Who is the better writer and why is it Johns?

Who is the better writer and why is it Johns?

how are the two comparable?
even on a stylistic level, johns and bendis write two entirely different kinds of sentences/plot structures/progressions

Johns generally cares about what he's writing. Like even if the story is bad he'll still try to give characters a neat "fuck yeah" moment that showcases them without feeling too forced. It's not quite comfy but it does leave you feeling good.

Never thought I would type something like this marvel

Well if you used a comedy scene to a comedy scene it would easier

But using a dramatic moment to a comedic moment is pretty much pie to a steak

they're the exact same person

They both pander to the lowest common denominator, the only difference is that Johns knows he's not funny and keeps the quips to a minimum.

The worst you can say about Johns is that his events are essentially a kid playing with his action figures. Not bad, usually, but very simple.

The problem of Bendis is he can only do one thing well, but he is given too many books, and in particular books that dont fit him.

I am not sure if all the different rings with different colours about the "emotional spectrum" were a good idea, and I disliked a lot the character assasination of the Guardians of the Universe.

But then, Bendid did far more damage to the X-Men, in his own run, and also because of his ideas for House of M and Avengers vs XMen.

Both are good.

Ewing and James faggonson are no dimezers.

Johns got Aquaman and Hal GL over. Bendis needed to add Spider-Man/Wolverine in all of his Avenger books to sell them.

I still think it's funny Marvel editorial literally chased Johns away and replaced him with Bendis.

Blunder of the century so far.

Was Johns' Avengers run even that good?

It wasn't bad, but it was extremely edgy.

It was solid. The disease arc was legit great.

Is there such a thing as a non-edgy Johns comic, other than Stars and STRIPE?

he's like Millar but without talent or success

His books aren't edgy in themes, they just have hyperviolence.

Yeah, that's what I meant. He's like Kirkman, except a DCfag. Even JSA got pretty bloody in literally the first arc he did without Goyer.

Whirlwind murdering a prostitute dressed like Jan and then trying to rape her was some pretty edgy subject matter. Sure that characterization always existed, but never that explicit.

Well it's Janet van Dyne, one of the hottest women in the universe. I don't think licking her and spreading her legs open for a taste is "edgy" for Whirlwind in that situation so much as an unfortunate concession to realism.

At least Bendis has written good stuff in the past. Johns has never written anything good.

>Booster Gold
>New 52 Aquaman
>New 52 Justice League after vol 4
>His contributions to 52
>That series of tweets about buying cereal
>Forever Evil

He's not high brow or arthouse but he's a lot of fun, in comparison to Bendis who's been insufferable for a decade.

They both have good stuff to be honest, but Johns has more.

Honestly I think that's the best way to approach events

Millar is way more hit or miss because if he misses, he writes one of the unholy trinity. As for success, it's not that big of a gap.

Is it true that Wolfman basically admitted CoIE was just fanfiction from his childhood?

All of those are middling at best. His JL was straight up bad.

That and Bendis has wrote way much more awful stories when compared to Johns.

>he has to compare a scene that was favorably received on Sup Forums to one that wasn't to justify comparing two shitty writers
Why do people always use the best of DC and the worst of Marvel when comparing? If DC is that much better than why not use some better from Marvel? DC should still hold up as better then...?

except he just signed that Netflix deal that's like 60 million and Kingsmen/Kickass moneyz

and in general he has made a shit ton of movie off all the movies he has spawned like Kick-Ass and Wanted

My biggest gripe with Johns is that he leaves dangling plot threads and never tries to resolve them.

I love his work but I think he's doing a better job working mainly as an editor and being a liaison between DC and WB. His stuff has gotten average lately.

I forget, what's the final member of the unholy trinity?

Has Johns made something of the level of Bendis Daredevil and Ult Spider-Man? Seriously, I dont know, I dont read much of him, and these are the only things that I read from Bendis

His Flash and Green Lantern, I think

keikaku man

>based murata on the list
based murata, man....

Johns comes across as someone who learned to write by reading nothing but superhero comics.

what

I'm going to guess Nemesis.

Yeah, that's what I figured at first, but nemesis is nowhere near as bad as the other two. Unfunnies in particular is a strong contender for the worst comic of all time.

I thought it was Marville that was the last part of the Trinity

Giving Johns editorial control over other books is exactly what they shouldn't do. Johns is best when he's just a writer with little power.

Johns writes for children and Bendis writes for minorities

This thread is the ultimate proof that co doesn't read comics.

Bendis may have turned shit, but Johns will never reach Bendis when he was good.

Ultimately, John's has fans because he does a lot of fan service, while Bendis has a lot of haters because he doesn't.

That's not a good example of what Johns is capable of doing. In fact, I totally would've shit on Johns had I known him just for this.

Bendis has like 4 Eisners and Johns has a single Spike TV award

You say that like it's a bad thing?

>Green Lantern
>The Flash
>Aquaman
He needs to go back to writing ongoings. They tend to be highpoints for the characters.

>while Bendis has a lot of haters because he doesn't.

Yeah, I'm sure it has nothing to with the fact Bendis writes phoned in garbage despite being slightly aware it's garbage.

I think he should stay CCO honestly, in that position he can express his genuine love for the characters, and doesn't get to write anything.

Hey, Johns writes for manchildren. Children are just a bonus.

>in that position he can express his genuine love for the characters
In what way? By making sure they don't die?

Rebirth has mostly been him, he can make sure other writers handle characters correctly. I feel like when he's allowed to write books he just masturbates and does fanservice for himself.

Fuck off, his Daredevil run is the only "good" thing he's written. Batman Earth 1 is good, Aquaman is good, JSA is good, the Superman stuff he's written is good (Last Son and Brainiac), Infinite Crisis is good, The Flash is good.

Also Daredevil is an easy character to write for it's sad most writers fuck up Matt so spectacularly.

his love like making Kon into a moody faggot or Tim into a moody faggot or Bart into a moody faggot or Garth into a dumbass or his rogue-wank or his love of characters by throwing out there entire sacrifice or growth as Spectre

>Batman Earth 1 is good, Aquaman is good, JSA is good, the Superman stuff he's written is good (Last Son and Brainiac), Infinite Crisis is good, The Flash is good.

Everything you mentioned except IC is mediocre. IC is totally crap.

Also, Bendis has Ult.Spiderman and Powers on his belt. Johns has nothing even remotely as good.

By going Superboy Prime on DC editorial if they displease him.

Rebirth hasn't been that great. It's a step in the right direction, so I guess we owe him that much. Green Lantern and Aquaman are pretty good now to be fair, but I'd still rather see him back on a title he loves. He gives them a certain gravitas and direction that is missing from a lot of books at the moment.

Parker's Aquaman was immediately better though

I like the one with Johnny Quick, and Captain Cold.

This should have been taken as a direct threat

Anyone know why he did a random one shot with Lemire?

Superboy Prime is the greatest cosmic villain created because he's autistic comic book readers made manifest and he becomes that in Infinite Crisis. The fact that you fail to see that proves your autism.

Jerk off to Riri Williams some more then. Also other than Johns Justice League what has Johns written which is truly bad?

I feel like people who like Johns haven't read a lot of comics. Not even cape comics. Bendis used to be good, but Johns has always been as bad as modern day Bendis.

Rebirth is the worst era for DC. Bendis and Johns, both the leading men for their companies, have collectively destroyed capeshit.

When did I say that Riri is good? If anything, I openly admitted that Bendis has turned to shit. But at least he wasn't always shit.

Nice one. Have an up vote.

You didn't mention Green Lantern or GL related events. Why? Whenever people praise Johns on this board they almost never mention the GL stuff.

Why?

He took a bland series that was going nowhere and revolutionized that shit. Is there something i'm not getting?

The JSA SJWs imply otherwise.

Hey Sup Forums used to have patrician taste.

It was for a Vertigo anthology.

>SJWs
What?

Sorry, owls.

What do JSA storytimes even prove? This guy is a Johnsfag and proves otherwise

I don't read or care for Green Lantern, I'm not saying it isn't good, I just won't include it when I myself haven't read it and don't want to praise things I haven't read.

You are deliberately ignoring that Johns wrote the definitive Flash run (at least as good as Bendis' Daredevil), revived Green Lantern and expanded its universe in an exceptional way, made Aquaman great again.

Saying that Johns "was always shit" is false and you know it, as is saying Bendis was, at one point, godlike.

speedforce wank, Roguewank, colorwank, Sinestrowank
Aquaman was great since the 90s
Johnsfags are retarded

I never said he's shit. He's just always been below par

His Flash was nowhere as good as Bendis' DD. His Flash wouldn't even be in top 10 runs of that decade. His GL was power rangers tier. His Hal didn't even have any kind of character and was a regression from Dematteis' Hal in Spectre.

>(You)

Different user. In your opinion, who in Marvels current roster do you consider above par.

Slott

Johns unironically writes for (You)s. That's how JL Darkseid War always hit like 300+ Replies because even how boring the entire issue was, he'd sneak in like a few pages that was sure to get a lot of people's attention.

Johns can make Aquaman sell. Bendis is struggling to get Defenders to maintain even 30K units. You tell me.

Aquaman and Booster Gold were solid IMO. Blue and Gold is easily one of my favorite JLI Stories and what I point out whenever an user says Johns hated that era of the League.

he was a screenwriter before I think?

>Johns hated that era of the League
He did. He gets a hold of Booster and Ted and he just ups their power level like that's gonna change shit. He didn't get the lightheartedness of that era. His Booster Gold run was far too short(2 arcs) and the last arc was too long for what it was.

>He gets a hold of Booster and Ted and he just ups their power level like that's gonna change shit.
How did he up their power level in any conceivable form?

They were two goofballs and then Johns made Booster the greatest hero of all time and Ted the smartest.

Johns writes every character the same and makes them boring. Johns is where Hal, Barry and Cyborg being boring comes from. He even wrote Aquaman in the same way.