How does this image make you feel Sup Forums?

How does this image make you feel Sup Forums?

That's a really decent costume choice. Seems authentic to the source material.

Which ones the prince? Cause both those outfits look fancy

I agree, all of those look really good.

Like 2D > 3D

Neutral, I do kinda dislike that they replaced Kristoff with black guy for the sake of diversity, but benyod that it's alright, costumes are very good too

Blackwashing

My dude, it's theatre. If some fucker in blackface can play Othello for centuries, they can put a black dude in the role of Kristoff.

Say what you want but dude on the right is a total qt

Makes me hope they cut fixer upper.
Race bending doesn't count in theater.

>Anna getting blacked

Way better than lesbian incest

But Frozen was always 3D, user.

Then he should have the decency to paint his face white.

Looks ok except for the black guy. Somehow I doubt that there were many black dudes in Norway in that era.. let alone allowed in the Queens court.

It makes me feel like racebait threads should be deleted on sight.

I just want to see how they're going to handle Olaf and whatever the moose's name was.

I also heard that the Roxtrolls are cut from the musical entirely. Do you think they'd go as far as George Lucas and create a new cut of the movie called "Frozen: Broadway Edition" that features all the new songs and cuts out the trolls as well?

You can thank the Sup Forumsfag who bought his way on the mod team for this one.

the only one with accurate hair color is anna

>Not being a Pencil Test hipster

You know what they should do? An all female cast.

Proofs?

Excited. Can't wait to see how they do the transformation into Elsa's ice dress. Maybe like Cinderella?

Not really, Kristof is way too rich looking. See

The first thing I noticed was that guy's bulge

Fuck off

Kristoff is actually supposed to be Saami, who are themselves an underrepresented minority. Is there a shitstorm to be made from this?

Is Elsa a dude? What is this, the 1500's?

Are you saying he's supposed to be an Eskimo?

It's theatre! Not a brothel.

holy shit that's awesome

ayy, maybe they make him a slave for historical accuracy

No slaves in Europe since the fall of the Roman empire. Maybe he's an escapee from the U.S.? This is the 1840's.

What's Heimdall doing in Frozen?

>take the one Sami character of the movie
>make him African-American
so diverse

Guarding the door.

So is the prince the good guy in this one?

Didn't know there were bikes in Arendelle

Let's turn this thread around then. Who here still has their /frz/ folders?

it's only a play theater, why should i care, you think someone cares about the Spider-man one too?

Just post the greentext of the 3 of them sleeping on the same bed that ends in feels

I don't have my 700 file /frz/ folder.

Once again, spinning is proven to be a good trick.

stay dead /frz/

What is dead may never die.

There are plenty of better choices of animated films to get broadway show IE Hercules, Emperor's New Groove, or The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Moose is an actor on all fours on stilts. Olaf is... pretty much Olaf from the Disneyland show.

>cut from the musical

Sorta, but, not really. Instead of being trolls they are now "wildfolk" basically weird mystical forest people.

Absolutely disgusting, Elsa is far too old.

>A nigger
No thanks.

There are some live Frozen shows that have similar outfits for the transformation scene, so I'm sure it'll be another one of those.

>Moose is an actor on all fours on stilts. Olaf is... pretty much Olaf from the Disneyland show.
Got any pictures? I've never seen the Disneyland show's Olaf, so I have no frame of reference.

>[T]hey are now "wildfolk" basically weird mystical forest people.
Sounds fun. I read that their music number from the movie is gone from the stage show, so that's more important than the semantics.

It's a pretty meh transformation, sad to say. They did use a trick from Cinderella but not that one. They have her wearing the ice dress (which is now more white, and looks like a modern prom outfit?) underneath her coronation outfit. The coronation outfit gets pulled off in one go from underneath the stage.

Let it Go on stage is so disappointing. You could tell Disney wants it to be the showstopper number but it's literally "walk around, walk around, there's some projections but nothing else... walk around, walk around, just Elsa singing to herself." The Disneyland stage show had more pizazz, and the Disneyland stage show is not every exciting to that's saying something.

Overall the show is a hot mess in many ways (almost no interaction between the sisters, Anna being unfrozen isn't because of Elsa's love for her but the love from everyone--the forest people, Kristoff, Olaf, and Elsa; Kristoff constantly saves and manhandles Anna, who instead of being the silly but determined to save her sister girl from the movie is a clumsy idiot who literally keeps getting distracted by shiny and silly things and Kristoff is the one who has to be like UH, ANNA, HELLLOOO WE HAVE TO SAVE YOUR SISTER, just to name a few things) but it's Frozen and it will make Disney money. At least the Broadway version of Aladdin (aka the bastardized version of the superior Toronto tryout version) had a bunch of "oh god that's fucking magical!" moments.

There's already a bootleg video floating out there. I haven't found anyone who's uploaded it for free yet though.

indifferent because I give no shits about Frozen.

Why is a man playing Elsa? What are they teaching kids these days?!

>There's already a bootleg video floating out there. I haven't found anyone who's uploaded it for free yet though.
There's a whole community out there for bootleg tapes of Broadway shows, so I'm sure it'll show up sooner or later.

I also gotta look into that one museum in New York that supposedly holds a recording of every Broadway musical and play since the 1970s.

Honestly I'm more bothered by Kristoff's costume looking to nice than by a black actor playing him. He's supposed to be an orphaned peasant.

Fixer Upper is still there

Ech.

Also, thanks for the pictures. I like the moose. Olaf scares me, though.

True

Disney non-park stage show rankings (only counting the officially mounted Disney versions, not regional):

1. Beauty and the Beast
2. The Lion King
3. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
4. Aladdin
5. The Little Mermaid
6. Tarzan

I don't know where Frozen quite fits yet. We'll have to see what, if anything, they change on Broadway.

Hans' crotch looks straight out of Labyrinth.

Hans
>great costume
>needs better hairstyling
>decent casting, he looks a little too nice perhaps but he is supposed to be a good guy on the surface so it might be a feature instead of a bug

Elsa
>great fabric choice for the cape
>not sure about the dress fabric, it's a little too satiny for me, but it doesn't look cheap at least
>nice embroidery though
>what we can see of the hairstyling looks good
>she might be a little too old for some, but given that she's a queen and not a princess I think she suits the role

Anna
>excellent costume, 10/10 for me
>iffy on the hairstyling
>might just be an unflattering photo but her face does not suit the character in my opinion
>she also doesn't look enough like Elsa, and if I had to switch the casting of one of them it'd be Anna

Kristoff
>like someone said earlier, his costume is too nice. His furs in particular need to be more dirty and ragged
>you know exactly what I'm going to say about the casting choice, so I'll leave it at that

Anna and Kristoff better have the best godamn vocals on broadway to justify this casting.

They didn't. They decided to make the trolls sexier instead and just call them "The Hidden Folk". LIke the grandpa is some Tarzan looking motherfucker now

Is everyone here seriously too young to remember the insane amounts of internet bitching and moaning about Kristoff being a blond haired, blue eyed white guy instead of the brown noble native they demanded he be?

It was only 2013.

No, Sami are whiter than shit.

But back when the movie came out half of the internet assumed Sami were eskimos and that he was some insulting whiteface caricature.

I think it's nice that Jason Momoa took time off from being Aquaman to do this play.

>snownigger is now regular nigger
What difference does it makes?

>There's a whole community out there for bootleg tapes of Broadway shows, so I'm sure it'll show up sooner or later.

What I have to do to get mine of Hamilton?

Just start digging around and I'm sure one will come eventually. Try Google.

If you have a MySpleen account, they have Hamilton.

I've become so numb

superior elsa

stagedork. if it's gone, check back later, stuff gets deleted & reuploaded a lot.

the Frozen arc was the last time OUAT was enjoyable.

Perfect Elsa

Thanks, broseph. It was good to see Book of Mormon again.

I don't even care that he's black. But kristoff is supposed To be a tall, buff, iceman yet they cast this skinny guy.

It's such utter bullshit. These shitty racebait threads are allowed to roam free but I bet I'd be banned if I made a political bait thread shitting on the Right.

Fuck these shitty Sup Forums mods.

>Frozen will probably win some Tony Awards even though Anastasia didn't win any

well I'm not happy

Indifferent. Too poor to see a Broadway show

I hate to say it, but Frozen was a much better movie.

Then again, all of Don Bluth's 90s Disney-lite films were dogshit.

The Anastasia musical is better than the film. It fixes the problems that the film had with tone for sure. With the added benefit of the gorgeous music!

>6. Tarzan

Man, those fucking original songs. I really like the ones in Aladdin and the Beauty and the Beast ones are fine too, but those Tarzan ones fucking put me to sleep.

>you're ethnicity and culture is going extinct. in no small part due to Scandinavians banning our culture and sterilizing us until the 1980s.
>basically forgot about except for memes about reindeer molesting and being welfare queens
>get one character in a mainstream western pop culture product.
>they cast an african to play him in theater adaptation.
>there are more africans in your home nations than there are of my peoples.

feels bad man.

Well, Kristoff does canonically smell bad.

/frz/ shall rise again

I kind of liked Everything I Am

Forget that it's a black guy, the guy who voiced Kristoff in the film was (multiple tony award winning) Jonathan Groff. Why couldn't they just get him back and give him the songs he never got in the film?

Wait, why is Kristof the Ice Farmer the black one?

>black kristoff < hans not having red hair

He's doing a Netflix show right now I think. Also, Disney likes to add diversity to their stage show premieres so that they get pats on the back for having non white actors, but they always do so with supporting roles (Aladdin notwithstanding) so they don't risk racist parents being pissed that the leads aren't white. Aka, avoiding the current fiasco with the touring Ariel who is Japanese-American. When they started touring in the South, Facebook comments at the theaters hosting the production got people complaining that she was Asian with varying degrees of hostility.

But the trolls weren't the problem.
The problem is as a song fixer upper is completely out of place with the rest of the film.

>these days

Looks good but fuck Frozen