Literally both the best adaptation of batman and the best animated series of all time. Refute this

Literally both the best adaptation of batman and the best animated series of all time. Refute this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bfjj7Y9N27c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Refute this

Implying this even touches SU

>best adaptation of batman
yes

>best animated series
the burden of proof is on you.

Literally the best adaptation of Spectacular Spiderman and the best animated series of all time. Refute this.

Name a better cartoon, i fucking dare you. And dont say SU or spongebob because im a huge SU fag and even i know its fucking shit compared to this masterpeice

>touches SU

Shit practically murders the shit out of it, and sends Steven back to Gem Homeworld where he belongs.

Avatar TLA, Spectacular Spiderman, Young Justice.

The only one of those that's a contender is avatar tla

>steven universe
cuck shit
the absolute worst

>Young Justice

You CANNOT be serious about this

Dude, anything on this grid >>> TAS any day of the week.

JLU is better than BTAS

Young justic is teen drama shit, avatar os overrated, and ive never seen spectacular but it looks like over hyped shit

only contender i see is samurai jack. duck dodgers is great but duck dodgers was not produced for the sake of animation. duck dodgers was for the jokes

it was okay but far from the best

Teen Titans >>> Young Justice

Batman had some of the best animated EPISODES of all-time, but you just try to watch the whole show in chronological order without wanting to blow your brains out. People tend to forget that there were several periods in the show's lifespan where a great episode would be followed by shit episode after shit episode until the next hit. In fact, I'd argue that the shit to mediocre episodes vastly outweighed the ones that would later become synonymous with people's retrospective image of the show.

I agree, but I'm biased my massive amounts of nostalgia

DD had spectacular animation though, including both a digitally-enhanced version of the original Looney Tunes style, and also quite possibly THE best CGI I've ever seen (and I normally hate CGI visuals in animation).

Why is there such a strong link between autism and thinking crossovers are a good thing?

pretty much this maybe also 2003 tmnt, but neither of them come anywhere close to batman tas

not even close

this is the only genuine contender for OP

Sym-Bionic Titan for honorable mention (I name this better than Samurai Jack, but that's just my opinion)

>TFW i never got into it becasue i thought it wasnt funny

It has a lot of merit but I'd say Jack pulls ahead by how dedicated it was to its style

Also going to toss Gargoyles into the general discussion. Well animated, often interestingly written. By no means flawless but still an overall high tier show.

>thinking jacks the better show
>with that shit ending

>the ending

at least it has an ending, unlike capeshit

I've tried watching Gargoyles, I stuck around to the episode where Macbeth was introduced. Does it get better, or will it stay in the same amount of engagement in the story department?

Also I agree, I noticed Gargoyles is well animated, and the characters are full of expression.

Now this is kind of going to be comparing apples and oranges, being entirely different kinds of story, but one of BTAS' biggest flaws is that it's quality level is so variable and its lows are as low as its highs are high. It's a huge series, and extremely unfocused. There are definitely areas where it faltered and stacking it up against shows that excelled in that area will show the cracks.

It's pointless to try to say any series is "the best animated series of all time," because it will be outstripped by something in some area.

The ending was shit and id rather it have not have had an ending then face that depressing shitshow genddy called a final episode

Being a long time fan I think the comedy is sort of hit or miss and I feel like they write to a very small target audience of people with way too much time on their hands who get all their obscure pop culture references that cover damn near every board's interests and demonstrate an in depth knowledge of most topics

That being said I think the comedy is consistent and I laugh just as much in every season whether newer or older.

Final verdict:
Give it a second chance and if you're not satisfied after getting half way through season 2 then you can drop it (although if you can try to get to the end of season 2 because that's when they start making season endings a big deal)

It was great for setting up the foundation of Batman Beyond, the ACTUAL best animated series ever made.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

my Sup Forumsmrade

Justice League Unlimited. Get fucked.

and by half way through season 2, I mean up to season 2 episode 6, Victor. Echo. November (season 2 = 13 episodes)

NO U

oh man, what I wouldn't give for a sequel set in the far future - as in, IN SPACE

Beyond Batman?
Batman Infinity?
Batman Universe? (fuck you steven)
Batman Bebop?
Tengen Toppa Batman Beyond?

I agree about Batman, but Fleischer Superman is literally the GOAT and will never be surpassed.

What about post apocalyptic fist of the bat star?

Here's the intro scene for season 2 episode 2 - Hate Floats
>music: Mars, the Bringer of War by Gustav Holst

youtube.com/watch?v=bfjj7Y9N27c

Love the name but I gotta have it be in space

It would also be extra sweet if the Batman lineage outlasted the Justice League or something - just to give The Bat more to do

Rick and Morty

Batman Infinity & Beyond

That's it - that's the one

legend of the batlactic heroes

I think the question now is, where is the bat cave now located? Is it a traveling space station to be harder to locate? A moon base? Is it on its own planet that batman has terraformed and runs experiments on?

TELL ME

more like Legend of Galactic Orphans

>Refute this

They gave him the dumb gray pajamas and underwear and expected us to take that seriously

If they were capitalizing on the Burton Batman with the style and music, why not I dunno, give him the costume too?

Fuck's sake.

And before someone says "BLACK WILL BLEND INTO BLACK BACKGROUNDS HURR" that's the whole point of blue and white outlines, retards

no, I got this one

Batman's fortress is located on the Xenomorph homeworld
>they don't fuck with the Bat because this one time he showed the queen he could extinct them at a moment's notice
>she let him have too much prep time

its an artificial moon equipped with a warp drive. when it suddenly appears in orbit above a planet, its visually evocative of the bat signal in the night sky, from the perspective of people on the surface

why does he have lipstick?

I love it

How do you feel about including something like a "Batforce"?
Like, all the Batmans have Batmanned so hard over the years that it actually develops into a superpower that gets passed on from master to apprentice?

We might even be seeing something like this with the recent revelation that Batman is actually a meta human (although I'm taking that to its extreme here)

only if its a narrative/memetic force. aka plot armor and the ability to be just strong/skilled/whatever enough to save the day, i.e. preptime.
and a running subplot that if you stray the path, the ghosts of batmen past will rip it out from you in a process that leaves the victim insane. this sets up the reveal that this Batman's Joker is actually a former Batman,

maybe even have it that he compensated for the loss of it by learning to draw upon the Madness Zone from Shade.So this Batman's antithesis is a villain with straight up reality warping, in contrast to Batman who on the outside seems to be playing by the rules of physics but is actually cheating. and since Joker knows how the cheating works, he knows how to throw a wrench into the narrative and undermine Batman's position as the good guy in any scenario, making it harder to use his powers without risking them abandoning him too.

That's perfect.
It shows how difficult it is to be Batman and that his success is not just from his powers but his ability to maintain them through self control (and that the joker is what happens when you lose self control; the joker constantly tries to undermine this)

I think the powers themselves are maybe things like flawless photographic memory, resistance to telepathy and possession, possibly a green lantern-ish batsuit that's made more of the power than cloth which pretty much grants the same powers as the batman beyond suit but amped up to space opera level, and a minor physical stat boost

Also maybe accelerated learning ability (can instantly copy any skill he sees like that girl from Heroes)

>Like, all the Batmans have Batmanned so hard over the years that it actually develops into a superpower that gets passed on from master to apprentice?

that's not even slightly close to the origin of One For All

Not even the best DC show.

> Name a better cartoon, i fucking dare you

any miyazaki film, plenty of disney films

>Refute this
Okay. IT WAS ABOUT BATMAN.

>the best animated series of all time

Not even close. BTAS had the same issue as a lot of significant action cartoons from the 90s: it had a spectacular first season but the following seasons afterward lacked the same quality because the crew blew their load to early and didn't properly plan ahead.

>it had a spectacular first season but the following seasons afterward lacked the same quality because the crew blew their load to early and didn't properly plan ahead
This. People should look through BTAS' catalog of episodes in its 3 seasons. A third into the second season, some point after Robin's Reckoning, the show becomes more and more inconsistent writing.

Miyazaki's Borrowers movie was shit

*the show becomes more and more inconsistent with its writing

TTG>>>Teen Titans