["America"] commits the crime of being a first-time comic written by a YA novelist...

>["America"] commits the crime of being a first-time comic written by a YA novelist, having characters of a variety of sexual origins and identities and ethnic diversities, and being a positive activist comic.

Insightful view into world of people hating shit comics because they're bigots. Brought to you by your favourite news source - Bleeding Cool.

archive.is/e06xa

you're a day late OP, or should I say Rich

>America is the ongoing series from Marvel Comics starring the character Ms. America Chavez, written by Gabby Rivera and drawn by Joe Quinones, Ming Doyle, and now Ramon Villaboros — with upcoming pages from Jaime Hernandez, a first for a monthly Marvel comic. And for some people on the internet, it is the very worst comic book on the planet. It commits the crime of being a first-time comic written by a YA novelist, having characters of a variety of sexual origins and identities and ethnic diversities, and being a positive activist comic.
>But rather than realising it might not be for everyone, and buy something they do like instead, there seems to be campaigns from some to deride the title and see it destroyed, delighting in any possible chance it may have of cancellation.
>And one such trolling attempt appears to have been semi-successful. Sup Forums is the collection of message board known for their anarchic free speech, responsible for everything from alt-right memes such as Pepe to the anti-Scientology actions of Anonymous. The subgroup Sup Forums/co, which focuses on comics, animation, and sometimes how terrible I am, saw one member concoct a fake letter for America sent to editorial intended to mock the series with over-the-top praise that they think this comic undeservedly gets. And then they compare the comic to a much-derided movie. The letter is signed from CO, the Sup Forums subforum in question.

Bleeding Cool? More like, Bleeding Anus! Look at that damage control from those ass blasted fuckers!.

Kek. Cry more faggot.

I'm gonna guess.... the writer is Joshua Williams? God that turd.

>and sometimes how terrible I am
That's because you ARE, Leech. One of the few things Sup Forums and Dan Slott agree on.

>having characters of a variety of sexual origins
>sexual origins
What?
What is a sexual origin? does he mean vaginas? because a lot of people come from vaginas.

christ no it's Rich the Leech. That's even worse

nigga we made it

I thought that it committed the crime of being godawful?

>positive activist
>youdon't obey? I can kill you : the comic
pfft hahaha.

>["America"] commits the crime of being a first-time comic written by a YA novelist, having characters of a variety of sexual origins and identities and ethnic diversities, and being a positive activist comic.
Young Avengers? Runaways? none of those ring a bell?

>["America"] commits the crime of being a first-time comic written by a YA novelist

This desu

We should stop enabling these "people"

Does Rich Johnston fuck?

maybe the crime was that they were trying to sale a not cape comic to people who want to read cape comics

Oh yes.

I do like how the comments are calling out Rich on his pathetic way of shaming the people who dare not like this trashfire of a comic book. I think the worst part is that Rich doesn't give a single shit about social justice in the goddamn least, he's as invested on the movement as Axel Alonso is, both are pathetic, smarmy motherfuckers who will say the right things to the crowd they're trying to pander to just to earn their much coveted brownie points. Pretty fucking sad desu.

>The subgroup Sup Forums/co, which focuses on comics, animation, and sometimes how terrible I am, saw one member concoct a fake letter for America sent to editorial intended to mock the series
>concoct a fake letter for America sent to editorial intended to mock the series

Don't lump us in with this garbage, capefag.

America is the poochie of comics

> Jaime Hernandez

JAIME NO ISN'T FANTAGRAPHICS PAYING YOU ENOUGH? YOU AIN'T GOT TO DO THIS MAN YOUR CAREER IS SOLID!

The highest voted comment in that article's comments section:

>What an obnoxious summary that ignores that the comic is extremely poorly written. In other words, if you don't like the writing or the comic, it must be because you're a bigot and hate the LGBTQ community.

>I like America Chavez the character. She's one of the best new Marvel characters introduced from Dark Reign through Young Avengers and Ultimates.

>But this comic, primarily the writing, is painfully bad. Blaming any criticism on bigotry and racism is pathetic.

Absolutely ass blasted

The crime is just that the comic is bad. There's no bigotry, no trolling, no undue hate. "America" is just terrible, and people are using their God-given right to make fun of things that are terrible.

No more, no less.

And there it is

>father of two
He probably was twice cucked.

Cierra tu puta boca, maricon. La mujer ni siquiera sabe español.

>there seems to be campaigns from some to deride the title and see it destroyed, delighting in any possible chance it may have of cancellation.
Not gonna lie, I'd be devastated if America would get cancelled. I genuinely look forward to storytimes. It's what Sonichu would be if it had different artist and letter column written by Chris himself.

Anyone hear from Gabby yet?

BleedingCunt strikes again.

Hi Rich, you porcine cheesewheel intestinal parasite. Feel free to quote this post.

M-maybe it's not THAT Jaime Hernandez?

> Positive Activist Comic

That's...that's really scary. Nobody can say something so absurd unless they have a gun to their head or has drank some serious Kool-Aid or were bought out. Does Marvel have BC in their pocket?

>cheesewheel
Nice.

>I like America Chavez the character. She's one of the best new Marvel characters

Shit taste maximus.

No, Rich is despised on both ends of the spectrum. This is just same old, same usual clickbait. Take the comic that just got trolled by an imageboard and then spin it as "it was only trolled because these people are hateful bigots" to rack in the views from both virtue signalers and people who think that's bullshit.

He always does that, though time and again he tips his hand that if you're not a fedora tipper you're scum with his salt.

Still, the clicks come way first than that.

in fairness, "best" doesn't mean "good".

But Sup Forums's favorite comic from the post-SW era was Ultimates. America was even on that team!

figures, a comic delves into my fetish and it's the least sexy thing it could have been
looks like it's time to reread Woah Nellie

At first I thought she punched with the Marvel logo.

I'm not the only non-capenigger who can't stand Villalobos, right? He's like a shitty version of Rafael Grampá.

>eyes pointing in wildly different directions
How does something like this slip through?

deadlines.

>Does not know that Monica has a glass eye

you've never seen people with wildly different eyes in real life?

>America is the ongoing series from Marvel Comics starring the character Ms. America Chavez, written by Gabby Rivera and drawn by Joe Quinones, Ming Doyle, and now Ramon Villaboros — with upcoming pages from Jaime Hernandez, a first for a monthly Marvel comic.
>a first for a monthly Marvel comic
First at what exactly?

I always thought of him as shitty Quitely meets Burnham

Having Xaime art.

No, Ewingfags are a mix of shills and people who like metashit over good, structured entertainment. Being creative isn't good, creativity is like cancer it's always present, but it needs to be reigned in before it kills the host.

>["America"] commits the crime of being a first-time comic written by a YA novelist

That's all you need to say. I don't care what ethnic origin or sexual orientation the characters are, but if the writing sucks, then it sucks.

What dirt do they have on him to rope him into that shit?

Maybe she has a Lazy Eye?

>implying marvel has editors

sacred hemorrhoids, what an horrible thread.

>More like, Bleeding Anus!
this is why I visit this board, for the top tier humor

i dont even hate the america comic, I like the idea of it, but its execution is lazy and obnoxious.
It's just not all that great, and while i DO think Sup Forums hates it bc it isn't white-guy stuff catering to white guys, I'm extremely annoyed that Sup Forums is associated with fucking Sup Forums

Honestly? Not a fucking clue. If it was Beto I'd say he's doing it for shits and giggles to see if he can give America a huge rack, but Xaime? Genuinely flabbergasted.

kys rich

And thus begins the butthurt that will allow the book to increase in sales and prevent it from cancellation. Way to go faggot; you can't just ignore garbage and let it die organically

>>But rather than realising it might not be for everyone, and buy something they do like instead, there seems to be campaigns from some to deride the title and see it destroyed, delighting in any possible chance it may have of cancellation.
>>But rather than realising it might not be for everyone, and buy something they do like instead,

Yet, someone this concepts seems to escape all the feminists and SJWs...

>No, Ewingfags are a mix of shills and people who like metashit over good, structured entertainment. Being creative isn't good, creativity is like cancer it's always present, but it needs to be reigned in before it kills the host.

you can't be serious
Ewing consistently writes books that are GOOD, and true to continuity
literally the apex of what a cape book should be
Ewing is a god

What the fuck? Learn some English, Pajeet.

>And for some people on the internet, it is the very worst comic book on the planet
Sonichu has the excuse that his author is an actual autist, what's Marvel's excuse?

>and buy something they do like instead
>This idiot think we bought each of America's books

>i DO think Sup Forums hates it bc it isn't white-guy stuff catering to white guys
Why is your opinion on Sup Forums so low, user? Don't you realize that the Sup Forums posters are just your average trolls by another name? The book deserves to be hated. Partly because it demeans women and hispanics while attempting to please them. But more than that, it's an amateur work passing off as professional. It's bad in every respect.

Your assumption that anyone who hates it is a white male supremacist makes you just as bad as Marvel and Rich Johnston. Read between the lines. Stop assuming that trolls represent all of Sup Forums.

do you really think this book is good, Rich?

It was never about equality, user.

Yeah...I'm a fucking tard. That's what I get for talking on the phone while typing. My apologies. I have no excuse.

I meant:
"Yet, somehow this concept seems to escape all the feminists and SJWs..."

>Being creative isn't good, creativity is like cancer it's always present, but it needs to be reigned in before it kills the host.

Is this the "fun is just a buzzword" of Sup Forums or am I being rused

>And thus begins the butthurt that will allow the book to increase in sales and prevent it from cancellation.
being leftard is a disease. No way a sane human being believe all this. You are dismissing reality for the fantasy that everybody not obeying is mad. This is serious, you aren't functional at all

This...this isn't an edit, is it?

Fucking hell, and they wonder why people shit on the book?

If everytime a media darling had a media blitz that stopped it from failing, we would live in a world where Lady Ghostbusters would have dethroned Star Wars as King of Pop Culture Trash long, long ago.

>literally the apex of what a cape book should be
>Ewing is a god
C'mon now.

Guy is just "Grant Morrison for Dummies".

America has good art, you should've posted something bad from it to start the thread

Mockingbird ended. Wasp ended. Those books rode on controversy too, but they were still cancelled in the end. Squirrel Girl and America clearly found some loophole to stay afloat. But their time will come.

And your an incredible autist if you don't think negative backlash won't increase awareness in SJW circles who will now buy the book out of support

>But rather than realising it might not be for everyone, and buy something they do like instead
Buy? Personally me I buy good shit like hellboy, mouse guard and hillbilly I buy stories not political comics.

wattah?

>Why is your opinion on Sup Forums so low, user?
eh?
it's not.
This book is bad, and I agree that it sucks.
I've been here long enough to know that Sup Forums is one of the better boards, but there are still alot of typical white guys here, who will frequently dislike shit because of bullshit racist reasons, even if they dont realize thats WHY they dislike it, and are great people otherwise.
I love my Sup Forumsmrades.

> Your assumption that anyone who hates it is a white male supremacist
nah, like I said I dont think that. I think maybe 40%-50% of Sup Forums hates it cause their white supremacists
the other half hate it cause it's lazy obnoxious pandering schlock with no forethought or effort

>SJWs
>Buying things instead of pirating them like the Commies they are
>Having any actual money.

>I've been here long enough to know that Sup Forums is one of the better boards
Let me guess, you only browse Sup Forums Sup Forums and Sup Forums.

>calling other people communist for pirating comics
>on Sup Forums

the irony is hilarious

>do you really think this book is good, Rich?
its on pair with the best stuff of Morrison, Miller and Moore

This is a comicverse, there's probably some same-sex couple vat cloned babby in the audience.

>40%-50% of Sup Forums hates it cause their white supremacists
Kek, you're mentally ill if you really think that and are not just (you)farming.

True, but how many people come from TWO vaginas?

>Sup Forums is one of the better boards
who the FUCK do you think started /mlp/,
stupid

>and are not just (you)farming.
If you're aware of it, why did you still give him what he wanted?

>Jaime Hernandez
JAIME NO

YOU'RE BETTER THAN THIS

As a SJW dyke who lurks this board for comics and little else because I hate who you people have become:

This comic is fucking terrible.

>I think maybe 40%-50% of Sup Forums hates it cause their white supremacists
That's an unfair assessment. Did you know most of Sup Forums's userbase isn't even white?

Hating on diversity characters doesn't make one a white supremacist. Believe it or not, I'm a spic and I despise Marvel's diversity characters. I'm not a white supremacist. I don't like niggers or Puerto Ricans, but that doesn't make me a white supremacist. I just hate this entire empty gesture of "gifting" minorities with characters that supposedly look and act like us. It's condescending and bullshit.

I don't know why Rich thinks we buy it when he's here reading with us every Wednesday

>on pair
>pair
Good effort, son. Keep working at it. You'll get there someday!

Cause I'm a nice guy.

>It commits the crime of being a first-time comic written by a YA novelist,
I'm sorry you what?

Burnham is already Quitely-who-can-meet-a-deadline, though

Gabby Rivera published one or two Young Adult novels before a Marvel intern noticed her and Brevoort said "THIS HERE IS SOME PRIME MARVEL MATERIAL!" so they hired her on the spot. They gave her a crash course in comic book writing (just kidding) and let her loose on the script with zero editorial interference.

They wanted a gay Latina to write a gay Latina. So they hired one.

God you're a dumb cunt not everybody who dislikes this sort of pandering, poorly written schlock is a fucking white supremacist. Its a shit comic and even if it wasn't written to be a SJW's wet dream it would still by literary standards be trash.

>first they poorly reference a Love and Rockets cover
>then they rope Jaime Hernandez himself in
it wasn't supposed to be like this

All of Sup Forums is associated with Sup Forums now. That's the price of becoming so entangled with all of the gender politics bullshit and controversies the last few years. You look up Sup Forums and the first posted board is Sup Forums with a bunch of articles about Sup Forums and it's 'influence'. It really shows how much the site has changed for the worse due to idiocy of both sides still unable to figure out they were created for clickbait fodder.

>and sometimes how terrible I am
Don't pretend that you don't get half your stories from Sup Forums Rich.

You literally have a "story" and by story I of course mean you just fucking copy and pasted verbatim about leaks right after this one you fucking Marvel shilling hack.