Is this show true kino?

Is this show true kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Sn7QvnhJgeA
youtube.com/watch?v=x0iwfFoTwoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Sn7QvnhJgeA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Watched it for the first time the other day and was really pleasantly surprised at how funny and clever it was. I like Adult Swim stuff, but I don't always associate it with good wordplay and even social commentary like this had.

Good shit. Sorry I slept on it so long

>I like Adult Swim stuff, but I don't always associate it with good wordplay
Isn't that the main appeal of ATHF?

I pretty much had the exact same experience as you. Discovered it 2 days ago and I've been hooked ever since.

It's so stupid and so genius at the same time, and it's literally the anti-normie show.

probably the only post-ironic cartoon out there
a truly boundary-pushing show

Sorta, but Xavier is more clever.

It's the poor mans version of Rick & Morty

is it good?

then no, it's not 'kino'.

yes it is pure kino

honestly it was kind of shit, Sup Forums just likes to wank on it.

for some reason this is the one LOL RANDUM show that Sup Forums approves of for some reason.

No. It was one of the harbingers of LOLRANDOM.
Its stupid fucking dog shit.

>XRA
>random

This is how you spot someone who doesn't get it

Suck a cock, fedora fuck

>and it's literally the anti-normie show.

No, Wondershowzen is the anti-normie show. Xavier is baby shit comparatively.

there's a difference between masterful post-ironic surrealist humor and LOLRANDOM I"M A PICKLE RICK XDDD
if you can't see it, this show isn't for you

>rape is not an excuse, it's a reason
What did he mean by this?

I miss when XRA threads weren't filled with Sup Forumstard garbage.

case in point.

"LOL if you don't like it you're just to dumb to get it."

i'd almost say it's a giant joke, but Sup Forums isn't that clever.

>redit spacing
get out.

Xavier made me laugh a lot fucking more than S3 R&M.

Does

this

anoy

you?

>kino
As much as I love this show, you have your own containment board, and you should stay there for the good of the site.

>great show caught up in shitposters campaign to bad mouth a shot that got popular

Yes

you can dislike a show while getting it, but if you think the humor is supposed to be reddit-tier LOLRANDOM then that proves you just simply don't get it

Too

Bad

Shit

Lips

unadulterated true kino my friend

ATHF was more about "look at this weed humor and offensive imagery we can put on TV"

I know, right? I mean, Sup Forums shitposting made me discover it (I'm not american so I couldn't care less about what AS even is) so I watched it all on youtube and loved it. Even so, it's shitposting and I fucking hate it.

>a lot of people get half way to the lake and they realize they forgot to start their car
what did he mean by this?

he said it was a lake joke

wow. everyone here is way behind if they are just now watching this show. you guys need to keep up.

Lake humor

But what if I told you that we are all relay the "joke" rather than the "joker" my joke juggeling friend?

better late than never
I really don't care what's hyped up right now and what's considered passe by a moving pictures board on a chinese moving pictures site, I just want to watch something good

>Kid me hated this show and thought it was the most mindless and disgusting shit on earth.
>Adult me, now washed up and bitter, thinks the show is a magical, surreal, and outright psychotic crafted journey and couldn't stop watching until the end.

xavier was the original social justice warrior

POST YOUR FAVOURITE EPISODE!

MINE IS THE ONE WITH THE BABIES

Brangea's Final Cranny

>MINE IS THE ONE WITH THE BABIES
How did the show get away with that?

I kind of discarded your opinion when you used the term reddit-tier to describe something.

that ep legitimately made me feel uncomfortable, poor babies

>DANCE GOD DANCE, WE MADE YOU UP AND WE CAN TAKE YOU DOWN
how can such a simple line be better than all of the things Rick has said about god

The strength of Xavier is just clever wordplay

please stop forcing this meme

Same. I was waiting for Xavier to birth back the babies but it didn't happen...

We don't cotton to joking freaks around here.

And surreal imagery.

Mine is the one with christian scientist I feel like most people don't understand the Volterian sub text of the episode.

>I'd like to see this guy pray an abortion

(1/2)

I like this show, and I have rewatched 2 seasons of it being entertained every time I've done it. Some people try to say that this show gains it praise because of randomness, vulgarity and shock humor, but I will give them benefit of the doubt and try to explain why I think this show is good and worth watching.

Xavier, seeking to find out the killer of his father and later finding his mother - resembles Telemachus, who is calling out to his dead father for return. It's not a full copy of the original Odyssey plot, but it's enough to make this show work as an Odyssey of Xavier and let writers discover any themes they want. This device makes show very diverse in choice of theme subject without us being too concerned about what authors choose. Instead, we along with the show's writers become engaged in the exploration of this abstract, surreal, but also very real world filled with guts of people's feelings and emotions - subconsciousness

Of course this is only a device to propel forward this show's real fun part - a post-modernistic play with subject matter and language along with the viewer, resulting in surprising instances of clever and curios humor. This helps us look at the visual style of the show as not being a limitation, but a way to trick us, to test our prejudice against this ugly world of Xavier and see spirituality through it, which is ironic of course. But know what is not ironic about this show? Post-modernistic sense of exploration and play that makes this show stressfuly interesting to us. I think that in doing so to entertain us, this show has succeeded.

(2/2)

But I think that the really great part about this show is in letting us see it's engaging cleverness in storytelling underneath it's first repulsive appearance as Tripping the Rift reject, without relying on easy way outs like shock humor or randomness. It keeps you entertained because it keeps exploring itself, and for all of this show's experimental nature I think it has done a pretty damn well job in being an interesting show.

Appreciate this show, maybe just a little. I think it deserves this.

I dig the episode with the doors

>I'm a feminist; I'll make sexism my bitch
youtu.be/Sn7QvnhJgeA

How did you feel when it was revealed Xavier was just some regular guy going through psychotic episodes?

PICKLE RICK

Which is better, World Peace or Wonder Showzen

Mine is the one where he has to hunt down the TVs.

S2 E6 is so fucking good

>shoves gay dude up popes ass and kills pope so the gay dude can sneak into heaven
>gay dude was actually black dude
>"let me get some white women for the first black man in heaven!"

youtube.com/watch?v=x0iwfFoTwoQ

He actually managed to make not one but 2 friends. And of course he fucked it up because he's an egoist cunt. The wind jokes were pretty funny too.

This scene too

youtube.com/watch?v=Sn7QvnhJgeA

THE LAKE