She's just a duck version of Mabel!!

>She's just a duck version of Mabel!!

Can we stop with this bullshit already? I can kinda understand jumping to this conclusion based on what little we were shown in promotional material, but there's no excuse for this now that we've seen the pilot. There's pretty much only two arguments that have been made as to why she's a Mabel clone, and they're both bullshit:

>She's voiced by Kristen Schaal!
She's not voiced by Kristen Schaal. I suppose Kate Micucci's child duck voice sounds vaguely similar, but eh.

>She even has the grappling hook!
Because the fucking grappling hook was SUCH a defining character trait for Mabel, right? How many times did she use it, like two or three?

And it's SUCH a defining character trait for Webby, right? How many times has she used it so far? Oh yeah... fucking ZERO.

Can we please, for the love of duckfuck, STOP making this retarded argument every damn time DuckTales gets discussed? Thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

fortune.com/2015/12/30/lego-friends-girls/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

+1

Dewey and Launchpad are more similar to Dipper and Soos than Webby is to Mabel

who are you talking too?

She's a duck version of Jade.

Was she an original or did they shove her in purely for progression?

Also, mable character or not, she's still annoyingly spunky. Just like Star and Mable ;). I'm serious though. Can Ducktales just get rid of her/make her a side character?

The people that call Webby duck Mabel would be my guess. OP was pretty clear on that.

They ruined Launchpad! What's next: ruining Darkwing Duck?!

>Was she an original or did they shove her in purely for progression?
She was an original character to the first DuckTales series. She is so radically different in the new one though, that she may as well be a new character altogether.

Webby was in the original series

Apparently Dewey and Webby will be the main kids with Louie and Huey as those guys. I think Sup Forums kinda like her because they expect pedo vibes between her and Donald

I might start doing that just to piss you off OP

Girly personality or adventurous personality, she is still the token girl who exists purely because the cast isn't allowed to be all boys. I find it strange that the people working in this think they had to retool her personality completely to make her more "acceptable" as a female character as if that somehow wouldn't make her less of the token girl.

They should have just gotten rid of her entirely since few people remembered her from the original anyway. She's just one more mouth to spout dialogue in what is already a bloated cast trying to share a 22-minute spotlight.

I'm not happy with the posibility of Dewey whining on every episode like Dipper used to

>I find it strange that the people working in this think they had to retool her personality completely to make her more "acceptable" as a female character as if that somehow wouldn't make her less of the token girl.

I think it was less that the new version of her character is a more "acceptable" representation of girls and more that literally everyone fucking hated the original Webby.

She was in the original show and I can sure you she was far worse in those.

>Girly personality or adventurous personality, she is still the token girl who exists purely because the cast isn't allowed to be all boys
Stay cucked, murrica

Stop mable-posting.

I prefer young female characters to get with their young male counterparts. I don't like the adult male/young female dynamic. Not because its creepy or any triggered tumblr bullshit like that, it just tends to be less cute and fun

99% of Saint Seiya revolves around Athena.

Cut Jason Ritter some slack, his acting resume has Swimfan and Freddy vs Jason.

>similar voice
>similar personality
I see the differences but you can't ignore similarities

Fuck you Dipper was the best

What are those similarities, exactly?

As an inspiration, courtly love at best. At first, Kurumada didn't plan to make Athena even a character, just a spirit that encourage the saints during theirt trials. There are very few female saints and they don't interfere with the bromance

Greenhair looks like he just as easily been the token girl without changing much of anything.

>more that literally everyone fucking hated the original Webby.

No one really gave a shit about Webby. No one cared about any of the kids, really. They were always the worst aspect in Ducktales. They could have kept the girly girl aspect of her but bumped it up to make it comical, Loud House did it. But they didn't, they revamped her entirely to the point where the only similarity she has with the original is the name "Webby". Now she's just like every other quirky girl character we have in a lot of shows. In their efforts to make her stand out, they ironically made her just as generic. She may as well be Star Butterfly without the magic.

Not just an inspiration. As the driving factor of the series. They have to rescue her in every arc. Even then Shun may as well be a girl. He's incredibly strong but always jobs so big brother Ikki can come and save him. He cries for Ikki all the time too.

He pretty much is a girl.

>bromance
Welp, good to know I can continue to never ever watch Saint Seiya. Bromance is cancerous bullshit that reeks of two guys being gay as hell for each other while deeply in denial. And I've got no patience for characters with a case of the not-gays.

And no, I don't care if you were just using that word as a general term for male friendship. Don't do that. Words mean things, dipshit.

This is extra retarded because LEGO saw they weren't hitting big sales numbers with girls and had many attempts in trying to remedy that and kept failing. LEGO Friend is one of the few successes they've had with the market.

fortune.com/2015/12/30/lego-friends-girls/

So fuck your mismatched pieces, girls want girly LEGOs. This is like when people get mad at STEM fields for not having enough women as if it's their fault.

Why so her role during adventures could still be use cuteness to make a friend and then that friend saves the day for her? Cause thats all she ever did really. I'm fine with her doing flip kicks instead, because the power of charming animals and guest stars by being cute and defenseless is boring.

>No one cared about any of the kids, really. They were always the worst aspect in Ducktales.
It was literally called "The Adventures of Huey Dewey and Louie" in some countries. Believe me, kids who watched DuckTales when it first aired, cared about the kids.

Do you think it's impossible for a character to have the power of cuteness but still be an ass-kicker?

Great, knock yourself out. Just know that I won't be friends with you.

>mismatched pieces
Then just buy those instead of getting triggered over sets for little girls, you baby.

>webby is a gravity falls character
this meme needs to erased

This guy gets it.

Nope, but helplessness was part of the original Webby package, and the biggest things changed about her are she can fight and she's socially inept. The show is still young, she may yet have a lot of cute moments. As you so aptly put: One can kick ass and still be cute.

I think her being dense is a plus in that regard to be honest

I think I liked Huey Dewey and Louie, but I recall liking Launchpad the most (and hating Doofus). I was neutral toward Webby I think. Bout 11 at the time, maybe a little younger.

>This is like when people get mad at STEM fields for not having enough women as if it's their fault.
If STEM fields had good people working in them, it'd be 50-50 male-female, just like if LEGO had good people working for them, they'd have gender-neutral toys. Passing judgement is easy when your remove the benefit of the doubt.

The pilot seems to be the Dewey focus episode. The next looks like it'll be Webby's and Louie's will be after. I'm guessing we won't have to deal with as much Dewey focus until later.

they have good people working in them
thats whey they are mostly male

Your passion for a kids cartoon is evident, user. God speed to ya.

Dewey and Webby will be doing the side plot during Louie's episode. I'm guessing the episode before that will have Huey do something characteristic of him as well. Most insight we've gotten into Huey so far was trying to give everyone matching shirts.

Come on really? Where do you think you are?

Yeah, well I'll find other friends >:^(

I dont care but Can we have webby rule 34 ?

we're getting there

I'm guessing we get a Huey episode after the Louie one, too. Hope we get some focus, in a b-plot before that, though.

She litterally is a damsel in distress during the sanctuary arc

>too

>In their efforts to make her stand out, they ironically made her just as generic. She may as well be Star Butterfly without the magic.

Yeah, well, I like Star Butterfly so it's fine by me.

She is easily Velma Dinkley.

this