Why'd the A-Force suck?

Why'd the A-Force suck?

It sucks?

I haven't read it.

The Secret Wars mini? It didn't, because Medusa dies so that makes it a masterpiece in my book.

The battle world one was awful, but the second volume set on earth 616-8 was alright.

Nothing to write home about apart from Carol's chiseled square jawline in the Dazzler Thor issues, but it was alright.

>All female avengers
>it gets canceled.

Willow drew out her arc too long. five fucking chapters to setup a team of characters that have met each other before.

What's the in-universe reason for a "Girls only" team? It doesn't offend me or anything, I'm just wondering.

Titties

The secret wars one was that it was a female led society where the women did all of the superheroing , the the 616 reason was that Singularity survived the destruction of battle world and entered the 616 universe and decided to get the group together.

When's the beach issue?

Because Singularity was shit

Hey now you're an all-star

>4-5 issues to set up team
>Civil War 2 draws them into tie ins since Carol and She Hulk play roles
>Time for post CW2 lineup, you're old news

Because most of Marvel's superheroines suck with the only decent ones being stuck with teams the company hates due to the "Fuck Fox" policy.

SJW cancer bullshit killed it.

Should have been the token cheesecake/T&A book using exiled female characters deemed unpeople by the current regime........

Julia Carpenter Spider-Woman
Monica Rambaeu
Madelyne Pryor
Talisman
Tigra
Scarlet Witch
Polaris

Not enough wrestling

Taking a bunch of unrelated female characters from their context and shoving them together for sole purpose of being a female only book. How could it not suck?

If Cullen Bunn and his artist wasn't hot garbage Fearless Defenders could have been a good book with a perfectly in universe reason for it to be only women.

Bad writing, mediocre art, too much focus on Not Starfire

>bring up fox when a mutant is on the team

Bunn pushed his shitty OC too much in that book.

it was extremely predictable and boring.

They should have kept it in its own dimension, and have it be a plethora of female faces.

Singularity never hooked up with Nico

So why did Birds of Prey succeed where A-Force didn't.

Because why you throw a group of characters based only on the fact that they're women, the team dynamic and stories will be mediocre at best.

>Bunn does two Fear Itself tie-ins
>one is rad
>the other is shit
>shitty one is three times as long and gets an ongoing series followup
This is not okay.

Because birds of prey was competently written.

Singularity was cute. That's about it

Thank you.

It didn't. Singularity was the cutest

the Nico/Elsa issue was pretty great
that's all I read of it

Yeah if you take out the OC it would have been a really solid line up of characters.

Though it says a lot that Valkyrie and Misty Knight were the biggest names on the team

Not enough Singularity.
Singularity is love, Singularity is life.

This guy knows what's up.

But the Fearless series was great.

Where is Singularity right now anyway?

Mini was meh, the ongoing was fun. Dunno what's your problem.

The point was that every time there is an all-female superhero team, there has to be a reason, but all-male teams don't have one (I mean, Hackman's New Avengers ran for what, 35 issues at that point?) so it was to give an all-female team that din't have a specific reason why it's made all of women.

Nick Lowe pretend she and Klara don't exist because he wants to masturbate to Gert.

It was good, most of the people who hate it just hate it because of a tumblr boogeyman, even though it didn't really enforce any sort of SJW message.

That's what I found fun with it, they showed time and time again that they clashed a lot and probably weren't actually fit to be in a team.

In Nico's computer

Gert will probably die again in the end

Original defenders were all-male team and they fell apart even faster because they didn't have anything in common and didn't even like each other. And yet nobody says they were shit or unfit to be on one team.

>Gert will probably die again in the end
At the end not only she will live, they will probably welcome back Alex with open arms because muh synergy.

But won't he end up betraying the group in the show too?

They might as well just drag out the vol.1 premise to multiple seasons.
And then prepare for comics to drag Pride back to life.

And remains the ONLY good thing that woman HAS written, a fluke and a damn shame

I liked Secret Six.

>filename

My biggest gripe with the female leading society and I think why a lot of Sup Forums questioned why this team was needed was that the A-force world was considered the most peaceful and perfect of all the Battleword divisions.

It's like they turned the setting itself into a Mary Sue.

I don't know if it sucked.

But books with female leads tend to be tame as all hell because mainstream capeshit writers still insist on making females reasonable and grown-up compared to males, which is sexist and makes the books boring as hell.

Why not a book about a woman who is really affected by having super powers? Female superheroes tend to be so... dull.

Maybe that's why Gwenpool is actually pretty enjoyable. Squirl Guirl, too.

More like I'm tired of characters from books I like being ripped out of their teams to fill a quota on other books.

So now we get stupid bullshit like this that has to be shoved in, and no one's probably going to bring up that she left them, probably Chase was gone due to Arena/undercover, Xavin's gone, and Victor's dead so that left Karolina and two little girls.

Good fucking job Marvel.

Yes. Arena started it, but this shit kept it going and now that they have a TV show Marvel is flailing to try to bring them back together and in the same context they were before.

I don't know if it was bad, but it was really boring and never really managed to catch my attention.

>Why not a book about a woman who is really affected by having super powers?
Current Hulk with emo she hulk?

This happen all the time with male characters, though.

I know people say that is if everyone reads every comic.

The only reason I find it annoying is because it effected characters I liked. It changed them to make them fit into this group.

I'm basically at the stage of comic reading where the honeymoon is over and I realize how fucking shitty a large shared universe is. The event book was boring, but easily ignorable as an AU. When it crossed over and a dues ex machina character started pulling characters into this book just so Marvel can pass it around as a female book "Look at us we're so grand for throwing you this bone."

I read girly or kid friendly books. This kind of l pandering is insulting and unnatural.

Marvel's systematically shat on it's Tsunami line and other young team books, usually girl friendly books, for years and we're expected to take any bone they throw us because "Oh it happens with guys too." Did it happen BECAUSE they're guys? Was it advertised an an all male team? No? Then shut up.

All those bitches on the cover.. none of them showing skin.. sad days.

They forced female characters who had no place being on a team into one book.

She-Hulk, Nico, and Singularity were the only ones that felt like they belonged on a team while the others felt out of place and forced like all the teen heroes on the Avengers lineup at the time.

What really sucks is that I liked Singularity, but the odds of anyone ever using her again or dealing with her unfinished story are low after this mess. What I wouldn't give for a team book with Singularity, Starbrand, Nightmask, Alpha, and Kobik all fighting cosmic level beings and felling in over their heads when dealing with things that are on equal footing with them.

best belly button

But Medusa and Shulk are former team mates