Estimated weekend US/Can boxoffice: $5 Million

Estimated weekend US/Can boxoffice: $5 Million.

What went wrong, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GXiDCWxF30U
cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/leap-ballerina-film-reviews-tell-different-story-153080.html
rottentomatoes.com/m/ballerina_2017/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's not a very good movie? It looks like cheap, foreign made cgi crap.

Pointless American localisation, from what I hear. It must have actually made the film WORSE given that critics liked the original a lot better.

I couldn't tell whether or not they were going for a romance from the trailer. Besides, everyone was home watching the Mayweather fight.

It's shit

In animation terms it's actually quite well made foreign cgi crap.

The only thing I thought when I saw the trailer in theaters is "I hope my girlfriend doesn't want to drag me to it"
Looked generic

Hollywood is collapsing as a whole and losing money for about two years straight. This summer was aparently the low point in ticket sales. It will continue to fall, and I embrace its downfall. You should too.

Basically it's not a toon problem. Hijacked, SJW pozzed parody of western culture is imploding as a whole.

Winner at the box office only grossed $10 million dollars. What the hell happened to the movies?

It needs a Pixar or Disney logo

Aside from that, the movie was good. Although not great , is not bad by any means

no marketing
i never heard of it

and people only see movies if they've seen the commercial on average 3 times per half hour of television

I still want to check out Felicie's ass.

youtube.com/watch?v=GXiDCWxF30U

it had Disney marketing strategy: short unambigous title that doesnt tell much about the story.

>This summer was aparently the low point in ticket sales.
Ticket sales were at a FIFTEEN year record low this summer.

Here's what will happen. More and more theaters will be going out of business. The next generation of kids will think of movie theaters like we think of vinyl record shops.

Hollywood will still survive, sadly. Production companies will simply adopt the Netflix format, breaking away from Netflix like Disney is doing. At that point there will be hundreds of various streaming services to choose from, all causing confusion and frustration.

The Weinstein Company

What did they change?

>What did they change?
That's an ongoing mystery over at Cartoon Brew.

cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/leap-ballerina-film-reviews-tell-different-story-153080.html

Main character wasn't a trap

>It’s known that TWC co-chairman Harvey Weinstein reworked the film and recast its voices. Perhaps the Weinstein cut departed heavily from the original, turning it into a different film? (An English-language version of the film already existed and had been released in English-speaking territories outside of the U.S., but Weinstein added new voices to his version, including Nat Wolff, Kate McKinnon, and Mel Brooks.)
>Weinstein
That explains a lot, really.

Parents don't want to take their kids to a movie about a trap who wants to be a ballerina.

When will the madman be stopped?

Not nearly enough hype, they advertised it on Nickelodeon sometimes....but that was about it.

People need to know the movie exists first before they can go to watch it.

I've seen both. A few new voices (orphanage guy, evil mother, boy love interest) plus some added dialogue are the only drastic changes. There's no changes to the story or anything like that. Some of the changes in dialogue are bizarre (did... did we need a "hammer time" reference, movie?) but the most noticeable problem with the dubbing is SO. MUCH. AD LIBBING in the American dub. Random lines added when you can't see the characters lips, or when the 'camera' is pulling away from the scene. "Oh there's some grass," "oh look fireflies!" "aw man I wet myself." etc. Like damn, let the characters run through a field with fireflies without added dialogue. Aany poignancy any lines or scenes might have had was ruined by this.

Although to be fair, the Rotten Tomato reviews for Ballerina and Leap aren't drastically different. It's just that Ballerina got mostly "just barely squeaking by as fresh" reviews and Leap's reviews are a few decimals lower, making them rotten. So Ballerina has a higher score despite similar reviews.

It's mostly just not a great movie. I was really disappointed that there wasn't more focus on ballet, especially since it was supposed to be set in the Paris Opera in the late 19th century. Too many modern elements, plus the "love interest" boy character was fucking terrible and pointless. They should have cut him and actually focused more on Felicie, as well as the blonde antagonist girl whose name I can't remember now. The message of the film (this random older girl with no training can join an elite ballet school and beat the other girls who have been training for literally years in less than a week) was shitty as well. Teach kids that dreams are hard work, especially ballet. Someone said it in another thread but this is the type of movie that causes little girls to beg their parents to send them to ballet school then they quit in less than a month because they don't get to dance in pointe shoes or wear big tutus right away.

Ballerina played in Canada months ago.

it's on dvd in my country already.

good lord, this year is so shitty with animation.

I don't know what to believe

>foreign is used as a negative by default
so much for libertarian heaven

>30M budget
>already made 50M worldwide
USA's just a bonus.

Not enough budget for a promotion
Not something that americans are interested in
They took forever to be released
It is not really good

I hear it's been localized pretty poorly for Americans.

Other people seem to like the movie.

why are millennials doing this?

Because movies got way too shitty maybe?

Everyone should just stop giving TWC animated features. They always butcher them for the states with dumbass changes.

-Movies are shitty
-Better stuff is online
-"Why go outside and pay 8-20 dollars for a ticket when I can just not see it and stay inside"

They're both true. Contrary to what the media would have you believe, parents are pretty solidly opposed to pushing trans awareness onto kids, and Sup Forums would like a cute little trap becoming a ballerina, but it wasn't enough trap for Sup Forums and too much trap for parents.

Movies are shit, tickets are expensive, theaters are gross, grown adults don't want to be seen alone in public going to see an animated kid's film surrounded by annoying snot nosed brats and their neurotic parents when the film's going to be up on torrent sites or netflix soon enough

>it's another shitty, generic animated movie that only has one word as its title

Why do they keep shitting those out?

if it aint broke...

Shouldn't have changed the voices.

rottentomatoes.com/m/ballerina_2017/

He was great as Victor. Shouldn't have dubbed over him for the American version. Never mind that it makes no sense because he is American.

The ratings aren't all that different.

Ballerina: Average Rating: 5.7/10
Leap: Average Rating: 4.9/10

It's basically like Ballerina got a C- and Leap got a D+.

>What the hell happened to the movies?
Netflix and Hulu

this is the first i've heard of the movie.

> Netflix, Games, Phones, Internet - Millenials have more entertainment options for cheap
> The Silent Majority is tired of DIVERSITY™ making movies gratingly preachy and unrelatable.
> > Going to the theater costs $20 a head.

and most importantly

> Hollywood has done what all corporations do in our modern zombie-culture: Lower everything to the lowest common denominator and try to make films as broadly palatable as possible so they can not offend anyone while being accessible on the international market.

People like seeing movies - the success of Dunkirk, or films like Baby Driver are proof of that. The underperformance of a movie like Spiderman: Homecoming meanwhile is a great example of how audiences will tune out even if you roll out a popular brand/ character.

shut up tripfag

Most movies are crap, and full of thinly veiled propaganda. Tickets are expensive because median wage has stagnated, and millennials have debt proportional to their level of common sense.

Of course I'm going to stay the fuck at home and play games I picked up on Steam/GoG/ decided to emulate.

Wait, I thought that girl was from a ballerina movie where she has lesbian sexual tension with a rival dancer.

She was just a bit character in some guy's "I can fly" story this whole time?

It's French.

>Hijacked, SJW pozzed parody of western culture is imploding as a whole.
That's not the problem and you will be so miserable after Hollywood's downfall happened, and movies have changed but not this aspect of them.

TL;DR the SJW hijacked this movie, sad day user..

The "I can fly" story is the movie's B-Plot that they emphasized more in the burger marketing.

Theatres will cut a deal with moviepass. This is the only way they survive