Did my Sup Forums bros enjoy their weekly dose of God isn't real?

Did my Sup Forums bros enjoy their weekly dose of God isn't real?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qnq7N6X4x84
theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/03/russian-atheist-faces-year-in-jail-for-denying-existence-of-god-during-webchat
amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2017/05/russian-youtuber-convicted-of-blasphemy-after-playing-pokemon-go-in-a-church/
youtube.com/watch?v=UGiSO64rRck
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah, it was allright

OP is literally Barneyfag

This is your mindset, OP

I came all over my The God Delusion book which made me sleepy so I cuddled with my Richard Dawkins dakimakura and took a nap.

I did. I love how butthurt Christfags get.

yeah pretty good, the obnoxiousness felt pretty tongue in cheek

Weekly?

Yeah it was actually pretty cool, I dig their toxic versions

>can't really argue that R&M doesn't approach the subject of religion with all the faux-sophistication of a 15-year old Reddit memelord
>DURRRR CHRISTFAGS ARE SO BUTTHURT BY LE TRUTH OF MUH ATHEISM

get

>>DURRRR CHRISTFAGS ARE SO BUTTHURT BY LE TRUTH OF MUH ATHEISM
you are proving his point you know

And he's living up to the stereotype.

~dabs~

Christians sure are a grouchy bunch.

Nah, just some of us are. Mainly because we're the only religion that all the major networks feel they have carte blanche to mock and ridicule in the most insidious ways without reprisal. It's almost as if certain creative atheists like Seth McFarlane and Justine Roiland were butthurt about something they don't believe in.

That picture is out of context by the way

>Mainly because we're the only religion that all the major networks feel they have carte blanche to mock and ridicule in the most insidious ways without reprisal
That's what happens when your the dominant group. You're also the easiest target.

No, it's actually perfectly in context. There really was an episode where Meg converted to Christianity after seeing Kirk Cameron on TV and attended a book burning well fellow Christians burned science books. This happened.

For jokes? Sure. Everything's fair game when it comes to humor.

For actual, clearly identifiable hate? Whatever grief the left is experiencing due to conservative Christian America electing Trump as president, believe me, they struck first with shit like that Family Guy episode. FOX might not care that they lost viewers with that episode, but they did. It used to be that networks wanted sitcoms to reach as broad an audience--or at least as large a segment of a particular demographic--as possible. With "Not All Dogs Go to Heaven", FOX basically stood by Family Guy's writers and said that they don't care if their Christian viewers are offended by being portrayed as violent, book-burning science deniers.

>inb4 'I can't believe you're still butthurt about a family guy episode that aired almost a decade ago'

did you even watch the episode? The only characters who denied God existed were the ones who had been toxified. This episode was literally saying that atheism is toxic.

Also, spending your time being pissy and self-righteous on an anime imageboard is not very Christian behavior

>GOD ISNT REAL
*the reditor laughs*
>JESUS DOES A THING WITH HIS AK47
*lmaoing my ass of*
>terminator goes back in time to try to save jesus (which was actually pretty funny)
*erupting with laughter*
>someone makes a jewish/muslim/indian/buddah joke
>"WOAH!!! THATS TOTALLY NOT COOL BRO! THATS THIER RELIGION AND YOU HAVE TO RESPECT IT!!!"
someone breadpill me on why its okay to mindlessly shit on christianity whilst other religions get a pass?

youtube.com/watch?v=Qnq7N6X4x84

I don't think Rick and Morty has ever had any Christian-specific jokes, they've just shit on religion in general. Also it's usually coming from Rick who the show portrays as a morally bankrupt anti-hero at best, so it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Shows like South Park and even Family Guy shit on many religions in equal measure. So what the fuck are you on about? Just another faux-victim complex, the toxic quality that alt-right retards and SJW retards share in common

No, I didn't watch the episode. I clicked the thread out of curiosity, knowing full well the kind of bait I'd run into and still I bit hard.
>self-righteous
I just think it's interesting that you use that word when nearly everyone on the site uses the same kind of rhetoric to make fun of each other, up to and including "muh" speech and Reddit references.

But you're right, it's not very Christian behavior. At the risk of really sounding self-righteous, there was a time when I was above this. I need to get back there.

Fair enough, I was being confrontational too, this site brings that out of people no matter what.

God bless user

>he watches rick and morty
>GOD ISNT REAL MORTY
>in christian america
HHHhhhmmmmmm.... totally not aimed at christianity!!!
>shit on equally
>jewish and muslim episodes where banned for a while
>they censored muhammad
>the jews complained alot
>it was only one episode for muslims and jews whilst christianity has multiple episodes and is the punchline to many jokes

You answered your own question, these shows are made in christian America so of course Christianity is going to bear the brunt of the jokes.

Yes, some SJWs are cool with making fun of Christianity and not other religions, but that doesn't mean the creators of edgelord television shows think that way, I guarantee you they see themselves as equal-opportunity religion haters. Stop equating rabid SJW Tumblrinas with the media in general, it makes you sound paranoid and overly sensitive

> Whatever grief the left is experiencing due to conservative Christian America electing Trump as president, believe me, they struck first with shit like that Family Guy episode
What the hell are you even on about?

>another episode not written by women
>it's good

wow who would have thought

>SJWs
stopped reading right there, never mentioned them, where are you pulling them from?
>you sound paranoid and overly sensitve
stop projecting anytime

What fetish is this?

>he never watched from dusk till dawn
its for vampires you silly

Isn't that from Wild Wild West?

All I know is Tarantino deepthroats Salma Hayek's foot and that was enough for me to never watch it.

fetish for abuse and forceful submission, I know because I have it

>the scene lasts for like a few minutes
just skip past it, other than that its pretty good

Ballbusting

it was just Rude Removal all over again .
i still love the trope tho

Take a drink everytime they mention that, it was real overbearing this ep jfc

>This episode was literally saying that atheism is toxic.
No it didn't. It said that religious people consider their faith good, and their doubts toxic.
And that they tend to view their inhibitions as something good, and their lust something bad.
Which makes sense to me.

this. the way the episode was resolved was pretty clever.

OK as a Christian I will admit that I am prejudice against Left Wing Marxist/Democratic Atheist's, you guys are fucking commies who deserve hell. However I have no problem with Right Wing Capitalist/Libertarian Atheists your alright in my book and I will pray for your forgiveness.

Yeah. It was easily the best episode of the season. Might even be top 10 worthy or at least 15.

you're joking right?
What did you like about it?
Worst of the season if you ask me.

Not him but it was a pretty fun ride. The concept was fun, especially the twist that the toxins are subjective based on personal beliefs, which reveals some interesting things about the characters.

My only real complaint is that it would have been cooler if it showed us the toxin'd versions of characters we knew instead of the other gags it did

basically this. granted i'd put this episode on the lower end of the top 15. what made you think this was the worst of the season.

you'd have to be a mongoloid to think this was worse than episodes 2-4.

I swear Christians are as worse as Muslims when it comes to jokes. The only exception that they don't have any real power to go after creators like they did before. But that might change if we cut them some slack. I mean look at the blasphemy laws in Russia and other areas in EU where people are arrested for insulting Christianity. In the US they tried and tried again to pass similar laws. Seriously, fuck them. I wish writers to turn it up to eleven.

I don't think OP actually believes what he says. I find it hard to believe Christians that take their religion even a little bit seriously would browse Sup Forums.

atheists take christianity more seriously than most christians

>I swear Christians are as worse as Muslims when it comes to jokes.
Come back to me when Christians slaughter the Rick and Morty writers with that hot opinion.

it's called hyperbole ya dip

Try offending Islam in the media, lets see where that gets you.

It's called dishonesty. It's called lies. Saying 2 is a positive number so it's just as much of a factor as 10.

Well, christians Have done religious wars in the past, so technically you guys don't get the moral high ground to judge anything that islam is doing
both religions are equally terrible because both have been used as a reason to justify murder

theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/03/russian-atheist-faces-year-in-jail-for-denying-existence-of-god-during-webchat
amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2017/05/russian-youtuber-convicted-of-blasphemy-after-playing-pokemon-go-in-a-church/

Christians have as much potential to be cunts as Muslims. Like I said the difference is that they don't have power in the West but if it's allowed for them to get back to the top, we all will be under their boots.

Shows like Rick and Morty are doing a service by preventing that by poking at how silly and hypocritical that religion is.

Christians living in African shitholes would.

>Well, christians Have done religious wars in the past
The key word being in the "past"

Milo seems fine.

Charlie Hebdo seem not.

Jailed for a year, huh?
Wonder what the punishment for Blasphemy is in Saudi Arabia.

The lesser of two evils does not equate to good. But arguing that a lesser evil is as bad as a greater evil because "hey, they're both evil" is just as stupid as the former opinion.

If you point at Saudi Arabia I can easily point at the African Christian shitholes.

>Shows like Rick and Morty are doing a service by preventing that by poking at how silly and hypocritical that religion is.
it's true guys.. we gotta fight against the biggest threat our society is facing today.. christians

Well I'm racist as fuck so you can point at them and I'll probably agree with you based on my earlier point of bad countries being the sum of bad parts.

Everything happens in the past, I could murder a person right now and in 5 minutes that could be considered past, am I not accountable for murder anymore then? What a bullshit argument, user.

You say it as a joke but it's true. Muslims don't have as a powerful power base as Christians in the US. That makes Christians a real and continuously threat to democracy and an obstacle to social progress. Stem cell research anyone? You fucks.

>everything happens in the past

If it happened several centuries ago and it was not you, but completely different people, who just happened to hold similar beliefs on a subject, then you are probably not.

Why isn't anyone complaining about his stupid ifunny.co watermark?

no listen man i'm as glad as anyone that rick and morty has apparently prevented christianity from rising to the top of society with this dime a dozen ''god isn't real uwu'' episode

Because the people who did that are all literally dead.

That's progressivism nowadays. As an unofficial religion it's free to get around any regulations that apply to official ones, giving it a monopoly, and hey, Christians might jail me if I don't call Jesus Lord and Saviour, but they will jail me if I don't call a man ma'am (in California anyhow).

Because it's a bait image. You weren't supposed to respond

Yeah well I'm pretty sure that regular muslim dude from today hasn't beheaded anyone either, yet people still preach that islam is a religion of hate, when fundamentally that and christianity are the same, they teach the same core values and have the same problems. Yet I see christians shit on muslims all the time. I'm not either, by the way.

>rick and morty

Not just hat show
It's a collective effort to keep defanging the monstrosity we are forced to live besides.

Pretty much everyone shits on muslims nowadays, I am not saying that its fair, but I can't agree that its exclusively a Christian thing.

You are given two choices, either live with the imperfections and genetic diseases that your god has graciously bestowed on you and all your spawn or you can live in a world free of genetic diseases and where people can live almost indefinitely. The only catch is that you have to call a man ma'am from time to time.

What will it be?

>The only catch is that you have to call a man ma'am from time to time.
Do you actually believe this, user? Seriously?

Every day is "God isn't real" day ever since Megas XLR got cancelled.

i really love living in a world free of genetic diseases where people can live almost indefinitely.

I don't even know what you're trying to say, too convoluted

It seems to be your major concern despite the fact that trans are like less than 1% of the population, IIRC.

And that doesn't answer the question.

First of all, I'm a different user and have never said anything about trans people. However, I can't really see the point of your question, you seem to be implying that all Christians are against science and want to live strictly by the Bible. Thats not even remotely true, very few Christians are fundamentalists, so I see no reason for Christians hindering scientific progress in the future, well, maybe with an exception for certain spheres, but thats more of a question of morality than religion per se.

I'm an atheist. I don't want either Christians or Progressives enforcing their crazy shit on me, but if I had to choose, it would be for the stupid Godbotherers.

And I don't think you realise just how much damage progressives do to the scientific method currently. It takes a lot of dishonesty to keep objective science subjectively sound. Galileo's Middle Finger is a good book which shows that neither side is the party of science.

And really, I consider Christianity the lesser of the two evils here. One is an attempt by people without the means to know anything to explain the unknown, the other is an attempt by people with the means to explain everything to unexplain what is already known. From the outset, I'll go with base stupidity over gross malignity.

Yes I did.
youtube.com/watch?v=UGiSO64rRck

Don't worry, user, I'm sure the supreme all-powerful creator can put up with a little sarcasm. No need to behead anyone. Relax and have another burger.

>Rick has the parts of him that he considers most toxic expelled from his being.
>This toxic side continually rambles about how God isn't real and how Rick may as well be God.
>Therefore, Rick considers this to be toxic behavior.
>Rick, a character that's shown to be one of it not the most intelligent beings in his multiverse, considers having a hostile God complex and rampant atheism to be toxic behavior
>When the planet gets toxified, it cuts to a minister that suddenly doesn't believe in God.
>Therefore, the minister also believes this to be toxic behavior.
>People missing the point this hard.

This

Except they did hinder scientific research. Stem Cells are the most famous example of it. They pressured the presidency to cut the funding and come short to banning it. The Christian lobby is that powerful

As do all other options.

At least Christians work science into their shit eventually when the evidence gets too large to deny, with gay shit like Intelligent design. But what its acting as a bulwark against has been denying science from it's inception. And the alternative doesn't have the immense amounts of regulations Christianity has to stop it doing just that.

How about when they insisted that the sun rotates around the earth?

Remember: the fact that Toxic Rick is the one that constantly talks about how God isn't real is evidence that Rick sees his militant anti-theism as a bad thing. In fact, because he's been shown to pray when in danger before, and we've seen religious figures like Satan in the show before, he's most likely a closeted theist in disguise. He probably only acts like an atheist in order to feel smart and superior; ironically, this is also what most of the fandom does.

OP is clearly baiting, as if he actually paid attention to the episode, he'd realize that "DUDE, GOD ISN'T REAL LMAO" was clearly not the intention.

r/atheism BTFO!

Because they lived in France where a lot of shitty issues are, including non-regulated inmigration?

>you can live in a world free of genetic diseases
>you have to call a man ma'am

Are you legitimately retarded?

Thanks for your support, I guess.

He's religious. That's his promised land.

Not that user, but:
>Actual Rick and Morty adventure
>Written by season 1 + 2 writer
>No shitty movie references
>No divorce subplot featuring Beth and Jerry, the least interesting characters on television

I really liked Healthy Morty. I loved Stacy and I really liked the redhead he was bunking with at the end. Shame we're not going to see more of those girls.

That show sucked ass, get over it.

Honestly,i dont care when comedies make fun of my religion.My problem was that they told the same joke over and over again on the R&M episode. At least family guy makes different jokes that arent just "HUR DUR GOD IS A LIE"

You'll embrace the cold darkness of death with the rest of us and you won't feel happy or sad about it because you can't have feelings without a living body.