REMEMBER ME?!

yeah, Sup Forums used to be comfy

>Klarion and Misty will never attend Mystic U

>implying they can't do a timeskip for an ongoing if the mini is successful

pls

I remember the spam

But too

>Manhattan Guardian will never return

Nigga, you're even more deluded than I am.

>implying Zatanna would've made a better teacher
>implying Klarion and Misty as students would've made more sense
Well, you're right.

>Ystina will never be queen.
And I mean Ystina too, not Ystin who I consider to be almost a completely different character.

What would Zatanna teach? How to get lucky and inherit amazingly powerful and convenient magical abilities from your dad? This isn't Naruto.

Don't they pretty much all inherit their powers? What do you mean?

They don't call her the mistress of magic for nothing user. While Zatanna was born with the innate talent it was also a life of training and study to harness to the dexterity that Zatanna has.

>other niggas - spend your whole life learning spells for the tiniest glimmerings of magical knowledge
>zatanna - lmao dude just say it backwards
Fuckin sure it was a life of training and study.

Backwards talking is the highest level of spellcasting that requires a total mastery over magic.

Goddam casual, go back to Facebook, you retard.

What would she learn though?

And yet backwards walking is the action of a retard. Really makes you think.

Always in my heart !

Ystina had a lot of potential left what with beign stranded in the present. Ystin is tryhard.

If you don't know Zatanna's powers come from her dad and are clearly magic on EZ mode, you're the fucking casual. Face it: she's an old timey gagging fetish character who was somehow elevated to center stage.

Do yourself a favor and read seven soldiers user.

In the actual comic? It'll be personal, emotional focused kinda magic stuff like in the America book IMO. There's no set, regulated way magic works in the DC Universe and the characters are all different - and at least two of them can basically just make wishes - so Mystik U the book can't have actual magic classes. It'll be like, adventuring practice and self-care.

Do yourself a favor and flesruoy llik.

In the actual comic? It'll be personal, emotional focused kinda magic stuff like in the America book IMO. There's no set, regulated way magic works in the DC Universe and the characters are all different - and at least two of them can basically just make wishes - so Mystik U the book can't have actual magic classes. It'll be like, adventuring practice and self-care.

Couple things.
>Zatanna's mother is the one responsible for her innate magical abilities.
>she study and practiced magic all her life so even without being a sorcerer Zatanna would still be the mistress of magic.
>there are othetr characters with more egregious cases of EZ magic, like Black alice for example.

I remember the meme

Why are you guys taking such obvious baits friends?

>like Black alice
Black Alice doesn't have EZ mode magic at all. She doesn't have any magic: she steals other people's. If she doesn't know how to use it she'd fuck up, and she's not as good as the innate user is either.

Black Alice actually would have to devote herself to studying a target to be able to use their magic effectively, and she has to have a carrier she can draw on to have magic at all. That's the opposite of EZ mode.

Zatanna is a pretty poorly conceived character though. It started as a gag and then she got put in ultra serious mature and important cape comics and forced into ultra serious high stakes action scenes. There aren't limitations put on her backwards magick and for the most part writers are such hacks that they can't even use words as a barrier aka her backwards magick not working if she didn't say something specific and exact instead of just nrut ot enots. And while her Seven Soldiers mini is great, that's an exception, her stories are usually not like that.

Yeah, I really want you to come back and have a rivalry with Klarion the Witch-Boy.

You were freaking great.

>Zatanna's mother is the one responsible for her innate magical abilities.
But her dad has the actual powers she has? Hasn't this long since been retconned, is this the secret magical humans thing?

>it's a misty thread becomes a zatanna thread episode

>if the mini is successful

>Comic not titled "Batman," "Justice League," or "Harley Quinn"
>Successful

Haha. We capeshit fans are too stupid to support even amazing books that don't center around the top ten most familiar characters. And then we go onto the internet and complain about how there are 16 Bat-titles and no Plastic Man or Challengers of the Unknown titles.

We deserve this.

>we could've had lesser known/obscure characters like Klarion, Misty, Jakeem Thudner, Black Alice learning about responsibility and the effects using magick has on the real world
>mischief from some, growing up by others
>instead it's just another stupid Zatanna wank

>Do yourself a favor and read Morrison

Do yourself a favor and lose your virginity.

>She doesn't have any magic
Well first off yes she does because her power are entirely magical in nature and I would consider the power of taking ANYONE'S MAGIC like the spectre or The OG Green lantern or Etrigan or even Zatanna and leaving them powerless to be EZ magic.
>Black Alice actually would have to devote herself to studying a target to be able to use their magic effectively
That not how it works on the comics, she can take anyone's magical powers and use them for her own.

>We capeshit fans are too stupid to support even amazing books that don't center around the top ten most familiar characters
Here's a fun experiment, look through shelf threads for the next month and count how many times you see the Prez trade, something Sup Forums loves to death. I like snooping around these thread and looking at pictures and I'll tell you this, I've seen more shelves with Trouble than I've seen with Prez.
Also
Klarion's recent mini didn't even get collected in a trade and Misty has been erased and considering Zatanna's current status quo DC doesn't want Misty.
Mystik U won't sell, not with that title. Not that it sounds very good either.

>it started as a gag and then she got put in ultra serious mature and important cape comics
None of this is true.

Giovanni Zatara's backward talking was learned.

>something Sup Forums loves to death
It's something comblr loves to death, the people who actually don't buy comics.
Of course you won't see it in the shelves of those who do.

FACT: comparison's to anime are the easiest way to understand DC's magic characters.

Sup Forums is Sup Forumsmblr and Sup Forumsmblr shelf threads don't have the beloved Prez trade but they wonder why they didn't make a second series.

>Sup Forums is Sup Forumsmblr
No, not yet.

You need to open your eyes.

Just one of the many Sup Forums flavor of the month girls

Honestly I don't even care anymore, Sup Forumsmblr seems to be only place that I can discuss comics anymore.

>We will never see that particular New York again

The addition of all the buildings unbuilt IRL and the general 'magical realism' tone made it really feel like a DCU city instead of a direct transplant.

Manhattan Guardian is explicitly urban fantasy, not magical realism, and it is kinda to the detriment of the story.

How is Urban fantasy different from magical realism?

Magical realism is when the supernatural intrudes upon an otherwise mundane world. Setting aside the fact that its placement in the DCU more or less precludes it from being within the magical realism genre from the outset, the story itself is built on the premise of an inherently fantastical world. The hivemind of feral children is the most magical realistic element of story.

>It started as a gag

There are people on Sup Forums who literally have not read Action Comics #1

>tfw dc completely fumbled following up on seven soldiers

Nothing unusual about that.

Comics before the late 60s are gags and even from then on there are only a few exceptions up until the mid 80s.

lol

What the fuck are you talking about? Seven Soldiers as been extensively used for story concepts.

>Morrison deliberately sets up new elements of the DCU
>Other writers ignore/arent confident enough to follow up on and expand on them

True of practically everything outside Damian and Spyral.

>Ystin was a tryhard.
That's kinda how I felt about Demon Knights in general.

poorly

Well considering Camelot and its Knights constantly re-incarnate i'd say the different Shining Knights are different characters.

Then don't use the same character design, because that's what I'm really pissed about here.
>no one is going to differentiate the two as being different characters.
>future writers will probably draw more from Demon knights than seven soldiers.

Demon Knights Ystin is a far more developed character than SS's Ystina, who is a stock character. The Sheeda and its Queen get more development in Ystina's story than she does.

Morrison dropped the ball of some of the stuff in SS, particularly from the perspective of a revamp.

>and it is kinda to the detriment of the story.
To the entirety of Seven Soldiers? Literally the whole book is pretty much urban fantasy.

No, to Manhattan Guardian the story.

>Demon Knights Ystin is a far more developed character than SS's Ystina.
I HOPE YOU FUCKING DI- You're wrong. Demon Knights Ystin is not a more fully developed character than Ystina, if anything he's the generic stock character.

>Demon Knights Ystin is a far more developed character than SS's Ystina
On what merit? How are you gauging the character development of two different characters in two different type of stories and coming to the conclusion that Ystin has more?

Well then, we're just going to have to disagree.

Because let's break this down.
>Ystina come from an ancient welsh Camelot
>supposedly so does Ystin
>Ystina is actually just starting out as a knight having become one die to the sheeda invasion.
>Ystin on the other hand is an unfazed seen everything adventurer.
>Ystina is a temporal fish out of water whose knightly virtues are at odds with the modern world.
>Ystin is entirely in his comfort zone.
>Ystina's crossdressing is armor in itself and when she discarded she discarded all that she once knew.
>being a transgender plays as a joke for Ystin, he's not bothered by it and neither is anyone else.
So how does this becomes Ystin is more fully developed character?

>Demon Knights Ystin is a far more developed character than SS's Ystina
This is just plain wrong.

Ystina's knightly virtues being at odds with the modern world is mostly due to a Sheeda weapon trying to demoralize her, she otherwise has no trouble adjusting to the situation and the fact that it takes place in the DCU undermines the argument because of the superheroes. The discarding of her crossdressing is simply symbolic, her discarding of all she once knew is when she killed Galahad.

;-;

>she otherwise has no trouble adjusting to the situation
Except no.

>gets a pep talk from Ali-Ka Zoom
>immediately goes to the police

Granted, those might be narrative requirements brought on by the limited page space.

Holy shit user you got some serious memory problems. Ali Ka Zoom pep talk came at the end of the series when all was said and done and she resigned herself to just being a schoolgirl.

He's the homeless guy she rescues in issue 2.

lookdown.txt