The Shadow

Is there anyone left who hasn't been ruined by modern feminism/social justice?

Other urls found in this thread:

oldradioworld.com/shows/The_Shadow.php
oldradioprograms.us/Shadow.htm
bookre.org/isearch?q=Maxwell Grant
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I dunno. That seems like a pretty spot-on description of the unfocused rage that fills a lot of people.

I understand your concerns about buzzwords, but that aside this is pretty neat.

well i'm just glad you bothered to put the word modern up in there.

>Someone says privileged
>Sup Forums freaks out
Can we fucking stop with this

Yeah out of context this just seems like relevant social commentary.

It's only weird because it's the guy who is usually concerned with taking out mobsters saying it to a couple school shooting kids like what is he doing there instead of taking out a mob?

Yeah, that is pretty weird.

No, literally every single comic on the shelves is SJW propoganda. Of the hundreds of comics on the racks there's not even one that you could possibly enjoy, not even one that isn't taken over by feminists.

All those books that are just women with big tits on the cover? Nope, feminist.

All those Image books that are high concept scifi books? Nope, just SJW horseshit.

I'm sure you're a longtime huge fan of the Shadow and have been loyally buying his books, so I understand your frustration that Dynamite would sacrifice their massive sales from hardcore fans such as yourself to try and reach a broader audience with a style more relevant to modern times.

Yeah. The Shadow goes after shit that actually matters.

I still think he's just letting out some steam after an argument with Batman.

and here we go...

School shooting does matter, it's just not the Shadow's usual narrative domain is all, it's like he's taken out of his setting.

Great argument, OP.

>tells someone that they are butthurt because at the end of the day they are mediocre despite the head start they have in life.
>manchildren freak out and claim SJWs

not OP, sorry to disappoint.

I read that in pic related's voice.

Nice try, Sup Forums poster

The Shadow has a massive network of agents all across the country and even the world. Something like this is what he would send one of his agents to deal with, its not a situation that requires the shadow's attention.

>Why is the Shadow fighting school shooters? Is nothing safe from the SJW anymore?! Leave those poor murderer of kids alone!

This is how stupid you sound.

It's small scale for him, that's for sure.

>I'm a Sup Forums poster for not getting incredibly asspained about a comic I don't read

Huh. I'm okay with that.

It's like having the CEO of a company coming down to micro-manage the mail room.

Only listened to the radio plays (and read that one Batman crossover by O'Neil in the 70s), what is The Shadow's usual m.o? Radio plays made him out to be a vigilante who always gets caught up in some weird mystery or crime a la The Spirit.

Maybe he's just in the area and feeling like taking on some extra responsibility?

Or maybe he just feels like the normal agents in the area are fucking it up, so he's going to handle it directly?

I dunno. Its weird either way.

Comics have always been a medium with liberal politics. Get used to it.

>Yeah. The Shadow goes after shit that actually matters.

We don't see him killling US presidents and other war criminals who ran a global underground ring of secret torture camps, user.

If you think this panel is the right one to use to illustrate your point you must have scored pretty low on your SAT's.

Lobo?

Nah I disagree, I think you're full of shit and you say that to yourself to make yourself feel better

What was the remedy to his ailments, user, don't leave a nigga hanging, post the next page

The Spirit > The Shadow

I would be a better comic if it were, though.

>people defending this
ahaha read the comic you idiots
it even has DRUMPF in it

Is that a comic about Shadow fighting school shooters?
Why not go against Islamic terrorists if we want to be "contemporary"?

death most likely

school shooters are a bigger threat to suburban kids and manchildren than kebabs killing each other in the levant.

>Is there anyone left who hasn't been ruined by modern feminism/social justice?
broly. no one can ruin broly. his power is maximum.

Wow, you shitlord! Those terrorists aren't doing anything wrong when they murder innocent people! They're just disadvantaged and trying to get them back for having privileged. How dare you suggest they're evil. .

Didn't you hear? Broly is now a little girl.

>Broly is now a little girl.
what the fuck? this ain't some stupid fan-fiction bullshit is it?

What about kebabs killing suburban kids and manchildren in Europe?

Na, dragonball super is weird.

They're not reading comics

Well that was an embarrassing end to that SJW's rant. I mean they're always easy mode, but that's gotta be some kind of record.

kek

Bri'ish read comics.

>the mob
>in 2017
forgive me as im british so i wouldn't know, but does america have much of a mafia problem these days?

Mafias run taxi companies nowadays

>>tells someone that they are butthurt because at the end of the day they are mediocre despite the head start they have in life.
>>manchildren freak out and claim SJWs

A million times this.

Several countries are unofficially run by former mobs. It's more profitable to cause problems; and hide them when you do.

>columbine
>but they're ALSO neonazis

Gay

The mob is more like organized structural corruption nowadays with money being embezzled from public works projects that last a decade longer than they should, it's the cartels and black gangs that have to use violence to sell drugs. Mob doesn't deal with that kind of shit anymore, at least not on a scale anyone is aware of.

Not to, not to cause problems. Sorry, what I'm saying is that controlling things in a way that at least seems legit is easier.

No, then it'd just be some edgy teenager's shitpost on how all the old people running the world are evil

Are we seriously going to have to deal with people bringing up this comic everytime there's a new Shadow thread ?
Jesus Christ, enough is enough, let it die. It's bad enough that people are being introduced to the character via this garbage,

Read the comic (or don't, preferably). The panels beforehand of the sassy Latina doctor soapboxing about white privilege make it even more obvious.

>i-it's not meant to be directed at the people who hate tumblr at all!

When will you kill yourself? When will you and the rest of the faggots going "there is totally no SJW bullshit in comics, I can interpret this another way!" kill yourselves?

There's really no /radio/ board but are the old programs still alive somewhere?

This, someone dumped it a month ago so it should be in the archives if anyone cares to look.

The shadow is ongoing so I'm sure there will be even gayer shit to make this look timid.

Found this. If it doesn't work, try using Google/literally any search engine for once in your life.

Oh wait it seems it works.

It's gonna get worse, user. Much much worse.

>Found this. If it doesn't work, try using Google/literally any search engine for once in your life.
Sometimes it's easier to ask, especially if you think there's someone around who might know anyways. Engines are fuck-clutter results these days.

That's pretty bad.

Ha.

We don't have to worry about it much longer, because SJW's have activated the societal decay that hits empires late in their cycle. What they bring about won't be some kind of "enlightened" communal utopia, but rather a reset to a more primitive, masculine era where it won't be safe for anyone to walk the streets due to total collapse. It's coming, & the difference this time is that the NWO is here, & planning to scoop up whoever's left for total control over citizens. Utopia? It will be sold as such, but in actuality will be a Dystopia in its final form. SJW are just a tool to be used, & discarded. Soon enough we will all be groveling for bread.

>when you live in an age of infinite knowledge and you're still too lazy to grasp it

No wonder great empires collapse.

oldradioprograms.us/Shadow.htm

I know this is bait but
>I'm sure you're a longtime huge fan of the Shadow and have been loyally buying his books, so I understand your frustration that Dynamite would sacrifice their massive sales from hardcore fans such as yourself to try and reach a broader audience with a style more relevant to modern times
And why the fuck would you go out of your way to piss off and alienate a character's entire fanbase, the fanbase that actually tries to keep his legacy alive by word of mouth and buying and reprinting his books, by pandering to people who will never give a shit about comics, let alone an old and "problematic" character like The Shadow ?
There is nothing salvageable about this comic and no one would even bother to care if it didn't shoehorn political commentary it would just be forgotten like The Shadow Now.

Your local radio stations don't broadcast the shadow?

>sifting through an infinite amount of knowledge, trolls, ads, and other bullshit
>better than asking people who already know about it
I didn't even bother to look for it. I just assumed there was a Shadow fan who knew the 'best' source; and not whatever website paid the most to be at the top of the list.

>what is The Shadow's usual m.o?
In most of the comics he's just Purple Man meets the Punisher.
In the pulps he's a spymaster who employs a network of agents and a myriad of disguises to combat crime. He figures out the details surrounding a crime and the perpetrators behind it, he sends his agents to infiltrate or investigate the people behind it (and rescues them if they are kidnapped, which happens a lot), and then he attacks the criminals by terrifying them out of their wits and either killing them if they deserve it or making them surrender, usually in some kind of grand karmic takedown. His approach can be likened to a surgeon removing a malignant tumor. Or an expert gardener plucking a weed (the weed of crime, as he puts it).

user it was literally the first result on google searching "shadow old radio". You could have at least given it a shot. I've been drinking for 5 hours, what's your excuse? Smoking weed for a day?

>no one would even bother to care

What if it's a fake-out to get people to read, then they make a comic that's actually good?

Based on Si Spurrier's comments and the upcoming plans for this series ? Not likely in the slightest

Dehydrated, sick for a fucking week? Or just think that if you're fishing on a dock it's better to ask a local what the best bait there is, than check ad-gle or shillhoo? Take your pick.

Reminder that nearly all the pulps are available online, for free, and that if you like The Shadow you should do yourself a favor and read them.

bookre.org/isearch?q=Maxwell Grant

>fuck you Batman I'm sick of you sparing the Joker and whining about my methods I'm going back to my solo Dynamite series
>actually nevermind, Dynamite is treating me like shit
>hey, wanna do another crossover ? I'll let you bring Robin this time

>Shadow lectures mass murderers on why they're cunts
'Fukin SJWs, making me feel bad for exercising my rights as a citizen'

Is this thread a pisstake?

Sort of. Except now it's more about the El Salvadorian gangs like MS13 than the Italians.

>getting this asshurt

Chill out, literally everything on here is fluid and meaningless

If the shooters were a stand-in for Elliot Rodgers the commentary would be spot on on his self-delusions of grandeur. But the context seem to refer more to Columbine, which makes it incongruous as the main motivations behind the shooting was bullying.

Weren't they also gay?

It would still be massively hypocritical for the Shadow to criticize the shooter for having self-delusions of grandeur, while he himself is a grown man crippling and shittalking a teenager while soapboxing about privilege and we are supposed to see this as a positive thing.

There is no karmic justice in murdering unstable 16 year olds. It's the same kind of twisted power fantasy he's accusing those kids as having.

The Shadow has always been an asshole.

For pity's sake, he goes around murdering people for being not even 1/10th as awful as he was when he was the Black Eagle.

There is a world of difference between the kind of character he is and the asshole the comic wants him to be.

>he goes around murdering people for being not even 1/10th as awful as he was when he was the Black Eagle
I'm guessing your frame of reference for the character is either the Garth Ennis or the Howard Chaykin series. Contrary to what those series would have you believe, or what Razorfist might tell you, The Shadow is not a soulless vengeful monster.

That's the point of his own fucking catchphrase. He knows, from experience as a veteran spy, what evil lurks in the hearts of men to actively root them out and set an example. He has a theatrical streak a mile wide and is more than willing to get his hands dirty but he is still on the side of good. That's why his agents follow him, that's why, even though he makes no claims to being a hero, he is still firmly on the side of good. Murdering criminals isn't the only way The Shadow saves people.

Did Razorfist get popular all of a sudden?

I don't remember anyone talking about him two years ago, but now he's popping up in threads all of the time.

More accurately, alternate dimension Broly is a little girl that goes full Broly. Hell, a different dimension went full on magical girl with it.

I brought him up because his videos on The Shadow led to a massive wave of new people discovering about the character (and also led (and of course a lot of them are teenage metalheads who think The Shadow needs to be some kind of edgy super murderer). We probably wouldn't be having this conversation right now if it wasn't for that.
He hit 100 million subs recently so he's not that obscure.

>Congrats on 10k subs.

he's getting a for-life servant.
he actually does nee them.

Wait, nevermind, it's just 100k subs he hit recently. I forgot

unless he's hiring that guy to be an agent.
He does that in person.

It's not

No context makes it look better or worse than the actual book

He's not wrong. I just think the term 'privilege' has become laden with unnecessary baggage.

Mass murderers aren't cunts because they're privileged, they're cunts because they're mass murderers.

I mean that's a half-step away from saying anyone you perceive as having privilege is a potential spree killer, which isn't far off from the typical SJW narrative.

>unnecessary baggage
That's a funny way of saying "factual inaccuracy and racist posturing."

This is exactly my point.

Then call it what it is instead of something vague like "baggage."

>his power is maximum
By gar, it's been a while.

Not him, but why type out all that shit when both of you know exactly what it entails?

>implying that the Shadow isn't totally correct about a subset of people in the western world that includes both Sup Forums and Sup Forums man babies as well as SJWs

Just like gender

>look up the incoming crossover
>written by Orlando
>it has Damian

Count me out