What?

What?

Hydrogen dumbass, I need to get off this site

Making him the big villain to the DC universe was dumb.

Bohr model of a hydrogen atom. He respects atomic theory, I guess. Was never super clear on what point he was making.

They tried to give him an atom logo, but he said it was incorrect. Being a scientist, he made the correct symbol on his chest. One proton, one electron. Which is the composition for hydrogen. Which is also the element used in the first nuclear weapon.

Watchmen is overrated.

Yeah, if all you provide is surface-level explanations indicative of your overall lack of understanding, then yes. You do need to get off of this site.

To that user's credit, OP asked a pretty vague question.

That's really all it is though. It's hydrogen. If you need to be spoonfed all the symbolic implications that come with it, maybe it's you that's the retard.

He's the equivalent of the atom bomb.

Nah, it's weirder than that. He says it's meaningless, which it isn't, and then insists that hydrogen is good enough because reasons.

I mean, I understand that Bohr's model gives a better view of electron shells but it really is a pretty silly gripe. Was Osterman a chemist? Was he just going back to a comfortable place or something? Been ages since I've read this.

He's a whiny faggot, just like the Silver Surfer.

But at least that dude can surf.

i want a totally rad dude silver surfer cheering up a sad sack eyore dr manhattan now.

Look
He's literally whining like a bitch about his outfit right here.

(((((((((They))))))) can't control him. /ourguy/

What is so respectful about hydrogen?

>literally
>user has so little social interaction that he thinks this is whining.

>Which is also the element used in the first nuclear weapon.

Incorrect, hydrogen is used in FUSION nuclear weapons, which were not tested until 1952, almost a decade after FISSION nuclear weapons were designed and dropped on japan. Fusion weapons are generally a direct augmentation of fission weapons as they use a fission bomb's explosion to compress hydrogen and set off a secondary, larger fusion reaction.

Faggot can't even Triforce

10/10

its the most simple element. Considering he can see the atomic structure of things and rearrange them, he prolly likes the elegance of hydrogen.

I thought it was a clock, as in watchmen.12 o'clock.

>not dickbutt
ONE JOB! Triforce meme is played out. Dickbutt is the modern Kilroy.

What kind of clocks do you own

Dickbutt is stale like an ancient turd.

I can't believe no one put swastika there yet.

I didn't think much about it before now. The comic was watchmen so I made the connection automatically. If it were a clock, it would show 12 o'clock with two dots (hour and minute) on the ring overlapping. I used to have a glass clock like that.

It's HIGH NOON

It would have been funnier if he drew a d-orbital on his forehead, then had everyone ask him why he drew a peanut inside a donut
Were probability-based orbitals a thing when Watchmen was written?

>Ozymandias unites east and west by turning Doctor Manhattan into their common TARGET/spoiler].

This as well

Looks like a titty

Titties are divine

I shall call myself... Bullseye!

"Dr. Manhattan" has connotation of the US Atomic Bomb project. His government handlers are trying to make him a more threatening Captain America, but he's not patriotic.

Manson must have read Watchmen in jail.
He picked a symbol he respects.

he's a real outstanding kinda guy you know

>all these .jpegs

its not even a noble gas

>him the big villain was dumb

AKA The Cereal Lord in a nutshell

Who?

> Look at me I know physics I respect elements
Fucking nerd.

Just turn your brain off. Moore is a hack and you should know this by now.

'sup, Johns.

It is meaningless in the scope of actual symbolizing atoms, it's just a cutesy symbol that carries a vague "this involves atoms" meaning. His powers are literally to rearrange matter atom by atom so it would make sense that he would choose the original atom as his symbol, and that is also ignoring the fact that most of his life was spent into becoming a physicist.

Of course it is immediately thrown in his face because he was unaware of the cold war connotation he was about to be carrying.

Fuck I am a high school dropout and it was obvious to me back when I was in middle school.

Who said he's the villain?

Johns is too respectful to Moore. I would have done so much more.

Why would a god let other people pick his clothes?

He's not a god, he's a very naughty boy

Sure, a hack. That's why he wrote the most successful comic of ALL TIME. The one that's sold more than anything ever.

The problem I'm having is that the Bohr model isn't really a big step up from what they gave him to begin with. It was half a century out of date when this was written. It reads more like an uppity high school student than a Ph.D. physicist, let alone a magic god who literally sees atoms.

Johns explicitly said he wasn't the villain, just the antagonist.

>mfw it comes out that V is somehow the villain

There's no clear villian in doomsday clock.

They wanted him to use a retarded atomic model and the bohr model A. only works for hydrogen and B. is really the only model he could properly depict in 2 dimensions

I always thought his symbol meant midnight on nuclear clock.

>Were probability-based orbitals a thing when Watchmen was written?

Yea, but I highly fucking doubt Moore understood dick about them because back then you had to take 3 years of German before you could take Pchem according to my boss

Really, where's the swastika version

I know it's already been made

the layers

The way that clock looks immediately made me think of the Incredibles logo.

Would you have preferred an electron configuration?

He was working in Los Alamos. As a physicsist at the time, he had a largely mechanistic view of the universe, especially since he wanted to be a clockmaker. So yes, he was going back to his happy place.

Huh, and now you can learn about them in high school

The March of Progress, I guess

You learn they exist in high school. You don't actually learn any of the math involved.

What you are saying is like saying high school teaches you how to be an airplane engineer because it teaches about lift

You sound like an asshole and it's probably not your fault.

The most you delve into is learning which atoms have how many types of orbitals, as well as calculating energy gain/loss when electrons change levels. Also includes the nomenclature of classifying electrons based on the shell, orbital and spin.

It's not necessarily the fact that teenagers can do the science that's interesting, it's more so that it's neat how science can correct itself, and how the revised theories and models trickle down into general education from the more specialized fields

>he was not impressed, but I got the milk anyway

I want to eat cereal with Johns