ITT: tropes you hate

>intense fight with alien
> humans loosing
> alien calls humans savages/ some shit like that
>"b-but humanity h-has the ability to b-bounce back"

>girl power is included because the pudgy, dumb office drone female writers wish they were cool and strong in real life

>A "who has it worse?" kind of episode

>Character pretty unambiguously dies
>Is later revealed to be perfectly fine with little to no explanation.

>Play up how important a character is to saving the day and how critical it is we go get them
>They end up doing basically nothing while another character singlehandedly saves the day

>a person is trying to explain something
>listeners are either constantly ignoring that person or constantly interrupt the speech
>when the thing the person is trying to warn indeed happens, the people all blame the speaker for not telling them on time

>Two characters are fighting, fairly evenly with maybe one having the upper hand
>At one point, Character A says or does something to piss off Character B
>Character B proceeds to instantly win the fight without any difficulty.

this

>Minor character whose sole purpose is to show up, say and/or do something that warrants a physical/verbal ass-kicking, and get one

>They're related, that means they MUST have the same powers

>Character gets powerup
>H-He's fast!

No shit

>Protagonist and antagonist team up to face an even greater evil
>Once that greater evil is defeated, they go right back to hating each other, learning nothing

>racists sets aside their problems with another group to try to work together to fight an alien threat
Eveey time I see this I'm always thinking "Have some fucking balls and stick to your beliefs". A true racist that believes the inferior races deserve the be enslaved or killed should be wilingly bending over and taking that alien cock in the ass after being outclassed. It's literally what they expect of other groups, why shouldn't they do it when aliens outclass them?

Because they're not suicidal? What is even your point?

>JOTARO!!!

Being enslaved is not a suicide and submitting to the aliens would stop the violent invasion, obviously because there wouldn't be anymore fighting, just submission. Furthermore if you hold a belief stance that inferior races should bow to the clearly established superior races, that idea should hold at all times. Otherwise it's sheer hypocrisy and you're a cowardly opportunist, not someone with a true belief system.

Just saying.

You are not very bright.

>They have the same/similar powers, that means they MUST be related

Explain. I'm not saying self preservation is a bad thing. I'm saying a racist trying to fight against a clear superior instead of accepting order is hypocrisy.

>abusive family inspired episode

You know there are many types of racists, right? Some don't want other to bow to them, just kil the inferiors, some just don't want to see those they hate near them

>character is hungry or thirsty
>constantly prevented from eating or drinking
>finally overcomes obstacles and has a chance to eat or drink
>food is stolen or ruined

You get used to it, as long as you don't die then life hasn't succeeded in killing you yet, and therefore you can keep going because at least you tried
>Whether I was stupid about it or not doesn't matter, all that will matter is what you chose to remember about me while you still can
>Find someone who can afford to care Sherbet flavored king of rock and roll
>In short, get lost
>Capiche?
>Yes, aren't you so clever - keep being trashy ninja san(s)

>Character loses race
>H-He's slow!

A Freaky Friday type deal?

Those that want to kill inferiors or have them bow definitely should have no type of problem with an alien invasion. Fighting superiors with a supremacist mindset is hypocrisy.

A racist who wants to disassociate or otherwise remove inferiors from their land should understand that they should get up and relocate in the face of their superiors. Go find some corner of the earth to hole up in and hope the aliens at least leave you that. Not sit and fight them. Again, it would be a hypocrisy to fight, especially from a group which complains about natives fighting to protect their land or claims that they should deport groups of people who existed in a given country prior to their own family's arrival.

Any racist who would do otherwise is not a man of virtue who believes in order through supremacy. They are cowardly opportunists looking to beat up others who happen to be below them at the moment.

>The bullet grazed my head

>I WAS MERELY PRETENDING
>THAT'S IT! NO MORE HOLDING BACK!
>DID YOU REALLY THINK I WOULDN'T PLAN FOR THIS?
>IMPOSSIBLE! HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!
>YOU CAN'T DEFEAT ME! I'M UNSTOPPABLE!

Rewinding here. Why do they HAVE to think that they're inferior to the aliens?

Also Hernan Cortez never went "Fucking natives, why they fight back? Just give up already, we're better than you" he just killed them

Name 2 shows that have done this

>implying 90 percent of racists are logical about their prejudice, and that it's not instead based on misconceptions, exaggerated or even fraudulent anecdotes, statistics that can easily be used against them and a longing to feel superior when life is giving you multiple not-so-subtle messages that you're not
>implying subservience to a bunch of inbred xenoforms is any better than the sweet glory of making their lives just that little bit more difficult

Sangheili apologist scum.

I've never actually seen this done for anything outside of gags, like in South Park. Any examples?

Back on topic

>MC is told respected character did something dumb, horrific, or even inhumane
>MC is distraught
>Meanwhile, MC's friends know the truth that respected character didn't do shit, and don't bother telling him because 'it's complicated'

I wouldn't mind it if there was a good reason, but anytime it comes up the reasons given are 'oh but I promised' or 'I had suspicions, but I couldn't be sure'.

is this a jojo thread now?

>that one character that is the lart of the main group
>but doesn't get to interract in ways other than funny
>he can't be serious and doesn't develop at all

>admired hero figure is actually an egotistical blowhard in person

>Silly old man takes off his shirt and demolishes the enemy when shit gets real

Bonus points if he's like "weaklings don't reach my age!"

>Character keeps fucking everything up and acting like an asshole but doesn't get called out on their behavior.

>is a girl

>We're not so different, you an I.

Not him but

>Steven Universe
>Every Halo game and cartoon, maybe bar ODST and 2
>The day the world stood still
>Shadow the Hedgehog
>Independence Day
>BnHA but that's not to aliens, just to other supers
>Doctor Who, but not in a non-cringe worthy way since the end of season 4
>PMD: EOS if you swap pokemon with humanity

>character goes back in time
>his ancestors look like his family

Would love if the effect was opposite and the lesson is you gotta control yourself in a fight

>>"b-but humanity h-has the ability to b-bounce back"
This doesn't happen in any of that.
Half don't even mention humanity as a monolithic thing

>dated pop culture reference

rewatching futurama has a new metalevel of comedy

>his ancestors' friends look like his friends

They had it coming.

that too

>The episode's villain is an ancestor of the villain

They don't have to think it going in. They should KNOW it by the time they get outclassed technologically and mentally and they should accept their fate with a philosophical zen. Not go crawling to the groups they've been nothing short of terrible to begging for a handout.

Hey man I'm just as willing to fight aliens as much as the next guy, I'm just saying a racist fighting someone who outclasses them entirely in IQ (due to their technological advancements and ability to sail the cosmos), weaponry, suitability for the ultimate environment (space) and more is hypocritical. Especially since compartively youre just some ape who's ancestors made fire that masturbates all day and shitposts on the internet. You can't play the racial science angle and you can't play the "god's chosen people" angle when dealing with aliens. It blows up in your face unless you're willing to admit status as an inferior and take what's coming to you. On the flip side as a non racist who believes each perso. should be evaluated individually and able to fight for their own stake in this world, it makes sense to continue fighting regardless of who the competitor is, like you do every other day.

They only had themselves to blame

>character eats a lot
>they become morbidly obese for 5 seconds before returning to normal

that was always the intention. they're in the future after all. as a result it's essentially ageless, even when it's dated.

Ever heard of the term "cannon fodder"?

>it's a child character
>fans defend them because "they're just a child"
>character is very mature / acts like an adult normally

>One of the characters is fat
>They're the dumb one of the group

>character goes back in time
>his ancestors all look completely different from him
>Except that they all have the character's single defining characteristic. (Same hair, same weird looking chin, same buck teet, etc etc.)

This is true to life more often than not

>Halo don't even mention humanity as a monolithic thing

Watch the cartoons user, especially the origins one

Also

>Entire premise of gem war was that humanity had too much potential to be harmed
>The day the world stood still only had humanity survive because Keanu thought that humanity could change their ways
>Black Doom tries to use humanity as food source, Shadow swears to protect humanity and stops him. This game was stupid but goddamn if it didn't handle well on the PS2
>'We're going to live on...'
>Entire stain arc is based on whether heroes even exist anymore
>Third season finale comes to mind in particular, but it's a recurring theme in season 1 (albeit in a darker tone), and in the season 4 finale
> 'Why do you keep doing this? If you succeed, you'll vanish too!'

Mabel?

I don't think it was unambiguous in this situation, the reader though he got shot right through the skull.

>The hero claims to work best alone, but gets the shit beat out of them and needs to come crawling back to their team

>The hero has angst about their inner darkness (but is never really shown to have an inner darkness)

>Side character tells other side character what makes the hero so great

>Female character has long hair
>Cuts it for any reason

>Watch the cartoons user, especially the origins one
>cartoons are schlocky
No surprise here.

>Gem war
Humanity wasn't special because it could one day beat the gems. Rose chose to fight for humanity because she saw humans as people and that people are always worth fighting for
>The Day the Earth Stood Still
What about that makes you think that humanity is "special" in a galactic sense? Are aliens not good at changing their ways?
>We're going to live on
Meaning the people listening

Haven't seen the others but your interpretations do not seem entirely accurate.

>the inner darkness is just an edgy sociopathy and not a complex flaw that would require work to fix

>Villain is the only character who doesn't get a song

gurren lagann

>Female character goes barefoot
>Puts shows on for any reason

What if their IQ is equal to ours and they just evolved earlier and had a million year head start to technologically progress?

Which comics or cartoons did you see this trope in?

>Characters go to Japan
>Dont take off shoes indoors

>tons of alien or animal characters
>main character is a human

Showing this in episode 1 of horse show may have been the reason why so many degenerate fetishists got into the fandom.

You mean
>characters go LITERALLY ANY OTHER PLACE IN THE WORLD THAN THE USA
>don't take off their shoes

>Hero has a love interest
>If their love interest dies, the hero turns into a villain
>Despite the hero having been a hero before they met
>Despite the hero having dealt with the loss of a loved one before

Monsters Vs Aliens is a good one. People shit on and enslave monsters and perceive themselves as superiors and use Monsters to fight the aliens.

Sup Forums needs flags to prevent this kind of leafposting

I was trying to make a lame, subtle foot fetish joke

>Monsters
>race

Again, have you heard of the term "cannon fodder"? People use those they deem inferior to die in their wars all the time

fuck you

>a new character
>is good when others around
>devil incarnated towards the MC

>"Gee Protag, I don't get why you hate New Character so much, they're so cool and nice!"

It makes sense for a war. It doesn't make sense for a struggle against a superior. Would make more sense to accept your place in the food chain like you expect of those beneath you.

>"What are you talking about, the New Character is literally harmless"

>"Do you think the MC is going insane?"
>"I don't know man, he's been acting pretty weird lately."

>Chase/Race scene
>Hero tries their very hardest, manages to catch up
>Suddenly become evenly matched with whoever they're chasing

Why wouldn't it make sense tho? don't want to risk yourself? send a less important goon

>for you

>the reader though he got shot right through the skull.
it did. he died. that was the end of his story.

>risk yourself
There's no risk at all if you bend the knee to your superior. You just submit and hope the aliens don't change their mind. Just like you expect of those currently beneath you.

Also let's be real here, the cannon fodder thing literally only happens in movies where they send in a suicide squad like the Monsters. In real life, your suicide squads are likely to go awol or defect, because theyd rather risk it all than deal with some asshole supremacist.

You still haven't given an example of a cartoon or comic to show you aren't just Sup Forums-baiting.

>humanity beats the shit out of the aliens
>they never, ever bounce back, reduced from a mighty empire to a bunch of space gypsies
cya skrulls

>end up on a review page for I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream after seeing this
>first/featured review is two stars, written by a tranny who spouts bullshit about feminism and how the author is a misogynist
i wanna die

But they probably don't want to, as I said,
Hernan Cortez never went "Fucking natives, why they fight back? Just give up already, we're better than you" he just killed them. But he also made promises and gave rewards for the natives that helped him

>What is the French Foreign Legion

Go jack off to Domineet like the degenerate you are

Monsters vs Aliens
The Walking Dead (swap Zombies for Aliens)
Any episode of MLAATR when Jenny saves the life of an anti-robot or the anti-robot finds themselves begging Jenny to save their ass from aliens, monsters, and other threats.
The entire premise of TMNT whenever they have an encounter with a human that's not Casey or April.
X-Men.
PowerPuff Girls (especially the movie)

It's an idea that's present in a lot of media. Cartoons are more likely to have analogs because they don't want to show outright racism in children's media, but live action television and film will more readily show it.

>Character is a jerk to the protagonist
>Protagonist shows off some skill by beating them in a competition or whatever
>"You know, protagonist, you're alright. Sorry about how I treated you"
Fuck you, you're still an asshole, you're just not an asshole to the protagonist anymore because you only respect skilled people.

>powerpuff girls
>mutants
>robots
>turtles

>race

No-one believes zombies are superior on the walking dead.

That's because zombies are analogues for niggers.

>analog

>male villain is a stalker who's obsessed with a female character
There is no worse and more laughable villain archetype.

What if it's a male villain stalker who is obsessed with a male hero?