CURRENT YEAR

>CURRENT YEAR

>USING WINDOWS

SHIGGGY

thehackernews.com/2016/10/code-injection-attack.html

If you care about freedom, ditch windows and go with GNU/Linux

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.ensilo.com/atombombing-a-code-injection-that-bypasses-current-security-solutions
washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2015/12/27/bill-gates-keeps-pushing-common-core-with-big-money-and-a-bid-to-get-charles-koch-to-like-it/
steamdb.info/linux/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>use linux

please fuck off

I've been using Xubuntu since Windows 8 was first announced.

fucking normie

This is Sup Forums not Sup Forums.
>linux
Kek

fucking weirdo

I like playing video games though.

Linux is half-functional trash but go ahead and shill your dirtshit OS because you don't want the feds on your CP

brehs, how do linux goys play videa gaems?
I need a new computer soon but dont want windows botnet 10, or a fagbook

wat do

Install gentoo

get windows 7 and turn updates off after installing drivers.

>blog.ensilo.com/atombombing-a-code-injection-that-bypasses-current-security-solutions
>" let’s say an attacker was able to persuade a user to run a malicious executable, evil.exe."

You still need to run a malicious executable to be hit with this "exploit", dumbass. Only retards who already get viruses execute shady as fuck programs to begin with.

>falling for the penguin jew

Fuck off, special snowflake. No one is going to use your inferior windows.

Doesn't mirai only effect Linux?

A good portion of modern games run fine under WINE, but you kinda need a pretty fucking good computer because you will lose some performance.

That said, some games run even better on Linux. Go to winehq website and search the games you'd like to play to see if they run.

>after installing drivers
What's the reasoning to do it after drivers?

>Google Chrome encrypts your saved passwords using Windows Data Protection API (DPAPI), which uses data derived from the current user to encrypt or decrypt the data and access the passwords.

Don't use Chrome? Problem solved.

Do I get paid for this?

You need it so you can install certain drivers, afterward it's a security risk.

forget about Windows, I could hack your computer through a literal window

I care about having a computer that works. fuck off freetard

Oh ye I get it. I just have really old hardware so I never experience such compatibility problems.

>people itt claiming windows is the superior operating system
>implying it's not a buggy mess written by a bunch of poos
>muh video games

Daily reminder that the founder of Microsoft is a communist working for the (((elite))).
washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2015/12/27/bill-gates-keeps-pushing-common-core-with-big-money-and-a-bid-to-get-charles-koch-to-like-it/

there is literally no reason not to use Windows on your gaming PC where you have nothing to hide.

if you have something to hide, keep it on a separate computer running linux.

>being too computer illiterate to install the drivers yourself

>look at author
>Swati Khandelwal
Technical Writer, Security Blogger and IT Analyst. She is a Technology Enthusiast with a keen eye on the Cyberspace and other tech related developments.

Come on now.

>arguing over which is better

Windows is far superior for gaming. Linux is superior for most other things. just use both.

Linux will never catch on.

There is nothing about Windows that makes it superior for video games. Developers are just lazy faggots who can't be bothered to learn OpenGL.

Windows is a piece of shit, but most programs are easily compatible with Windows. If I could run all the thing I do on Windows, on Linux, then I absolutely would. As it is, Wine is glitchy as fuck, and it's way too much effort spending 2 hours troubleshooting for ever 5 minutes you're supposed to spend starting up an application.

>being too computer illiterate to install the drivers yourself
What he meant is that Windows 7 is so old that it doesn't have built in support for newer hardware, so a few updates are necessary.

Or maybe you also meant that and I'm just replying for no reason.

things*

Some newer computers also don't support older drivers. I tried to clean install Windows 7 on a new laptop I bought that came with Windows 10, and I got everything to work except for the fingerpad. The driver apparently installed fine--it just didn't do anything once it was on the laptop.

>Implying Linux doesn't have the same issues

We literally just had to patch all of our shit at work due to dirty cow exploit.

That filename is very descriptive.

>linux
>superior
L FUCKING MAO

You have to be somewhere on the autism spectrum to use that garbage on your personal computer

WINDOWS 7 MASTER RACE

Ditto

7 at home
XP at the office
Winmo 6.1 on my phone

Suck it haters

>huge new exploit found!!1
>needs to execute arbitrary commands on a machine
every time

>If you care about freedom,

it doesn't matter what software you use, there are backdoors built into the hardware so you can be spied on.

Why not Win98 on second computer
Or at least win2k

No reason to. I would if I had a reason ))

If linux is so great why doesn't it have like, any games on Steam? It's a piece of shit overrated OS, that's why.

>All the winbabbies ITT crying that their botnet OS isn't as great as free and open source

>muh linux has vulnerabilities too
and they are so few and so far between, and so often patched so quickly, that there has never been a single linux virus worthy of note for spread.

>muh linux doesn't work
If you're too retarded to get some babby mode distro like Ubuntu or Mint working, then maybe you shouldn't be on a computer in the first place, since computing is obviously just above you

>muh vidya
enjoying CSGO over here. As well as KSP, HLD, some eroge through WINE, etc. Only games that I can't play on Linux I have a second windows partition, but even that's not really necessary as PCI passthrough to virtual machines becomes a thing.

Meanwhile all my programs get updated with the same package manager, my desktop is entirely customizeable, I don't have to worry about the NSA watching me, and I have the most based programs available
>winbaby wants to download a song from youtube/soundcloud/whatever
>goes to download free youtube downloader
>enjoys their viruses

>I want to download song
>ctrl+alt+t
>youtube-dl [URL]
>song downloaded, and no extra toolbars on my browser to be seen

I requires a lot of work to make it good. The "out of the box" ones suck.

autism

But I'm too stupid to use Linux and don't know anything about programming in any language. Where do I begin?

>Linux is half-functional trash
To be honest, depending on software you use it's pretty much better than windows in many aspects.

Windows beats it with sheer compatibility though. There's 99% chance that your GNU/Linux application will have windows version but it doesn't work in the other way that often(that being said 10 years ago it was terrible, now it's just "bad").

Other than that it will be faster, more stable, customisable and safer. But of course if you aren't a fucking nigger and work on your computer from time to time(let alone playing games), then Windows will probably end up being more practical.

THIS
H
I
S

>WINE

is absolute shit

Daily reminder that this is the only game you'll ever need, which I'm pretty sure runs on Linux.

Also teach me how to use Ubuntu

>There's 99% chance that your GNU/Linux application will have windows version

Wrong.

If I used Windows I would think there is a severe lack of software.

I would have to use compatibility layers or gimped shitty versions of Linux software built by compatibility layer hacks.

Yeah, happy with everything except
>WINE
Nah,m m8 just dual boot

Sorry it doesn't bring you the latest "BOTNET TM" included when you install. Real men adapt to their environment. Only insects specialize

It has plenty of games.
steamdb.info/linux/
plus whatever you can run on WINE plus some good FOSS games like openTTD, freeciv, tuxracer, flightgear, etc etc

>obsessively stuck to an objectively inferior OS
>a-a-autism
>You use better more sophisticated software because of autism
Yeah whatever plebian

Plays CoH, HOI3, and others just fine. In fact, I find switching to different windows and workspaces easier to do on Wine than native Windows. Only thing it desperately needs for games is DX10/11/12 support, but with Vulkan that probably won't be necessary for newer games

>Dwarf Fortress
yeah it runs on Linux

Apparently PCI passthrough is getting pretty easy. I'll probably do it sometime in the future to enjoy glorious native windows gaming with the security of knowing that it's in a VM and can't actually fuck my shit up

It's not a black and white thing.

If an application runs perfectly in Wine (it's not WINE) it's just like running it natively, little to no performance impact.

If a program doesn't work, then dual-boot if you really need it.

>but muh games..

otherwise I probably would've switched already...

Depends on your software and field really. Generally speaking 99% of "computer work" can be done on fucking Windows 3.1 but that's not the point.

Coders will probably lean towards linux, engineers will use Windows instead.

Job requires me to have Linux. Even got my son on kali for ease of use to learn linux.

I use Xubuntu 99% of the time and boot up a windows KVM every once in a while to play games. It is completely isolated and PCI passthrough is flawless for gaming.

Fuck yeah Dwarf Fortress is the shit.

Time to play again this fuck ASAP

Windows = autism
Linux = super autism
OSX = master race

How do I do PCI passthrough?

>Sup Forums is full of Wintoddlers

Can't say I'm surprised.

a fucking normie

tfw