Danny appreciation thread. Do you like him a bit more after Defenders?

Danny appreciation thread. Do you like him a bit more after Defenders?

He was actually my favorite Defender, since he was the only one interested in being a hero and on a team.

You mean THE Danny Rand? The Immortal Iron Fist? Protector of K'un Lun and sworn enemy of the Hand?

I love him, really. The writers just need to step their game up. Also, a costume for quick switching between the actor and a stunt double.

idgaf about danny, i wanna see more matt

Danny is awful and easily the worst part of both Iron Fist and Defenders.

I like how they actually acknowledged that Danny is at this point basically just a petulant child throwing tantrums whenever something doesn't go his way. It's not the most heroic interpretation, but it does give him some interesting space to develop as a character.

The dumpling scene was funny though.

But they're all petulant children who throw tantrums when they don't get their way.

He fucking stole the resturant episode.

I liked him in Iron Fist and I liked him more in Defenders.

But jess doesn't throw a tantrum, she just gets shitfaced.

>Ninja illuminati about to level the city
>I'm just here for the case
>I'm just here for my client
>I HAVE A DREAM THAT LITTLE BLACK BOYS AND LITTLE BLACK GIRLS

Marvel Netflix needs to work on its subtlety, I'm tired of getting beaten over the head with thematic """undertones""". Danny and Hospitalwhore were the only two characters that understood they were in a comic book show. And you know shit has gotten dire when fucking Claire is setting the standard

I didn't think I could dislike him any more than I did after watching Iron Fist, but Defenders proved me wrong.

Was he supposed to be retarded?That's how the writers wrote him.

Yes, it's called character flaws, It's a refreshing get-away from Iron RDJ and Captain Perfect

Pre-Defenders: 0/10
Post-Defenders: 1/10

I still like him. My problem with Iron Fist was mostly of a technical level (shit fights, could've been two or three episodes shorter)

he doesn't have to be perfect,but him having a 60 IQ was a massive turn off.

Which why she is best girl.

Yeah, his little/big brother relationship with Luke was cute and I liked how he took on Matt's hero duties at the end of Defenders. I'm actually hyped for S2.

Now if only he can get a mask to go with his "uniform"...

Exactly.

He's the guy at the high school dance flailing his ass all across the dance floor while the other Defenders are the dudes leaning against the wall with their arms crossed nodding their heads to the music all night.

Or finds a dick to ride.

>Iron RDJ
What? He's the biggest fuck up in the MCU.

I believe the writers wanted to pander to the SJW crowd by making him job every fight and be turned into the damsel in distress.

>I'm actually hyped for S2.
New show runner as well.

Worst Marvel hero ever and there ain't even a close second.

He had a lot of great scenes, but he also spent the entire series acting like a fucking moron.
>The hand wants me for some diabolical purpose and everyone I've come to trust in the last day is telling me I need to lay low for a bit
>Better try to 1 v 4 the team and go fight the hand on my own

>New show runner

Ah yes, the director of everyone's favorite superhero movie Elektra. Surely he can save this.

A bit more? yes, but thats not saying much.

He needs to get more fit

roid it up if he has to

This Danny would be a lot better than whiny mcretardpants.

For like 5 minutes during the restaurant scene. He was still obnoxious the rest of the time.

We need more if this

Prediction: He'll go maskless at first until it ends up affecting his standing in the company. Then he'll realize to hide his identity with a mask. He still loses the company in the end.

paving the way to team up with Luke.

Guy needs to hit the gym and do a little more mma.

Other than that, he is ok.

This. I actually liked the fact that he was retarded. He's trying his best and he really cares about being a hero but ends up fucking up, it makes him admirable and it's a good balance from how serious the other 3 are.

>wanting him to lose his twinkishness

Fuck you he's already perfect

Yes

Is he still a complete tool that does whatever anyone tells him to do?