What did Mike Mignola mean by this?

What did Mike Mignola mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XFYWazblaUA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What about the white chick who became a greasy looking black chick, though?

At least he's JK Rowling.

Bitch flip flops on everything and people praise her like the second coming of Jesus.

Why's a white guy writing Asian characters in the first place? It's not his place to appropriate whatever culture he feels like.

Here's a better question: WHY DID THESE SJWS LITERAL FAGGOTS NOT CARE WHEN THEY TURNED THE ASIAN DUDE FROM IRON FIST INTO A WHITE BITCH?

not*

They did care, but the reasons were "muh China" so...

Because they don't actually read comics

Iron Fist was always white..

Going by "white bitch," that user mixed up Iron Fist with the Ancient One from Dr. Strange.

Why did Sup Forums praise Michelle Rodriquez when she said she'd never play Green Lantern because Green Lantern is a white man? Why do they hate actors standing up for comics accuracy now?

In that case tons of people complained about it.

You yourself don't care enough to know the characters name or even where he's really from.

assume they either mean, "alexandra". Sigourney weaver. who was created for the show. But still begs the question what a white women as doing in Kun lun as an elder..

Or... means The ancient one from Dr. strange.

I'm just going to stop coming to Sup Forums so I can enjoy things and not have twitter screencaps warp my perception of people by seeing them engage petty shit like this.

Time for a "people who don't read Hellboy bitch about casting choices" thread

Right, see you in the next Twitter thread, user.

Can we replace Chris Roberson with a better writer too?

Probably because that was before racebending. There's literally no problem with black people in comic book movies except for some racists but just fucking make them from scratch. Racebending is shitty.

What are you talking about?? They DID care.

It's called lying, a lot of people do it here

>Sup Forums is turning on Mike fucking Mignola because he's not Sup Forums
I've never been more disappointed in Sup Forums and more proud of Mignola

Don't worry, none of these people read his work anyway

>There's literally no problem with black people in comic book movies except for some racists but just fucking make them from scratch. Racebending is shitty.
This.

I don't know who Matt Murdog is, but they sound like a real piece of shit.

Because diverse means black, sometimes asian, and other races only if it's trendy, like when they bitch about the Washington Redskins every few years.

>A person in the comic industry is pretty liberal

How many fucking times do you people need it to happen before you pick up on a pattern and stop being shocked every time?

I'm more upset by people shitting on Mike for "letting it go this far".

I don't see people turning on him in this thread.

What's this about a Hellboy reboot?
All I'm getting is this whitewashing "controversy".

Mignola can't be more vocal when he's choking on lions gate money!

I'm usually very apathic to shot like this but this case does annoy me for two reasons:

1. Stupid twitter sjws are using it as another argument against Finn Jones quiting the Danny Rand tole. YES. AGAIN!

2. If it was the reverse, and Zasie, Elba or Tessa were leaving the Domino, Heimdall or Valkyrie roles, you can't bet your ass everyone would be bitching instead of celebrating shit

How do you actually whitewash Hellboy?

I am confused. Someone explain it to me.

Eh, standalone (supposedly animated, but they've been weirdly contradictory about that) reboot without Perlman or Del Toro, currently still in pre-production.

They casted a white person to play an Asian dude. Where exactly are you having trouble?

>that
>whitewashing
fucking lmao

Too bad the biggest problem in the movie still exists

>another redhead

Half-asian.

Which makes me wonder if the uninformed public would have had a problem if it had been Keanu Reeves. That would have been fantastic.

Even playing devil's advocate, I doubt it's impossible for them to find a redhead with freckles who can act.

No one casted in this production is a good actor anyway

Guess they're treating Hellboy as a pump 'n dump license.

You know if you think about it; if an Asian's biggest problem is representation in media, they must be doing pretty good for themselves as a whole.

>Ian McShane

redheads are less than 1% of america's population

so?

More white actors should step down from roles meant for non-white actor

And frankly they should step down from roles meant for white actors so non-white actors get a chance to really shine

It was because he was a villain.

So they should be given protected minority status.

Nice bait mate.

that means very very few redheaded actors who can actually act

Just hire Australians then, Hollywood is full of them anyway.

But they're white.

If they were an animal species, they'd be the target of an international preservation campaign.

Agreed but everyone here will call that bait, since Sup Forums has engulfed the whole site

Is it okay if I complain that this whole thing just makes me nervous the movie is infected by politics from the outset and won't be nearly as good as the other two?

Yes Sup Forums it's bait I'm actually a Nazianz just like you I'm just falseflagging as someone who actually cares about people of color and thinks they deserve more than just stereotypical roles

But the problem is, they're white. I mean, if they were PoC and had red hair, I'd agree with you.

If it's gonna be bad it sure as he'll won't be because Alice is black and Daimio is played by a Japanese guy

Why agreed? It makes no sense and it goes against racial equality.

Good to hear you love coloured people and want to make sure they need assistance to get what they want like the children they are.

WHITE MAN'S BURDEN
WHITE MAN'S BURDEN

Whites unselfishly sacrificing themselves for the good of the negro. Kipling would be proud.

>everything that goes against my world view Sup Forums
okay tumblr. I don't go to Sup Forums and you're being retarded.

I think they're symptoms or signs, though. To me, the cast and crew of the movie care more about politics than about the movie itself. I have not seen one thing about the actual movie aside from """controversy""" over cast races. That does not bode well.

It has no ron pearlman or de toro it's shit. Just pretend it doesn't exist.

>no toro
fucking dropped.

fuck off gook.

Pearlman is overrated as Hellboy and Del Toro hasn't done a good movie in a decade.

The animated movies that Galloway worked on were pretty good.

I think it's fine that fans wanted a guy of Asian descent like the comic and the actor was a cool enough guy to acknowledge that race is an important trait for a character. The problem lies in how only whites are held accountable for this kind of thing.

Bitching is louder, everyone was happy with David Harbour and Ian McShane, indifferent to Mila Jovovich. Some minor plot details leaked. But you know, it's easier to get people who have no interest in the series to bitch about characters they've never heard of if you make it all racial.

disapointed in someone that will never know you or care about you?
Who gives a shit?

Anyway Sup Forums has always been Sup Forums
It's just the truth gets stifled by fay, annoying voices.

I'll acknowledge that I liked the movie more than most people, but are you really going to claim that the film wasn't even "pretty good"?

I highly doubt there's a single actual fan of Hellboy who gave a shit about the actor's race.

I think Mike Mignola is probably a fan of his own work.

And the movie's writer called the SJWs out by name, saying that they didn't know what the fuck they were talking about

If the Ancient one was:
-Tibetan, China would freak out
-Chinese, Tibet would freak out
-Japanese/Korean, they would complain about interchangeable Asians
-Vietnamese/Indian/Mongol, more so, even though everyone forgets that they are also Asian

So they went with an EXCELLENT actress who looks like a fucking alien, and applied for feminist points by making possibly the most powerful character in the MCU a woman.

>Sup Forums has always been Sup Forums
As someone who's been here for over a decade, that's hilariously false. We're the most self-consciously un-manly board on the whole of Sup Forums.

>We
I don't really believe you've been here for a decade.

I gave a shit about it.

Which is why I don't like the racebent Negress and David Harbour being fucking Hellboy.

David Barbour is a fucking horrible choice. He sounds like a fruit.

>Del Toro hasn't done a good movie in a decade

Don't worry, he's getting right back on track

youtube.com/watch?v=XFYWazblaUA

I love how it's literally Abe Sapien the Movie.

Can we get an actually white actress to play Alice, then?

Like, i'm not usually one to bitch about race changes in movies, but this one is a definite instance where a black actress doesn't make sense.

The character is known for being Irish from the late '50s, and eventually becomes the fae guardian of England. Her whole character is being heavily tied into British Isles mythology.

She should be white.

Yeah. They told him he couldn't do Hellboy and that they were going to reboot it with a different director, so he went off and did a backdoor "Not Abe Sapien" movie for Fox instead.

And judging by both the trailer and my prior knowledge about the love Del Taco has for that kind of character, I think it's going to be great and will probably blow Blood Queen out of the water.

The actress is half-white, mom's a kiwi.

So how does that make her a very Irish trope?

I mean not to be funny, but the Fae would probably be pretty particular about something like that.

>un-manly board on the whole of Sup Forums
It's a toss-up between /toy/, /y/ and /r9k/, retard. /y/ would probably be the unmanliest by virtue of its veterancy.

That doesn't really change the issue that Allice Monoghan literally becomes the Fae Guardian of England. And the entire idea of Prophecy and Bloodlines of the fae being a very English Mythos.

Honestly? This is like casting a White guy as Black Panther. It is LITERALLY interrupting the Mythos.

>Forgetting /cgl/
If you discount /toy/s doll threads, /cgl/ easily has the highest female population on the board.

Del Toro just has a hard on for the Creature from the Black Lagoon and when he hits an idea he likes he'll use it a bunch of times.

Just look at how much of his vampire ideas are recycled through Cronos, Blade 2 and the Strain.

Son, I came here from Sup Forums when Sup Forums was barely a year old. I remember the days of Kosh's stupid rp-fagging and AtlA threads taking up the entire front page and Freehaven's furry bullshit and "Sup Forums is love" and that time we were blamed for crashing the site during a cooperative GET invasion with /m/ and MSPanon's weird fetishy speed requests and that time Warren Ellis did a Q&A and the glory days of /rs/ when any comic you could ever want was instantly available in CBR format without ever leaving the site and the rise/fall of plus4chan and Dave's Bleeding Cunt and /an/'s attempt to invade us by sending two guys with puppy pictures to "flood" the board and that time we were all fucked when the Hulk got back.

I didn't fight in the Homestuck and MLP wars so young ingrates like you could tell me what's what, I tell you what. Hrumph.

...but yeah, I suppose the influences of Sup Forums and Sup Forums have changed Sup Forums. We no longer have any sort of female userbase, for one thing.

>Empathic kind-hearted Deep One

Pretty much is Abe user.

Yeah, it's true. I'm just excited to see what he'll do now that he's been given a movie that'll focus solely on his beloved Fish Man.

Dude was too young for Daimio anyway.

I'm saying it's not like he just wants to make an Abe Sapien movie to stick it to anyone. He's just "holy shit I love making movies about weird fishmen".

>Sup Forums
>manly
They've forgotten the face of their fathers.

>we

/cgl/ used to be the board where dudes would post shit to try to spot upskirts or panty shots, nip slips, sideboob, or anything else that they could fap to. Like most of the site, it's been infiltrated by betafag white knights who think defending virtual characters that in so doing will give them pity sex points to somehow trade with a tangible female.

Sup Forums is love was a brotherhood bond, not because somehow loving someone is "unmanly" you underage fuck.

Ed skrein is not half Asian.

if it's an animated movie then I don't get these casting choices mattering at all. This movie seems like something to keep the rights rather than a labor of love. Say what you will about del toro but he made it because he liked the material.

Why does it matter when they don't even care what kind of asian it is? It may surprise people but asians aren't interchangeable.

I personally think that it's a little bit of both desu, at least on some level. Abe was clearly his favorite in the Hellboy movies, due to his love of Black Lagoon-esque characters, and he probably had a bunch of ideas while working on those movies. When he got the boot, he probably just said "Fuck it" and reworked them into their own thing.

I don't necessarily think it was a spite kind of thing so much as it was a "I'm gonna make a bootleg Abe Sapien movie because I can get away with it."

I highly doubt you can speak for hellboy fans.