Vehicles

Anyone else really miss when pretty much every character had their own signature vehicles?

Nowadays everyone gets around with teleporters and crap, which is visually boring, and narratively lazy.

It's just straight up more interesting to give the protagonist(s) their own sweet ride.

Yeah, but the invisible plane is fucking stupid.

>dat severe autism
Ah yes, another of you idiots who honestly cannot see the utility in aircraft that turn invisible. That, or you're just clinging to ancient memes because using your fucking brain is haaaaaaaaaard.

Yes. I miss the days of the hero car in general. Almost all cartoon protagonists had a car that was above-average in some respect, sometimes with no explanation at all. Although it was usually just so they could make toys out of them. Like the Turtle's party wagon. Why the fuck would ninja turtles want a bright yellow and green van that looks like a turtle? Because why the fuck not?

Pic related. Junkyard cats had a busted-ass Cadillac that inexplicably transformed into a boat and a motor home.

dorp.

>being an unironic WWfag

Oh I hold no illusions that hero cars aren't toyetic as fuck, but I do not mind at all. Fuckers gotta get around somehow, right?

As for explanations, the usual case seems to be that they built it themselves, or it's just a customized unit of an existing vehicle. The Swat Kats come to mind, they, rather impressively come to think of it, built their own high performance fighter jet. Damn.

I miss when villains had their own respective cars. Do any of them even use it anymore ?

Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Two-Face, I remember all of them had their own thingmobile.

This comment is autism

Aircraft that can TURN invisible are fine (although a fighter jet really doesn't mesh with WW's origin and it looks stupid when you can still see the people inside of it).
Aircraft that are never not invisible are dumb.

wait,you miss thnigs like spider buggy?

I don't know. They're usually cool, but I feel that not everyone needs to have their Xmobile. It just begins to feel cheap and uninteresting after a while, instead of being a unique part of an character

I always thought that the whole "character has a X-mobile" thing was cool at first but I got sick of it after every character started having it.

Why don't more heroes just use normal cars ? Or a taxi ? If anything they are just painting a big target on themselves.

Batman Brave and the Bold brought back vehicles, big time, but that was already 9 years ago.

>literally everything WW HAS to be about MUH GREEK MYTH
Autism. Also boring.

>you can see the people inside
The audience can, the people in-universe cannot. Clearly they need to have that non-diegetic convention, since you're too stupid to know what's happening otherwise.

Seriously, stop being a fucking retard for once.

Based on Catwoman and Captain America's habits of weaponizing their vehicles in a way that tends to total them, I'm not surprised they stopped using signature vehicles.

They probably spend more on the insurance at this point.

But I do sort of miss it, especially since, as many have pointed out: a guy's gotta get around somehow and not all heroes are speedsters, flyers, etc. And even those that are sometimes need to carry more than a few people at a time (a fact that nearly bit Tony Stark in the ass in Iron Man 3)

Autistic as fuck, but when I come up with a superhero story and concept, I usually try to think about the kind of needs (and means) they'd have in a vehicle.

Like a group I made up that operates in San Fran (indeed, the whole bay area) needed something that will let them move nimbly around and over high rise buildings and bodies of water. So, a VTOL it was.

Some heroes in the mid-west though with a lot of ground and open space to cover? Fucking rocket all-terrain van, hillbilly mobile driven by a NASCAR driver-turned police officer-turned vigilante.

>Why don't more heroes just use normal cars ? Or a taxi ?
Don't the ones that aren't speedsters/flyers and don't have super mobiles do this ?
Actually I'm struggling to think of examples right now

You know who dislikes signature vehicles? Donald Pierce.

AUTISM.

>especially since, as many have pointed out: a guy's gotta get around somehow and not all heroes are speedsters, flyers, etc. And even those that are sometimes need to carry more than a few people at a time
Exactly. Being able to fly under your own power don't mean shit when you need to carry cargo.

These days, the most you'll see of most heroes is running around on rooftops, or if they're on a team, having access to teleporters, which again, is boring.

Of course Batman gets to still keep his Batmobile, but for other characters, they don't even bother.

If they are street level, they run on rooftops or jump across buildings, and they use teleporters if on a team. They only take normal vehicles if it's for the purpose of a gag.
The Shadow drives around in a personal cabbie to remain inconspicuous but he's from the pulp era and thus doesn't really count.

Heromobiles are just a thing of the past (except for Batman).

Best hero car, coming through.

Is Green Hornet any fun?

I was so disappointed as a child that this was never made into an actual toy.

did homer simpson designed this?

Reminder the Invisible Jet was a transformed Pegasus for a while.

Today user learned a new word, and tries to use it in every sentence.

Because comic books!

Whatever. I'm just damn tired of idiots dumping on the Invisible Jet, and for mo real reason other than Superfriends memes told them to. These are the same morons who think that she should be a knockoff Xena, and that everything in her series MUST have something to do with Greek myth.

It's a telepathically controlled invisible jet plane. That is fucking cool, dammit. But we can't have cool shit anymore, cause superheroes have to be serious as fuck all the time because Batman. They took the squid out of Watchmen for fucks sake. Come on!

>telepathically controlled invisible jet
Fenrir kind of

Bump.

No it isn't.

Not that user, but, hell yes, I do!

>Because comic books!

Damn skippy.

I know this makes me sound like an old foggey, but back in my day, comics were allowed to be crazy, and it was glorious.

Then The Dark Knight Returns happened, and comics have be dreary, overly serious drivel ever since. Everything has to be serious as fuck because grimdark=good, apparently.

Though to be fair, TDKR only made the problem explode into an incurable cancer. Comics had been attempting to tale themselves way too seriously for years beforehand. Batman still ruined comics by making that shit stick though.

Geez, where's /o/ when you need them?

The Lego Batman Movie gave all the villains unique vehicles. My favorite was Penguin's.

To be fair, comics were originally designed as a legal way to steal money from unsuspecting children.

That's just entertainment in general, really.

>Margo fixing her lipstick while shit's going down

Oh wow, she is all out of fucks to give.