Cartoons that you have no hatred or vitriol toward, but you legitimately don't understand the appeal of

Cartoons that you have no hatred or vitriol toward, but you legitimately don't understand the appeal of.

Hard mode: no SU or "fuck you, that show was awesome"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ocDpc9Ip8J8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gravity Falls. I never understood all the praise it got. It was a slightly above average kids cartoon, nothing about it ever stood out to me.

EEnE. Humor never really landed for me

The original Teen Titans. Apart from the anime design, other DC shows can and have done exactly what they did without making their show sound like a 12 year old's fanfic.

It was pretty meh-tier to me. Nothing about it stood out to me as the "greatest cartoon of all time".

My same pick. Ending felt rushed and """"best gurl"""" didn't learn anything.

fuck you, that show was awesome

Have you watched past the first 5 episodes or so? I really hits its stride toward the end of the first season. Not saying the show is worthy of that "GOAT" status, but it does break out of its kid's show shackles after a while.

Phineas and Ferb. The characters seem annoying, I don't really like the humor, and every episode felt the same. It possesses a repetitive nature.

Ed, Edd and Eddy

It was an OK show but I didn't think it was OMG SO FUNNEE like others said it was.

Courage the Cowardly Dog: it's not funny enough

>but it does break out of its kid's show shackles after a while.
And then by the end it puts those shackles back on

Courage the Cowardly Dog was supposed to be funny?

What, Courage was funny when it wanted to be, usually with a lot of absurd or physical humor.

most everything. I just can't get engaged with most shows, Sup Forums, Sup Forums, or Sup Forums. But I still want something to watch.

>Courage
>not funny

did we watch the same show? Courage could be funny when it wanted to

This one so hard.

I don't think it was a bad show, but it's something that if it came on I'd look for something better on other channels. Very abrasive characters, boring and repetitive plots, and Catdog "everyone focus firing on the main characters" syndrome. If you say you don't like it, you'll send nostalgiafags here into an autistic screeching fit.

This show was very tedious and slow. Never understood its popularity either. I think leafs like it because its their national animal or something.

Dragonball z, sailor moon, and one piece. I get why people like them, but at the same time i dont understand.

I like EEnE, but I can see where you're coming from. A lot of the humor I believe actually comes from the abrasive characters, slapstick humor, and fourth wall breaks, mostly slapstick though. A big point is that it's at the core, slice-of-life that behaves like a wild cartoon, that's always been the attraction for me. The following clip is a great example.

youtube.com/watch?v=ocDpc9Ip8J8

The Simpsons

Disclaimer: I am not American

Adventure Time, none of the humor really landed for me, and none of the characters seemed all that appealing.

+1

None of you have watched more than a few episodes of said show, I virtually guarantee it.

It's a good teen superhero show, but that's it

These. I still liked them, but they're both overrated as fuck.

perfect for syndication though.

Fuck you, that show was awesome.

I've tried on at least 4 separate occasions to start up Voltron LD and I just... can't. Like 20 min into the first episode I just lose interest and tab over to something else and by the time I check back I've lost track of what's going on. Idk, I was never really into the original voltron but everyone seems to LOVE this version

>Dragonball z
Read the manga, it's way better

Same.

Artstyle was vomit.

Plot "arcs" that are basically 30 minute episodes broken up into three parts.

Voice acting and music was nothing to write home about.

Ill never get the obsession this board had with that show for a while. I guess we were just really starved for a half decent cartoon in the early 2010s.

I choose easy mode.

SU, It just feels really forced and not self aware. Kids don't give a shit about identity politics and the show just caters to weird semi-adults.

I don't know were it belongs, but it's not a kids show.

The story of a kid who's father gave a Space Lesbian Queen such a good dicking she turned straight and fought for earth.

Flapjack.

I know for a fact that you are the autistic poster who posts his "Best Cartoons Ever Made" pic all the time because those three shows are your top 3 favourites. You are an insufferable faggot.

>Catdog

There's not a single episode that was good. It was so fucking garbage.

Definitely Catdog. It was ugly, not funny, and repetitive.

How could you say no?

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

It doesn't strike me as particularly clever or funny; like, the weirdness is the only thing it has going for it. Same for most Adult Swim shows actually

Star vs and WBB. Both are boring and overrated as hell.
Same.

The Critic

Cow and chicken

Ren and Stimpy.

Animaniacs and Tiny Toons

I did like the show for the most part, and I can tell you right now that the vast majority of it's appeal came from the background mystery. The breadcrumb narrative made it seem far more deep than it actually was in reality, but back then it opened up a lot of neat discussion and theories. It also made room for a lot of fan stuff in general, like AU's and fanfics.

It was essentially Twin Peaks syndrome. The mystery was more interesting than the actual show, and once the mystery was revealed the show fell apart because there wasn't much else to it.

If you had shit childhood.

I found the ep where they join a cat supremacist anti-dog group... interesting.

Pretty much any show on Cartoon Network from 2010 and onwards

For me it's Rick and Morty. I never could into it and I personally do not see the appeal.

I loved it as a kid but it aged really horribly for me. Unfortunately I can't really express why, for either of those cases.

I just found it oddly relatable because Daggett reminded me of my school friend and the characters had decent chemistry.

Tom & Jerry, any year

It made me laugh a couple of times, but overall I thought it was pretty boring.

R&M is popular because it's a sort of replacement for Futurama.

jimmy neutron and billy & mandy

Not baiting but I don't understand where the universal acclaim for Venture Bros. comes from.
I stopped at season 1, but every gag is pretty much "character is about do a cliche then bait and switch"

Home Movies
Futurama
MLP
Rocko's Modern Life

These, too. ATLA was fun and great, but it wasn't FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!11!!!!1! for me, and TT had too much fake anime stuff that made it cringeworthy.