ITT: LCS stories

ITT: LCS stories

>that one guy who wants to be a rapper and will randomly start spitting supa hot bars related to comics
>"Girl with yo hair and yo eyes you the finest I've ever seen, you like a perfect 10 CGC graded amazing fantasy number fifteen"
So far he's still in his mixtape phase.

>LCS hires maids (like the Japanese maido-bar maids, but local white girls) who hand out drinks and snacks whenever there's a special occasion like an anniversary or a holiday
>thirsty guys (usually tourists) enter the LCS just so they can hit on the maids

>>LCS hires maids (like the Japanese maido-bar maids, but local white girls) who hand out drinks and snacks whenever there's a special occasion like an anniversary or a holiday
Well that's fucking stupid. No wonder LCS are shutting down.

I work at my towns lcs.
Nothinginteresting or weird happens.
Sales are kinda low on the Marvel end.
The girls who comes in are average.
There's only 1 neckbeard but he kinda learned that being cringy and weird isn't socially acceptable so he became a lot more friendly.
The magic players are pretty casual so there's no butthurt faggots ruining everything.
All in all its a pretty standard retail job that I occasionally get some down time to draw or read books in.

I wish I had wacky made up stories like Sup Forums to share.

>"Girl with yo hair and yo eyes you the finest I've ever seen, you like a perfect 10 CGC graded amazing fantasy number fifteen"

That's pretty good. What's this guy's name?

>this entire post

where the fuck do you live?

>Pastor Prime
Heavyset dude with a buzz cut who dresses like he just got out of church. Every wednesday he comes in, says nothing, grabs anything transformers related, pays for them and leaves.

>Fatnasty and D-Beetus
Two fat guys who wear nothing but nu metal band shirts and basketbalsl shorts. Never buy anything, just walk around the store wheezing and coughing a lot and then leave.

>Comic Book Dads
Guys with their daughters age 3-15 desperately trying to get them interested in comics so they can tell their wife they are doing daddy/daughter bondjng time when he is digging through the back issues. Daughters usually look at Harley Quinn stuff.

>Tina
13 year old girl who looks exactly like Tina from Bob's Burgers. At first i thought she was cosplaying but it seens like she just always looks that way.

cute!

Not him, but this sounds like Henk Li's Comics & Manga store in Amsterdam. The rapper (if it's the same guy, which it probably is because I doubt many shops hire maids and have a comics rapper) is one of the most annoying creatures on earth. The worst part is that he raps in English despite his English being shit. I'm pretty sure the only reason that he isn't banned is that he buys a lot.
>2 years ago when he suddenly had cornrows and said "AYAYAY" before he picked up an item.

>friend is a regular in a LCS
>takes me there
>chat a little with the manager, we get along well
>ask him about some Jason comics
>he only has two but says that he can ask for any particular one I want
>tell him to ask for X and Y
>never go back
>friend had to make up an excuse for me
Sorry not sorry

Douche

What's with people who never buy anything? Are they just browsing for what they'll download laterr?

LCS are cancer and directly responisble for the failure of the american comic book industry

Faggots like you are why comic shops are dying. kys

>Diamond is cancer and directly responsible for the failure of the american comic book industry
FTFY
I don't know but they could at least not fucking hover around for a good half hour to 45 minutes before fucking off.

>Pastor Prime
Kek

>Go to a comic shop in another city
>Browsing wares
>Decided to buy some Omnibus since they're half off
>As I was making small talk to the cashier some guy cuts in front of me and asks for his pull with his halitosis breathe
>Lady employee goes under the counter and pulls like a stack of MLP floppies, around 20 issues worth.
>Guy then gets his wet(?) money straight from his pocket like an animal and then hands the money at the counter, immediately does a 180 and leaves.
First time to see an actual brony,I didn't want to believe that bronies were this retarded and it was all a meme but I was proven wrong. The guy looked like he was gonna murder someone, he was really thin and had super baggy clothes.

Nah dude you're a prick. It would be one thing to fuck over some random guy out of a sale, But eat shit for putting your friend in that position where he has to cover for your shitty behavior.

>go to my LCS to see what they have in
>pick up The Boys Vol 9 and Superior Foes of Spider-Man Vol 1
>the owner behind the counter starts to ring me up
>see The Boys and goes on to tell me how he met Garth and the man wrote him into his comic
>he sees superior foes and scoffs
>ask if he's read of this before
>What, a comic about five costumed people sitting around a table trying to kill spider-man? No thanks those comics are all the same
>I'm baffled, before I can anything the other guy behind the counter messing with the MtG cards leans over
>this guy, right?
>I laugh
>he laughs
>the customer waiting behind me laughs
>the guy who rung me up just stares

Not only is it a dick move to the "friend" it's a dick move to the shop, that's how comic stores close down, people ordering shit and not picking them up.

Why do people keep making threads with Karlie Kloss OPs?

Yeah, you're right on that. He forgave me though.
And I bought something in that place a year later too (when I was convinced the manager wouldn't recognize me, he didn't as far as I know).

Loads of people on Sup Forums like her since her whole Taylor thing.
Alsoshe triggers manlets.

What happened between them?

Not him, but I don't see any problem with his behavior.

>that's how comic stores close down
Good. The comics industry is a cancarous cesspool that needs to die already. Let the fuckers find some real jobs.

Have a {You}

They used to be best friends, but they seemingly had a falling out and don't talk anymore.

LCS user gives me hope for the future.

>go to my Lcs to get my pull list
>see Ostrander's Suicide Squad Volume 1 siting there
>fuckyes!.jpeg
>go to ring it up
>clerk recommends me New 52 SS
>I decline politely, pay for my items and leave
>come back a while later, pick up Voulme 2
>he tries to push New 52 again
>again I decline
>proceeds to tell me New 52 is a much better read because of Harley Quinn being on the team
>tell him I don't really like Harley Quinn, pay for my items and leave
>come back Wednesday to get my pull list
>notice that my copy of Spider-Man and Deadpool is missing
>ask the clerk about this
>tells me Deadpool is a very overrated character so he took it off my pull list for him
>get angry, tell him I'm not buying it because of Spider-Man or Deadpool, I'm buying it because it's written by Joe Kelly
>who? Who is that?

Quit fucking posting this

I used to have an LCS that would add books to your pull because "you might like them".

I don't go there anymore. I honestly can't tell if they were serious or saying it as a joke to cover their pull mistakes.

Why? It's a good story

explain to a non american - what's a pull list?

Instead of having a subscription to one or multiple comics, you give the comic store guys your "pull list" AKA comics you want them to put aside for you every month, and you pic them up every once in a while.

Sounds like a store that's not interested in staying in business.

I see, thanks.

Well they're also a cinema, the comic shop is small and located in their lobby

Damn, I wish I was there for that thread.

Where do you live? I'm in Ireland and I don't know of a store here that doesn't do pull lists. Granted there are about ten scattered across the country, but still.

I forget the name of this shop, but i heard about them at my LCS a few weeks ago

>regular from my LCS puts ASM on his pull
>they ask him if he wants the rest of the spider books
>he tells them just amazing, obviously
>they start ringing all the other books up along with his pull anyway even though he has to ask them to take then off every single time
>they try to give him all the spider-island tie-ins also
>eventually stops going there

>Daughters usually look at Harley Quinn stuff.
The father failed his daugher.

Russia. There aren't even comic book stores here, they sell comic books in book stores, and it's usually collected editions and hardcovers, not ongoings.

This one time this guy was in who looked EXACTLY like Comic Book Guy from Simpsons.

Wanted a subscription to Spiderman, so he kept asking the guy at the counter a bunch of annoying questions.

Eventually he left, then like a minute later he came rushing back in to ask when they'd be getting the new Steven Universe Funko POP! figures.

Why go to the LCS when you can just buy if off Amazon or Barnes and Noble's Buy 2, Get 1 Free event?

>always qts behind the desk
>had a nice sleeved deluxe print of The Eternaut
>one qt notices me leafing through it and invites me over to the desk to lay it out instead of holding it like a newborn
>talk to her for a good fourty minutes about real comics
>check out with the last books I need to finish my blacksad and corto Maltese collections
>she sees the corto Maltese and strikes up another convo about Pyongyang
>she said she'd read them based on my gushing
>thank her and walk out

And that's the most I've ever talked to a girl in person about one of my few life's passions.

Never had a bad experience here. Feels good having a store where they have a containment store in the back for the /tg/spergs

You enjoy the space and want to support a local company who does good work?

Im a casual that intermittently broke and i like to scope out older/indie shit as well as DnD shit.
Im disappointed i have to go to the used bookshop for my trpgs.

My LCS doesn't even sell recent comics, mostly old stuff, card packs, individual cards, toys and used games and console.

>used games and console.

Oooh, how far back go they go?

Man, my LCS is kinda lame. The counter-jockey is friendly enough but he doesn't really know shit about comics beyond the basics, and most of the regulars are either Magic-playing teens or Pokémon-playing children. Not that I have a problem with those guys, but it'd be nice if some actual comic readers hung out in there.

I went to a LCS out of town one time, all the ones in my area usually cut you a deal if you're buying in bulk (like say if you're buying 50 $1 comics, they will take 5 or 10 bucks off)

I picked out a big stack of about 50 1 dollar comics and politely asked the guy at the counter if there was any deal he could give me

He rolled his eyes and copped an attitude "dude, they're DOLLAR comics" then immediately looked back down and flipped apathetically through his magazine.

that day instead of making 45 bucks off 50 space wasting comics they made 0.

The next month I was in the area and they had gone out of business.

>wanting to get your books weeks late
>paying for shipping
>giving money to amazon

Mostly recent used games of current consoles.

Fuck you. Money is an issue. It is a serious debate whether to pick up several cheaper ones or one collection. I'll take as long as i fucking please.
45 mins is a bit excessive

>Not joining the Church of Amazon. Amazon is the only god that you need.

Dang.

There needs to be more stores selling Sega Saturn games.

My LCS is pretty rampant with odd characters. There's a tall man-baby guy that comes in every Wednesday and gets every single comic from Marvel and DC, all the variants too. There's a guy who buys nothing but female led DC books, including the Superhero Girls book. He also ogles Harley Quinn statues and licks his lips as he does so. Does this creepy laugh after every sentence like it's somehow an innuendo.

>He also ogles Harley Quinn statues and licks his lips as he does so. Does this creepy laugh after every sentence like it's somehow an innuendo.

This guy sounds kind of cool, would hang with if hes not a convicted child rapist.

>Eventually he left, then like a minute later he came rushing back in to ask when they'd be getting the new Steven Universe Funko POP! figures.

Jesus, when was this?

Also, which ones did he ask for?

Bout a month ago. Can't remember who he wanted.

It might have been Teen Titans Go, really. My memory is hazy.

Personally, I'm more of a bookstore guy. LCS are a nice novelty but they are cancer for a nonfanatic audience.

Things that never happened for 500.

I like the large wall of trades and hardbacks that most Chapters/Indigo locations have these days, but it sucks that they don't price-match their online store for items in the store. At least now you can used their gift cards online.

>one day my house burns down
>tell my LCS that I need to cancel my pull list due to lack of money
>owner tells me that he'll pay for my comics for the following three months

Fake or not still gets me to this day

There's got to be more to this to warrant the hostility I'm reading off of you. All you described was him being curt and having bad breath.

>It might have been Teen Titans Go, really. My memory is hazy.

It probably was, I've had the newest wave of SU POPs since March.

>I don't like Deadpool so I took it off your pull list

Fucking Marvel, killing comic stores.

To this day I'm still convinced that that little bastard did that because I insulted his waifu

>go to comic store
>feel weird for some reason because I'm a sperg
>know jack shit about comics but want to read them
>guy behind the counter is reading Green Lantern comic
>ask him if it's any good
>In the most annoying condescending way tells me yeah

Fuck comic stores. Never reading any comics

I just wanted to break the ice and ask for recommendations but nooo

>feel weird for some reason because I'm a sperg
so was the guy you asked, user

>have a single bad experience
>Fuck comic stores
You're doing this to yourself.

Waah I couldn't jew my way out of an extra $5 and the wage slave clerk who has zero authority wouldn't negotiate with me so I threw a tantrum and left.

"Entertainment industry, print industry, writers, artists, private business, and clerks don't deserve to work."

Kill yourself faggot

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah you're still a spineless dick though.

>trade waiting

Cancer.

>said someone who has never worked in a comic shop

Infinite wisdom everyone

>Be 10-12.
>Not a lot of LCS in my country.
>Buy comics in regular newspaper stands.
>Frequent one run by a nice lady.
>It closes down.
>Flashforward last year, I'm 25.
>Go run some errands at a local department store near where the stand used to be.
>The stand lady works there now.
>Recognizes me as "that little boy who loved superheroes".
>Gave me a neat discount.

Earth-shattering, I know.

>every single comic from Marvel and DC

Is this dude made of money?

Who are you quoting

>jew my way out of an extra $5

Being frugal with your money is the easiest way to acquire more of it.

>who has zero authority

If thats the case, which would be a mistake on part of management, how about instead of copping an attitude, he just says "Im sorry sir, im not allowed to make those kind of deals"

Its one thing to be rude to rude customers, another thing to be rude to polite customers. its just bad business.

>I threw a tantrum

What part of my post indicates that I threw a tantrum? you seem awfully emotionally invested in a strangers anecdote. Are you perhaps the faggot clerk in question?

I have no idea how he does it. He walks in every Wednesday with two empty rucksacks and when he leaves, they're full. He also buys model trains from the store across the hall (LCS is in a shopping centre).

>I'm 25
And you still look like you did when you were twelve? Time to get a haircut and ditch the cargo shorts, user.

Used the comic book store locator to find the nearest comic book store and it pointed me to some suburb area so I drove around there to find it and it was just houses. I passed the address a few times to make sure I didn't get anything wrong and the dude standing outside looked at me funny so I left. I checked the site again and I guess he just ships shit for people, felt like a fool.
Any ways there are no comic shops in my area.

kek

I'm a bit of a babyface, people often assume I'm 17 or so.

>that's how comic stores close down

...at the end of my couple month phase buying comic books (mostly cartoonfag) I asked for a comic they were out of and they said they'd order it for me. Never came back for a variety of reasons. Now I feel bad.

Don't. One more nail isn't going to make that coffin shut any tighter

I had to browse for a huge amount of time before I found something good enough. Comics are just really bad nowadays.

Whenever I'm at con's or shopping back issues, I usually ask for about a 25% discount and negotiate from there, usually work, but generally I agree, if no deal is made I usually dont buy at full price, unless its a severally undercosted key, Like the time I found a Strange Tales 126, about a 6.5/FN grade, first Dormammu for $30.

Politicz. With a 'z'.

Reminds me of the Youtube "recommended videos."

How do you call it when you have an erection, but in your heart instead of your dick?

that thing that girls do?

So uh

Knitting?

My old LCS would do this too, except they saved me every variant cover on my pull. Unfortunately they closed too.

Is this Legends in Cupertino?

Nah, it's in Galway. Good to know this is a duplicitous thing though.