Who got more shit from the fans, Alonso now or Didio during the height of the New 52? Secondly...

Who got more shit from the fans, Alonso now or Didio during the height of the New 52? Secondly, who actually deserves the hate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vWx3JXFDucs
twitter.com/dcwomenkicknass
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Who got more shit from the fans
Didio
>who actually deserves the hate
Alonso

Didio has never done anything wrong outside of two occasions (wanting to kill Dick and "Countdown is 52 done right")

I wanna say Didio because event to this day people seem to think he has a hate fuelled vendetta against some characters that Tumblr and Twitter pretend to love.

>wanting to kill Dick
And we consider this a bad thing because....?

> how can I equivocate alonso's complete fuckups to how we used to hate didio

Spin all you want, OP
Axel is still in over his head and saved fucking nothing. Didio presided over some dark years but he also stood behind DC more than he did a nebulous idea.

Oh, and he can actually write a fucking book. What exactly can Alonso do?

>"Countdown is 52 done right"

Even then this is usually taken out of context. Doesn't necessarily excuse it, but still.

>Countdown is 52 done right.
Always posted out of context, he meant it worked better from an editorial perspective than 52 did which is a proven fact since 52 being good is a miracle all in of itself.

>event to this day people seem to think he has a hate fuelled vendetta against some characters
that hasn't been the case for years and no I don't care what social media hambeast nonreaders believe

I honestly never see any of the blame for Marvel's current situation on Alonso.

Marvel has next to no editorial oversight, and yet the current editor on chief doesn't get half the crucifying that Quesada got.

His interference in best Batgirl and approval of War Games was inexcusable.

>"Countdown is 52 done right"
wasn't that taken out of context because 52 was a clusterfuck nightmare during its execution?

I feel like everyone knows the context of it, but it's still dumb because ultimately the final product matters more than how you get there.

>and yet the current editor on chief doesn't get half the crucifying that Quesada got
Alonso didn't turn into a grinning piece of shit hitting the media circuit bragging about how mad he was making everyone

Didio loves comics so much that he tries to write as much Kirby characters as he can and was the driving force behind keeping war and western comics going long after it was shown they don't sell well.

He's not perfect but he's done a good job running DC and obviously loves everything about comics.

Alonso doesn't know his fanbase or how to correctly run a comic company. He needs to go.

>that hasn't been the case for years
Well people seemed to have calmed down with rebirth. But I still see some Dickfags with a grudge, and Stephanie fans were on the edge of forming a lynch mob at one point. Probably a few more cases if I think about it.

Well that's the thing though, nobody even KNEW how 52 was gonna turn out and be received by fans. Likewise Countdown.

Wasn't that Brevoort though? Or Wacker? I'm hazy.

You can still sometimes here distant echos of the reeeeing that came from "Slutfire".

It was Brevoort who said that

As someone who started reading DC since Rebirth, I have a very positive view on Didio.

Alonso is just as slimy with his constant backpatting.

Brevoort was the one who said on his formspring that for some reason when the fans get angry the book's sales rise.

Wacker was the guy who kind of started shit with a lot of fans online.

It was Joey Q who went on Howard Stern to defend OMD and Stern, a longtime old friend of Quesada's, thought he was full of shit.

That video where Didio talks to LCS owners about how DC comics is failing them when capeshit is a super big business now made me appreciate the man. He might not always make the right call, but he has cases where he at least admits fault.
I don't know anyone in Marvel higher-ups that has ever admitted fault.

Video I'm talking about
youtube.com/watch?v=vWx3JXFDucs

>stan lee defends OMD
>applies it to his newspaper comics
>fan backlash
>he undoes it
>peter and mj remain married

Thank god Slott couldn't kill newspaper Peter during Spiderverse.

I can't imagine how he could. Isn't it like the one thing Lee has direct control over these days?

Plus, it could be said that Didio was harassed off of Twitter during the Berganza situation and he was stalked by the Stephanie Brown cosplayer during a convention.

Pretty much. It also wouldn't make sense considering that it's still going. Slott just killed off all the past Spiders with their stories concluded... and ruined them.

The damage that Spiderverse did is ridiculous.

The thing is Brevoort thinks that controversy is good long term. Yes the outrage gave certain comics a bunch of more sales because people were interested in what they heard, not because they're mad. But when those people stop buying comics there's even less people than before and it ends up hurting the comic.

Spider-Man has suffered from this the most. People were constantly pissed off and that caused others to take notice and buy issues and this created a vicious cycle where ASM is stuck with mediocre to shit writing by the same guy who has soured his relationship with many comic fans.

There was a Silver Surfer storytime where the OP was trying to rationalize that the Slott hate was out of control and didn't take into account the good comics he did. But Slott was on ASM so long and churning out so much shit on that one ongoing that it overwhelmed all his good work and will likely keep him from being a successful writer once he finally leaves ASM.

>The damage that Spiderverse did is ridiculous.
Image related is the point that I just stopped caring and dropped anything with Slott's name on it. He's in my blacklist of creators along with Bendis and Hopeless.

> that cosplayer got an Apple tablet for the effort.

>that cosplayer got an Apple tablet for the effort
I'm assuming Outhousers and that DCWomenKickinAss blog had a collection.

Don't you know user, it's okay if females stalk you because it's for an important reason!!!!

>A guy got stabbed at the con the very same day and it went unreported

There's exactly one Spider-Man that Slott forgot to kill off, from a weird, magical universe where perhaps his spirit energy could restore all the others back to life.

One.

Spider-Man / Powdered Toast Man #1, by Dan Slott

I honestly want to say it was the later. Not the former. The former has never gotten a tablet from them.

I don't recall stalking; I do recall her coming to every panel to ask the same question, though. I believe she dressed her toddler daughter as Raven, correct?

Nah, it was reported.
And it wasn't a stabbing, per se. Two guys in Hall H were fighting over a seat, and one guy swung his swag bag at the other. There was a pen in that bag and it was what stabbed the other guy.

I've seen plenty of blame for him here on Sup Forums, as there should be, but in general he seems to be flying pretty low under the radar. It's unfortunate because Alonso clearly doesn't have the first fucking clue about what he's doing and will quite happily run Marvel into the ground with his shit-poor leadership.

Friendly reminder that this is the same guy that publicly announced he was quitting twitter a little while ago.

>I do recall her coming to every panel to ask the same question, though

That could easily count as stalking.

True, but it's not true stalking when you have a list of panels on a publicly posted schedule. Stalking would be finding him at non-scheduled events, or at some kind of afterparty.

> "Room service!"
> "Iā€¦didn't order any room service."

I'd say it's more annoyingly obsessive than stalking. If DD had gone for a piss, and she was sat on the toilet to start yelling about Steph, then it's stalking.

>I brought your Waffles Mr Didio.. Waffles for Stephanie.

>Waffles for Stephanie
SHE SAID, "I THINK I REMEMBER THE FILM,
AND AS I RECALL, I THINK WE BOTH KINDA LIKED IT"
AND I SAID, "WELL, THAT'S THE ONE THING WE'VE GOT"

>DCWomenKickinAss
Now that's somebody I haven't heard of in a while. Is she still around?

Last update from June about the WW movie and there seems to be about one a month before that. I guess without DC having anything worth starting a shitstorm over you don't hear from them much. Just a normal fanblog when they get time.

She mostly seems to be on Twitter nowadays yelling about Texas, Trump and James Cameron. Though going by the low number of retweets everyone seems to have forgotten her.
>twitter.com/dcwomenkicknass

Didio has done some good stuff and some shitty stuff. Alonso mostly has been riding along Quesada's coattails.