This movie and the gay kids short are going to win Oscars. Crap

This movie and the gay kids short are going to win Oscars. Crap.

indiewire.com/2017/08/coco-pixar-animated-feature-day-of-the-dead-multicultural-1201870046/

Good Job George. They will give you a job soon.

>“In a time when the political climate seems very much divisive, it fills my heart with hope that a masterful filmmaker like Lee Unkrich is using his and Pixar’s considerable talents to showcase the people and culture of our beloved Mexico,” said Jorge Guitierrez, director of the first Day of the Dead animated feature, “The Book of Life,” produced by Guillermo del Toro in 2014. “I will be there on ‘Coco’s’ opening night with my whole family, living and remembered.”

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YZqUJJaXGCM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>be gay
>win award just for existing

This movie ended up convincing Fox to greenlight Book of Life 2.

oscars are rigged you should have known that for decades

Marveldrones on suicide watch

This won because muh feminism (even though the director was kicked out of production and replaced by a man).

Aragorn tried to warn us
youtube.com/watch?v=YZqUJJaXGCM

It will be the same with the WW movie

Brave won over Paranorman despite it having a confirmed gay main character.

Wasn't Jorge against the movie at first?

No, that was just Tumblr getting mad at whypipo for making a Day of the Dead movie and twisting Jorge's story about how Dreamworks rejected Book of Life into Pixar somehow rejecting it even though all of Pixar's stories are created in-house and not from some randos coming into the company (except for Brad Bird and Incredibles, but only because he was college buddies with pretty much everybody at Pixar's story trust)

At this point I have to find something Tumblr doesn't get mad at.
What a fucking disgrace, "muh faggot representation" is literally going to kill the animation industry.

>For Unkrich, his fascination with Day of the Dead intensified after making the Oscar-winning “Toy Story 3” in 2010. During a visit to the EPCOT Mexico exhibit with his family, he reveled in the folk art.
>EPCOT Mexico exhibit
Fucking seriously?

>“In a time when the political climate seems very much divisive"
Jesus fucking Christ...

Plans are already being drafted to retheme the Mexico Pavilion to Coco. Establishing a connection in the PR is all about prepping people for the change.

Granted, there's an IP in the pavilion already with the Three Caballeros overlay to the boat ride, so it's not as drastic an adjustment as Frozen's takeover of the Norway boat ride.

Just meme Coco into a story of an illegal immigrant that needs to go the fuck back to Mexico until everybody believes that, and then nobody will touch it with a ten-foot pole.

Also
>being surprised a Pixar flick gets an Oscar

>Book of Life director likes Coco
Well there's no ill will. Good for them I guess. Still not really interested though.

Loving Vincent is going to get hosed by this since this year animation voting is open to everyone. There's no justice in the world.

>be gay
>friends abandon me and family hates me
>have to cure my gay to get everyone back in my life again
>later, they all see that stupid gay kids short
>"OMG user we're so sorry we were bigots we want you do bee yourself now"
>tfw can't bring gay back again no matter how much I try
>tfw family and friends now hate me for not bringing back the gay

>cure the gay
user, that doesn't work. You're still a fag.

>You're still a fag.

I may be but my penis doesn't think so anymore

And yet sexuality is merely a social construct.

Good, the gay kids short was a good movie that deserves to win.

>"In a time when the political climate seems very much divisive, it fills my heart with hope to fight fire with gasoline."
fixed

And you did this how?

Best animated has been a joke forever, you're just figuring this out now? Your Name was fucking robbed.

A variety of techniques. Mostly negative reinforcement, juxtaposition with unerotic images, and keeping in mind the abuse I received from the people I loved.

That's pretty messed up user.

>Muh weebshit

Well I wanted to go to a gay to straight conversion camp but my parents said it cost too much.

Try muh literally anything but Disney

What do you usually gap to if I may ask?

Can Sup Forums meme the Oscars like it did the election?

Fap I mean.

of course they are. Oscars are worthless. they are just a measure of how much ass you kissed and how much dick you sucked. not actual merit

So basically you can't jack off ever again. Just because you can't jack off to gay people doesn't mean you can jack off to chicks. So you're still gay without the benefits of sex.

The biggest travesty was it was by miles the better movie.

Seriously though, for some reason the academy has a beef with anime (except Ghibli). I don't know why weebs aren't pulling a stunt similar to #OscarsSoWhite.

Because it's not important enough that there will be any reaction besides laughter from the general public. Even liberals draw the line at anime.

>tfw I stopped giving a shit about the Oscars after Your Name/Kimi No Na Wa for snubbed of a Best Animated Feature nomination last year and UP lost Best Picture to muh Dirty Bombs back in 2010

Liberals draw the line at anime because they realize they cannot bully the Japanese into becoming Progressive, like they do with cartoon producers and video game devs in the West.

Viggo is really based

Why does every fucking shitty STRANG INDPENDANT BLACK WOMAN look like that stereotype version from austin powers?

The human species thanks you for your contribution. Same shit either way. Now go be a contributing member of society so your life isn't a waste of organic minerals.

Honestly? Probably because that chick from the Fast and the Furious does, and marketing wanted that.