South Park

South park is back in just over 2 weeks.
Do you think they can make up for season 20 Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aQuS31JC2jg
youtube.com/watch?v=UWPM66e8oOg
dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4184050/South-Park-creators-mocking-Donald-Trump.html
youtube.com/watch?v=BDYqicHxR0A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes.

will they finally stop the whole SJW bullshit and make cartman like before? the joke did get old after season 19.

Season 20 started out okay but then steered into the weeds hard following the US election. There have been worse overall seasons though, such as Season 16 and arguably Season 12.

Jesus, almost forgot that this thing is exist. Season 20 was so boring.

Season 20 was worth it purely for this moment
youtube.com/watch?v=aQuS31JC2jg

If it's another overarching plot deal for this season I think I am gonna be done with the series for good

>Do you think they can make up for season 20 Sup Forums?

Absolutely.

Start by making Cartman an evil fucker again and getting sweet well deserved revenge

Whoever uploaded it ruined the moment by not keeping the start of the end credits, that's what really brings that scene together.
Anyone know why they started fucking about with ships so blatantly that season?

This means they're back to quick episodic plots instead of season long unresolved plots?

>Not mocking Trump

What else is there though?

He's been dominating the news cycle.

They sort of implied they were fed up with episodic near the end of s20
youtube.com/watch?v=UWPM66e8oOg

Episodes do not have to revolve around current news

Also every "comedian" and their mother make fun of Trump every night. I hope South park is done with it.

Not everything going on is about Trump. They even said they were done mocking him because it's not even funny at this point, I'm sure they'll find other topics to cover and if not, make great episodes that aren't completely topical.

Probably not, it's much easier and cheaper to make one episode, then 10.

Maybe to change it up? I don't know. I hope that Cartman does something that shows he was using Heidi because right now he's acting like fucking Butters, though at the end of the season it looks like it implies such a thing will happen so here's hoping.

dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4184050/South-Park-creators-mocking-Donald-Trump.html

Kill Kenny AT LEAST once an episode this season.

Seriously, when was last time we've seen him die? He didn't even appear at all last season.

It's been confirmed a while now that they are going back.

more importantly, do you think they can make up for the fractured but whole delay?

If it's twice as long as SoT, then yeah.

I have faith in them, yes.

Just no story arcs. Except maybe a three parter tying into Fractured But Whole. That'd be fine.

SoT also got delayed a lot though.

How much was it delayed?
FBW has been well over a year so far right?

Pokemon go was this massive thing that flooded the world during the few months before last season and everyone thought it was going tp be featured on the show somehow, but then fizzled out right before it with no mention of it, so I wonder what they'll do

Because they did a Pokemon Go episode before Pokemon Go even fucking existed, watch the show before spouting your retarded opinions

Screen cap this. I think the premiere is going to make fun of fans who didn't like season 20

S'true. Everytime someone asks, they say "We did that in 1999."

Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Which one? The Chinpokomon one ages ago? They also had at least 2 about movie remakes and remasters

Either that or they're gonna make fun of themselves

They were asked about Go and they said the Chinpokemon episode still covers anything they have to say.

i think season 20 is the only south park season i dropped because it was so awful and unfunny.

I just hope they go back to the previous format before season 20.

I didn't mind one episode leading to the next but like in season 19 but making a entire season based on one plot point was awful.

felt like they were doing that with making fun of people who wanted the old days back, I can't remember s20 that well but I'm sure that was a minor theme too.

the emoji analysis by heidi made me angry

What the fuck are you assholes crying about? Season 19 was fantastic especially because of the overarching plot line. Season 20 sucked dick because these two stupid race baiting dirty jew rats actually thought Hillary was going to win fucking up the rest of the season for them. Just watch, if they do another overarching season, it'll be great.

How much of the story would have really changed if Hillary won, I wonder?

But I disagree with you on the reasons season 20 sucked. 19 had overarching plotlines, but they still had episodes with their individual stories. But season 20 didn't have that variety, and a lot of plots wore out their welcome because they lasted so long.

Season 20 was worse. Season 12 and Season 16 had the advantage of still having great episodes like Major Boobage, Pandemic, Butterballs, and A Nightmare on Facetime. Every season until 20 had at least one good episode and one great episode. Season 20s episodes all ranged from meh to boring.

>Maybe a three parter tying into Fractured But Whole
I hope so too but I think they might pass on it since they already did the Coon Trilogy.

I don't see how they can do worse

I liked what they were doing with Season 18 and 19. They were stand alone episodes but they had consequences. Dare I say I think season 19 might be their best season since 8. I think they just pushed it a bit too far with Season 20 and realized it didn't work.

youtube.com/watch?v=BDYqicHxR0A

They said they're not doing political shit this season. That's already a massive improvement

What? Season 12 and 16 are infinitely better than Season 20. For one thing, they actually have jokes unique to each episode, rather than just reusing the same three jokes all season round.

I hope we don't get any randy or garrison episodes this season

Nah Matt Stone and Trey Parker both hated season 20

Yeah, this. Season 20 was a full-on 10-parter, rather than simply having continuity. And it suffered miserably because of it.

This. Its pretty evidently clear by the titles of the final two episodes, and kyle's speech at the church, that they were sick of it.

Besides the election episode, I found Season 16 to be perfectly solid. Its also the last season that had neither multi-parters or an overarching story.

I have a feeling we won't be seeing much of Garrison for a while.

You thought 16 was solid? I can't see it. Looking back I can make the argument for 12, but 16 is my least favorite season by a mile. Most of the episode premises were weak, with the sole exception of Nightmare on Facetime, and that one doesn't make up for awful episodes like Ziplining and Obama Wins.

But then I also thought the first four episodes of Season 20 were quite funny, whereas most don't seem to think there was one funny thing in the whole season nowadays.

>south park is 20 years old

What is awful about ziplining? I keep seeing this opinion on sites like reddit, but everytime I rewatch it, I'm still laughing.

The episode is good but that fucking live action bit ruins the whole thing

I personally really liked Reverse Cowgirl, Butterballs, Cartman Finds Loves, Sarcastaball, Insecurity, and Going Native.
I Should Never Have Gone Ziplining is severely underrated, IMO.

not really. it was pretty funny and clever. I guess you just like the same tired shit over and over.

I read that the New season will be more about the boys and will be episodic rather than 1 story for the whole season now, which is nice imo since the show went downhill for me when the boys started to get less screen time and when the plot would drag for the whole season.

>that fucking live action bit ruins the whole thing
The live-action part reminded me Season 3 if anything.

>Do you think they can make up for season 20 Sup Forums?
Matt and Trey owned up to fucking up by sucking up to news headlines and Trumphobia which redeems them in my eyes.
Whether 21 is good or not remains to be seen.

I see that you are enticed!

I like new shit, I just feel like the live action scene was sloppily put together

I wouldn't mind them keeping the continuity style from 18 and 19, and simply dropping the finales that "ties everything together" part.

>I just feel like the live action scene was sloppily put together

Thats kind of the joke, user. Have you not seen documentaries that include reenactment segments?

explain how you would have done it.

Be as condescending as you want but it was boring as fuck to me. I suppose that was the joke, that ziplining is boring, but that kind of humor is too meta for me.

I found most of those not terrible, but certainly mediocre compared to other seasons, and that wasn't enough to carry a weak premise like the Hawaii episode or the UPS one.

I feel like it's almost become a contrary meme to defend shoulda gone ziplining. Every time I bring it up these days people rush to its defense, whereas at the time it was released most people seemed to agree it was pretty dull and weak with the jokes. Makes me wonder if years from now people will do the same thing when I say S20 was mediocre at best.

I'm fucking retarded and the joke just hit me, thanks user.
See above post

>Makes me wonder if years from now people will do the same thing when I say S20 was mediocre at best.

Doubtful, considering its heavy reliance on very specific then relevant political events that became dated before the season was even over.

They say it's not funny anymore, but I honestly feel like we need South Park to satirize politics now more than ever. There's just so much sheer lunacy going on from the president's conduct to people saying antifa are heroes for beating the shit out of people, somebody needs to make fucking good biting political satire right now and too many people are going for the easy low hanging fruit. The last thing we need is "trump's hands he's an orange we all hate him haha" right now.

way to dodge the question.

I think they'll still be political. They're just likely not gonna bother with Trump jokes anymore.

virgin white knight angry fat boy 180ing for pussy and becoming a sjw makes sense to me
I wish they'd go back to separate stories though rather than the season long stories.

this is lauren palomo's favorite episode
cause she also has/had huge tits.

They should still satirize Trump, just in a way other than "look at this crazy idiot doing all this goofy shit" because fucking everyone is doing that. Satirize the actual actions he takes or people's reactions to him, not the personality himself.

He wasn't dodging the question you illiterate bastard, he was conceding the point after the joke was explained to him.

I'm not dodging the question. I would of made it animated but now that I understand the joke of the live action bit was to be badly made to simulate those survival shows I understand the point of it so now I wouldn't of made it any different.

Thats kinda what I meant.

I don't care. I'd still like to know how you would've done it.

I would of made it so the boys take the boat and go up a lake only to dock the boat and get off that the 10th zip line area

hey man can we have a quick chin wiggle

I was about to say "season 20 wasn't nearly as bad as you all say it was" but then I realised there aren't any episodes I'd choose to watch again. So maybe you cunts are right.

I listened to some recent podcasts that had Matt and Trey on and they have both said they prefer the old way of doing SP and will definitely be going back to that and Mr Garrison will be back and not as president. So everything is right with the world

jesus fuck do you people not read episode titles

I think serialization can be done correctly if they did it like season 19 where there was individual episodes but it carried things that happened in previous ones

>Emojis in the video title.

They said the most they will do for continuity would be like in season 19. This is good cause season 18 has a lot of callbacks for the sake of callbacks.

i know thats cool and all that they make each episode the week before airing it but i think they should have a couple episodes aready made before and make it not completely topical or about something thats not breaking news and will be topical for a long while

Why?

>Satirize the actual actions he takes or people's reactions to him, not the personality himself.

Trumps not doing anything wrong and I would honestly prefer not listening to another piece of media criticizing every second of his life every day.

South park has already called him a racist and killed him can we move on?

it felt out of place and pointless

I loved that episode, just about everything the boys were going through on that zip line tour happened on my family's hiking trip, there's always that one fucking asshole who has to ask pointless questions.

When I said end of s20, I meant that clip and also the two last titles.

it wasn't funny and seemed fucking dumb

>Trumps not doing anything wrong
Hue
>South park has already called him a racist and killed him can we move on?
You got a point there but did they really called him a racist ? I remember they explicitly called him via Garrison a "sick angry little man who [is] going to fuck the country beyond repair"

nice one, based user

Thanks friend

I agree, though I think Season 18 did it better. Season 19 felt like it was building up to something big, but just sort of fizzled out at the end.

>Season 19 felt like it was building up to something big, but just sort of fizzled out at the end.
Season 18 felt the same way to me

South Park has felt really mediocre on average after the early 2010s.

Was basing an entire season long plotline depend on the result of a election the dumbest thing Matt and Trey have done?

Second dumbest, first would be getting high on acid at the Oscars

Fuck that. Evil supervillain Cartman was a mistake. Turn him back into what he once was: that spoiled fat fuck we all knew as a kid.