What does Sup Forums think about reboots?

What does Sup Forums think about reboots?

I wish we got that PPG reboot instead.

Just like Duck Tales and whenever TTG wants to be good it can be done right

the movie looked terrible. but I could see something like flat/paper cutout style like that.

They're almost always boring and I think characters need to be allowed to be retired so as to make way for new characters to become popular.

Mickey Mouse and Looney Tunes are probably the few exceptions because you can treat those as experimental and hire crazy cartoonists to go nuts with it. But Scooby Doo or TMNT are always going to follow the same formula and "play it safe". Boring.

Ben, PPG, Ducktales, and TT have no real reason to be rebooted. Half of those you could replace with original characters and keep the writing and none would be the wiser.

>Ducktales
It's been a long, long time since the original, so fair game.
>PPG
Just barely old enough to be worth rebooting.
>Scooby and TMNT
They're basically horse cartoon for boys in that they get new iterations back to back to back so it's normal by now.
>Ben10 and TTGO
It is way too soon to be doing reboots. I think anything that was still on TV in the late 00s is too new to justify a reboot.

It all depends on a multitude of factors; respect towards the source material, passion of the staff involved in the reboot, QUALITY CONTROL, as well as decent writing and art direction.

Oh, and whether or not the network itself is invested in the promotion of the reboot. With CN and Nick, you're basically SoL if you're not TTG! or Spongebob, respectively. You'd have a better shot on Disney, Disney XD, or even Discovery Family.

You're in good hands if you've got all of the above points in your favor and you're a Netflix series, though.

/thread

>be animatorfag student back when PPG special was out
>saw nothing but improvement and something new, fresh and appealing
>everyone shat on it
>now talentless hacks make the reboot
Thx fags for your lack of taste

Tmnt and ducktales were pretty alright. The rest were shit. Revivals/sequels/reboots suck. Not even genndt could save the other half of samurai jack.

Did that PPG special get some sort of repeat airing or something? Why is it getting discussed again if nothing special happened? It's not old enough to garner nostalgia.

basically they're official fan fiction

I get the feeling that whoever designed those Scooby doo characters has only ever had the human form vaguely described to them in a language they only partially understand.

They look like Seth Macfarlane characters, which is partially what makes them unappealing in that it doesn't match the tone of Scooby Doo at all.

Some are good, some aren't, DT looks promising.

is freddie masturbating?

Ttg is not really a reboot.
Arguably neither are tmnt and spongbob

Corporate financial motivation is behind every reboot. That doesn't preclude the reboot from being good, but it's not the best place to start.

Once in a while you get something like Mystery Inc that really distinguishes itself by adding more to the canon than it takes, but it's the exception rather than the rule.

singles out BCSD as barely human

not complaining about the one above it.

You picked some weird choices for that image.
But anyway.
PPG Special the reboot we never got was okay the one we did get is coasting off the latest trend of slap stick over substance.
Haven't seen the Ducktales reboot yet. It feels like it inherited the spirit of Gravity Falls and I'm okay with that.
Be Cool Scooby Doo was a fresh take on the show not as fresh as Mystery Inc but still promising. It was goofy fun but not overly obnoxious like TTG.
TTG can just...
TMNT will forever be rebooted, remade, reworked, and so on because it's easy to do what ever you want with it. But, during the TMNT summer shorts they introduced TMNT Team Up which was teeming with TTG tier non-sequitur lol so randumb shit.
No matter how many time they do it no reboot of Ben 10 will hold up to the first series.

The Power Puff reboot was mediocre, I'm excited about Duck Tales, Scooby Doo is a franchise built on reboots, TTG sucks, there are plenty of decent TMNT reboots, and Ben 10's subsequent series have been fine.

>Putting in the Original TMNT in their CGi Design from that Crossover Episode with The 2012 TMNT

OP, That's cheating

The 87 turtles look horrifying in 3d.

I don't hate the Ben 10 reboot, but it's boring and ugly. I wish we got a sequel to Omniverse, instead of this. I know continuity's gotten way too unruly, but that show was popular, and it had a good premise for the sequel.

Scooby Doo altered the formula drastically with Mystery Inc, to be fair. And a lot of smaller series had different premises, with varying degrees of (no) success.

TTG is not a reboot, It's a parody...Why is that so hard for people to grasp?

Sometimes you get the perfect warrior via mlp

Sometimes you get abominations like TT:GO and current power puff girls.

There's a forumla for this somewhere we haven't cracked just yet. I beleive it has something to do with of; Waifu^x(Character design) Divided by voice actor and then you take that then multiply it by story telling divided by audience interpretation.

I'm still working out episodic vs continuation format. I believe the answer can maybe be found in comparisons of how many iterations we've seen Ben 10 have but we're just no there yet.

>that bottom left
what happened to the one that they were already making that was really good? this just looks atrocious

sometimes fun/necessary
>ttg
>duck tales
but usually terrible or mediocre copy cats
>ppg
>whats cool scooby doo
>ben ten

Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad.

>TMNT

wtf happen to the nick reboot one?

of the following in OP's pic:

>nuPGG
A slow-drip trainwreck. I mean, the first few episodes were forgettable, but it got even worse as things went on. Bad PR, miscommunication between departments, and what's more we have potential self-insert OCs running rampant.

> Ducktales
A good look at what a successful and entertaining reboot can be. It respects its audience both young and old.

> Scooby Doo
Not the worst, but overall kind of bland in comparison to the amazing love-letter that was Mystery Incorporated.

> TTG!
Started out weak, became incredibly bad and uninspired as the series goes on. Oversaturation on the channel is also a major problem. Worse than what spongebob did to Nickelodeon.

>TMNT 2012 (?)
Unless there's yet another new show ape-ing the 80s even more, but I doubt it.

The 2012 show has had some ups and downs but I liked it overall. It tries to pull from the better elements of its previous incarnations. I dare say a good runner up to the Ducktales reboot.

> Ben 10
Hardly what I'd call a reboot. To me it's inconspicuous enough to constitute as just another early life Ben 10's summer adventures. Nothing more.

those are just "other demention" characters crossed over from the 80's show

The ppg's arent human

oh yeah i remember this episode

this is just further proof that anyone but CN can make a good reboot

TTG? Name your favourite episodes

Brother user, I will need some sauce for that tasty image you just posted.

>TMNT Team Up
I have a feeling this will become a full on show