Ultimate Avengers Pt. 2

Prior awesome thread is here

Continuing where ProfessorBro left off

I really wish Leinil Yu could've done this whole run. What a fucking baller.

Controversial opinion: Ultimate Avengers 2 is one of the best Marvel comics of the modern age.

Would have been cool, but his work on Ultimate Hulk vs Wolverine is his best work

Best? No, most fun? Absolutely. It's like the second Ghost Rider film, just a massive shit show that leaves you with a stupid grin every page

>most fun? Absolutely
See, I think that's enough to make it one of the best. I don't think best necessarily means highest quality. It's got plenty of issues but it's a fucking ride, and for a comic, that may be more important that being expertly crafted or telling a thought provoking story.

There's a lot of amazing comics that I love, but there aren't many comics I enjoy rereading more than UA2. It's like how sometimes a schlocky over-the-top CGIfest ends up being great movies sometimes because being entertaining is arguable the most important thing a cape comic should be.

I guess I just use the terms "best" and "great" as a measure of quality over measure of fun

I think it's a case where you could take away all the text and nothing of value would be lost. Leinil Yu carries this arc on his back.

every time i see this i think hey this is not bad they're getting back on track then shitty vampires happened

>he doesn't like sissy vampires

Maybe if it wasn't Steve Dillon, may he rest in peace. He was outstanding on Preacher and Punisher, but jfc was he bad on UA3.

or introducing a new daredevil and killing him or killing commie thor

>Preacher
One day I'll read this, I promise.

Apparently he wanted to kill all of his characters off because he didn't want anyone to use them.

It's Yu at some of his best. Art is just as important as story for a comic.

I'll be right back, letting my doggo out and getting another beer.

BLACK OPS

10/10 page right here.

Next we have the modern classic known as Gay Vampires 3

>616 Punisher is an agent of god
>Ultimate Punisher is an agent of satan

And here we go. I love Dillon, but he was the wrong choice here.

Oh man, a new Daredevil! How exciting!

BLACK OPS

THIS PAGE IS SO GOOD

That's spread justifies the entire comic.

It was an insane arc

I love that Ultimate Professor Hulk is adapted as Nerd Hulk.