Has her costume aged like milk?

Has her costume aged like milk?
New 52 had so many tacticool designs and i'm glad they are gone, cause they don't work on paper, but i dunno why the female members of the Bat-family have some of the worst designs
Well, except maybe Kate

Other urls found in this thread:

fightingviper.tumblr.com/post/164320207690
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, it's a pretty good costume.

Yes, it looks especially awful in BoP when she's next to characters with proper designs.

As far as the rest of the Batfam girls go, I think Steph looks ok.

no it's stupid cosplay shit. her mask doesn't conceal her identity at all. Gordon would know instantly that's his daughter.

>proper designs
Like who? Helena's design is pretty meh.

It would be good for an actual young teenager, but they didn't even use it in DCSHG

>this mask won't protect her identity!
>but those small little domino masks do

> Cass was supposed to get a costume closer to her Batgirl outfit.
> Someone high above Tynion said no. She needs to be a ninja. NINJA!
> Tynion obliges.

Someone above is truly terrified Cass will take away anything Barbara had going since Burnside don't they?

Helena's imperfect but still a coherent design. Dinah loses points for being a downgrade from the one from her DCYou book, but it's also solid.

Babs just looks out of place literally all the time.

>out of place
Fuck you m8, Superhero costumes are supposed to be an expression of identity not some formulaic uniform.

Superheroes can wear what they want.

does BC still wear a wig? how does it stay on when she's tearing ass through town on a motorcycle?

Except it doesn't express her identity. If she was a wacky young girl it would, but they still write her somewhat mature.

Maybe turn it blue + change the chest logo and it's a decent Stargirl variant.

nope they don't either. it's a stupid design too, but it's tradition so fuck it i guess.

To be fair, they all look equally terrible.

It was bleached in her solo

>If she was a wacky young girl it would
This nowhere near a young wacky girl costume.

Cass really needs a redesign right now, that random yellow is a punch in the eye
And the designs keep changing in Detective Comics, take Spoiler, sometimes she has a full mask, sometimes not, sometimes she has a partial mask
And the RR design is one of the laziest thing they could have done, it's just a bigger Robin

She was supposed to, Tynion and the artist wanted to give her one apparently. But someone above loves that she's a ninja and not a Bat.

Seriously I do not know how you're getting wacky young girl from this outfit.
It's a motorcycle jacket and and workout leggings.

>And the RR design is one of the laziest thing they could have done, it's just a bigger Robin
Yeah, it's seriously look bad.

Cass is so tiny!

Pic related: best Batgirl costume, period.

Kate had a wig too, then she had normal long hair, then again a wig, all in the current Detective Comics Rebirth
I dunno what is the canon in her current solo book

Asian
Also she is still a teen, i think

To me it's ultimately very cutesy in a youthful way. Not one particular element though I can point toward things that could get edited to perhaps change the impression to me (flare on the gloves, shoulder clasps, different accent color, different main color?).

I don't think it really fit that well in the run it was made for either, but it is worse now with people other than Tarr (I know CamStew was involved too) drawing it.

i know it's for aesthetic purposes, but the hair should never be exposed on these costumes. it's a liability in a fight. unless it's a ruse like Batwoman's wig.

I mean they shouldn't have capes either for the same logic, at some point aesthetics win out

half-Asian, her dad, Cain, was a big white dude. pre-New 52 she was about 19-20 years old, around the time of her first series. that's most likely not the case now.

>different main color

I used to think that the problem was the purple, that maybe having the rest black and the bat-symbol purple (in a way similar to Nightwing) it would be ok, but i was wrong.
The color isn't the real problem, it's the design of the costume itself, like someone's else said in this thread, the costume has a cosplay vibe all around it

Holy shit, Batgirl looks fucking terrible.

It's like a 30 year old woman dressing like a teenager.

Which I think is a bullshit argument because most superhero are supposed to look handmade.

It's bright purple and yellow jacket, it kind of is

no this is a bullshit argument. she's a member of the bat family, who has billions of dollars backing them, and access to the best of everything. they can easily have professional suits discreetly provided for them.

>most superhero are supposed to look handmade

But thank god, most of the times they aren't

I liked the design up until they showed her making it. Now My headcanon is she's successful enough and it's been enough time that she's paid for a higher grade version of it that isn't sewn together from shit in her closet (that really fucking bugged me).

I don't like the boots but the bat symbol they always tried to put into the top of the old designs was so bad, to me at least, they're an improvement by comparison.

I'm assuming you mean this all in a derogatory manner and are implying that Barbara is acting like a womanchild for dressing up like this but I really don't see how this cosyume is Immature. It's something any college aged city girlnwould wear.

It's a superhero costume.

she isn't being funded by Batman.

so she's not a member of the bat family anymore?

Fuck that cancerous idea of a "Bat family" to death user, it's nothing more than a clique that force writers into a circlejerk of who's who.

>I'm assuming you mean this all in a derogatory manner and are implying that Barbara is acting like a womanchild for dressing up like this

No, my problem is that she is NOT acting like any of that while the design gives that impression. It looks like a young, rookie hero design to me and doesn't make sense for her outside of flashbacks. Those kinds of characters are fine, but Babs is not that not even when she was written by CamStew.

right, the whole Burnside thing in general seemed like a step back for the character.

it's an over designed mess, a relic of when costumes were designed to be easily cosplayed.

look how clean and simple the rebirth suits look next to Barbara's.

It's shit desu. It only ever looked passable in that art style.

It aged like two seconds after they created it. It looked AWFUL in the other batbooks and next to other batcharacters.

This

Tarr is the only one who made it look good

It even looks horrible in animated form

This is why Dickfire won

>Asian genetics
>Late teens at most
>Likely didn't get full, regular meals before puberty, further stunting growth.

Cass was cursed from day one to be a puny undesirable womanlet without curves. All she has is a frame wreathed purely in strong, lithe musculature.

>Woman in her thirties wants to be hip.jpg

It would work as a temporary design aka what it was supposed to be. But it doesn't make sense for it to stay like this. Why wear kitbashed costume when you can get something good and high tech from Batman like earlier?

>they still write her somewhat mature.

Not in her solo.

Except she has curves here?

Why Barbara is like this? We all know who was the best Batgirl.

Ed Benes should draw her

DC trying to make her relevant and terrified that best Batgirl could upstage her at a casual's notice.

No mortal could survive such a drawing of fanservice. Look at his Shiva. Now think Cass. You're on the floor drooling, aren't you?

You realize this is the same universe Superman exists in, right?

I think the problem is that it has become iconic
Most of the readers right now knows only this incarnation of Batgirl, so it seems natural to keep that costume

I think they didn't wanted to make her too similar to Nightwing
I mean, i don't mind redesigns and changes of nicknames (they can't all be called Batgirl) but her new design is really awful

Also i don't like the fact that they are slowly making everyone dropping the bat emblem

Fred Benes did a commission of the Cain Family.

She's a woman who keeps herself in the most honed state she can possibly manage, there's gonna be at least some waist there. All women have some curves, unless they're obese, but Cass just manages the bare minimum, and isn't all that attractive, because:

>Just a skeleton covered in muscles, no fat necessary for real curves. Nothing about her body is soft.
>Covered in deep, ugly scars, the majority having stretched out as she grew.
>No concept or concern for aesthetic, fashion, or makeup.
>Rough, callused hands.
>Probably doesn't use deodorant/perfume, smells funny.
>No tits, minimal ass coincidentally made from her musculature.
>Autisticus maximus.

Artists have had to exaggerate features or just ignore them outright to make her even slightly conventionally attractive.

cute

>(they can't all be called Batgirl)

But isn't Barbara the only canon Batgirl right now?
It seems like Orphan and Spoiler are still rookies, maybe they'll do some fan-service the same way they did with Azrael and some old costume will be referenced only to change again to a redesign (even if it is still not clear if Azrael will get a change of hardware not only software)

> everyone drop the emblem.
> Bat Wing, Jean Paul, Babs, and Kate all wear one.

Yes/No. Babs is sort of the only cannon Batgirl, but Bette still kind of existed as Bat-Girl. Morrison's final gift during his Batman Inc run.

Thank you based Moz

>Jean Paul

Really? Where?

It's not iconic. No one cosplays as it and fan artists don't draw it anymore. It was a hot trending change in 2014 no staying power.

Jean Paul doesn't and Babs isn't working for/with Batman right now

>but Bette still kind of existed as Bat-Girl

Why "kind"? what is the story?

He dropped it after the fight with the robo-guy

Wasn't Bette Kane Flamebird or Hawkfire? Is she related to Batwomyn?

That design isn't tacticool, it's practicool.

More like hipstrash

She needs a cute miniskirt like supergirl.

Supergirl is 5+ years younger than her, would be a big mistake to regress Babs further by making them visually similar.

She's Batwoman's cousin and Was firebird but writers decide to change her identity to Hawkfire.

Man, what are you talking about? That is easily one of the snazziest Batgirl designs I've seen.

If Cass isn't becoming Batgirl again they could gave the Flamebird name as a reference to the original Batgirl

If we're to believe the rumor. Whatever Shiva whispers to Cassandra at the end of League of Shadows will relate to her new codename.

We have people on this board who will praise Simone's run. Burnside may not be the best, but holy shit how bad do one's tastes have to run to praise Simone's Batgirl?

Babs will always look like a cheap cosplayer because that's what she is.

You realize there's more to his Clark Kent identity besides the glasses right?

I like it.

source pls

She looks even more out of place anywhere near the bat family.

Shes pretty flat. Thats hot.

Not really.

fightingviper.tumblr.com/post/164320207690

it's good for a DC CW TV show, but shit for comics.

How quick are we to forget Jack Knight's own costume.

Because she is.
Babs isn't driven by tragedy. She isn't this peak human badass. She's just a girl that put on a Halloween costume and said "Why not?". Even her being smart wasn't a thing until well after she had been Batgirl.

>Babs isn't driven by tragedy.
Not every hero is.

>She isn't this peak human badass.
Wrong, Barbara kept herself in peak physical condition and was a brown belt in Judo.

You're also dead wrong about Babs only being considered a genius after she was Batgirl, being incredible intelligent was part of character since day one.

So she's Stephanie now huh?

I think that design in beneath her. She deserves a proper costume.