Nazi Supergirl Confirmed

FUCKING MADMEN

>Comics readers will remember The Ray—who can generate and manipulate light and turn into a powerful energy form—from his 1970s debut as a member of the Freedom Fighters, heroes of Earth-X, a parallel world where the Nazis won World War II. This animated version also takes its inspiration from Grant Morrison’s popular The Multiversity series (the seventh issue of which featured a reimagined Freedom Fighters). And while the show is focused on The Ray, his teammates will appear too. “It’s called Freedom Fighters: The Ray for a very specific reason,” Guggenheim explains, “which is we knew we wanted to establish the Freedom Fighters and Earth-X. In Multiversity, Grant Morrison came up with an idea we really responded to: The Freedom Fighters are made up of various minorities targeted by Nazis—women, gay men, Jews. We wanted to honor that idea. At the same time, it’s an origin story about the Earth-1 iteration of The Ray.”

>Some familiar voices will be dropping by, like Supergirl’s Melissa Benoist as Overgirl, the Earth-X version of the Girl of Steel. “Melissa is so sweet, and so is her interpretation of Supergirl,” Guggenheim says. “It was fun to hear her voice records and see she’s capable of a darkness. I think she really enjoyed playing the bad guy for a bit!” Other supervillains The Ray will take on include evil Nazi counterparts of The Flash and Green Arrow.

tvinsider.com/274478/freedom-fighters-the-ray-cw-seed/

>Melissa Benoist
D R O P P E D

Pretty sure she was in the trailer, so no surprise there.

Who the fuck else would play her in a CW production, you idiot?

Tripling down on the diversity crap I see

>tfw Earth-X and the Freedom Fighters finally start to climb in popularity

And all you needed was the rise of white supremacy in the united states!

What the hell are you talking about?

He's misapplying a complaint. Sometimes diversity is shoved in for brownie points, but he assumes this is one of those times when it's not. It has artistic purpose here (and in Multiversity).

Basically, fucking casuals need to shut the fuck up.

>Overgirl
>bad guy

>Story about minorities in a Nazi-occupied world
>"What is this SJW shit?"

For people who mock tumblr so much, Sup Forumsfags sure are triggered.

Overgirl and Overman are not evil. Fuck these simpletons.

Quit biting.

>Earth-X Superfamily
>Evil
D R O P P E D

So they're eager to incorporate the idea from Master Men that each Freedom Fighter represents a different group targeted by the Nazis.

But they're completely ignoring most other themes from Master Men, like how it's unfair to blame young people for benefiting from atrocities committed by their ancestors before they were even born.

In other words, there's parts of Master Men they like and parts they don't like. All of the easy PC diversity with none of the hard questions.

I don't expect better from Hollywood. They always adapt stories selectively to push their preferred agenda, so I'm used to it. And I know these CW Seed cartoons have only a small amount of very short episodes, so there isn't a lot of time for nuance. But let's not pretend like we don't obviously know why some parts of Master Men are being directly adapted and other parts are not.

They were just misunderstood heroes just like Harley Quinn

Are you saying what I think you are today Ed...?

You're giving Guggenheim too much credit. He is legitimately bad at comics and that meaning probably flew over his head.

hahahaha, nice btfo

>Melissa Benoist
>voice
>no suit
damn

They actually weren't evil. In fact, i think the part where Overman comes back from deep space and finds out about the holocaust.

>"What the fuck did you DO?"

Will we get this emblem in Injustice 2?

>Melissa Benoist

Hell Overman was so deeply affected by the horrors he allowed to go unanswered (the holocaust) that his guilt over it clouded his judgement and allowed the FF to get away with killing a shit ton of people that were only guilty of being the descendants of the men responsible for the holocaust.

Sure is Antifa around here.

Reading comic books is above Sup Forums

Sure is intoxicated and obedient like frigging always around here all of a right now.

It's like saying most modern day Americans deserve to die for the horrors committed against native Americans by their ancestors.

>sure is people who hate nazis in here
Geez, what a shocker

So you cant be bother to read a comic book and suddenly you get all defensive when people call you out on your bullshit? Eat shit faggot.

>I've never read the comics

But thats not the point. Overman and family were not evil, period.

Writers will make them evil. Because of political bullcrap. No respect for the source.

That is some shit taste mate.

But they entire point of Grant's New Earth-X was that Overman and Overgirl weren't evil and that Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters were bad guys supplied by the Sivanas of Many Worlds who were willing to murder everyone in Berlin just to spite the Nazi empire for crimes they committed centuries ago.

In the Multiversity issue the Freedom Fighters were evil terrorists.

Overman is one of the saddest characters Grant's ever created. I wish we got more of him and that Superman team from Final Crisis. They were all great and played off each other well.

Just add Superdemon and Sunshine Superman.

Was the first season of the Ray even good?
In fact, was Vixen good?

While overman was clearly feeling the guilt, the other members seemed to be fully into the cause.

>All the nuance of Overman's character is stripped away so the writers can mindlessly feel good about punching Nazis in the face

Disgusting.

>centuries

The whole take is about Superman landing in WWII germany. All the crimes aren't even 40 years old.

Of course the FF group is pissed while at the same time trying to save the few minorities left over from the genocides.

You should consider that I'm not the guy you were referring to - off chance that you're a Trumploid.

The other members we see are too young to have been involved in the holocaust, hell Batman even brings up the point that why should they be blamed for what their ancestors did?

>The whole take is about Superman landing in WWII germany

And he's centuries old in the modern day of the story. Overman is agelessly immortal.

Weren't they celebrating some kind of century thing in the Multiersity issue?

>Save a few minorities left over

They Char's Counter Attacked Berlin.

>FF gonna push away a meteor with UNDERSTANDING magic
granted I'd pay good money to see that shit, but I don't think that's a marketable idea

>FF gonna push away a meteor with UNDERSTANDING magic
But FF were the Chars of the story.

It ain't anything new

>like how it's unfair to blame young people for benefiting from atrocities committed by their ancestors before they were even born.
Whoa that is the exact opposite theme of Master Men. This is a wolrd that was born in evil and continues to support evil by continuing Hitler's vision. Overman may feel remorseful but that does not make him good.

What

>they're not evil!
Yes they are. They are tragic in that sense.

>FF were the Chars

Does the story take place in a fast forwarded time line? Or is it parallel to ours in 2010ish. Haven't read it since it came out.

If former than forget what I said

>Politically Incorrect
Man that takes me the fuck back. Maher's HBO show just wasn't as good

Just because he's tragic doesn't make him good. Overman contnues supporting a regime that he knowns committs horrible atrocities.

Someone storytime the multiversity issue.

Because they continue to support the same evil regime their grandfathers did.

Outside of Overman and gang, all the NAZIS were cartoonish evily. Issue opens up with a hitler on a shitter joke and any time the world comes up it always has some nazi crazy trying to continue the opressing agenda.

And also was the world even in working order? I think America remained in shambles but I don't recall any mention of other places.

They'll fuck it up or deliberately end up portraying Overman as more sympathetic than the terrorists, just like the Man in the High Castle.

How can you call it evil when almost everyone except an extremely small minority is living happily? There aren't any concentration camps nor mass genocides taking place in the present because those were done generations ago. It's the equivalent of claiming that modern day US is evil because it was founded on the corpses of countless native americans that were trampled in the name of manifest destiny.

That run of Supergirl went to some weird directions. As in "Supergirl is aliteral angel" tier directions

I liked it. It was storytimed somewhere around when Sup Forums was all about how good reviwal Samurai Jack was

The stories is set in modern times, bot hundred of years into the future like user is saying.

The answer is still aplicable to your very ignorant persona. May I suggest you kill yourself?

>like how it's unfair to blame young people for benefiting from atrocities committed by their ancestors before they were even born.

Except the CW show isn't using Morrison's peaceful Third Reicht utopia built through global genocide premise, or that Freedom Fighters are terrorists. It's just using the minority angle on the Freedom Fighters roster itself. Everything else is clearly based on the silver age Eath-X with Nazis still fighting for the control of America and trying to exterminate groups of people that the FF, the underground resistance movement, are visibly protecting in the trailer.

Wasn't that supergirl also with a clone Lex Luthor?

Well, I liked that elseworld Supergirl Wings so I might give this a try some time...

No. Just no. Your approach is disgusting.

I guess so are all the americans.

I had no idea they were making a Freedom Fighters cartoon. I like that they're keeping Ray's history instead of the dumb Rebirth version.

I loathe to imagine what kind of awful tacticool designs Uncle Sam and Phantom Lady will get though.

>As in "Supergirl is aliteral angel" tier directions
Is this the same run with the Supergirl made of goo that merged with another bitch?

Did somebody say "teh rei"?

But user, that's escactly what american left has been trying to get accepted as the truth since midwest america stabilised and it became clear that Tribes won't be recovering and spoiling their vision of future

>How can you call it evil when almost everyone except an extremely small minority is living happily?
If you had to kill a billions of people to get peace then it's not really peace, that's just killing everyone who didn't fit in your society.
It's not worth it and Overman agrees, the paradise that HE built is still evil.
Did you not read the comic?

>How can you call it evil when almost everyone except an extremely small minority is living happily?

By the fact that they don't acknowledge or denounce their evil history, and instead celebrate the nazi regime, its ideology and culture as the pinnacle of humanity. Overman is literally the only person shown to be haunted by Hitler's legacy and the only way he deals with it is discreetly undermine the very foundation of the society through helping terrorists rather than try to publicly, as the figure head of the leadership of the world, make the society see how terrible their inheritance is abd how they should learn from their mistakes.

You can't equate Nazi germany with America. America was founded on the principle of freedom and liberty and while it doesn't it live up to those ideals at least it's ideal are not founded on oppression and murder.

>make the society see how terrible their inheritance is abd how they should learn from their mistakes.
And now they can't do that because the Freedom Fighters dropped the watch tower on Berlin. Good job Overman, you got a shit ton of more people killed because of your guilt.

Oh I see, people fighting for their very survival are evil while the Nazi who still want to kill them are good.

>people fighting for their very survival are evil
How is dropping a watch tower on a bunch of civilians survival?

Yes. It comes up in many issues. But she is also an angel who is somehow also a teenage girl living in small american city. There is also a lesbian who can transform into a superpowered albino man with equine eyes and legs
Anyone remember the Convergence freedom fighters mini ?

That's why it's a tragedy.

The comic went over your head user.

Exactly, there's no clear good or bad guys here just more deaths.

An apt comparison would be if Filipinos started trying to blow up the US for what they did in the Philippine-American War.

Because they're fucking Nazis.

I think it went over your head, the final scene is played as something horrible which Overman regrets because in the end all he just did was let the Freedom Fighters kill more people which won't change anything. The men responsible for the genocides had long gotten away and those that were left to receive the punishment they deserved were their children's children.

Sure is easily baited in here.

Because it's a strike against the Nazi regime! You're fine with billions of civilians dying to get to the Nazi utopia but now the cost of life too much?
Doesn't work like that m8.

Out of curiosity, do you think the US should have nuked Moscow and St. Petersburg?

what did you expect when her black Supergirl costume was just a full body jumpsuit

It would have been a good start.

Taking out key members of the government will create chaos and allow larger attacks on the reich to be made, which furthers the agenda of taking the regime down. There's no denying it's still a vile act of terrorism, but that's how underground resistance work tends to operate when they're desperate and small in numbers. Playing dirty becomes a necessity.

The point of Master Men is that there are no black and white good and bad guys in this world. Everyone is corrupted through the hate and genocide.

But what do those deaths actually bring about?

>You're fine with billions of civilians dying to get to the Nazi utopia
I'm not but the dead are dead and those that caused those deaths are dead as well unfortunately. It's morally wrong to punish a child for their father's sins.

>ignore problems for decades
>be surprised when shit happens

This is why we had 9/11.

The children are still responsible for supporting the regime, they don't feel gulity about the atrocities and the fact that the freedom fighters were still around shows they were still willing to committ the same atrocities.
They're not being punished for the sin of their fathers but their own sins.

Not if their father was a Nazi and they're also Nazis.

A chance to destroy the evil regime you stupid shit.

Do you honestly think nazis thought they fought for "oppression and murder" ? Just because they lost their megalomanic war of all fronts and were satanised by popular culture continued from war propaganda doesn't mean that clouding people's motivations after their age isn't one of the most efficent methods of controlling living public. If USA fails somewhere in near future, you can bet for sure that whatever is put in its place will justify itself by vilifying its predecessor.

This is Guggenheim we're dealing with. His idea was to hire a Muslim actress based on Isis as a response to DRUMPF.

What's really going on here is that Guggenheim is piggybacking on one of Morrison's cool ideas in order to continue his little social politics rollercoaster ride.

Just st look at what the Game of Thrones showrunners are planning next with their alternate history Civil War America show. It's all just race bait, gender bait and politics bait.

>Tolerate Great Ally's propagandizing
>it gets a tad out of control

Fix'd for accuracy.

To be fair, the United States is built upon deeds far more nefarious than Hitler's modest predations.

Seems to me they were less interested in toppling the regime and more interested in righteous payback.

So diversity is okay if Morrison does it but bad when it's by Guggenheim, despite nothing changing in the core idea of FF being represented through oppressed minorities?

Yes. Morrison's cock gets a lot of unwarranted worship around here.