How to Train your Franchise

So the second movie was...could've been better. I mean it certainly didn't reach the standards the first one sent. But the SHOW- it's done more than anything the second movie could've.

Really curious to know how they're gonna remove ALLLLLL the dragons in the third movie (to explain why there aren't dragons around today).

>when the show shows both good and evil characters using smart strategies and tricks
das some gud shit
Not to mention how they expanded the twins characters

In the books the dragons all move high in the mountains, deep, deep under the sea, and just basically seclude themselves in hard to reach locations

the franchise would have been better if hiccup was a girl

The franchise would've been better if they stuck closer to the source material instead of creating a punch of pussy vikings and furfaggotry.
Also I'm pretty sure that Astrid shit could've been avoided because Camicazi is a far more enjoyable character.

So I have a question.

I liked the movies well enough, so I tried the show out in its early days.

The whole first season had the exact same plot every episode:
>Yay, we like dragons!
>Some bad thing happens
>People think it's the dragons
>Boo, we hate dragons!
>They prove it wasn't the dragons' fault
>The dragons save the day
>Yay, we like dragons!

IIRC, at least part of the second season was the same way.

Is it worth a watch? If so, at what point should I start?

It's stuck in a place where it's constantly avoiding doing anything that would impact on the plot of the movies.
Race to the Edge gets to exist after 2 has been made though, so it gets to spend a good portion of its time establishing stuff that'll happen in 2.

Don't kid yourself, Race to the Edge is crazy repetitive as well. "Character gets kidnapped and the others have to save them" is their go-to storyline. Either it's that or "we need [supplies] but [new dragon we don't know how to train] is guarding them!". You know it's especially bad when in the newest season almost every episode had some variation of "Don't you remember what happened last time [we did this exact plot]?!"

The second one is miles better than the first one.

>maybe if we talk to the mad warlord bent on conquering the world, he'll reconsider and be friends!

does the movies follow the books if so what the 3erd movie about

>except for those couple kaiju sized ones, most of the durgens' sizes ranged from cat to large dog
>durgens were trained and treated like a second breed of dog
>all of them spoke a pants-on-head retarded version of English that only hiccup bothered to understand
>toothless was a giant fucking cunt
the movies were better desu

>But the SHOW- it's done more than anything the second movie could've.
Fuck that. I watched the first two seasons and they were shit. Only reason I kept watching was in anticipation of the movie sequel. What a gross waste of time.
If the first movie was so great, why did they forego everything that worked and stooped to a lazy and hackneyed formula?

>Fuck that. I watched the first two seasons and they were shit.

Your taste is shit.

RTTE For me
i watch from first season Dragons: Riders of Berk
It's was Good really and i love RTTE but it's start get fail with every season and the only they keep push it is Hiccup and Astrid relationship LOL
let take the new season did we evert get
Heather X fishleg ?! it's like they push fishleg to stop Heather x Hiccup ...
the twins and the chiken ?! is thateven Funny the twinsact smart and wise ?! ..
and that big twist in the end LMAO

What a tweeeest! or The sleeper has awaken!

The movies are kind of a completely different thing from the books but when the first one came out they promised that at the very least the ending of the third movie would match the ending of the books.

I'm just glad Dagur was kept relevant and given him closure in the new season.

why is this fanchise so fucking underrated
its the best fantasy series since lotr and very few of my friends have seen it

I thought the 2nd movie was just as good as the first one, I don't know why some people didn't like it

Yeah, your shit taste is pretty funny.

>no u xD

Try watch trollhunters/ star wars rebels/lastman

Same problem as Iron Man 2, in a lot of ways: they had two halves of two decent movies and stuck them together.

what were those flightless dragons called again?

the ones that can run on water to compensate?