Valt The Wonder Deer

They aired the episodes all the way up to the season finale, but didn't air the season finale. At least I was able to watch the episodes I missed previously, like the one that introduced the valley girl bird villain.

youtube.com/watch?v=lzzCqzvmxEM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zCJMaOXn6KM
toonzone.net/animation-abroad-dreameast-pictures-valt-wonder-deer/
youtube.com/watch?v=juc2IFHzSSY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They ultimately defeated Jia in episode 50, as she was just a minor antagonist, but she'll be back in season two.

youtube.com/watch?v=zCJMaOXn6KM

Good, now I can post this:
toonzone.net/animation-abroad-dreameast-pictures-valt-wonder-deer/

Season two has some interesting twists, based on the leaks. I'm not a big fan of some of the concepts they're going to be working with, but I'm glad the show is continuing.

Last non-OP bump.

Thanks. With pretty much every episode having aired in the UK, I don't have any reason to keep making more threads. Show just isn't going to gain traction until it gets a US premiere, which is a shame.

He apparently becomes king at the end of season one, since season two's leaks reference him as the king and concept art shows his palace. His parents aren't dead, but I guess they stood aside to let him rule after he saved the world.

Well, if you record all the episodes and... perhaps... one day... just share all of them? That's a good reason to make a thread.

So what exactly is this?

The best way that I can describe it is that it's a more kid-friendly Avatar: The Last Airbender. The main character has to travel the world in order to master his powers and defeat a tyrant ruler who captured his parents. There's direct continuity between episodes and season one established a lot of things that season two is going to build on.

The villains do say the word kill, and talk about killing Valt and his friends, so it's not like it's super childish. But it clearly skews a bit younger and the stakes generally seem lower.

youtube.com/watch?v=juc2IFHzSSY

>in b4 muh serious show

I said it was more kid-friendly. It's more childish than Avatar. There are fewer dramatic moments. There are a couple of dramatic moments in Valt, but Avatar had more.

Well......... right.

This like Chinese Bambi Lion King by way of Krypto the Super Dog?

It was made by Americans. The Chinese just paid for it. It's a Rock Dog scenario.

On a scale of Lion Guard to Wakfu, with a middle of Miraculous Lady Bug where would you place it?

Did they have a say in the creative direction?

Probably. They wanted the show to promote Chinese culture, but I don't know how involved they were in the process. The creator of SheZow was one of the main writers for the show, for example.

link ep 1?

Don't have it, I'm afraid. The show starts off pretty slow anyway, as the first few episodes set up the plot and then all of his guardians arrive. He doesn't even leave his homeland until the 11th episode.

then how'd you watch it?

The network has a live-stream. They used to air the show three times a day, but now it's down to two. There is no on-demand, however, so I could only watch it when they aired it.

Tomorrow's episodes should be 23 and 24.

is Valt an interesting character?

He comes off a bit self-righteous and preachy. He makes mistakes, but is quick to learn from them. I feel like that makes him a little bland. His fighting style is alright and I like his powers, although he only gets a new one every ten episodes or so.

I liked him well enough.

Cobalt is Valt's childhood friend, and the only one who is with him at the start of the show. He's basically the show's Sokka, being the only one without magical powers and is mainly the groups' thinker. He gets a Felix The Cat type magic bag at a later point in the show.

when does he betray him?

Kem is the first of his guardians to arrive. He can change his size by eating different colored foods. There's a twist with him at the end of the season when it's revealed he's the main villain's son. If you pay attention to the show, you can sort of figure that out half-way through.

Trika is the second of his guardians to arrive. She's a healer from the Land of Earth, and has a magical third eye that lets her see what can't normally be seen. Despite being a healer, she heals very little in the first season. Can't help but feel they dropped the ball there.

Yark arrives third. If there was a character I feel the show could do without, it's him. He's stubborn. He's constantly griping. He's just not very fun. He was raised in a monastery and serves as the group's primary muscle, alongside Kem, although he does have ice powers. I just don't like Yark very much.

Alia is the last one to arrive. She's a teleporting phoenix. Not much to say about her. She burns their enemies with flame attacks and teaches Valt how to teleport.

He doesn't. There's an episode about him betraying Valt, but it's a ploy on his part.

The betrayal from Valt's prophecy was honestly a bit of a let-down, and happened from a character introduced way late in the season. That character had many opportunities to betray him, however, and only did so later on, so the betrayal didn't even make sense to me.

This was their first world map for the show.

They tweaked it and changed it a bit, several times. I wish it were more complete. A lot of empty places even on the more finished maps.

The version the characters use in the show, oddly enough, isn't very detailed at all.