Can we drop the religion memes for a moment and just appreciate how cliche and unoriginal the whole premise of the...

can we drop the religion memes for a moment and just appreciate how cliche and unoriginal the whole premise of the episode was?

>a machine splits the main character into a good and evil version, the evil version goes on a rampage and the only solution is to merge him back with the HILARIOUSLY nice good one

Goddamn how many fucking times has this been done?

t. i just discovered the concept of tropes.

What's the problem of doing that?

He's just butthurt over the "There is no God we made him up for money" thing

So do Rick and Morty fans just not care about creativity? Or are they too young to have seen this a thousand times before and gotten bored of it?

There's nothing new under the sun.

So, i'm guessing you wanted them to completely subvert it? I'll admit, I thought they were gonna keep confident Morty around.

But yea, it's kinda hard to invent a new trope out of thin air, and especially under a small deadline.

>a cartoon has cartoon tropes
I hope you don't watch anime

What about those kids on the block?

Tropes in cartoons? Fucking hell.

Are you new? Every other episode of this show is either a parody of something or using a common cartoon trope.

thing is,rick and morty allways shined because of their creativity.Until now.

>So, i'm guessing you wanted them to completely subvert it?
But that's the thing, they did subvert it.

The machine didn't suck out objectively negative traits, or traits deemed negative by society, it drained the traits the individual considered negative.

The "good" morty was an amoral sociopath

Nope.
>episode where rick fucks an entire planet
>episode where the family remembers people who they never met
>episode where they help a FLYING SINGING FART
>episode where they watch alternate dimensions of TV shows
They used to be original

this. everything is a derivative from something else, that's just how human concepts and influence work. there is nothing in the history of man-mades that don't have something to trace back to
the only thing that matters is if it's done well

It's almost like this whole thread isn't a trope itself.

"Whiny, internet-assclown complains about a show and treats their opinion as a fact that should be held by any and all who read it."

Did they? The third episode was a huge "go inside someone's body" cliché. Then there's the Purge episode, the "let's have flashbacks" episode, the cursed items a la Friday the 13th episode...

Its a fucking cartoon.

Did you know that "What's Opera Doc?" isn't original? It rips a ton of shit off.
Are you a child?

Fuck off, tripfag

>So do Rick and Morty fans just not care about creativity?

Nothing is original. Every story you have ever read, every movie or TV show you have ever watched, every song you have ever heard - they all borrowed from whatever came before them. Get over it.

If there was a man who lived inside a box his whole life with no knowledge of the outside world or anything within it, and he was tasked to write a story, even that wouldn't have no cliches or tropes. Stop acting like cliches are bad.

>a machine splits the main character into a good and evil version

Were you paying attention to the episode? Neither the toxic or detox versions were explicitly good or evil, the toxic versions were just an amalgamation of all the traits Rick and Morty hated about themselves, some of which weren't necessarily bad.

Detox Rick didn't give a shit about his Morty while Toxic Rick did. Meanwhile, Detox Morty was a fucking sociopath.

Good way to tell you're a newfag.

Fuck off, faggot.
When was the last you even saw someone use the term tripfag.

Pretty sure it was

Fuck that let's talk about how hot that whole fight sequence was

Snap.

>telling tripfags to fuck off means you're a newfag

?

God isn't REAL, Morty!

They've got the right stuff.

I think the bigger indication he's a newfag is that the stock response to that specific tripfag is "shut up Boco". Faggot's been here for years and refuses to take the damn trip off.

What are you talking about?
The episode was fantastic!

This

>call him by his tripname
>validating anyone's faggotry. ever.

>Saturday an user posted that what would happen would be clones would be made at the vacation that were evil twins that would try and destroy the world and the only way to fix everything would be to merge together again.
That one user was damn close to being right, that's not showing much hope in the series when it's reaching Family Guy humor that you can guess a mile ahead what's going to happen.

autism

So what parody/trope is having a dating relationship with a hivemind? Or parasites that feed you just good memories and reproduce that way? Or dimensional Cable? Or a fucking mirco verse that you con into running your car battery?

Who'd have thought we'd pine for the movie parodies of the first season? Relying on those is usually a sign of a show's staleness but in this show they were great.

Rick and Morty is literally founded off doing old sci-fi tropes in twisted ways

like that is its central premise, that is what it has always been about, did you just figure this out

The hivemind one is a subversion of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. The parasites episode parodies clip shows, but the twist is that the clips never really happened.

The other two are original, though. I said every OTHER episode.

The Vindicators episode was especially predictable

It feels like they're trying too hard to appeal to a wider audience instead of the show just being itself

This season is starting to shape up as Family Guy season 8 did.
>over the top gore
>strange mouthpiece moments
>The cast isn't really doing anything so much as reacting off of each others drama
>no one has a consistent personality and changes based on what the plot needs to go forward
>the plots seem to buzz focused in how well you can market/meme everything

most of those are Star Trek episodes, and the interdimensional cable is just an improv version of Futurama's what-if machine.

>Detox Morty was a sociopath
I don't get it. Just because Rick called him American psycho doesn't mean he was crazy. There was nothing wrong with him except he just liked talking a lot.

And everyone keeps saying that non-toxic Rick doesn't give a shit about Morty. HE CARES ON A NORMAL LEVEL. What he got rid of was his IRRATIONAL love.

People in this board ain't exactly smart nowadays right

Oh, and another one was a dark twist on the cliché "love potion" plot.

this episode was hard to watch. it was terrible. Fucking womans ruin everything with their shitty woman humor

the internet is dumb

The last one especially, I mean the end of every episode they are advertising that R&M game and tell you can earn/find characters that related to that weeks episode. It's pretty fucking soul crushing to see what this show became.

Bad examples. Each of those represented a narrative trope.

>episode where rick fucks an entire planet
The reconnect with ex trope.
>episode where the family remembers people who they never met
The "quarantine" trope
> episode where they help a FLYING SINGING FART
The "doing good things turns out bad" trope
> episode where they watch alternate dimensions of TV shows
Ok this one is pretty original.

When you develop a specific slogan around a specific tripfag, it eventually becomes a term of endearment. They don't deserve that. They deserve to be completely ignored.

SEA CUCUMBER!!! XD

>people make a pile of solid points and issues with the season
>gets shitposted as soon as it happens

fucksakes Dan and Justin go do something else with your time.

They don't explore sci-fi concepts anymore.

>> episode where they watch alternate dimensions of TV shows
>Ok this one is pretty original.

It's really not, improv is a pretty old concept. Being willing to do so with animation is certainly brave, but not exactly original.

>What he got rid of was his IRRATIONAL love.
To Rick ALL love and any form of attachment is irrational.

>I don't get it. Just because Rick called him American psycho doesn't mean he was crazy. There was nothing wrong with him except he just liked talking a lot.
He was a sociopath, the stock broker joke kind of drove that home. Morty considers his conscience a negative trait because every time he tried to do something he thought was good, it always ended up catastrophic. So he purged it.

YOU MUST GO BACK!

detox morty cared more for talking than having an actual conversation. he purposefully left his phone on for jessica to overhear just to hurt her. he abandoned the 'right thing to do' because he didn't feel like it and showed no qualms over the consequences.

detox rick really did care about doing 'the right thing' and was more polite and considerate as a person but personally did not care for morty-in the same sense that I could pull out a chair for a stranger but if I hear they died the next week than oh well. he was willing to let him die.

99% of everything (and everyone) is shit and dumb. What do you think happens when something gets popular and well-trafficked?

>Or are they too young to have seen this a thousand times before and gotten bored of it?

This is the actual answer to anybody that thinks the drama bits are done well desu

God is a lie XD

Stock brockers are bad people!!! XDXdd ahahahaha

this show is so fukin funny omg i cant wait to tell everyone in school about this tomorrow!!!

Thats just being a normal functional human being

which is why everyone in the world must be raped and tortured to death

>Neither the toxic or detox versions were explicitly good or evil, the toxic versions were just an amalgamation of all the traits Rick and Morty hated about themselves, some of which weren't necessarily bad.

They wanted you to think it was Star Trek, but it was actually Persona.

>God is a lie XD
You do realize that this was said by a toxic priest, right?

way to miss the point
faggot

hahahaha the priest secretly doesnt believe in god, wowwww what a hilarious joke! so deep, really makes u think

>shooting your relative three times with poison
>showing no remorse while they writhe in pain and might even die
>a normal functioning human being
wha? in a warzone against them maybe

>They wanted you to think it was Star Trek, but it was actually Persona.

Finally someone who is not an utter retard on this thread

Not my fault you are a sub-human pussy doomed to a life of eternal failure

sometimes you can believe and still have a bit of doubt. especially if you've had bad days a plenty. there are many sides to people
how can Sup Forums be this silly when it comes to people? has anyone here even been to a social gathering?

but yes it was a throwaway joke

I like this season so far.

we get it
you are easily amused

Anyone have a mega or dailymotion link?

pssh, nothing personal...kid

Always refreshing to see a non-retard on a thread

wow so deep

im in high school and rick and morty is the deepest and best show ever

Anyone else find the Morty shit from the first half of the episode unbearable?

When was this trope first used? The earliest I can think of was that one Star Trek episode where Kirk gets fucked up in the transporter

So, why the appearance of the Omega Force still didn't create any Hyper Crisis threads?

>strawmanning this hard
no one said it was the next kafka. that's what makes it even worse. it's such simple shit and yet you're all still this autistic about it

>the cursed items a la Friday the 13th episode...
The store was LITERALLY named after the movie they were riffing. Word for fucking word.
It's Needful Things, you cunt.

VOLTRON I UNDERSTOOD THAT REFERENCE!!!!

NO YOU CANT HAVE THE DRONES LOL

I'm not going to pretend that Sup Forums is still what it used to be

Yo, everyone is focused on the god jokes and the voltron reference, subtle things doesn't effect them, they watch the episode only for the shitpost that will follow

Rick and Morty is literally a Doc and Marty parody where Mharti sucks Doc's balls.

The fuck kind of "creativity" you expecting from this show?

>can we drop the religion memes for a moment

man, its amazing how a few years ago religious jokes on South Park or Family Guy were only offensive/controversial with the hardcore Evangelists, now, only a couple years later, literally every contrarian faggot here is pretending to be offended by them because they've all taken the red pill and think Christianity is under attack by Islam or some shit. it really is amazing how fast and easy it is to brainwash people into a particular mindset.

They are insecure about their religion. Have some pity

Y'all just need to chill and enjoy the show. If you don't like it, don't watch it.
Because this post isn't controversial, it won't get any replies.

If Morty got a Persona would it be a P3 Persona, a P4 Persona or a P5 Persona?

Christians are masochistic cucks anyway, it made them rock hard to get fed to lions and they've been hoping somebody would beat them as hard as daddy Rome ever since.
When they see enemies of their religion everywhere it's a fetish thing, like those feminists who constantly fantasize about getting raped.

have you really not noticed people watching the board to be the first one to disagree with the OP of just about any thread praising or criticizing something as a fairly standard Sup Forums trend by this point

Ren and Stimpy did an episode like that, only the "good" side is actually a "don't give a fuck" side.

>it made them rock hard to get fed to lions
I though that was the Jewish?

Me too, it's kind of trash that Sup Forums is so caught up with base contrarianism that it can't have an actual conversation about it.

> oh no Reddit likes it now
> time to nitpick every little throwaway joke because being able to arbitrarily criticize something good means that I must have good taste, right?

>if you don't like it, don't watch it lolol
Truly the brainlet's argument.
Every show taking up a slot means another show doesn't get to be made. The success of a garbage show influences trends to make all of television- sometimes even all of media in the cases of real steamers like Gilligan's Island- shittier.

1. It was really cool that for a momment we followed the evil clones thinking we were following our regular protagonists.
2. It's interesting that one of the "evil" clones was more able to care for someone else than the respective "good" clone. This episode offers nice character studies.
3. It's heartening to see how flaws contribute to make characters sympathethic and relatable.
4. The fight scene whith the xenomorph-birth-cloning-gun was pretty neat.

>a bad episode written by a MALE writer
so what's the excuse used for this one?

Jews are just Christians who were able to graduate high school and get a uni degree.

thats a good way to put it it so few words. you'd think people get it when they spelled it out towards the end. also i missed how bad detox morty really was. usually morty would have remembered to save the girl in the toxin canister, like in any episode with a girl, but he didnt. usually morty is the voice of reason and caring.