Legion of Super Heroes Thread

So we've been introduced to the new (and presumably not particularly permanent) Fatal Five and Doomsday Clock is on the horizon.

Any hopes/expectations?
Will DClock lead into a new comic?
Will Grundy become the new Persuader?
Will we finally find out why Indigo isn't the same colour as any other Coluan?
And most importantly, will your waifu survive?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cRxx0oElgpA
youtube.com/watch?v=h_vbJ9ChN3g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The new Fatal Five, as pictured in Supergirl #12

I don't trust the current DC regime to do right by the Legion, honestly. I'd like to see a version that mixes the best of all eras, but not holding my breath. For the Legion to really work, you need a strong continuity to extend into the future and we sure as shit don't have that now.

humphries will be the new writer

I dig it

>Will Grundy become the new Persuader?
If we're drawing parallels, Grundy strikes me as more of a Validus type

Also, Magog can fuck right off

Yeah, I'm not too sure about them either. It would be great if they could do some kind of combined version, but it feels like DC and Johns in particular are too into the Retroboot to realise that it doesn't work that well.

I'm kinda afraid that they will just bring back that shit from the reboot (IIRC) where characters would just go "oh no, we don't know, it was lost in the crisis" whenever the past was mentioned. Because it's kinda cheap and dumb.

It also seems like L.E.G.I.O.N Phase will appear in Lemire's new comic

>Putting this in one of the worse books from Rebirth
>Not a decent one that I can pick up

>putting the most blatant Legion stuff in a terrible comic that panders to a TV show nobody cares about
It's terrible, and makes me so very worried for the actual LoSH relaunch.

I really hope that;s actually what he's doing.
Phase was best girl, and even the smallest chance of Dox/L.E.G.I.O.N. showing up makes me happy.

Slutty Cos best boy

Nothing wil happen. DC knows the Legion has an absolute piss poor amount of fans, so they won't bother publishing something that wil obviously sell like shit.

This won't matter

I really hope they just pick up after Lemire.

There's enough fans to sustain a 30k book if it's not shit. Don't know if there are blind collector/characterfags though.

I'm a big faggot for Levitz/Giffen era, so while I liked Retroboot for giving me back the characters I grew up with, I acknowledge that another take like that, so beholden to stories and continuity from decades hence is bad for the franchise.

I think another take like Waid did where it's a brand new thing with it's own stamp on the group, and a new niche for the characters to fill would be a good thing. "Eat it Grandpa" Legion was a really neat concept that gave us some very strong, novel takes on a lot of the characters and dynamics of the Legion.

Personally however, I'd go the other direction as far as age and separation from the UP and make them an integral part of intergalactic politics... but that's just me. As long as we get a writer with a thought-out take on the franchise, i'm happy. Shit, even though I hated his Avengers, i'd let Hickman take a swing for sure. Why the hell not? He has a unique voice and a fanbase, that's what's needed. Even if it would be a LOT of Brainy-wank, let's fucking go for it.

I'd say Lemire due to his love, but he can't write teams so...

Some writers have tried to portray the Legion as something that unites the UP and shows how the whole union can cooperate despite their differences, and it would be interesting to see someone take that the whole way. I also think it could be interesting to see how various characters handle the kind of attention that status would bring to them, since it would mean that they would simultaneously be seen as idols and role models while also being susceptible to a lot of criticism from people who are less positive towards superheroes and/or the UP.

Brainy could do with some wank after how the last run went for him, as long as he gets to have some friends who can make fun of him for being an ass.

Retroboot was great until Johns left, especially compared to what a train wreck Threeboot was after Waid left.

I just wish they had a fun writer like Jeff Parker, Gillen or Slott

After what Gillen did to the Young Avengers?

...yes
his Uncanny was fun
I like him on team books

I've been waiting a few days to post this
finalllyz

2So, Grundy standing in for Validus, Indigo for Tharok, Magog for Persuader...

Who is Selena and does she have murder touch?

His YA was awful though and didn't even have a proper resolution aside from "lol, gay love saves the day because I said so". It's also the whole reason why American Chavez is relevant and terrible right now.

This. His kid loki was awessome too. Slott also did a fun run on the initiative, mighty Avengers, she hulk and spidey/torch

>Retroboot was great until Johns left,

I keep seeing people claiming this, but Terra Man was crap even before joining the Legion and Green Lanterns, and he fucked up on just about everyone's character given when he was rolling shit back to.

Jeff Parker would probably kill on Legion.

one bad run, wowzers

wildcard: Lobdell
his Rebirth book is one of the best, he wrote one of the best teen team series ever, handled one of the biggest franchises on the planet for a few years and wrote one of the most epic events in superhero comics ever
LoSH was his favorite comic growing up

She's the villain from Supergirl's movie.

>Terra Man was crap even before joining the Legion
He was a cunt, so it was satisfying to see his ass get beat, which is all I really want from a villain. Having him join the Legions pretty much says it all about

>and he fucked up on just about everyone's character given when he was rolling shit back to.

Nah, the only fuckup was shipping Ayla/Brin still.

Who the fuck delivers uncut pizza? I'm mad.

>not cutting your own pizza

He devolved Garth from stay at home dad to impulsive team moron.

>not cutting your own throat

this

im sick of "muh power hungry brainy"
give us back the loveable nerd dammit

Yeah, he is abrasive but not evil or particularly power hungry and he does care about his friends and teammates when it comes down to it.

I love the way James Robinson portrayed him in Adventure Comics, he really got it.

>Magog
lolwut

I don't know much about LoSH except for DC animated stuff but I like sexy teen heroines

Robinson's Legion Rebirth?

Wow, does anyone actually remember the Supergirl movie? I think she was a sorceress that had a strange kink obsession with men?

I'd buy it, he mostly seemed to know what he was doing which is more than you can say for a lot of other people.

Though he needs to work on the details and not stupidly rewrite B5's origin again.

I watched the Supergirl movie when I was a kid and liked, Helen Slaterwas such a babe.

The thing about power hungry Brainy is that they kept trying to turn him into Vril, which is a stupid idea for many reasons, not the least of which is that Querl's whole deal is that he's the good Brainiac.

Seriously, that was always the pitch with this character, reinforced whenever another Brainiac showed up. 1 is obvious, 2 is the most anti of anti-heroes, 3 is a wretched little shit, 4 is proper fucking bonkers, 6 we don't know enough about to make a judgment, 8 is in a weird grey area, and 13 is a straight villain.

Making 5 a power hungry asshole goes against the whole premise.

it's weird "evil genes" determinism shit, when they should instead focus on the fact that Brainy is for sexual

>Brainy is for sexual
Laurel/Lyle, pls.

Duo damsel needs to become a thing in the main canon one day.

>tfw no sexy scientist brainy who is the male dream girl in terms of sluttiness

Wasn't there some shit in the Archie Legion era about the crap on B5's face being behavior inhibitors so he wouldn't be evil or amoral?

Apparently some version of Tasmia joined the team because she wanted to fuck him.

It'd be pretty funny if he was oblivious to his own hotness though. Half of the team is flirting with and trying to fuck him and he doesn't get it and is just annoyed that no one is doing their job properly.

I think that might have been Threeboot. IIRC he didn't get face markings in Reboot until after the space shit made him Brainiac 5.1?

Yeah, I think they appeared when he merged with his force field in the space anomaly and then they went away when his mum electrocuted him. I think he also said at one point that they just kind of turned of all of his strong emotions and that it sucked balls.

He also mentioned them in that one arc towards the end when he went crazy because "he needed them to be normal", but then he just overcame the craziness anyway so who knows what the fuck they were trying to do there.

if we wanna go full on feels probably the other coluans made him get those implants due to thier fear of his lineage and he went along with it because of his own guilt

this pleases me

>hot af brainy who is oblivious and keeps doing sexy stuff
>the legion is torn between telling him to stop or making him keep going

>not Kara/Nura/Clark

shit taste senpai

Yeah, you could include it as a part of an all around terrible childhood. I think it's already canon that reboot Brainy was kept in more or less a prison after his mum fucked off and that he killed a guy there so it's not that far of that they would do something like that.

The way it canonically happened was 300% stupid though.

Green guilt, milquetoast piece of Coluan garbage

They really dropped the ball with Brainiac 4. Probably would've worked out better if she wasn't a villain, at least not a first. Or perhaps a villain who wasn't immediately hostile.

Like, the idea that she literally cannot feel any genuine affection for her own child could be an interesting idea to explore, certainly a rare theme in fiction to begin with since writers don't give a shit about mothers.

Instead, she was just another baddie who happened to be Querl's mom. Her being the leader of the Dark Circle could've even been a decent twist if her motive wasn't fucking stupid. Maybe she came to a logical reasoning to try and break up the UP, instead of "I want to FEEL.". Brainy, your mom is disappointing as fuck.

The main issue is that Vril sold her soul, but I don't see why the only side effect of having no soul should be having no emotions aside from what seems like murderous rage, which is an emotion so they really just threw the ball away.

If anything they could have made her 100% apathetic. She can take care of herself but she doesn't do anything in particular unless forced to, just sits around and seems totally vacant. That would mean he could still worry about not being loved or having a real childhood but without the random villany. It also kind of mirrors Kajz fate, while still not making her a copy of him.

Anyone thinks is possible to have Legion characters in Injustice 3?

I feel like it was mostly just done for the twist factor.

I don't know literally anything about Injustice but my understanding is that Brainy was in 2 so maybe they could. I guess they wouldn't be inspired by Superman though?

You already have one.

The face of a man who does not associate with people who like to dance.

Obligatory Brainy viewing: youtube.com/watch?v=cRxx0oElgpA

>Nura
>Lyle
>Tasmia
>Kara
>Clark
>Salu
>Dirk
Can he even be stopped

i swear to christ this scene is the only thing anyone ever even remembers about the show, a scene so gay it alone shaped a whole generation of fujos a scene so homo that IIRC brainy hasnt had a gf since a scene that is the end all be all of gay

how did no one say anything and how did Wyatt get away with this

>Vril sold her soul
Underworld Rising, right. What would've been cool is if they pulled an Orpheus, and travelled to wherever to get 4's soul back from Neron.

And they could totally have done it, too. Mysa was around by that time, so magic shit was very much on the table.

>a scene so homo that IIRC brainy hasnt had a gf since a scene that is the end all be all of gay

Pretty sure the Supergirl Annual was after it, depends on how you count that I guess

>goes through literal hell to rescue her soul
>the soul doesn't know him or anything else not Neron

But yeah, it could have been a cool storyline and a great opportunity to show of his cleverness.

brianys lust is a cosmic force it cannot be stopped
he can keep getting away with it

on a side note what is brianys BLACKED joke, COLUANED? BRAINIACED? GREENED?

honestly i would of liked it if they showed more of how much little she cared about anything in her travels

>legion defeats dark circle plan
>4 just up and leaves the dark circle to fate while the other legionnaires have no clue what the hell to do
>brainy becomes obessed with finding her again spends weeks trying to locate her and he ends up going on a tour of all the past lives b4 lived and learning how she just left without a care in the world
>eventually brainy admits he cant find her and thats it better that way because she can never even love him

GREENED is too on the nose, but maybe that's the point.

to be fair greened is supposed to be entirely on the nose

That'd be a pretty nice way to do it too

More feels if after returning to the Legion he's approached by one or two of his closer friends, presumably Lyle, Salu or Gates, who pretty much tells him that they know it must feel like shit but that they do love him and are there for him.

>it ends with brainy saying wherever she is he hopes she can find whatever it is shes looking for
>possible bonus of it cutting to b4 in new metropolis

And then she goes to hell to fight Neron in the next annual but doesn't approach her son after gaining it back because she doesn't want to hurt him again now that she can actually feel that it's wrong?

brainiac 4: hellblazer?

Brainiac from present day isn't the same as Brainiac 5 from the future, also it was Superboy a member of the Legion and not Superman.

Play through the story mode as Brainiac and see what happens.

>Brainiac from present day isn't the same as Brainiac 5 from the future

Generally you are correct, but not right now: youtube.com/watch?v=h_vbJ9ChN3g

>also it was Superboy a member of the Legion and not Superman.

He has teamed up with them as an adult too

>tfw no brainiac lineage adventure story

i would kill to see a full tale of what lyrl did on the jungle world and after legionv2 also what vril did as well along with b4 and 1s own stories

ongoing never ever

This is what Flashpoint robbed from us

How about a LoSH game? Something like Mass Effect but with Superheroes.

*He would kill the book sales. Unfortuantely.

I think Lego is the best bet there. They were already in one of the movies.

Let's cut to the chase though, Legion dating sim

>Something like Mass Effect
Ewww

>Legion dating sim
Only avaible in Japan.

Well it did happen as like a backup in some issue. I think it was mostly New Krypton ending in a cluterfuck that robbed us.

I imagine he wants a self-insert protagonist that gets to fuck half the teammates.

It's strange to me that more studios don't copy that formula.

It wasn't enough, we never ever got to see Vril try to keep Lyrl and Querl from fighting each other.

But yeah, NK was a part of it too but FP really sealed the deal for them.

I'd really rather not. Warner Bros is an utter piece of shit company who WILL shove all manner of micro transactions, season passes, paid DLC, and fucking loot boxes into that shit.

The Arkham games were bad enough, but have you seen the shit they've been pulling with Shadow of War? No fucking thanks.

Lemire confirmed it's not the same one. Her name is Phantom Girl but she's not any of the ones from any incarnation of Legion and this will be further explained in The Terrifics.

Salty Sancho? What are you doing in my Sup Forums?