At what point does Marvel Comics admit their mistakes?

At what point does Marvel Comics admit their mistakes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XGQevaXj3tQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I thought they already did and they're about to retire most of the current diversity brigade.

I think they acknowledge it, but I don't think they had any plans to stop.
At the very least we can be guaranteed they will just make more mistakes.

>ginger overrepresentation

There's really not much they can do.
All the competent artists left, as well as most of the good writers, and they adopted an environment of "Fuck continuity, I can write whatever bullshit I want"

Let's be honest, if they just went "We're bringing Cap, Thor, Iron Man, and all that jazz back" you'll be board to tears cause they will just recycle old stories. I mean, look at their X-Men shit! They're doing Phoenix in both X-Men blue and Jean Grey! They can't go a single run without Apocalypse! Just like how the Avengers keep fighting Kang!
Essentially, we're stuck between MCU SJW's who think saying shit like "Men are idiots" is ground breaking and then people with no ideas just recycling past Marvel things in really mediocre art. There is no saving Marvel because none of the current staff bother to read stories that weren't praised up the wazoo. They all read Civil War and Bendis' New Avengers, but not Pak's Hercules, Nextwave, Thunderbolts, or even any X-Men outside the Wolverine and the X-Men crowd. THAT is your fucking problem!

I also blame Gilleon's Young Avengers book for poisoning everything.

>Wheelchair kid's nickname is Wheels

why is the black guy called jaws

>Be me years ago
>Buy young avengers #1 bcs Bryan Lee O'Malley variant
>Read it
>"Lmao this is so shit, everyone is a token and there's no action who would want to read this?"

Now look at us

>filename
But why, exactly?
As I remember it, his character was simply: nig i'm hongry.

I posit that current Marvel will NEVER admit their mistakes and Disney will come in and completely clean house at some point.

My mistake then. I thought I heard they were planning to go back to their roots with some characters. I must have misinterpreted something.

I've always found the thought of girl Kid Vid adorable. Something about the design. I remember feeling this way back in the 90s as well. I guess the thought of a cool older tomboy was my thing back then.

>no asians

Burger King Kids Club is my go-to image to represent diversity pandering and people usually ignore it. It's always either that, Extreme Ghostbusters or Captain Planet. Oddly enough, not one of those groups features an Arab or an Indian.

When they stop turning a profit.

Extreme Ghostbusters did it well, they weren't just tokens, most were introduced as a bunch of misfits that wanted easy credits, got into the occult ir liked gadgets from episode 1. They didn't felt forced.

Heck as a kid I stopped caring about the resident wheelbound character being in a wheelchair because he was so damn badass with his quick trigger attitude.

TLDR the characters had a secondary trait to fall back outside their design choices and thus they weren't perceived as tokens by people who actually watched the show.

When Disney realizes how much of negative they've been and clean house by forcing Ike to "disappear"

I couldn't agree more. I never had a problem with Extreme Ghostbusters. I've sometimes thought that it was just nostalgia goggles, but you put it quite well. It also helped that they weren't already established characters, but their own new characters that just worked.

Heck it didn't just did the multicultural representation well without pandering, it actually delivered in passing the torch for a well established franchise.

Those 2 are very hard to achieve and yet extreme did it so organically while allowing itself to be a bit darker, heck a whole Lotta dark than the average Ghostbusters episode.

Extreme Ghostbusters actually managed to do well 3 of the stuff that often dooms most cartoons and was still it's own story, I'm amazed.

Marvel instead did everything wrong.

Their heroes have to remind us of their origin to much, we don't care we just want to see a super hero fight something not reminding us of what he/she/wathever is fighting for.

We don't need a new same name taken by token minority character, we want new heroes doing the same shit as the old with their own spin to it, if you are passing the torch do it with an established character instead of a new one, if you are remaking the hero make the pass a bit more organic or for their own reasons.

Set a tone for the adventures without reminding us of how intense their struggles as humans are, capeshit first then we get to see who is behind the mask.

Marvel did everything wrong.

Lingo is asian.

Lingo isn't hispanic? I always thought he was Puerto Rican or something.

At least he doesn't have the superpower of turning into a fucking guntank

That was funny in a awful sort of way.

Post the updated pic OP.

>All the competent artists left
Samnee's still there, as well as Cheung (though he's slow as shit but he's pretty much Marvel's current Jim Lee), then there's Noto, DelMundo, and to an extent I'll say even Wada is pretty competent.

>implying Cheung is slower than McNiven

Wait! Kid Vid is a boy?

oh yeah they still have McNiven, Yu, and Sorrentino too.... shit I think they probably have more than DC. Because power wise here's who DC has (only listing the ones who are pretty loyal to DC and consistently do work with them) These are all opinion based so it may clash with your opinions

>Jim Lee
>Fabok
>Reis (Then again, Cyborg for DC You tanked)
>Shaner (Arguably, DC's answer to Chris Samnee)
>Capullo
>Kubert
>Mahnke (IDK about Modern Mahnke desu, it's scratchier than I like. He should go back to having darker inks and solid colors)
>Porter (Same deal with Mahnke, but he can still pump out good shit like that Jay reveal in The Button Arc though)
>Rocafort (Coming in for Dark Matter)
>Sejic (Leaving Aquaman later but confirmed for doing more with DC)
>Gleason
>Jimenez
>Nguyen (DC's much better cuter answer to Skottie Young)

then you get more out there stuff
>Bagenda
>Dickgirl Artist Who's Name I Forgot

>filename
I know, right?
It's the bangs and skinny jeans.

When white men cease to exist and the Grand Mullah of the American ISIS shuts them down for drawing a woman's ankles.

Around the same time DC goes bankrupt

So March

Somehow your post made me miss X-Factor.

Go back to Sup Forums

>Calling it Marvel Comics
What did I fucking tell you about this, casual?

At this point I want the company to lose. I hope Disney Corporate comes in and liquidates the comics department completely.

Bye, bye Marvel Comics. I'm eagerly awaiting you bankruptcy.

when fired ike and his bootlickers

I remember my friend showing that Dooziebots thing to me, about died laughing when they got to the handicapped kid and finding out he's the guntank.

I think the cripple from Nitrocircus is called that.

What if there was a mutant who was able to turn into a canon except his arms, so he went around in a wheelchair so he could remain mobile while in tank form?

I like reverse traps too but I like Kid Vid just the way he is.
You can still like him even if he has a penis man, nothing wrong with that as long as he's cute.

more likely to just make the entire comic branch of Marvel disappear

I mean they don't need it, for money or prestige purposes. they literally shut down their own animation department for like a decade when it turned to shit

Nah, I just can't enjoy penises that aren't my own, even if they're cute feminine penises. He'd make a cute surprise girl behind that visor though. Best of all worlds to me.

I thought that was because they were selling off rights to anyone that would take them.

They loved shoving a cripple in a wheelchair everywhere in the 80s and early 90s. There was one in Degrassi Jr High and Friday the 13th, Mac and Me and other places

>tfw you can remember when Disney's heavy handed executive meddling was the looming threat rather than the wistful hope it is now.

who's to say that disney wasn't the catalyst for all this? disney bought marvel in 2009

denial ain't just a river in egypt, huh?

trip

Why don't they just get a load of 2000AD writers? That literally always works out.

>the (((mouse))) letting the inmates run the asylum into the ground while focusing on using the acquired properties in it's existing media infrastructure so it can claim nerd punching SJW points off a low earning niche market while continuing to make billions selling to middle America
makes sense.

Wheelchair guy was dad as fuck, too.

Because you could see the problems were already at Marvel before the buyout, unless you were a big fan of all the comics they were putting out in the 00's. It's just the problems became bigger and more obvious in the last eight years.

>Mac and Me

Obligatory.

youtu.be/XGQevaXj3tQ

X-Factor ending is for the best, if it was out now you can bet Madrox would be a deadbeat dad or replaced and Layla would be a lesbian who don't need no man and doesn't remember she had kids