Serious gun thread

We are all agreed that the 2nd amendment is here to stay and no politician in her right mind would make a serious attempt at infringing it publicly.

So the real discussion is what regulations on private gun ownership make sense and which ones don't.

Background checks should be common sense, but at the same time who decides whether or not a person is fit to own a gun and if a person is on that list do they have a fair chance of contesting it?

Does the ban on automatics make sense when any proficient gun operator will tell you that automatic is just a waste of ammo ?

What about the public controversy over AR-15 platforms when there are many rifles with the same capabilities that do not get the same coverage because they don't look as intimidating.

what about open carry rights? Concealed carry?

How would gun ownership work in your ideal world? lets try and have a serious conversation.

posting my generic M&P 15 range baby

>searching through catalog
>praise kek threads
>false happening threads
>meme for the sake of meme threads

come on Sup Forums don't let me down

Pol isnt for serious discussion friend

>>/k/

i try posting this on Sup Forums i get furry and traps
i try posting this on /k/ i get directed to here

fuck i hate that this site has so many fucking normies now who think this site is for nothing but memes and trolling.

lmao do you really think your assault weapon with 30 bullet clips is going to be enough to overthrow the government those assault weapons were made to kill people and you don't need those unless you're in the army.

why do you even want to carry a gun lol just call the cops.

I guess hunters need a gun, but they can just use a double barrel and then store it in a safe after they're done hunting.

try harder, you are being too obvious

meh. lame.

i think the ban on automatic weapons is both stupid and understandable. you can do way more damage with semi auto than with full automatic fire. the exception is burst fire. burst fire is still somewhat accurate and easy to control so i can see why some might be afraid of that. i personally dont care though.

on the note for the banning of "scary weapons" its really rediculous. people dont seem to realize you arent likely to get shot with a rifle if you get shot at all here. you are more likely to get shot by a small handgun that is harder to notice on somebody.

one of the more ludicrus regulations is one coming to california. they are trying to pass a bill that requires you to go through a background check every time you buy ammo. thats just a waste of everybodys time. especially the FBI who have to do them

either troll better or leave

The vietnamese beat back a nuclear-armed country and the greatest military power of its time using little more than small arms fire and pungee pits.
Not to mention that at least half of the military is projected to desert in the event of a civil war. The government can't actually win against an armed citizenry with anything short of nuking itself, which would be so catastrophically stupid that they wouldn't do it.You'd be more likely to see the intelligence community/alphabet boys make it seem like the military also has turned against the state and install a junta or new government still operated by them. That way you still get COG.

SHALL

this just proves why the 2nd amendment is still relevant

though i'm not sure this took place in america, unless that is a privately owned mom and pop store it is highly unlikely that an employee would be allowed to keep a rifle under the counter like that.

Powder kegs? Those fuck shit up.

>serious gun thread
>posts that abomination

exactly my thoughts as well

having to run a background check for ammo purchase would overwhelm the system, if people are still willing to fill out the form everytime they want to restock.

It seems that the people who pass these laws are uneducated about how things work, and refuse to research them because then they would have to acknowledge that their stance goes against facts

>unless that is a privately owned mom and pop store it is highly unlikely that an employee would be allowed to keep a rifle under the counter like that.
There are some store managers that don't give a fuck from some smaller corporate stores. This is definitely in America.

There's not much to discuss.

>SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

That's all there is to it. All these cuck states like NY and CA are unconstitutional abominations.

FUCK gun grabbers

it's a good rifle, i took that picture right after i got it and since then took off the vertical handgrip and switched back to iron sights. I don't anticipate having to use it outside of a range.

one of my questions about that particualar law is how would they treat reloads? would they make it illegal? would they require you to register them? and also how would registering ammo even tell them how much we have unless we had to tell them how much we used? it just seems like pointless papework for the sake of annoying people

how do we convince them that their ridiculous restrictions make no sense, they refuse to listen to logical arguments or facts and instead pass laws because "muh feelings."
I live in virginia and i like the current laws but i can see how some one living in a less free state would be frustrated.