Steven vs. Finn

Realistically, who would win if they are fighting to the death?

Finn.

/thread

/thread

have they ever tried to establish any kind of concrete limits to finn's overall strength, or is he just "strong enough except for when he's not"

"It came from the Nightosphere" in and of itself seems to suggest that they don't really care about who can beat who at what time other than the lich being pretty godlike i guess

Steven could sit on him and crush him with his fatness.

/thread

that's hot

For you.

/thread

His strength depends on the plot

steven
finn's best chance is to literally just run away like a bitch

/thread

We've discussed this, Finn might have skill and persistence, but Steven has too good a defense, has the advantages that come with being a gem like super strength and speed, and is also gaining in skill.
On their own Finn doesn't have anything to break his defense.

This basically. I think it comes down to what Finn's arsenal is for the fight. Give him some magic weapons and such and he could probably take Steven down without too much trouble. Otherwise Steven is just going to mostly tank (and we've seen he can be pretty tanky as shown with his fight with Amy)

if steven were a fighter he could win. steven doesn't have a fight mindset or will, so probably finn

It would be a fair fight, I think, Finn is probably stronger, since he was able to tear off a giant's head with his bare hands and carry it for a long distance, but Steven is also above human strengh, and his arsenal is much more diverse with his shield, levitation, plant powers and shape shifting

I would bet on Finn for his higher experience and kill count

This

In Dad's Dungeon he's able to force apart the presumably metal chains holding the demon blood sword in place in a matter of seconds and then proceeds to lift the monster that was locked away with it over his head using just the sword to lift him despite it being 100 times larger than him.

In other episodes he's presented in a way that makes it seem like he'd be incapable of either of those feats.

Steven is way more powerful than Finn, his power is constantly reaching new heights, but Finn is much more aggressive and experienced at killing things. Steven would have to get pushed against a wall real hard before he fought back, and he could fucking crush Finn.

Plus Steven is technically indestructible unless Finn shatters his gem.

Steven is far more powerful but is a literal pacifist. Finn meanwhile is a fairly strong match and has no quarrel with killing.

Finn has a demon sword though.

>Plus Steven is technically indestructible unless Finn shatters his gem.
No. Steven can be killed like a normal human

Finn refuses to kill anything that isn't Evil.

>incompetent fatass who needs a poo person to do his fighting for him
>angry teenager with a sword
Obvious

Finn wouldn't kill someone like steven and steven couldn't bring himself to kill anyone. If however they both just gave up their beliefs and fought to the death steven would win because near invulnerable shield, super strength and magic powers

Had a demon sword.
He now uses a small sword that probably can't shatter Steven's gem

Death Battle rules remove killing restraint

>can't shatter Steven's gem
And? He is still flesh

Does he still do that? I haven't watched AT in a while but throughout the show he's only become more angry and hormonal.

Could he break Steven's bubble?
Finn's too much of a hothead, Steven's a pussy
It all comes down to who starves to death first

>can't shatter Steven's gem
Amethysts cracked her gem retarded just from falling on it. I don't see why a calculated strike can't crack it.

If I recall correctly someone on /tg/ calculated that the impact of her falling onto that rock directly onto her gem would have been a bigger impact than being shot (I don't remember what kind of bullet). So unless Finn can swing his sword at Steven's gem with enough force that it literally hits harder than a gunshot, I don't think that he could do it.

Besides accidentally killing Fern, it should still hold true.

What about his mechanical arm?

>calculated that the impact
Stop reading right here. Stop using math in a fucking cartoon. Also, Lapis' gem was cracked by a food

/thread

Lapis wasn't made for combat

>food
Foot

Interesting if true. But still, he's half human and the show has repeatedly shown that while he has a ton of defense capabilities he himself is still human and can be realistically hurt from basic things that can kill a normal person.

>incompetent

This is all conjecture but it would make sense if Amethyst's gem was stronger because she's a warrior gem.

Dunno. I don't watch AT, I was just trying to be helpful.

I don't know, I think a normal person would have been liquefied during the fight with Amethyst when she cratered him through rock, DBZ style.

Give him Roses sword, which he has been shown to know how to use, and he'd probably stand a fair chance against Finn - though Finn is older and a more experienced fighter.

I think finn could hit that hard.

If we're actually going to science this shit we need to find each gem's hardness on the Mohs Scale as a firm base line.

Honestly I hate SU and am not up to date on Adventure Time but given what little I've seen neither would fight the other, not even in a life-or-death scenario. However both would be more than happy to spar.

>Steven takes first few rounds with surprises
>Finn figures out his shit and begins to trounce him
>Steven gets depressed or some shit
>Finn goes to jerk off while Steven has some soul-searching journey
>He comes to a stupid conclusion that shouldn't make sense
>He and Finn spar again
>Whatever bullshit lesson/moral/conclusion Steven came up with somehow, some way, works
>Steven's shit behavior is further reinforced

Alternatively
>Steven gets depressed or some shit
>Decides to fuse with his "not" girlfriend
>Finn thinks it's fucking awesome
>But that means Jake the Dog gets to join
>Finn and Jake utterly destroy the fusion because Jake is OP as shit
>ALGEBRAIC

>steven
>not being an consistent fuck up

Steven bitchass would find a way to cry himself out of Finn beating his ass to be honest.

what did you watch the first episode then stop idiot

Is AT any good lately? I watched a little past the fucked up episode where he makes Flame Princess fight Ice King so he can have wet dreams and tapped out.

Can I just see some must-watch episodes and be caught up? I miss the manic insanity of early Adventure Time.

Pretty much all of season 7 and up is righteous.

So it lulls for like season 5 and 6, then gets back to the old stuff? Or does it just settle in better to story-driven stuff?

/thread

/thread

Kind of both? I don't think there's anyway to truly get back to the way the show was in the very first seasons, but it does do stories better and a couple of episodes are pretty fun.

If you want, I'd probably recommend watching the miniseries, primarily Islands then Elements to see if you can't get back in the mood for how they do story stuff. Episodes that lead up to those are "I Am a Sword", "Elemental", "PreBoot", "Reboot", "Two Swords".
Then there's some stuff involving the Lich with episodes like "Crossover", "Whispers".

Then episodes like "Flute Spell", "Blank-Eyed Girl", "The Thin Yellow Line, "Normal Man", and "Bun Bun" are some nice one-off episodes you might enjoy.

These should be season 7 and 8, but I think CN split the last season or something.

Watch all of it.

C-C-C-C-COMBOBREAKER!!!

What about Finn's psychic arm?

SPACE PROGRAM BY 2020

Finn has an amazingly varied fighting history. He's fought all kinds of monsters with friends, alone, with tools, and bare handed. He's also strong and fast, probably both more than Steven. He is also the only one out of the two to actually kill something. Finn would take this fight. Not easily, but he would take it.

Are we talking both of them wholly motivated to smoke the other, all character traits aside? Then probably Finn.

In any other context, though, Steven would probably resolve it peacefully through some sort of song, which counts as a draw.

grass sword finn maybe

Let's phrase the question slightly differently;

Could Finn kill one of the crystal gems?

Finn got fucked over by the Vampire King, so I think he could handle someone like Peridot or the corrupted gems.

fern was evil

I'm not sure if we've even seen Steven's shield break under pressure so we can't tell how much force Finn would need to be able to create to punch through it.

if steven counts
pearl has thousands of years of fighting experience
garnet would shit on him flat out
maybe amethyst

Battle of the fusions
Who would win?

/thread

Jake alone would fuck up the three of them put together, so it's no real contest. Getting sliced would be a bitch though, for the whole 2 seconds before he crushes them under a giant foot.

/thread

I stopped watching AT around the same time you did. I got back into it with the Stakes miniseries and enjoyed that a lot, but I've yet to watch anything past that. So I guess try that and see if you like it.

no need i mean loook at their basic concepts

Battle hardened kid in a post apocalyptic world
VS
Fat Kid with alot of potential but with no experience and sheltered for too much time

Finn if toonforce. Steven if you just go by the fine print of Finn being just human.

We've had this thread a lot and its always Finn. Even if Steven ends up with more powers at the end of the series, its probably going to still be Finn.

Stephen has no willingness to kill fucking anything. His only victory route is accidentally drowning finn in tears.

Well, you have the Death Battle logo, so we're presumably following the death battle rules: any normal unwillingness to fight or kill is removed and the two have no prior knowledge of each other.

Now, Steven has the intrinsic advantage, he's stronger and has various powers, but Finn is used to fighting all sorts of crazy things with strength and powers. Steven's powers are all mostly defensive, too, so Finn will have time to figure out what he's dealing with. Finn can easily dodge or tank whatever Steven can dish at him for long enough to come up with ideas and get his tactics right, and once that happens it's probably Finn's match.

Finn is just... ridiculously more experienced than Steven. Dude's an adventurer, he fights monsters and magic, and solves puzzles, and solves puzzles while fighting monsters, and fights living puzzle monsters, all the time. He probably got a ton of proper training off Jake's dad and then added a load of real experience on top of that. Steven has received a BIT of training now, and has a BIT of experience now, but he's a novice. Finn outclasses him.

Also, Finn has a sweet robot arm now. IIRC it canonically can turn into a drill.

A challenger appears.

Steven wont kill, he'd pussy out. Finn is 18, filled with angst, blue balls, and would probably strike down Steven if enraged. Steven just doesnt have an adventurer's spirit or blood lust. Not yet anyways.

>I miss the manic insanity of early Adventure Time.
You'll never get that back, but you can cherish the memories.

The rest of AT post breakup is pretty good, season 5 and 6 are rocky in their major story beats and arcs and lots of people fucking hated Finn for a while because of the breakup and there were some abominable episodes like Red Throne, Betty, and Breezy. But it's important to keep in mind that between these there were still solid and amazing eps.

Season 7 is pretty good, then I think season 8 is one of the best seasons of the show, and I say this as someone who thinks classic AT was the best years of the show. I feel like they finally nailed the tone the show had been striving for since season 5 and it was very enjoyable, though it definitely helped that there were two miniseries that I really liked thrown in.

I'd recommend it, the show's ending soon so catching up to be there when it finishes would be nice.

What level are Finn and Steven?

why do you think they are trying to kill is your edge slipping out

>DEATH Battle
>"dude wtf why would they be trying to kill each other what's wrong with you"

>any kind of concrete limits to finn's overall strength, or is he just "strong enough except for when he's not"
Being realistic it is the second one. Sometimes he can take out monster armies by himself, other times like a random animal gets the jump on him and knocks him unconscious.

If I were faggy enough to try and present Finn's stats as they should be (and I am) think it would be
>skilled with most melee weapons, best with swords, though doesn't know any fancy tricks with them but his strength makes him tough enough to handle most things
>is also physically strong as well, been plenty of times where he was able to take on opponents with just his fists, I think Steven would have n edge in a straight up fist fight but Finn wouldn't be too far behind
>agile as fuck, can do all kinds of crazy flips and shit whenever he needs too, I'd imagine that would make him real fast too
>isn't really smart but has been able to come up with some well thought out battle plans on occasion
>has a robot arm now that has a few attachments but would most likely be useful to enhance his sword, there's a move in the show that he couldn't do before but with the arm he was able to do it

So I typed all that out and didn't really get much closer to an endpoint, but that seems like a decent rough outline of Finn. He would be able to hit fast and pretty hard but the whole thing is that Steven can tank those hits no problem.