I've been watching this show and I don't really like it. I find Rick annoying as hell and Morty is a wimp...

I've been watching this show and I don't really like it. I find Rick annoying as hell and Morty is a wimp. It's also shocking for the sake of being shocking.

Okay.

Okay.

I like this show. Just watched the Jerry episode, it was kinda boring imo. The best S3 episode is still the first one hands down. Mad max was meh, Pickle Rick was surprisingly good, and the Avengers one was entertaining. a pretty weak season as of now. I miss S1

Any reason why we're having this thread again, user?

Because the more noise is made about the awfulness of this show, the closer it gets to being cancelled.

Yes, remember when all the people saying they don't like or get the appeal of small equine got MLP cancelled after just two seasons?

Why get this show in particular cancelled when there are far far worse shows out there. Wouldn't your priority be to get The Simpsons cancelled for example? That would make more sense. People still enjoy R&M, don't be a dick.

i was laughing out loud since episode 1. i liked every episode of season 1 except the finale.

Remember when MLP was considered a breath of fresh air because of its sincerity and the fact that it was first girls' show in over a decade that didn't treat its audience like idiots, while Rick and Morty was the same caustic, cynically written, edgelord-fueling, ha-ha-boobs-dicks-religion-is-stupid-look-at-how-mature-we-are rubbish that Family Guy and Adult Swim had been serving up for years...cranked up to 11?

Yeah, me too. I don't watch MLP, but I'm thankful for shows that aren't dripping with sarcasm and condescension. The closest thing I can think of to something like MLP on Fox is Bob's Burgers, and even that's kind of a stretch.

TL;DR, I remember when people called for MLP to be cancelled because they hated its fans. But with MLP you had the fact that it was doing something different. Rick and Morty isn't, it's literally reveling in all "le edgy adult cartoon" tropes that Robot Chicken and countless other Adult Swim shows did before it. Judging by all the complaints I see about Summer taking over the show and Morty being cucked it looks like they have no idea what the fans want anymore and are trying very hard to mask their lack of direction with bigger, bolder, more shocking jokes. But all the jokes have been told already. There is nothing new in their repertoire other "omg so random" moments like Pickle Rick.

inb4 "shut up faggot", the same response you all give when someone calls you out on the awfulness, the sheer comedic and intellectual bankruptcy of your pathetic, Reddit-tier meme show.

Wow you are REALLY angry about cartoons user, I almost feel sorry for you

What show got cancelled that hurt you this badly, be honest I won't judge.

You're TL;DR was longer than the post. I think you missed the point of having a TL;DR ...

I actually just watched the first couple episodes last night and I agreed. Rick is a massive edgelord and apparently always right about everything ever because he's just better.

It's like the opposite of Archer. In Archer the characters annoy each other, in this they annoy the audience. In Archer, the fact that everybody is a self absorbed piece of shit is the joke, in this it's like we're actually supposed to take it seriously.

I feel like the show is a lot less sarcastic or condescending than you've made yourself believe it is. The worst offender i can think of is maybe the whole god is dead shtick

Those are all valid points, OP. You're entitled to your own opinion.

>The worst offender i can think of is maybe the whole god is dead shtick
You mean the forced /poltv/ meme?

He completely ruined the world in the first episode by fucking up a love potion. How is he portrayed as always right?

>first episode

Oh shit, you're right.

No I more meant the references every few episodes to rick doing something and saying god isn't real, maybe it will be a major plot point sometime in the future, but until then it's just slightly repetitive. You can definitely see how far they've come from the first season with not using crutches like the burps and stutter to fill as much content space.

It was technically the second episode in the series

> edgy, spiteful scientist that ruins his family and is constantly pointed out to be a terrible person is an atheist
> retards somehow think this is atheist propaganda

The episode where everyone began worshipping the giant heads was way more antj-religion than the one remark Rick made about not believing in god

It's to emphasize how much of a hypocrite Rick is, he can't believe in god because he has a god complex, but at the same time when he's desperate he resorts to asking him for help

Really it comes across more as Rick being a huge flake who believes in whatever is convenient for him at the moment, especially that moment when he begs god for mercy when he thinks he's about to die

so how long have you been watching?

Because you can easily come to that conclusion from watching like one episode

I'm not disagreeing, I actually completely agree, those are complaints that kept me from watching more than like 3 episodes for the longest time.

I'm just curious if you really watched the show, because as said, you can literally conclude that from watching a single episode.

Fuck off, Justin.

Ignore the autistic Reddit & Memey fags who have to rely on ad-hominems instead of providing any counter-argument. Everything you said is on-point.

Rick getting raped when

This but unironically

I find that this show is hit or miss no middle ground. When it hits it's really good, but when it misses it's a rancid mess.

I honestly really want a sex-scene with Rick

Then that makes two of us, user, but I'd prefer seeing him raped over normal boring sex

consider this

I wasn't being ironic, user.
I need to see his bitchy ass getting destroyed by alien dick.

>dominating rick
Wow, sometimes this board surprises me with its refined and patrician taste. I agree, user

I've been watching this series and honestly most of the times I like Rick acting like a dick and I can understand why Morty is being scarred or confused in situations because he's not used to them as Rick is. However the humour is pretty hit or miss and when it's miss it's weak or boring. Season 2 Episode 6: "The Ricks must be Crazy" was an episode where the humour was consistently funny and has to be my most favourite episode of the show.

Not really, wanting a cartoon to be canceled because a vocal minority happens to hate it and genuinely believe that it'll happen if they complain hard enough especially when the cartoon is doing well financially is pretty delusional

there is no way that this didn't happened in canon/offscreen at some point.

I really wish it happened onscreen too at some point

Good assessment

well m'emed

>wanting things cancelled

Whats the point of that, that doesn't mean someone else would replace it with something better this is a thing now and there will be different shows possibly better another time in the future, Id rather have something than nothing and make my choice to watch it there.

Just try not to sound like a spoiled entitled child assuming all entertainment is for you and must change if it doesn't suit you.

If you don't like it then it clearly wasn't meant for you. Find something else.

>B...but people are liking something I don't like
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm thankful for anons who aren't dripping with sarcasm and condescension.

Also your tl;dr is longer than your original statement, numbnuts.

>we're supposed to take it seriously
No, this is why you are joyless.

That sums it up nicely.