So now that RYV is getting a new creative team...

So now that RYV is getting a new creative team, can we all firmly agree that DeFalco is a better writer than Conway and they should've just brought back Mayday instead

Other urls found in this thread:

theswervemagazine.com/Spider-Girl___Ron_Frenz.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There's no need to create tensions between Mayday and RYV fans since we can all agree we hate Quesada

>Spiderman with tits.

More buttshots.

I liked Spidergirl sure enough but towards the end things just started getting really dumb.

Unless they got DeFalco to write the new series, no.

This

Just like ASM
Damn...

if OMD didnt happen she would work very well with Marvel's thing. you have old spider man, but spider girl is your diverse teenage character running around with the Champions

I hate you for making me want this.
We could have gotten an old & mature Peter Parker and a wild teenager Mayday

They would have fuck Miles and you know it.

Yep this.

Funny that you think Conway was doing anything more than plot outlines outside of the first issue or maybe first arc.

Spider-Girl's alright but I also think it's horribly overrated because it was a decent book at a time where the main Spider-Man books were garbage. The series lacked in any good villains and after a point it basically just went because Marvel couldn't kill it no matter how much they tried.

The best issue of the entire series (including Amazing/Spectacular) is the one McKeever wrote anyway.

Why not both user? Having May and Annie together as sisters?

RYV was a SW mini that got popular enough to get it's own comic. They didn't want to use Mayday because Marvel is really REALLY set on keeping OMD canon. I'm sure DeFalco is really sour on Marvel and vice versa because of Spiderverse. That was a shit show that didn't need to happen and shows how little respect Slott has for other writers.

I prefer Spider-man to be a single independent man.

t. Quesada

>Over 100 issues solo the most successful female solo marvel ever had
>no major cross overs no events
>Just a good solid book
>Get's ignored if she's not getting shit on but lets make sure to push gwen some more

This

This

hell yeah

Needs the Spider-Mobile in the background.

I want this.

I need pictures of Spider-Girls now!

Missing the best sister of them all

The problem is that Marvel already has little-older sister dynamic in the new Wolverine with Laura and Gaby

But Laura's shit

But Anime exists because Scott was being a can't to begin with.

>there will never be a Spider-Girl and Spiderling on going
>DeFalco and Conway will never write this shit
>Mayday and Annie-May will never meet each other
>Marvel will continue to do everything in their power to make sure these girls will never be relevant
>Peter will never get to come home and hug his kid after a long day of work/heroing because of Quesada

Why does it hurt Sup Forums?

The whole Goblin God thing was just retarded.

>The series lacked in any good villains
You can say that about anything female-led.

I agree. We were this close to the best end the series could ever have.

> any good villains.

In hindsight, the greatest one was the final boss in volume 1.

damn, now I'm sad. Why even live

>Those bighuge laser-canons on Hobgoblin's arms
For vvhat purpose?

Obviously, but RYV was fun.

That said I hope current Marvel doesn't touch Mayday.

I hated the fact that we never got to see Peter, Mayday, and MJ learn about Darkdevil being Ben Reilly's son.

Or Mayday knowing about Kaine Being her father's clone.

Hell she didn't even know Ben was her dad's clone.

Yeah I always wanted those relationships to be explored
(the captcha just made me select an RV as a bus)

It was the future, but also the 90s.

He was taking on the every street hero in New York that wanted to put an end to his reign as underworld boss.

I liked Nobody and Hobgoblin but yeah I feel like most of the good stuff came from the conflicts said villains created than the villains themselves.

The crime lord arc was good too.

Roderick made a good foil for Mayday, I liked him as her villain.

Too bad he died in a incredibly lame way.

> lame.

You're forgetting something user. By following the Clone Saga that means Roddy has the same healing factor that stormin Norman did that made him survive.

He ain't dead.

I mean, Hobgoblin's serum is a tweaked version of Norman's. Who knows what differences are there beyond physical strength.
Would be nice to see a confirmation of Roderick having a healing factor, though.

We just got a Tobey Maguire joke from it, also jokes with Mayday thinking Reilly is cute and people going "He looks like your dad" and then Mayday being grossed out.

But yeah we needed that relationship to be explored and for Reilly to be part of the family, especially since Darkdevil and Spider-Girl had developed a sibling type of relationship.

However the Mayday from Spiderverse refers to Darkdevil as a cousin during DeFalco's Secret Wars Spider-Island backup.

Yeah too bad we're never going to find out Unless Marvel lets Defalco write something special for Mayday's 20th Anniversary in February but i doubt they will

Same exact serum, but no madness. Kingsley's shown to have a recovery time given what happened at the end of Vol. 1 and then Vol. 2.

Fuck can someone ask DeFalco if he can continue writing Mayday?

It's weird irony how DC/Marvel had the best female characters during the late 90s then dumped them for new hot/freshness. Yet here we are. Lingering about still caring about them both years after the fact.

>those perfect teardrop tits

Oh please, Lord, let me get my hands on a pair that look that good.

What about Normie?

They already are. They're aging her up with the new creative team

that's 90s alright

Anime Parker is not Mayday

Shit villain but good character and good supporting cast.

Spider-Girl a best girl

Good. I want Mayday and her run to be completley ignored as I don't trust modern Marvel with a single plot line these days and the last thing I would want is for them to dig up best universe and fuck it with their uncontrollable need to wreck everything good.

You mean like how Slott killed MC2 Peter and made Mayday a cunt during Spider-Verse

Didn't her creators actually say that wasn't the real Mayday just another universe's Mayday?

yeah but Slott damage controlled and said it actually was the real Mayday so it's obvious who the more trustworthy one is

I'd like to also point out that sales on ASM started sliding downward after Spider-Verse.

Last time they brought Mayday back it was just to take a shit on her.

Why the fuck would you want a Marvel character you like to appear more?
The best thing that can happen to them is to fall into total obscurity.

I got super lucky when Marvel Adventures Spider-Man was one of the few they forget during Spider-Verse.

>yeah but Slott damage controlled

I literally do not take anything he says as fact for anything. If the creators say that wasn't Mayday, then it wasn't as far as I'm concerned.

Mayday wouldve gotten BLACKED

How can Normie compete with Miles?

I just want three or four omnibuses for Marvel's best girl ever

Normie will come out as gay

REEEEEEE

Normie and Sam gay sex when?

As far as Im concerned MC2 is main line cannon.

>If the creators say that wasn't Mayday, then it wasn't as far as I'm concerned.
source on this, though?

Normie was a good character BECAUSE he was a shit villain. Any shit hero can blast a bad guy with an OP venom blast, any cool teen girl can make a lame zinger or pop culture reference. Only Mayday could have saved her enemy's soul.

theswervemagazine.com/Spider-Girl___Ron_Frenz.html

What gets me is just how aggressive slot was about the whole thing. He didn't even have any big plans for her, all he had her do was not murder someone in revenge of the course of a panel, so it didn't matter if she was MC2 or MC2-B. Really what was the big payoff? A pig told her he was proud.

Yeah, there was absolutely nothing of value Slott brought to the table for this. "MC2 Peter is dead.... BUT SPIDER-UNCLE BEN IS NOW IN MAYDAY'S EARTH!" And then he got killed off too, though not by Slott.

This is such a fucking disgrace that it needs to be called out more.

He did? When?