Rick And Morty Season 3

Why is this meme of "Girls are ruining Rick and Morty" a thing? Just catched up with the show and so far season 3 is miles better than Season 1 and 2 combined. I didn't even noticed the show got female writers because it treats Beth and Summer like complete shit bags. Like seriously, i was prepared to see a strong independent woman Summer and sassy bitch Beth who is always right but NO, they are the complete opposite even more now than ever. Its almost like the creators brainwashed the new female writers to attack their own gender. Honestly before this season Rick and Morty episodes would go from Decent to Good but now every episode so far is a good episode. I know Sup Forums is full of contrarians, racists and haters but i genuinely thought you were right this time.

>but now every episode so far is a good episode

IM BIGGLE RIG!!!!!!! XDXDXDXDXDXD

The pickle rick episode was good, or rather, it wasn't different from the usual style of the cartoon, there is no downfall, you guys just want to see it fail

>Why is this meme of "Girls are ruining Rick and Morty" a thing?

Sup Forums is stupid and Sup Forums-lite. That's why.

Well I personally hate these female writers because they were picked for being women. Not talent, just their gender.

I also heard they came up with this divorce storyline.

Hate was a strong word. I mean dislike.

I didn't even notice there were new writers, let alone female writers. I agree, I think this season is better than the last two. I wasn't expecting Beth to be such a piece of shit. I kind of love it.

No one with an opinion you should care about will care if the writers are female, as long as they do the job properly.
Ideally they got the job because they were the best applicants.

Because people on this board hate women because they are completely undesirable scumbags. Instead of doing something about it, they fester and turn their self loathing outwards at the women they are denied by. Basically pathetic assholes

>"I Can't Believe I'm Not On Reddit" the Post

>Ideally they got the job because they were the best applicants.
We both know that's not true.

We really don't know that, do you know everyone who applied, how the interviews were done, and the credentials of every other applicant?

Because misogynists want to convince grouchy cartoon fans to hate women and believe in feminist conspiracies. It really is that simple (and stupid).

Harmon just went through a divorce and he always puts his personal experiences in his work, plus the family drama has always been his contribution to this show.
With these factors in mind it's MUCH, much more likely it was him

I know that in every other industry the best applicants aren't always the ones to get hired (especially when some companies have a diversity "quota" they have to meet), so I see no reason why it would be any different here.

Also the fact that there was a period where the whole "Rick and Morty have new female writers!" thing was pushed for a while on social media makes it feel like it was mostly done for internet brownie points and to gain praise from their central demographic.

>makes it feel
Feeling and knowing are different user, your feelings may be right, but without proof you can not present them as facts without looking like a bigot

So hes george lucas'ing r&m? Why the fuck cant directors just stay married

Why would assume that you fuck? You don't think there are plenty of great female writers? What the fuck are you implying? You are either immature or an idiot or both.

It's making fun of them for whoring their new female hirees on social media after sporting an all-male writer crew for two seasons only to have season three continue the moderate downward trend that the series has had since the very beginning.

Because monogamy is easier when you have a 30-40 years life span like human being had for hundreds of thousands of years?

>but without proof you can not present them as facts without looking like a bigot
Yeah, because looking like a bigot is something I truly care about on an anonymous message board.

Stop being so naive.

i think it's great too but i'm not one of the racists or haters.

You sound very much like someone who is at the same time easily impressed and very hard to get through to.

>easily impressed
Not at all. The stuff i like nowadays is very few.

>Sup Forums is stupid and Sup Forums-lite.
Holy shit
Imagine being so tumblr that you're this delusional

Imagine being so Sup Forums that you made his point right there.

>Its almost like the creators brainwashed the new female writers to attack their own gender.

Female creators and writers just are more likely to write female characters as shitbags, wrecks, or terrible people while male writers are more likely to make them idealized Mary Sues who kick ass and can do no wrong.

>it's a user can't get laid so they resent women in all facets of life episode

ONE THIRD OF THE FUCKING UNITED STATES!

Sup Forums is stupid and wants someone to blame for the episodes not being as good as they want.

The divorce storyline is the best part of the new season.

Hopefully they do something with Jerry without reverting to the status quo.

I think i have laughed only 4 times in this season.
This is supossed to be a comedy.

ITT

Why did you even laugh once?

plus the season premier (where the divorce first came up) was written to be the season 2 finale, prior to when the female writers were hired, before they decided to make the purge episode and have the wedding ep be the season finale instead

weird considering every episode so far has been enjoyable
I haven't laugh to any episode of the whole series excpet for maybe 1 or 2 times but i still
think the show is fun
If thats true then im glad they added the divorce storyline because having a third season with Beth and Jerry fighting and making up for the 10 time would have felt incredible boring. Besides its not like it came out of nowhere

Rick and Morty didn't need women to ruin it. It was dead on arrival.

The "Whirly Dirly Conspiracy" could have handled who's accountable much better though. I thought Beth transforming herself was good retribution for her, but Summer going off scot free when she should know better than to just tamper with Rick's inventions bothers me.
On the other hand I can understand Morty being disproportionate with punishing with Ethan as it's Rick's behaviour that is rubbing off to him, but I do hope they at least readdress this in the future.
The Rick and Jerry part for the most part is good, I just loved that part where Jerry was about to go get his bus pass, but Rick just locks him out with his built in security.

Pickle Rick would have been more interesting if they had more moments where they shown how Rick macgyvered his way through. It would demonstrate how actually genius he is if there were more moments like him using the cockroaches brain to move its dead limbs and the part where he used a pickle slice to treat a wound he had, because the rest weren't really explained on screen like the laser beam and how he used those office supplies he collected.

It's a pretty good season my man

Personally I would've watched cthulhu adventures and rick actually breaking down instead of toxic rick and alpha morty adventure.

Because that's what Harmon implied on his twitter.

can you imagine how much it hurts to never get attention or affection from women in a culture where that's like.. the last thing of value that survives of existence?

some people are too weak to hold out and end up hating women

Learn English before posting on Sup Forums or thinking your opinions on anything in this language matter.

"Anti-feminists just hate women! And one third of the US are Nazis!"

Because there were fucking articles pointing out how many female writers they hired after old ones got sacked or quit

Morty being a shitty human being isn't in any way new.
He's callously slaughtered a bunch of people in the past. I don't get why people make the shit with Ethan seem like such a big deal.

We are Sup Forums lite and tumblr lite at the same time.
I would say each makes up 2% of the boards users

Sup Forums on both boards are overrun with censoring cucks. Censoring because my discussions frequently get memory-holed for "shitposting," and cucks for being infested with memes.

>"Sup Forums Blame Reddit For Everything Ranging From Poisoning Crops To Speaking Too Loud" the post

>catched
>catched

It's not better than season one but maybe better than two. I miss the heart of the show. Most eps are just about Rick being better than anyone else.

> terrible people while male writers are more likely to make them idealized Mary Sues who kick ass and can do no wrong.

True everyone tries to get browny points for their strong female character but forget to make them fun.
Especially the "cool older girl" character is lame as fuck.

Someone thought it was worth taking the time to make that image. I pity that poor soul who must lead a horrible life.

It's Sup Forums they hate what they don't understand and refuse to understand. Which has been and always will be Women.

Do we REALLY need to have this thread again? It's just needless shitflinging. Just let the tumblr and Sup Forums memes die.

You're basically right, Season 2 wasn't as good as season 3 has been.

Nah man that's just Sup Forums leakage.
Single virgins always hate what they can't have.

bigl rig lole

don`t care about the whole girl thing,but for me i just got tired of meme and morty,i don`t really get many laugh seing rick go super badass scientist all the time,it was fun at first but i got tired of it

Well, how about that

>xe doesn't like spurdo

Whats it like having such an empty un-enjoyable life

Season 3 is easily the worst season so far. I actually really like Rick and Morty and it is clearly the weakest season as of now. I still enjoy it but it is overall much less funny and interesting than season 1. The worst episode yet is still Interdimensional Cable 2 from season 2, but most of the season 3 episodes are just pretty weak, with the exception of the Whirly Dirly episode and the Toxic episode, which I thought were great Season 1-tier episodes.

You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditard to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.

This. I knew very little about the show but the many threads about it's downfall made me curious so i marathoned the while thing yesterday and I'm not seeing a decline. If anything it feels like the show is improving. Also didn't knew about the change of writers, Season 3 doesn't feel different to Seasons 1 and 2 so far. I guess the only noticeable difference is that the overarching plot feels a bit more present while is was more in the background at the beginning. In that respect the Pickle Rick episode was even more refreshing since it had very little reference to past events and focused on the zannyness of Rick turning himself into a pickle.

Honestly Season 3 sucks not because of the writers but because it feels like the creators just stopped caring amd are putting no effort. The only exception is unironically Pickle Rick. Everything else just feels not even half assed but quarter assed.

I lost my shit at the giant floating homeless Santa.

Fuck you, Reiji, your finale was garbage.

I can think of a worse finale.

Genndy is a hack

Arc-V was way the fuck worse.

Worse than Zexal or 5Ds?

Never saw Zexal. 5Ds went full retard after its initial plot but it at least did something cool for the finale. Arc-V just got shittier and shittier until the finale, which was also shit.

That's well and good, but where are the mega links?

To honest I didn't get that part

Untoxic-Morty was shown to be a relatively good person throughout the episode albeit a little selfish when it came to his own happiness. There was still a part of him that couldn't get over Jessica, given the replacement he found for her. After all the fighting (and realizing that Rick was tracing his location through the phone call), he ""accidentally"" forgot to hang up, meaning that he could get merged again. He gave up his own happiness to back to the normal life with his toxicity

>Ell oh ell ex dee (laughing sounds written as words)

Best season so far.

ITs also easier in a culture that teaches responsibility and integrity above the self and doesn't reinforce an unabashed passion for fulfilling any and all instant gratification as quickly as possible.

What micro-chasm of anything mainstream is even remotely good?

Fun fact:

Frankenstein was written by a woman

Did you read what the fucker said?

Fun fact:
Frankenstein is a shit novel, only the basic plot concept is good

Personally, I'd rate season 3 about the same as season 1, and season 1 didn't click with me right away.

The only season 3 episode that I really liked was the very first one, even though I thought it was weird how Summer was the one who figured dead Rick would have his own portal gun.

I'm liking season 3 just fine. I dunno, I haven't noticed any decline, still has funny moments, exciting moments.

I know. I know. It makes no sense. I feel bad for people who can't just enjoy things instead of turning on them the moment it becomes cool to hate something. The new season is excellent, I think some of the psychological themes about traumas and narcissism fly over some people's heads as well.

Dan Harmon being himself is more detrimental than the female writing staff.

I haven't noticed a dip in the quality of the humor so much as the divorce storyline overstaying its welcome and the writers being extremely incompetent in terms of handling Jerry especially.

>season 3 is miles better than Season 1 and 2 combined

The conditioning worked well.

"One-third of the US" earns everything he makes a one-way ticket to obscurity.

A negative number plus a negative number is still a negative number.

>The conditioning worked well
Don't give up user. You're this close to beat the system and save the world.

It's not actual, formal conditioning. Hell, it might be, but I wasn't saying it is.

Yes very laughs ex dee mainstream media is funny and we were always at war with Eastasia.

Which is is the best obscure cartoon currently airing user? You seem to know about the topic.

Define obscure.

>Its almost like the creators brainwashed the new female writers to attack their own gender.

more like they hired them so they could have an excuse to shit on Beth and Summer without fear of getting called out as misogynists or whatever. Presumably the new writers at least enjoyed the previous seasons, so there's no problem there.

>Presumably the new writers at least enjoyed the previous seasons, so there's no problem there
Yeah, no problem with recycling mainstream media shit.

Her husband did a lot of editing, it's unclear which is the original version. I prefer the 1818 version, which is apparently the original, but the 1831 version is what a lot of people recommend.

Summer spent most of the episode in horrible pain.

Too bad we've never had such a society