lol?

lol?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/08/number-children-referred-gender-identity-clinics-has-quadrupled/
psychiatry.org/File Library/Psychiatrists/Directories/Library-and-Archive/resource_documents/rd2012_GID.pdf
apadivisions.org/division-44/resources/advocacy/transgender-adolescents.pdf
apa.org/topics/lgbt/transgender.aspx
dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/gender
google.com/search?biw=1366&bih=676&q=psychology definition gender&oq=psychology definition gender&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i22i30k1l4.52182.56692.0.56827.28.22.0.0.0.0.191.2011.1j13.14.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..14.14.2006...0j0i67k1j0i131k1.EhH1F6fzHTY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How the actual fuck can only spit out almost 350 comics out of that one-trick pony of a subject?

>what am I if I am not biological?
Holy shit, DRUMPF btfo. Sup Forums literally on suicide watch.

STRAWMEN BTFO

This is one of the least offensive one and is actually right.

No it is not.

>Democrats call themselves the party of science
>Will outright reject biological science when it comes to this issue.

How is this right? It's utter moronic. If you were born with a penis you are a boy and that's it.

She's not really explaining it well to that guy.

We're you born with a vagina? Okay, you were born biologically female. And due to current societal norms, you were raised as the gender of female. If you want to change that down the line, that's fine. Up to you.

But as far as doctors and medical procedures are concerned, you're still biologically female with a vagina, until you pursue the steps it would take to fully transform to the opposite biological sex.

And that ideally, in social situations you prefer to be seen as male. You prefer to think of yourself as male, because that's the identity you've chosen for yourself and it makes you happy and you like it.

Anybody on the outside of that probably wouldn't understand quite what that's like, but they're never going to if you don't calmly explain instead of treating them like idiots for never automatically understanding you, when some people can't even grasp that CONCEPT of sex/gender being separate things.

But as far as doctors and medical procedures are concerned, you are biologically female, with or without the steps to transform, as they don't have more than a surface level affect on your biology

Because being trans is literally all this person is. It's every facet and aspect of their personality, and it must be injected into anything they're involved in. All they know is transsexuality and breathing.

Well Sup Forums?

sex isn't "assigned," it's observed. also, the fact that a grown man is using this child as his mouthpiece is very skeevy

They aren't different things....
user, don't be dumb

Exactly what understanding of gender are you working with here?

This. It takes so much to contain both Narratives and the idea of leaving the self behind to become a new self is so threatening that being trans HAS to be the most important. It has to be talked about and has to be fixated on since it is so ephemeral, it seems like just a dream since no part of the body or no outside person sees the same thing as the trans persons
It is like doing a play over and over to reorganize oneself, especially if you have the enlightenment fantasy that you KNOW who you are, as these silly modern children think they do.

Which is also why cis and non cis is a shitty duality since all
People struggle with identity and finding out ones sexuality and how it should be expressed and to what tone it should be expressed

>But as far as doctors and medical procedures are concerned, you are biologically female, with or without the steps to transform, as they don't have more than a surface level affect on your biology
Hormone treatment is surface level now?
Are you trying to talk about DNA?
Because DNA only matters as a cause of "surface level" expression if you're including hormones in that. It's not something you're obligated to stick with.

I feel bad for the dad there.

Also how is it anything to worry about? A little girl could have short hair and play in hardhat and overalls.

How old is this girl supposed to be anyway?

>sex isn't "assigned," it's observed.
They're talking about gender which is assigned based on sex.

>>

>Oh guess that doctors trained their whole life to identify things in the field of biology are wrong about what gametes and other physically present and testable biological differences that 'male or female or hermaphordite' are wrong about my body just because I decided to not fit under those labels.

Separate gender and sex all you want but this worldview seriously gets under my skin. It's honestly insulting to people who've spent so much effort into learning and understanding science to bring these people into this world healthy and without complications to tell them that they were wrong about something because of who they choose to become in the future. 'Whoopise you made a mistake! How dare you assume what I was despite what you saw and tested for. Look at my brain next time before you gender me, plebs.'

Science and biology isn't about feelings. It's technical and absolute and if you make mistakes people tend to die.

If you don't like the body and reproductive systems you have, fine, get rid of them. But don't pretend it's one thing but it's actually another. If you do that at the wrong moment, you could be given improper medical procedures and get seriously hurt or die just. Chemicals and hormones don't care about what you think you are. They just do.

Gender is a made up construct. There is no such thing as psychologically male or female. Just a collection of traits, behaviors, and interests classically labeled masculine and feminine by society. People can have combinations of both and most do.

>Oh guess that doctors trained their whole life to identify things in the field of biology are wrong about what gametes and other physically present and testable biological differences that 'male or female or hermaphordite' are wrong about my body just because I decided to not fit under those labels.
Oh sure but when an entire organization of doctors acknowledge the legitimacy of transexuality it's,
>They're just doing it for political points!!!!!!!!

it's a dumb distinction to make because gender is a social construct i.e. not real. so you can't really "change" it.

Gender is emergent from brain states that reflect the sexed body.

Judith Butler was wrong m8.

Transsexuality is legitimate, but not if you think Gender is what Feminist philosophy made it, rather than the Doctor who applied the concept of genders in language to people to illustrate the condition.

>you're the one using words to delegitimize my girlhood
There was nothing legitimate about it to begin with.

>Oh sure but when an entire organization of doctors acknowledge the legitimacy of transexuality

Transexuality is not an organ. It's a state of mind. Something we're barely able to understand at this given moment. It's not a biological sex. It's a transition between sexes. AN ORIENTATION.

>Doctors who provide decades of peer-reviewed research with falsifiable results that extends way beyond research on just trans people

vs

>Doctors that say transsexuality is okay because "it's the current year they're people too #proudtobe"

>she
kill yourself out of here

You wouldn't know science if it was dragging its dick on your forehead.

Can this loser at least match his cloths and not look like a stereotypical '80's tranny

I never said transexuality was invalid. I said that saying your biological sex has always been the same as your gender ie

'I am a girl with a penis so you have to give me an abortion because I am a girl. Yes I've always been a girl in body and soul.'

instead of

'I identify as a girl but I have a penis, please give me the right medical treatments with respect.'

is problematic.

>she

Oh boy.

>said that saying your biological sex has always been the same as your gender
No it hasn't.

"I'm a doctor!"
"You're not legally a doctor."
"What am I if I'm not legal? Are you saying I'm contraband?"

What do you even mean? I can't understand the point you're trying to make.

>I said saying your biological sex has always been the same as your gender is problematic

Read the whole damn post.

>is actually right.

Go fuck yourself. You don't get to change the definitions of concepts to fit your fantasy idea of what you should be.

Does someone here unironically supports this guy?

I don't get """her""" argument here.
Your biological sex is male, and you have XY chromosomes.
Mutilating yourself and dressing a different way won't change that.

To doctors? Yes.
it doesn't change most things on a permanent basis, usually requires maintenance that without reverts back to a given state.

We generally see "Completed Hormone treatment" as ", on maintenance to be "

You have to do a fair bit more (most of which is not even on testing tracks right now) to get anywhere past that.

Transgender makes zero sense.
If gender is the "personality traits" of each sex, then it means that some traits are inherently and solely male or female. And if that's the case, then transgender makes no sense, because if you're born male, you wouldn't have the female traits since they are specifically female, and vice versa.
If genders don't exist, as in no traits are inherently male or female (not saying some traits can't be found more often in one if them), then they also don't make sense, because you can't feel like the opposite sex, because there's no inherent difference between them.
Transsexuals I can sort of understand because at least they tried to change their sex, even though that's not how it works, but transgender makes zero sense.

I have nothing against a man doing things that would be seen as more normal for a woman, or the other way, because if it doesn't harm anyone, then it's not my call on what they can and can't do. But making up stupid shit to feel special is dumb.

It never made any sense. Don;t try to make sense of it.

It's all a big, hopeless game of chess with a sexually and emotionally stunted pidgeon

God this is contrarian lil girl logic.

Did you go to public school by chance?

This guy is literally a Jojo character

This guy is taking the piss out of trannies, right? That's just some next level trolling, it has to be.

>Doctors who provide decades of peer-reviewed research with falsifiable results that extends way beyond research on just trans people
Those are the ones saying transexuality is valid.

Sorry if science is politically inconvenient for you but you can't champion it and then dismiss it on a whim like this.

He's not good looking enough for that. A real Jojo Character would have chiselled abs, a strong and defined jawline, and sultry eyes.

>Those are the ones saying transsexualism* is valid.
That is not true. It is label as a mental illness.

You better check your DSM manual because you're wrong.

if gender is fake then why does it matter if people don't identify by their sex?

no it's actually the nost stupid
>argues that they were born a girl
>yet somehow trans anyways
can't even be consistant in their own logic

It'd be fine if identifying was the end of it.

Like how the idea of multiple genders undermines feminism.

If you are a girl and your personality has traits that could be identified as male, then you're suddenly not a female but some new flavor of gender that only you could ever hope to figure out.
This puts men and women on specific categories of their own and any deviation from the norm must therefore accommodate some new label. Which just serves to make gender equality much more meaningless.

Kind of out of topic but I wanted to share my thoughts.

>hello darkness my old friend
>i've come to talk to you again...

I'm afraid you're wrong.

What'd he do to deserve this, Sup Forums?

Until the last panel, that kid is looking at his own word bubbles. Even he can't believe this shit.

Yes, but it's polite to refer to them as a girl.

Transgenderism is a legitimate mental illness, where the mind disagrees with the reality of their physical body, causing confusion and distress. Like most mental illnesses all you can do for them is medicate and get therapy until 18. By then they should hopefully have adapted to identity after puberty, or can legally mutilate themselves however they want.

Or kill themselves - usually regardless of whether or not they had surgery - because like a fat person after lipo you're still going to eat shit and die if you can't change mentality.

Also there's always a significant group of retards no doubt just looking to mutilate themselves, like Freak Show faggots with full body peircings and split tongues.

This.

This is why we're Sup Forumsmblr

DSM considers dysphoria to be a mental disorder

Don't pretend like that wasn't easy bait taken by newfags

Gender dysphoria reers to the STRESS of being transgender, being born in the wrong body.
It does not refer to being transgender.

what makes doctors education and years of experience a less valid qualification for assigning your gender than your feelings do
last year i went to the doctor because my ear hurt, he told me i had massive onfection on a wisdom teeth, i didnt go silly doctor, its my ear that hurts not my mouth even tho i felt it was my ear hurting with every fiber of my being

Then transgender can't be a thing now can it?

>you prefer to be seen as male
you cant force other people to see you in some way or another

Yeah it is. All you have to do is radically redefine gender to be something completely different, and then pretend it still applies in the original context.

Doctors do not assign genders at all.
They assign biological sex.

i heard that later on the mother divorces him and becomes a lesbian and he is out of the comic

just roll with it

Then you'd know that hermaphroditism in humans is a misnomer. Even in so called intersex individuals there's going to be one set of gametes produced.

Not comics or cartoons btw.

It "can" if you want to continue to enforce the rigid structure of gender roles by insisting that by performing the 'opposite' gender (of the usual sex it's paired with) makes you somehow the opposite sex.

i cant wait for robots to be a thing to see if i can get one to kill me

Yes, I'm sure the girls kidnapped by Boko Haram can just identify out of being female.

Gender roles are not genders.
Gender roles aren't strictly enforced in most western nations. In point of fact, the place where gender roles are most observed, is ironically the place with the most equal gender opportunities for both sexes/genders. Meaning when people are free to do what they want, they typically 90% of the time will go with their assigned gender role by choice.

And that's what's happening. Gender roles aren't being enforced. They're being chosen. Because surprisingly, as it turns out, humans are a sexually dimorphic species which can only occur when behaviors in the sexes and roles in the sexes are different.

>what is a prostate
and that is just one of the things that come into play when doctors wanna talk about BIOLOGICAL sex. Retard.

>They're just doing it for political points!!!!!!!!
Totes not a fad :^) And totally not a coincidence that so many more tomboyish girls are being referred compared to boys. Transgenderism is the same conservative, gender role reinforcing bullshit, re-wrapped in ~progressiveness~. telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/08/number-children-referred-gender-identity-clinics-has-quadrupled/

You fucking idiots. the DSM and the people who wrote it both say that the recommended treatment for gender dysphoria is transition surgery. The APA (who write the fucking thing) have tons of papers advocating for adaption-based treatment, not cures. The DSM itself argues that, while there's some debate over it, largely transgenderism is considered a mental illness because of all the social stigma from idiots like you who don't understand it.

Like the other guy said, science is not your fucking political tool. This is not helping anyone on the right shake the anti-intellectual image.

psychiatry.org/File Library/Psychiatrists/Directories/Library-and-Archive/resource_documents/rd2012_GID.pdf

apadivisions.org/division-44/resources/advocacy/transgender-adolescents.pdf

apa.org/topics/lgbt/transgender.aspx

What you like to do has nothing to do with what your fucking gender is. Neither are, and I'm sorry to say this, phases that a child may go through.

This is absolutely insane that if some kid likes transformers that means she's a man?

Or that if a guy wants to knit he's a grandmakin?

Alok is a legitimately creepy fucker. He made this post, claiming that little girls are "kinky" and "deviant" among other things. I can't believe he got positively included in the Gender Revolution issue of National Geographic.

"gender roles are not genders" and then neglects to supply the definitions of what you consider the difference between those..Way to be informative.

Being of the state where you believe your gender is different than your body, regardless of how much stress you receive from "other people" would not change the fact that it would be a mental illness.

Because I thought that was patently obvious that what gender you identify with has nothing to do with your hobbies or interests.

Well """obviously""" not. Everyone seems to have different working definitions of what they consider gender or gender roles, or consider them essentially the same thing. So I'm asking /you/ how /you/ define them. Name what you consider 'genders'.

I guess trannies tell themselves whatever lies they can to try and accept what they really are not and make others pretend as well.

dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/english/gender

Stop being stupid on purpose.

>I just want my son back...

This comic is a mess because it looks like it's trying to validate the guy's point (the truth) when in reality it's trying to do the exact opposite
How does it fail so hard

Sorry but that definition is completely wrong. Try harder friendo

Cambridge is a dictionary.
That is literally the dictionary definition.

I asked you to stop being stupid on purpose.

I'm seriously not being daft on purpose. When it comes to these topics of conversations, it becomes essential to know how the person you're conversing with actual defines terms like gender, gender roles, woman, man, because I have seen SO MANY definitions considered by people (and yes, within the transgender community, too).

For example, if I look up gender on dictionary.com I'm provided with "either the male or female division of a species, especially as differentiated by social and cultural roles and behavior" which has a significant difference to the Cambridge definition that implies that "male and female sex" are /synonymous/ with gender.

>Dictionary.com
ISHYGDDT. You might as well look it up on whatdobadgerseat.com or fucking tumblr.

Try oxford, cambridge, and merriam-webster.

merriam-webster is mostly american english but it still holds up.

However.
To that end:
>the Cambridge definition that implies that "male and female sex" are /synonymous/ with gender.

This is an actual accepted use of the word/definition. Yes. You can use gender as synonym for gender and you'd be correct; language is mostly implicit, and dictionaries are generally not rulebooks but snapshots of how words ARE being used. Definitions are written based on what the common use of the word is.

Cambridge also lists the _state_ of being male or female, not as a literal sexual biological difference.

To that end, I've literally enumerated several times that no, hobbies and interests are in fact, hobbies and interests. Not characteristics of gender.

Cambridge is wrong. I prefer the scientific definition.
google.com/search?biw=1366&bih=676&q=psychology definition gender&oq=psychology definition gender&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i22i30k1l4.52182.56692.0.56827.28.22.0.0.0.0.191.2011.1j13.14.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..14.14.2006...0j0i67k1j0i131k1.EhH1F6fzHTY

>I'm seriously not being daft on purpose. When it comes to these topics of conversations, it becomes essential to know how the person you're conversing with actual defines terms like gender, gender roles, woman, man, because I have seen SO MANY definitions considered by people (and yes, within the transgender community, too).

if it takes that kind of investment just to talk with someone then its not worth it at all

up until the begining of last year; the DSM recommended only therapy, due to the extreme lowering of suicidal tendencies.

>Cambridge is wrong.
That's like saying the dictionary is wrong.
Cambridge is in fact an in-print dictionary.