Why were they struggling in the restaurant?

Why were they struggling in the restaurant?

I can understand if DD and IF were having problems but Luke and Jessica should have steamrolled everyone since they had super strength.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=riZkKCO20sU
youtube.com/watch?v=XlTID9HuU-o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jessica isn't bulletproof, it'd be boring if they just had this bulldozer who could walk through Hand like it was nothing, so they powered him down.

How is daredevil not dead?

I forgot, did the Hand even use guns?
It was all just swords and martial arts wasn't it?
Still, Jessica and Luke's strength is super wonky in the Netflix shows. If they just took out their powers altogether it honestly wouldn't make a difference, with the way its written.

The worst offense was Jessica plowing the car through the restaurant, knocking down Elektra, and then WALKING AROUND HER instead of taking two fucking seconds to assess the situation and kick the shit out of Elektra's head over and over. NOPE, gotta slowly walk over to the group and do action poses.

I will never forgive that utterly retarded shit.

The question is why, during most of the fights, is Luke Cage either standing still or moving super slowly?

youtube.com/watch?v=riZkKCO20sU

They legit didn't know what to do with Luke and Jessica

It's likely to promote the idea that since he's bulletproof and super strong, he can be lethargic and try to exude a relentless force coming at you. This can also suck, since I expected Danny to be the chilled zen dude he was in comics

They used in the OP's pic and in final fight. Even Madame Gao used a gun.

He's a blind guy

Speaking of which how come Madame Gao never used her Jedi powers until this series?

Are you retarded?

youtube.com/watch?v=XlTID9HuU-o

No I mean her telekinesis.

what do you expect from a drunk

For you.

Because they didn't shoot him before throwing him out of the helicopter.

um a 90 year old lady couldn't do that martial art shit without telekinesis. my 89 year old grandma hits me all the time and it never has once hurt. but i bet if she was 25 it would hurt like a mother fucker.

If anything they should have struggled more.

>villain constantly hammers the point that they're hyper old and dangerous and effective
>attack four uncoordinated people with the full force of their soldiers, and four of their five leaders
>objective is to capture an enemy and kill the others
>get one of theirs captured, miss their target and their best fighter just fucks off out of the blue

That's when i knew they weren't gonna be threatening.

>90 year old lady

Danny already beat Bacuda and Gao in his show. They were never particularly threatening as individual fighters, just as an organization with lots of political and corporate power.

The thing is when your villains constantly hype themselves up as being the shit, but constantly fail to deliver on their promises, you just lose all tension or respect for them.

After that scene, the Defenders gather their friends, all worried, but I was thinking "you constantly make them look like bitches at every turn so how can i be worried too?"

When Elektra killed the bitch I actually laughed. Mostly because it was like the show was admitting that they were just there to fill in time until Elektra got her shit together.

Plus there's also all the esthetic aspect of them. For people who lived this long, and come from a mystical place, you could play that up. Have them in a dark or grandiose room to discuss matters, or play up the ritualistic aspect. Some ninjas. Anything a bit fantasy-like. But nope. Bland lighting in a boardroom, and the occasionnal "did i mention i'm super old and know this great historical figure? hon hon"

I liked the black guy's use of tai chi and could see it overpowering Luke as it's not quite attacking him physically, just fucking with his chi

>hon hon
got a kek from me

And anyone could see Ripley dying the moment she started building up the death flag speech. Three seconds into that I was "Yep, this bitch is dead"

Sigourney Weaver was such a mis-cast for this role. Couldn't they have gone with at least 1 more chinese character besides Gao? Why are 4 out of 5 ancient leaders who all hail from a mystical chinese city in heaven non-chinese?

Nigga this is a fucking marvel tv show. At the halfway point the villains kill other villains. Fisk killed the russians, mariah killed cotton mouth, elektra killed dd s2.

And then Luke just knocked him out off-screen.

I was actually satisfied with their explanation. Kun Lao was a meeting place for practitioners of chi and where the techniques were refined.

After they drank the magic dragon jizz they fucked off and went back to their homelands to rule them

Same. Though I wasn't expecting that death.

I sincerely had a mental process like this :
>oh it's fucking Weaver ! They're probably gonna have do cool shit
>oh they set up how she's super old but will die soon. Can't wait to see how that affects her character; maybe some flashbacks ?
In the end she mentionned how she didn't want to die once. It never came back, it was never paid off, and her death was the most unclimacting thing regarding her own view of it. It was too sudden for her to be at least like "oh shit not again please no!!" she was discarded by the plot like a dirty tissue, and only served as a prop to occupy us until Elektra came to her senses.

In the end Elektra is the one completing the whole "I don't wanna be dead and alone over there" plotline, but since she basically picked the development of someone else, it feels hollow for the both of them.

Alexandra doesn't get a conclusion, and Elektra is suddenly all "I HAVE A MOTIVATION NOW"

>when your villains constantly hype themselves up as being the shit, but constantly fail to deliver on their promises, you just lose all tension or respect for them
>I was thinking "you constantly make them look like bitches at every turn so how can i be worried too?"
You know, that's what Netflix showrunners in general should learn.

That pissed me off too.

All this build up of the Hand lead to the heroes defeating them in such a boring way.

It's called Kun Lun, user.

And Alexandra's death mattered nothing to the overall narrative. All the major dramatic beats could have still happened of Elektra was still her fucktoy, the leadership change meant nothing.

>If I pull it off will you die?
>It will be extremely painful
>I'm a big guy

If you took a shot every time they said Kun Lun you'd be hospitalized after one episode. Did you have the audio on man? Maybe you weren't that into it.

That is a beautiful woman man. Super genes.

>elektra killed dd s2.

Kek

>For Jessica's ass

Because they are jobbers.

What is even the extent of Jessica's abilities? I know she can fly or jump high and she has super strength. Is she as strong as Cage? Stronger? Weaker? She's not bullet proof apparently. Can she move fast? The fuck is her deal?

She's more spry than Luke and also has accelerated healing, more so than DD gets from meditating. Luke is far more durable but that is only skin deep so he's still vulnerable to significant force. As we've seen it's still possible to knock him out, and not just through doped incense. Unbreakable skin but he still has a fragile human brain bouncing around in his skull. Jessica is less durable but presumably her durability is uniform across her body.

How does this play out on screen? However the fuck the writers want it to. Some people are still upset he can get hit by speeding cars but not shotguns to the head.

Jessica just tanked a bullet in her comic series and remarked she'd never known that she could, didn't she?