Was this a good superhero parody?

Was this a good superhero parody?

Yes. It was good, but not great.

this was superior to boku no hero academia
prove me wrong

I think the protagonist getting his parents powers after all was kind of shitting on the premise

>boku no hero academia is a sequel series to sky high

The main girl isn't a stupid pansy.

I will happily grant you stupid. Most of the characters in Sky High were. But, pansy? He was an unpowered normal in a school full of supers and he still stood up to them. How was he a pansy?

(Unless you're using pansy in the old way, as in a homosexual, in which case, yeah, I ship Will and Mister Boy, too.)

But BnH is an adaptation.

It's not Sup Forums in any shape or form.

An interesting take on the fantasy school concept at least. This time superhero school since it works on the concept of there being so many silver age ones that they had enough kids to fill a school

isn't that a pretty common thing?
to be fair at least the reveal was halfway so the protag has some character crisis to do.

doing so during the end feels like an asspull.

I find it funny that this was supposed to be about teenaged superheroes in High School but the adults are the best part of the movie

Then watch the Disney Channel version called Up Up and Away where the kids never gets powers.

It's only like a year older and George Jefferson is the grandfather.

so that girl's power was to turn into a guinea pig

just a guinea pig

y

... I was talking about the main girl.

But yeah, the main character is a bit limp on the having a spine department... tbf, bokuhero has a similar issue, but the main character in that story is refusing to see a reality where he doesn't have a spine... and that denial of his reality makes him a LOT more compelling than some teen pretending he has super powers.

Would be fun to see some more of this setting.

Maybe the school can have some rivalry between the superpowered students and the gadget/mystic object using hero students.

Would someone like Green Lantern be placed in sidekick because they technically do not have powers? Or would the powered students not respect them as much. And the armor wearing people would be the geeks of the chool.

Was it really a parody? It was just a lighthearted take on a supers setting, it didn't really lampoon the genre or make jokes out of the very assumptions of the idiom. A series can be comedic without being a parody per se.

And it had Bruce motherfucking Campbell as Coach Boomer, so shit yeah it was good.

I am a 'tard trying to respond on my phone w/out my glasses. Managed to read "girl" as "guy". Post withdrawn.

>phoneposter

I know. I am the lowest of the low. I have to look up just to hope to catch a glimpse of the worms burrowing beneath a pcposter's feet.

Truly, I am unfit to live.

Anything set in a school is garbage. It is a microcosm that should not be glamorized.

I just remembered that there will be a sequel of this

Bad memories, user?

Bnh is the spin off of sky high

Not really. Just don't like schooling getting the fanfare of "best time of your life". None of the shit in high school matters. Everything is a fool's errand. Popularity is a dumb concept & most people do not go through big life changes like meeting their future wife in high school.

Making high school students save the day is so damn trite. The adults should be saving their asses & beating their asses ninety percent of the time.

Eh, if anything, it helps the point made that you could confuse the two so easily.

... I feel like I got cheated out of a real High School experience. I had a 3.4 average and was still in the bottom 50 percentile at my high school....

God we were ALL such nerds.

I'd say one big change happens. High school is where most people (first and second world, anyway) start to really discover who they are and maybe who they want to be. That's a pretty important time in a person's life. It's also where you begin to really learn how to socialize on an adult level. And, popularity is part of that. Yes, it can be horrible if you're on the outside. (Hell, it can be bad if you're on the inside, too.) But, it's an important aspect of socialization that stays with you throughout your life. Learning how to get along with others be likable, if not necessarily "popular", is basically how society works.

High schoolers saving the day is fairly trite, I'll happily agree, but keep in mind that the movie was aimed at teen audiences and that's what they're going to identify with. Besides, having ANYBODY swoop in and save the day is rather trite at this point.

cont.

There are no new stories, only new iterations of old ones.

Not really. I disagree that plant girl (whatever her name was) was a pansy, either. She just didn't want to be involved with all the cape nonsense, and logically who could blame her? Most sane people wouldn't want to get caught up in a perpetual war , which is what the whole superhero genre is. Having powers doesn't meant that you automatically want to go around fighting other people with powers. That's like saying the owning a pistol means you want to go around constantly getting into gunfights with other gun owners.

I feel that a lot of high school is getting involved in shit that really doesn't matter or is worth the time, work, or heart put into it, kinda like says.

Sure, here

Meh. Have to agree to disagree, here. The coursework can be pretty tedious, but even if you don't use 99% of what you learn that other 1% will have value your entire life. And, again, the socialization is most definitely valuable. It may not go well for the individual in question, and there will always be outliers that are harmed by it rather than helped, but it provides skills needed to function in society.

dubs tell the truth

That's a great movie, it makes me wonder why we don't get more OC superhero movies because the setting's fantastic.

Also fun fact, Will wears his parents's colors in literally every scene, i thought it was a nice touch.

Why not? The whole point is that they got shitty powers and had to be relegated to sidekick as a result.

shockingly decent

Shit I was genuinely sad that kid was the only non powered member of his family. That really sucked

Will didn't necessarily have to remain powerless. But I think it would have been conceptually stronger if he'd gotten a shitty power that would relegate him to sidekick and was forced to learn how to use it creatively like his friends

Except for glow in the dark kid. He was still pretty useless

Have any of the villains in BnH been turned back into a baby, grown up again and decided their grand revenge would be seducing that hero's son to troll him?

Because that's pretty anime.

I would kill for that to be Ochaco's secret origin

>your gf will never be voiced by patrick warburton

Why even live?

>warren peace
>war and peace
>a conflicted hothead
How is this not pottery

>Warren Peace is now Holden on The Expanse

Weird.

It wasn't really a parody. It was a fun movie though.