Can someone explain what exactly is the big deal today?

Can someone explain what exactly is the big deal today?

The FBI inadvertently found a laptop from the Wiener investigation has some emails from one of Clinton's staff that he's married to? It's probably emails they already went through, right? They're just making sure it's nothing they haven't seen, right? So, what exactly is the campaign damage?

I don't get it, guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

observer.com/2016/10/2006-audio-emerges-of-hillary-clinton-proposing-rigging-palestine-election/
youtube.com/watch?v=O4-e4nlfdRI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>the Wiener investigation

Same. Tell me why this scandal is different to the others people ignore.

its not different. its just an other happening some people like to get excited about

>Huma Abedin was included on multiple deleted emails (a few hundred or a few thousands of the 33k missing emails).

>HRC's team deleted them from absolutely everything the FBI seized.

>Huma used Weiner's laptop on occasion and synced her email profile to it, HRC's team did not know about this and did not scrub it

>The FBI seized Weiner's laptop over the pedo scandals and found a local copy of hundreds or thousands of the 33k deleted emails.

That is why President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden have canceled their tours for her today, immediately after the news came out. It's finally over.

So basically they'll go through a few more emails and see a lot of nothing like they did from the other tens of thousands?

In the end, every email will be accounted for then, right?

I'm still not seeing the damage.

The damage is these emails were specifically deleted by HRC's team for the 2 weeks it took them to hand over (hence why they were under subpoena, they didn't hand them over even 14 days after being asked).

Literally every damning email was deleted. Thirty-three thousand of them. These are the damning emails.

Don't say they're damning when none of us have any idea what's on them. We don't have any idea why they were deleted, either.

I think you guys are setting yourselves up for massive disappointment. You should be like me and just assume this is more bullshit like the last bunch, and only care if something turns up. This election has been way too tame to get your hopes up on anything damning.

Because it threatens to dig deeper than before whereas they thought the whole thing had been put to rest. And then they ran around like chickens with their heads cut off.

tick tock

It doesn't really dig deeper, it's just more of the same bland emails to go through. There may or may not be anything damning on them, but let's face it, Hillary's not that interesting so it'll likely be shit.

I'm still waiting for the so-called October surprise that Republicans promised.

The FBI doesn't re-open an investigation like this over a maybe. There's damning evidence. What they're doing now is finding out just HOW damning it is. Such as asking the intelligence agencies if the information is classified, which they are confirmed to be doing. You wouldn't ask those agencies to look into the content of the emails of you didn't have a reasonable belief that there is classified material.

I wasn't aware that they'd promised one. What was promised was a controlled and increasing release of damning suggestions of the sort you'd understand if you were familiar with counterintelligence work.

You're more than welcome to dig a lot deeper than what's in the emails. They're even trying to cover up what's been publicized in the emails, which is comparatively trivial.

This is literally the spin that HRCs campaign is trying to pull. This poster is CTR.

I doubt Comey would've said a damn thing if they hadn't already found damning evidence in the data on that computer.
They probably were looking through it for the Weiner case and then stumbled upon all the shit Huma forgot to delete that damns hillary and her and Comey saw it and realized he has to say something because it is enough off of what little they saw already to re-open the investigation

Why would Comey risk getting Vince Foster'd or Grassy Knoll'd if he had nothing.

>downplay maneuver
Nice try.

Yeah who wants to read about yoga and her dog or whatever. Or her menstrual medication, yuck, gross, no one wants to read about the President's menstrual medication.

>CALLER: Two days ago, he released a tweet, sent it to Trump, to Gowdy, and Sean Hannity saying how they could -- how he could -- access Hillary Rodham Clinton's email. Step one, go to NSA.gov. Step two, contact Mike Rogers. Number three, ask Mike to go here and input this selector, her email address. He claims that all seven years of emails will be on there in the NSA spy cloud in Utah. He said that the Congress or Senate can get these with a subpoena.

>I tweeted out to Senator (sic) Chaffetz I think what was gonna happen is that the Kim Dotcom... These emails were gonna come out showing Hillary's emails. I think that the Obama administration got wind of it, realized that their last chance to get ahead of this would be to have Comey come down now and say, "Hey, we just looked in someplace. We didn't know they were there. She bleached it from her computer," and to get ahead of this... Give you a little background, Kim Dotcom, the entertainment industry alleged because of his mega upload --

>RUSH: ... So is your theory that Kim Dotcom has enabled people to find Hillary Clinton's 33,000 emails, the Obama administration knows the jig is up, and, to protect themselves, they're sending Comey out to take her out? Is that what you're saying?

>CALLER: Well, the jig is going to be up. In other words, if they didn't front load it to come out now, they were gonna release -- Assange, WikiLeaks -- Hillary's emails next week, the actual emails. So I think they're coming out ahead of time saying, "Hey, we just found this place we didn't look at before. The FBI didn't have access to the NSA," or whatever they're gonna say, "and now this is the new stuff, we actually found her actual emails, Hillary's actual emails," which as you know, we haven't seen. We've only seen everybody else's about her. So I think we're just getting ahead of it, realizing the jig is up.

>RUSH: ... For what reason?

>CALLER: I think it's to protect Obama.

>Comey saw it and realized he has to say something
Whoever it was that saw it could have simply said nothing and forgot it was there, or maybe not even noticed it in the first place.

More likely Comey was made to see it to force his hand.

If there were potentially new emails in this collection that need to be checked for classified status, then that alone would warrant their actions. If they hadn't, then they would be accused of bias.

Comey is probably tired of all the shit he's taking from both sides. This saves face a bit, even if it turns out to be nothing.

No need to downplay, just let me know when the damning part happens.

I have no horse in the race and think both candidates are totally unfit to hold the office.

However.

Depending on the emails this could be incredibly damaging. Comey is putting his career on the line by doing this and he knows it.

This is a major development and downplaying it by saying "well it's probably nothing" is ignoring the seriousness of the investigation.

I investigate my wiener all the time.

Exactly, and too many other people saw it for him to ignore it and have a career left
Or a life that doesn't involve parole

>I don't get it, guys.

Drama queens wanting some more drama and hoping for it no matter how slim the chance it may be in more hopes that it is big and super dramatic as fuck.

Nothing more nothing less

>Drama queens
You mean Hillary throwing a pres conference and getting super duper mad until they dragged off stage?

That's exactly it. Drumpfkins can't understand that this is literally nothing. Digits confirm ladies!

>nothing to see here
>praise kek for bringing the lulz

Operation Lift the Covers

It's just a security inquiry. It's literally nothing. You Drumpfkins can go home and leave our board alone already.

Hi CTR, offering free yous for admitting you're a shill

Did Huma give Hillary's old phones to Weiner with confidential contents intact?
And a loyal FBI agent shared with everyone so they couldn't cover it up?

they found emails that hillary did not tell the fbi about on the phone that was used to sext a 15 year old girl

In July the FBI director Comey announced the conclusion of the investigation (for you CTR shills, read his July statement, he said the investigation was concluded), but 11 days from the election he announces that the investigation has been started up again because of new "pertinent" evidence. If it was absolutely nothing and completely innocuous, he would not announce to congress that the investigation is started again before the election and start a major shitstorm. Basically the only way he would announce the investigation's restart is if there was something extremely damning in those emails, something that could show perjury or obstruction of justice. Basically Comey was worried that if he sat on this info until after the election, he would be accused of corruption and colluding with HRC, whereas now he gets accused of manipulating votes. Either way he was going to get shit on for announcing, at least now the American people know before they go out and vote.

Mfw this is from a ubiquitous commercial from Chicago that's been on TV for like 40 years and it brings back memories.

The FBI and MSM are repositioning themselves based on pre-polling showing a Trump win. Also this audio with Hillary saying the Palestinian election should have been rigged, and there's more coming.
observer.com/2016/10/2006-audio-emerges-of-hillary-clinton-proposing-rigging-palestine-election/

But that is the reason for their actions you shill. They have something and now they're determining the severity of what they've found.

11 days before the election..they had to have done a preliminary review and found something substantial in order to buck centuries of FBI tradition (no political shit 60 days before the election) and put this out there now.

my thought exactly. her user profile was still on the phone with confidential content.

Remember how smug Comey was during the email hearings? He even basically said at the end there would be more to come.

The clintons throwing money at the wife of the guy investigating them is a gross conflict of interest.

This. They're currently trying to figure out if the emails hold classified information. Clinton will be charged with perjury and/or obstruction of justice at least. At most she will be charged with treason and summarily hanged.

Comey is a Republican though, right? He released very little information about this, likely on purpose, and Hillary is flaming mad about that. It could still amount to nothing other than him getting a bit of last minute fun back at her for all he's gone through already.

Fuck off with that shill garbage, I'm just not counting chickens before they're hatched. Every "October Surprise" so far has been nothing.

You're a shill because you're ignoring obvious logic, facts and historical precedents in order to downplay this event.

I'm looking at the schedule right now and it's the same as the first list of speeches, none of them seem to have been canceled.

What you call logic I call reaching. What you said is based on hope, what I said is based on the reality of what we know. Stop confusing a shill with someone who's tired of all the bullshit games.

The power of Kek, witness. But for the grace a pedo weiner we have dodged ww3.

Comey is staking his whole career on this move. If it turns out to be "nothing" then he will be forced to resign from the FBI, and possibly even worse, because if nothing is there then that means that he announced this to congress purely to manipulate votes. He would not stake his career on this if "nothing" was there. Something very damning is in those emails.

It doesn't mean he did it to affect the vote, you can very easily proclaim that he did it out of fairness due to new information that needed to be investigated. It doesn't even look shady.

If it's nothing people will literally forget about it the next day. Dems might whine but Comey != Trump campaign.

It's a big deal because this shit is hitting the news.

There have been plenty of leaks that were news worthy, worth talking about for a hour . It was something. Msm didn't cover it and instead spent the entire time going over trumps controversies in ad nauseum.

So just like when Hillary was sick no one covered it until it was so massive they couldn't ignore it.

This is big because the msm is covering it they know they can't ignore this and maintain any sort of credibility with their loyal viewers.

So let's see if someone is going to throw gas on the fire

Nothing is as it seems. They aren't telling you anything. It's called Cover Your Ass. They are in Deep Shit. It doesn't matter what they do. We Will All Find Out Next Week. Mark My Words. It's Over.

If it's nothing then Comey didn't need to announce it so publicly, he could have waited until after the election. The FBI has a strict policy not the tamper with elections close to the vote date. The FBI only announced it because something was found on Weiner's computer in the preliminary investigation, with emails supposedly numbering in the tens of thousands according to some close to the investigation.

>It doesn't even look shady
I don't blame you if you're honestly trying to play devil's advocate, but let's try to be slightly reasonable. Regardless of what is actually the case, this is shady as fuck.

What's up with kim dotcom tweet laying out a very detail way on finding hillary's 33,000 emails?

Kim Dotcom really did come thru. You faggots just haven't figured it out yet.

There may have been things in the leaks worth talking about, but her being sick? Come on, who cares. Everybody gets sick. When you shake a thousand hands you're going to pick up germs. That was the stupidest thing for the Trump campaign to lock onto when there's so many other issues.

Comey is still a Republican, and he still got dragged through the mud over Hillary's emails, why is it hard to believe that he wanted to let her suffer for a little while even if it's nothing?

>It's called Cover Your Ass

Yup, Comey was told would you like jail time too?

Because if he was just doing it to let her suffer it would end his career. Comey is known as being a no-nonsense kind of guy, goes after people regardless of politics. He's been in the FBI for decades. Do you really think a career FBI agent would end his professional career in disgrace just for shits and giggles? Because he's republican?

It isn't re-opened. They are simply looking at shit that may lead to it being re-opened or lead to nothing.

Cant you read faggot, theyre new emails that are suspiscious and havent been seen before which is why theyve reopened the case as they cannot investigate something without a case for it.

No, but I still think that it's in his best interest to appear non-partisan by saying they're investigating this rather than doing it quietly and being accused of being a Hillary shill again. If somebody found out they were looking into something without telling the press that's exactly what he would be accused of.

>Andrew Weiner is probably going to go down in the history books as the man who made it possible to being the purge of corrupt politicians from the political process
This election somehow seems to keep out doing itself everyday. I wonder what else will happen in these last few days.

Reminder that it's fucking nothing. Hillary knows what the emails are, as she can get them through Huma. Nothing that will land her jail time.

This is, however, gonna drop her numbers cause people are dumb as fuck and actually gonna believe she's been fucking prosecuted already cause they don't care about doing further research.

DUMBASS BURGER

>79

Where are the other 78?

>July Dems, COMEY IS OUR GUY WUWU #IMFORHER
>Oct Dems, REPUBLICAN CONSPIRACY, DIDNT WE PAY HIM ENOUGH FOR SILENCE?!?!

Yeah the speeches are still there.

That's because this guy is a disinfo shill. He's been posting in other threads too about the bs "cancelled shedule".

Exactly, he's acting in a non-partisan way because the investigation has forced him to announce. Think about it logically. If it's nothing and he announces after the election, he'll get some flak from republicans but nothing noteworthy. If it's nothing and he announces before the election, he will have actively tampered with the vote for no reasonable purpose (since he should have waited), and he will be forced to resign.

On the other hand, if it's something hugely damning in those emails and he waited until after the election, he's in on it, will be accused of corruption and will likely be forced to resign. The logical conclusion then is that there was something big enough in the preliminary investigation of Weiner's comp to force him to announce it right now.

I still don't agree with you, it doesn't come across as tampering with the vote, it just comes across as the FBI doing its job to avoid being accused of partisanship and Hillary not liking it being this close to the election.

They don't even have to be about anything super awful at this point. She swore none of them were work related. If any of those emails are not about yoga, Hillary is done.

Well the key here is that the FBI has an active policy not to tamper with elections or release shit like this close to the election. They never announce inquiries like this close to the election for the sole reason that they do not want to influence the outcome, and this has been the policy of the FBI for decades. It would take something very serious for them to decide to break from this policy, but there's no point in us arguing when all the facts aren't out yet. I expect more to come out in the next week or so.

"It's not an investigation, It's a review"
"It's not been re-opened, they're just examining new evidence and reconsidering thier conclusions"
"She's not going to prison, she's just going to be residing in a correctional facility for a mandatory period"

Fkn CTR

"I said some things that were not in keeping with what I knew to be the case and wrote about in my book"

(guess who said that once upon a campaign trail)

Really, the only ones making a big deal out of the emails are Trump and his followers. Everyone who's voting for Clinton has already made up their minds, just like everyone voting for the pussy grabbing titty groper has made up their minds.

That's an exaggeration, but yes, she would be caught in a lie.

Agreed. My entire point was that we shouldn't get our hopes up. If it's nothing, it's nothing, but if it's something, you know we'll definitely find out big time.

He made the announcement to congress because he is required to by law, due to the congressional hearings on the investigation.

So basically round 1 of the email shenanigans screwed clinton on round 2.

what about the people who haven't made up their minds?

Those people don't exist.

What about the people who already voted?

Independents/moderates generally decide the election, and there are still about 10% of people undecided in the election.

Nobody really knows except for Comey, because nobody who read his letter understands what he's talking about.

Reminds me of penis inspection day at school

That made me uncomfortable honestly.

Much like the time I switched doctors and he recommended that he let him show me how to check myself for ball cancer when all I wanted was a scrip for some damn malaria pills.

>They never announce inquiries like this close to the election
The FBI doesn't ever announce anything period. That's why it's so obvious that Comey is shilling right now.

Comey didn't announce anything. He sent a letter to Chaffetz and others and the letter was published.

You'll eat your words when Hillary puts on the orange jumpsuit.

i.e. an announcement to congress

i.e. something the FBI doesn't do

Source: he says so in the fucking letter.

This is pol, everything is a happening! Though usually it's not, if you're over 12.

Not a chance.

The fact that they announced it at all, much less during the home stretch of the election, shows that it's nothing more than a political maneuver.

>Independents/moderates generally decide the election, and there are still about 10% of people undecided in the election.

still thinking voters decide the election

in 2016

hahahahaha

They vote for the people already picked by 1% money and think they're choosing the president.

hahahahahah

She's not being protected by Obama anymore. He finally managed to find and destroy the blackmail tapes Hillary had of Michelle ploughing her with her 8 inch "clitoris".

Imagine the fucking shit the FBI is going to take from the liberal retards for re-opening the investigation. The entire fucking establishment is going to be PISSED. Clearly they found something, or are being forced to reveal they've had something all along, because they wouldn't take the heat if they didn't have something. I think Kimdotcom forced them to do what they're doing. We have him to thank.

my man
youtube.com/watch?v=O4-e4nlfdRI

No, there's no such thing as undecided voters.

There are people who pretend they're undecided. People who want to be coddled and treated special.

Everyone leans in one direction or another on an issue. You pick the candidate which leans the most ways about issues that are most important.

If you don't know those issues and haven't decided by now, you are legitimately retarded and shouldn't be voting.

mother of god

At least you don't have mandatory penis inspections in the UK to enter the theater.
>tfw you bring your falcon, you buy crab legs and falcon feed at the concession stand only to get rejected by the penis inspector
We ended up going to a drive-in and she hates drive-ins. She kept biting the ceiling of my 328i Coupé.

>Actually believes the available candidates represent all possible beliefs.

Neither Hillary nor Trump has articulated anything approaching workable solutions for the real long-term issues that face our country, and neither of their platforms are even ideologically consistent internally.

you're quoting some random retard who called in to Rush, who knows nothing more than anyone with a TV?