New WoW cinematic. Illidan's a dick

New WoW cinematic. Illidan's a dick.

youtube.com/watch?v=y962Ss46oS0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ysRqfZPvijE
youtube.com/watch?v=ATg67eE7uL0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

People thought Metzen was bad but WoW is now officially teenage fanfic tier.

Fucking hell what a garbage expansion. Can't believe people think Legion is better than WoD.

Illidan has always been a dick. The fanboys were the only ones trying to make it seem like he was misunderstood.

youtube.com/watch?v=ysRqfZPvijE

Look at this shit eating grin

buuuurp there is no god Khadgar

>assholes trying to fuck over Illidan again
>lel Ilidan is a dick xD

>When you side with the demon
...never played wow, but purple demon dude was right

> "We must save ourselves"

Yeah okay thanks for the after school special speech Illidan but we're literally fighting technically unkillable demons from another dimension, can you PLEASE just take one for the team on this one just so our entire planet isn't obliterated?

It was, but being better than WoD just isn't saying that much.

That faux profound tone annoys the fuck out of me. They need a sound director with a sense of hearing.

>can you PLEASE just take one for the team... again and we'll uh... we'll just go fuck your wife or something.

>wife
Cuckidan's in love with his brother's wife, who has never ever let him touch her.
He's basically got no reason to live other than "muh legion."

The whole point of his character is that he was right. You people are stupid.
>fucked over forever
>betrayed nonstop
>actually hits back
Wow Illidan is such a dick! XD

We're not fanboys, but you are idiots.

Illidan just murdered a Naaru. Why isn't every draenei on that ship clamoring for a piece of his head? They basically, if not literally, worship the Naaru. Did they do something in this expansion to make them into bad guys all of a sudden? Or is this just a stupid "Illidan is just TOO COOL to serve the light" sort of thing?

Malfurion is a piece of shit though

Does Illidans happiness take precedence over the entire war and potentially the fate of the planet AND the universe?

Go back to the 1800s when it was okay to own another person's life.

His brother went in knowing that Illidan loved her. He has been nonstop fucked over the entire time. It's completely fair to fight back.

People like you guys are why the world is fucked up.

the draenei probably realize that infighting is the last thing they need right now while assaulting the legion's homeworld

they probably couldn't take out illidan anyway at his current power level

Point was that THIS was not the time to hit back, this was him refusing a god given power up because he's uncomfortable with it and has some retarded notion that they'll be able to defeat these unkillable other-dimension bound demons alone.

Illidan will never shut up about he's willing to sacrifice EVERYTHING to beat the Legion, but now suddenly this is a step too far.

>"I would do anything for Azeroth, but I won't do that."

It just proves all his pretentious shit about doing it for other people is a convenient lie. He's every bit the power-hungry dickhead everyone thinks he is.

Underrated af

They will win anyway.

> His brother went in knowing that Illidan loved her

So what was Malfurion meant to do, just leave her alone so that BOTH he and Illidan can be miserable?

Only it doesn't, none of what you said is in the least bit correct.

Sure but that's going to take even dumber plot conveniences/asspulls than even this was.

He could have stepped aside for his brother's happiness. He could have not betrayed Illidan after that. He could have forgiven and protected him after that.

Malfurion, the true villain of Warcraft.

That has no bearing on our discussion. It just proves you wrong. Deal with it.

He wasn't just giving up his power, it was erasing his entire being up to then. Jesus, pay attention.

> Yeah bro don't try to get with this girl you deeply love ((and who likes you back)) because I love her too, just let me have her. Why? Haha, cuz I asked! Or, hey, neither of us could have her and we'd both be miserable, how's that sound?

Cool. Nice flip-flopping. When Illidan is the only one who can sacrifice anything. Gotcha bud. Good logic, kid.

On another note, explain why he betrayed him twice for no reason after that? Illidan was right about the well and almost everything else.

So you'd prefer an even dumber asspull than this was to justify the good guys winning rather than at least something even a little less stupid? Just so that special snowflake Illidan can get his way and keep being edgy?

> Nice flip flopping

What? All I said from the start is that it's stupid to expect Malfurion to give up on Tyrande just because Illidan liked her too.

You're arguing bad writing. You are too stupid to understand what I was even disagreeing with you on. I was pointing out you are wrong according to the story structure.

If you want to fix Blizzard's dumb writing you should go back 15 years or so. You're bringing up a plot unrelated to me proving you wrong, because I already proved you wrong. Shut up and sit down.

Why Is Illidan alive?

I haven't been invovled in Warcraft shit since more than a decade

>tfw the person you are talking to has no reading comprehension
Okay bud.

I'm not arguing against you saying Blizzard has bad writing, that's fact, I'm saying it's retarded to be okay with the fact that they're just making it worse so that Illidan can get more edgy spotlight time.

We did all the legwork of assembling his soul and recovering his body.

All Illidan's really done since then is killsteal Gul'dan and open a portal to Argus after we took down KJ.

Illidan's been a dick this whole expansion. I love the end of this cinematic when Khadgar just turns to him like "you are such a dick"

youtube.com/watch?v=ATg67eE7uL0

Please point me to where I went off topic and started talking about anything other than Malfurions/Illidans relationship with Tyrande.

>originally guy who just sought power
>Is given magical Christ destiny in addition to the amount of power he already has
>denies the new Christ status
>will probably still be a Christ figure through convoluted bullshit despite this

Well geez Wilkers it's almost as though they could have forgone that whole arc of making him the new Anakin Skywalker and instead focus on Ilidan as he used to be with a redemption that would actually have been a redemption to a character that never really needed a redemption.

It literally doesn't matter whether it gets worse, because it's never going to stop getting worse. It's a moot point. Like I said, travel back in time if you want to fix it.

To be fair, pretty much his whole life has consisted of taking one for the team and getting shit on for it. There's a reason they flashbacked to the eye deal, Xe'ra was pulling the same thing with a different flavor of cosmic juice and no pretense of a choice. She wasn't just going to undo his demon mutations, she was going to mutate him into something else and enslave him.

>Illidan "I got cucked by a purple man" Stormrage

I'm pretty sure they did this because people got pissed Xera (this Naaru) was fangirling Illidan and being all like "OHHH HE'S THE LIGHT'S CHOSEN." when that totally was against his character. Illidan doing this is them realizing both fans and haters of Illidan didn't want him to be light infused chosen one.

Tyrande choose Malfurion over Ilidan.

>by a purple man
He's purple too motherfucker

>that shittalking velen
Velen is totally going to do evil shit and be like
>it's for the greater good, my vision told me
right?

Tyrande chose Malfurion, not Illidan. You're acting like she had no say in the matter.
fucking Illidan apologists everywhere, I swear to god

>He's purple too
The plot is getting intense

So what? Is Illidan going to make more stupid decisions now?
Is the Army of Light completely fucked?

How many demons are gonna die their final deaths? I want to pick their pockets first.

>woman
>having a say in marriage
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Illidan is the avatar of the playerbase. He died, clearly, twice, but came back, again and again, because the people love him.
All he does is kill stuff -like the players- but he's the chosen one of goodness.

He'll prevail against all odds and reason, simply by being an irrational, angry, petty, never-letting go dickhead.
Because, he's the wowplayer who doesn't leave, no matter how shitty the game is made.

the reason demons keep "reforming" after death is that sargeras and the eredar corrupted and enslaved argus' worldsoul and are using its power to do that.

We're gonna kill it. So demon deaths are gonna be permanent.

wait, wait, argus had a worldsoul? Is that confirmed? Why didn't it turn into a dark titan?

The new lore seems to be you kill a demon, it goes back to the nether and reforms. Very slowly. But Argus speeds up this process. So once we kill him there'll still be demons and they'll still respawn but it won't be very often and we won't have to worry about INFINITE ARMY.

aren't worldsouls supposed to be baby titans?

i thought demons only died for good when you kill then in the nether?

is Sargares still a formless ball of energy in the nether?

where are my void lords Blizzard?

Blizzard said before they brought him back the first time that they always meant for him to not die at the end of TFT but they ran out of time to do the final cinematic (and it really showed, their in-engine cutscene fight was terrible).

No idea why they brought him back the second time other than being the Darth Maul of the series.

Can I have Orc Jesus back?

Demon Jesus is too edgy and dumb for me.

yes argus has a worldsoul, confirmed, and that worldsoul is the boss of the next raid. It would have become a titan but Sargeras and the Eredar got to it and bent it to their will, and are using its power. So we're going to kill a planet boys.

>Everyone who has a proeminent role in a WoW expac is a Jesus allegory: a book by people who can't enjoy anything
IT WAS THE SAME SHIT WITH THRALL
EVERYONE IS SPACE JESUS TO YOU
GO FUCK YOURSELVES

Illidan is a demon(basically). He can't die.

Though he might finally after the players do what ever it is on Argus.

>Can I have Orc Jesus back?
Go away, Metzen.

nevermind, I checked. Argus, the titan, is a boss in an upcoming raid, along with corrupted former titans.

Do we know why demons rez in the nether?

demons are from the nether originally.

we're basically just killing avatars.

>aren't worldsouls supposed to be baby titans?
yes, but can be corrupted before they mature. Old gods did it to Azeroth, and Sargeras did it to Argus.

That's probably why Sargeras chose Argus as the founding point for the burning legion. All mages get their power by siphoning it from worldsouls. Mages on azeroth get it from Azeroth, and the eredar got it from Argus, which is why they were such powerful mages and what led Sargeras to them.

That's actually why the burning legion is "drawn" to worlds with magic users, and why using magic can alert them to your world. If your world has magic, it has a worldsoul, and the goal of the burning crusade is to destroy all worldsouls

Refusing this powerup makes all his other sacrifices completely irrelevant. Morals are no good to dead men.

>demons are nether-Sup Forums folk, playing an mmorpg with the "demons" we fight being their game avatars

WoW's story feels like that 4 million word Smash Bros fanfic that just keeps on going

>All mages get their power by siphoning it from worldsouls
Goddammit, Blizzard.

>It's a 'the force of good and light is actually evil and the antiestablishment rebels are totally right' episode

People still play WoW? I haven't even thought of that game since Wrath of the Lich King. Man the game has got to be Weekend at Bernie's tier dead at this point.

I played about half of Legion and slowly dropped out of doing everything because they decided to absurdly ratchet up the time commitment for high-level play as well as making the best items in the game subject to what is essentially a lottery.

it got pretty dead in warlords, but this expansion brought a ton of people back for some reason.

because of illidan

> Talking N'aaru.
> Burning Legion with spaceships.

Did the writers not play World of Warcraft before?

N'aaru make melodic sounds that somehow form words in your mind, not actually speak to you.

What? Illidan did nothing wrong.
Forcing power on someone and reshaping them against their will is the kind of shit The Legion does.

And he's also right about thay shitty, overplayed Chosen One trope. Fuck it. It's lame.

The speaking-without-speaking is fine for gameplay, but doesn't work at all for cutscenes.

this naaru is different, she was the Prime naaru, the progenitor of all naaru and (since Sargeras thwacked all the other titans) the closest thing the Warcraft universe has to God

And Illidan just shattered her. Nice going hero.

mages don't do it on purpose, they just figure magical leylines and fonts of power (like the well of eternity, sunwell or nightwell) are just naturally occurring resources that they can tap into

Turns out that was all just Azeroth's blood the whole time

Draenor has no world soul and still has ogre mages.
Magic's way more powerful when you're ripping off Titan power but a world soul isn't necessary. It's even said world souls are so rare the Titans were hunting for eons before they found Azeroth. Argus is probably literally the only other one in existence.

Why are there ogres on every planet?

They're like onions.

No means no, Xe'ra!

Men can't be raped by women tho

How is Naaru a woman?

If you have a brother, I'm sure he hates you.

The voice

I always liked Illidan because he's such a dumb edgelord and it's hilarious to watch him fumble and fuck up

Wait, Metzen actually listened for once that you can't just "redeem" a character by giving them light-based powers instead of fel-based ones? Well, kudos to him.

I do wonder about the whole "evil authority Naaru" vibe from this. There were hints back in TBC that the Naaru were as orthodox in their worship as the Scarlet Crusade. Glad to see that followed, but probably need more examples of light-based villains later on.

Will you shut up already? Being made to penetrate is as much rape as penetrating and boners can be unwilling.

So Sup Forums is just Sup Forums lite?

No, Thrall is Moses.

Metzen just wanted to write cool characters.
He went overboard on green Jesus, Grom 2.0, and [Retconned], but his other lovelies like Malfurion and Ragnaros were neat.

The problem is 1/3 or so of the Blizzard writers think they're writing Diablo 3 AKA PG-13 Diablo 2.

>boners can be unwilling
Only if you're 13
You're gay if you complain about fucking a girl

>That's actually why the burning legion is "drawn" to worlds with magic users, and why using magic can alert them to your world. If your world has magic, it has a worldsoul, and the goal of the burning crusade is to destroy all worldsouls
That's actually a good explanation. There we hints before that demons hunted something special related to Azeroth's magic leylines, but I guess "it" being the titanic worldsouls explains it just fine.

But this is literally THE AGE OF KINGS WHEN TWO FACTIONS BATTLED FOR DOMINANCE.

>Being surprised about Burning Legion's spaceships

Warcraft demons are not so much "demons" as they are interdimensional Darkseid-esque alien invaders. Using spaceships makes as much sense for them as opening portals or bombarding worlds with Infernal Golems.

Alternate universe timeline happened.
Then Titans died.
Then some souley wouley stuff happened.

Well, thanks, Sup Forums, for bringing me the latest Warcraft story news. Guess I can look into it again.