Childhood is when you idolize Superman. Adulthood is when you realize DARKSEID IS

Childhood is when you idolize Superman. Adulthood is when you realize DARKSEID IS.

The tie-ins were the only good part of this arc. New God Justice League was fun and they didn't really use them fully.

Edgyness is when you wank to Darkseid.
Adulthood is when you realize how Superman is a powerful character not only because of his power, but because he is a beacon of hope.

Pretty much this. Hope will always triumph over despair. Superman always beats Darkseid because Superman wishes the best for all of us.

That is why I have grown to love Superman over the year.
The current Rebirth run made my BUY the book again.

And then, Man of Steal happens

I fucking hate how Superman never smile in this movie, how he is balding more and more over the year, how he is fucking emotionless asshole.

The only ways to fix him would be to have him meet a CGI version of Christopher Reeve to teach him what it mean to be a hero.

Or throw him away and start over. I don't want them to waste a crisis to fix this mess.

They're just doing Flashpoint to fix it.

"Superman was a symbol of hope."
-Justice League trailer

I NEVER got that feeling while watching any of the movies. It was just- just awful.

That is because these movie were written by someone who think like OP.

Who's the dude between Flash and Green Arrow there? Looks like a dude who stole Vixen's costume

Overrated blowhard. Th' Main Man is for bros who ain't total bastiches.

Darkseid is a beacon of hope in your sad miserable life

Trippy post, user

I'm glad I'm not the only one

He's a symbol of Randian hope.
Do what's best for you and your interests and things will work out.
Saving Ma and Lois had him kill Zod and Doomsday and that saved the world.

That's why they have to tell you he was a symbol of hope, because otherwise you would never reach that conclusion.

rule 63?

Agreed. It's everything I want out of a Superman run.

>hope will always triumph over despair
>denying the inevitable corruption of all this
>not realizing that great lord darkseid will fuck the universe up beyind belief so that it will reflect his perfectly cruel soul

I did. I actually love Cavillman, mostly because unlike every other incarnation of Superman, the world doesn't irrationally accept him as an immaculate hero that can operate internationally with absolutely no issues.
The world reacts to Superman much like the real world would react to what is essentially a friendly demigod: by freaking the fuck out, half of the people immediately trying to put a leash on him to avoid international clusterfucks, and the other half wanting to worship his cock like he's a God. And Superman just continues to try his absolute best in a completely thankless job. I legitimately think this Superman demonstrated the core values of the character in a way Donner Superman never did.

So much this. Superman truly is the greatest superhero of all. Only edgy try hards and batmanfags disagree. Not that there's a difference between the two.

Seniority is remembering that Superman always stomps Darkseid's overrated ass into the dirt in a no-holds-barred battle while having more trouble with Mongul or Brainiac or whoever.

Bronze Tiger

I want Superman to teach me to be a better person!

Who this guy? Looks like Thanos.

I think you're are inserting your depection of what Snyder is trying to do instead of what actually happens in the movies. Or maybe the writing isn't clear enough.

When you are merely a boy, you devote yourself to a side in the Superman/Darkseid debate. Once you realize the real choice is Lobo, that is when you have become a man.

user, in-universe I NEVER felt that he was a symbol of hope- only a symbol of controversy.

The only instances relevant to otherwise were the bit with the flood and probably a few counter-protestor signs. That's it. That's all that entire cinematic universe has to represent "Hope" and Superman.

>Not realizing that even Darkseid had good within him
>Not realizing it was someone else who sent him into his despair

Adulthood is realizing that Darkseid is not a Superman rogue.

Am i the only one that think darkseid has manifested himself in countless realities as the abrahamic god? The level of despair and depression i felt growing up in a strict catholic house reflected this, and the abrahamic gods followers bomb and terroize people almost every day, creating a society of fear and sadness, from which darkseid feeds off from.

>Childhood is when you idolize Superman. >When you embrace anti-life DARKSEID IS.

FIXED.

>IS

SAD

Childhood is when you think Superman is cool.
Adulthood is when you think Superman is great.

Childhood is idolizing batman
Adulthood is realizing superman makes more sense

What does Sup Forums think of my darkseid idol?