Why did butch Hartman retcon the entire premise of Danny phantom at the end of the show to make all the ghosts be...

Why did butch Hartman retcon the entire premise of Danny phantom at the end of the show to make all the ghosts be not-ghosts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xpnBYCR6-d4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've heard it was for his personal religious reasons, but I have no source on that.

But what does religion have to do with ghosts being ghosts?

>at the end of the show

More like season 2, if even that. They abandoned the notion relatively early on.

Explain

Nothing that was some bullshit some fag started here.

The retcon was that the ghost on Danny Phantom are the memories of dead people that merge with the Ecto beings from the Ghost Zone, remember the intro were the ghost ooze fuse with Danny's DNA, that what happened to the memoriesof dead people, the only difference is that Danny is still alive, so he's in control, there also some Ecto beings that are powerful enough by themselves, but common ones usually fuse with human memories to make themselves stronger

This.

Basically ghost symbiote, and the reason for why you can separate the ghost and human half of Danny and Vlad (and why the separated halfs only have some traits of personality).

It's both, ghosts like Johnny 13 died and became ghosts, while ghosts like Clockwork were always ghosts.

Plus, with the new additions of the lore, the Ghost Zone basically became purgatory.

What about that weird permanently 1950s High School full of ghost teenagers?7

Or the fact that Ghosts can apparently age and procreate

i think it's the same reason as to why vlad isn't a vampire, nickelodeon didn't want the show to be occult or something like that

Butch Hartman saying they're not actually ghosts is a lot like how the guy who invented .gifs said that it's pronounced "jiff".

Despite what they said, they are objectively wrong.

There your explanation, not ghost Ecto brinca merge with human memories

is there something wrong with this? it sounds fine. Could have done cool stuff with ghost symbiote bullshit

I literally never heard anyone say they used a hard g before he said something. It was always said jiff like the peanut butter. Hard g is just contrarians pretending to disagree.

I think the 50s high school is a like a memory of that nerd ghost that probably materialized in the ghost zone, the people in there aren't really ghosts. As for ghosts aging it doesn't make any sense because wouldn't Desiree but ultra old? Speaking of which why doesn't Desiree have feet when all of the "dead people" ghosts does?

Desiree is also a genie besides being a ghost. She works in different ways.

Likely it's one of those "islands" that Hartman mentioned, where the people in it are manifestations of the "owner". Probably the reason for why they started treating him well when he developed confidence.

This.
youtu.be/xpnBYCR6-d4

Apparently the Ecto beings are powerful enough to create domains of their own and every Ecto power is different, so they can't mix

Cool.

Who cares? You're acting like the series wasn't shit either way. He gave you your ghost waifus so shut the fuck up and get over it.

>Nothing that was some bullshit some fag started here.

Whether or not it was the literal reason is unknown, but Hartman did get uber-religious while working on the show. I used to post on the official forums they had back on the day and he banned posting or linking fanfic of gay or lesbian pairings, banned talking about gay/lesbian pairings, and some people who posted about them were banned.

>he banned posting or linking fanfic of gay or lesbian pairings, banned talking about gay/lesbian pairings, and some people who posted about them were banned.
Thats sounds more like he didn't stand the cringe

Right, because normally cartoon-dedicated forums are the complete opposite of cringe.

But are all those forums moderated by the creator of the show?

That user wasn't saying whether it was right or wrong, he was just pointing out that there was obviously some religious reason for the bans behind the scenes.

>Zero-tolerance policy for Fujoshit and Yurifaggotry
I now have a much greater respect for Butch Hartman.

This.