Gentle remind that the entire 20th century was a reaction to the trauma of WWI

have a fucking look at this Hell on Earth.

Please no war, Sup Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=QTGRUd8fios

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/k4Pd527GN48
youtube.com/watch?v=aDaOgu2CQtI
youtube.com/watch?v=oSwGT_-WrhE
justfourgeeks.com/category/podcasts/lotr/
youtube.com/watch?v=TvVh-DVhroQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

sounds reasonable

gentle reminder that the entire 20th century was a reaction to the trauma of the French Revolution and Napoleonic Wars*

Tbh number 5 is the only one thats really spoopy

>bro, you don't even know the start

Except the world needs a great war to correct it's course again. Empires need to fall, the population need to be cut back, people need to remind them what it is to be a man, & most of all, niggers need to be shot

what about the first 14+ years?

I was serious though :'(
Why do nobody never take me seriously :'(((

Because you can keep going down the line on what influenced wars. You could essentially say the Hohenstaufen/Welf war caused WWII.

This
Modern democracy is basically a misinterpretation of ancient knowledge. Modern democracy means that the large crowds are tyrannized by smaller crowds. Monarchy is the only sollution

though the enternal butthurt Germans got after being invaded by Napoleon was the ground on which Hitler could make his promise: "Let's make Germany great again", referring to the sacrifices of German people in the 19th century to finally create in 1871 a country as great as France, from a door rug. This 1871 war butthurted the French, which gave everything in WWI, which butthurted the Germans to start WW2.

But you can't really go any further than the French Revolution, can you?

Anons if you look closer you will see that it is not a lion but rather a pig.

I really don't how true what you claim is, yourself being European probably qualifies you better to know your own history.

But fuck man, Russian Revolution and WWII are apples that fell directly from the tree of WWI. And fuck me if those two things did not resonate the rest of the century, though much less today.

>frogposters

>the entire 20th century was a reaction to the trauma of WWI
i hate this kind of oversimplified, reductionist bullshit. i'll traumatize your boypussy you fucking faggot

WWI and russian revolution were practically simultaneous.

Again, WW2 seems (in Europe) more caused by Napoleon than by WWI. Also, the Russian Revolution essentially started before WWI. The ideas where here (again, where do they come from? :>), the people was ready... And it just happened that mid WWI, the Tsar was weak enough that they started the Revolution. But they would have done it no matter what imho.

The horror of trench warfare, greater than any seen before, and honestly greater than any that have been seen since. It was basically Europe committing suicide.

I don't think he's wrong. WWII was a reaction to WWI and the Cold War was a reaction to WWII.
Underneath it all was the United Kingdom and it's ally the United States having a fear of a sole power in Europe derived from the Napoleonic Wars.

the liberals were suppose to be the anti war side but thanks to obama merkel, hillary and other liberals in the west they are now the war mongers. but the conservatives also want war

there will be war. they lied to you when they said there wont be any large scale wars. they didnt have the foresight to see what was ahead of them. large wars are inevitable

Indeed.

WW2 was the final battle of WW1.

Dispassionate and concise, I like it.

>America fearing a single power in Europe

Then why did we always upset the traditional system of rebalancing power on the continent by coming in at the very end?

Why did we create NATO?
Why do we promote the EU?

Divide and conquer. He's wrong on his part, but you indeed supported wars within Europe since you can lend money to belligerents, and especially drift further ahead. You don't like challengers, that's why you're such a baby everytime you loose a war.

You posted the wrong video OP

youtu.be/k4Pd527GN48

Posting only to say that monument is top tier

I don't see how NATO or the EU are an example of divide and conquer m8. More like 'you were divided, and have therefore been conquered'.

gentle reminder that you ain't seen nothing yet

and that lion was a memorial for the swiss guard during the French Revolution

>NATO
>EU

A bullwark against the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact.

Now the UK is leaving Europe we have handed the continent to Germany, finally. Germany has just achieved what it failed to do in two World Wars without firing a shot...

The people of Britain who voted to leave the EU should hang their heads in shame. They have betrayed everything their grand parents and great grand parents fought for,

>the United Kingdom and it's ally the United States
The United States pretty much destroyed the British Empire by demanding it break up parts of it in exchange for loans for WW2.

Then the USA threatened to dump the holdings of Sterling so Britain would fuck off out of Suez.

But how, haven't humans been fighting in one of the most traumatic of ways possible, by hacking, stabbing and decapitating each other? Why was WWI such an effective war in mental breakdown?

Maybe Britain is better as the outside balancer rather than as a member. That's how it often influenced the continent in the past.

dumb mountain jew pussy

>democracy
there's that word again you dumb russian rape baby. napoleon was creating a republic, not a fucking democracy

lack of sleep might've had something to do with it

I'm not saying that Napoleon was bad. He was the leader France needed and needs again.

>outside """balancer"""

that's wrong. the uk willingly gave up their empire since they got btfo so bad by germany. the history you're referring to is british propaganda which is something they are so great at

This. There were horrible wars and plagues before and people recovered.

Stop being a pussy. But ww1 was a mistake, obviously.

In the past Europe was a collection of waring nations, there was no political unity. Today, there is a supranational organization called "the European Union". This is a political entity that exercises control over the entire continent. Germany is now the lead player.

The UK cannot exercise influence from the outside of this political entity, Germany now has control over the entire project. Germany is now free to create a federal Europe, which it controls.

Bismarck has won.

i don't know what the fuck you're saying. napoleon was never fighting for democracy, he was fighting for liberty and freedom from the monarchies. napoleon never once declared war on anyone. napoleon was the good guy. i know this because the rothschild kikes paid the english to go destroy him

>yfw Napoleon was demonized for nearly a century after his death
>now he is universally respected

When Arthur Conan Doyle called Moriarty "the Napoleon of Crime," it was not intended as a compliment

I wonder if the same will happen to another foreign soldier who rose to absolute control of a great European power, nearly conquered the continent, and then lost in the snows of Russia

>liberty and freedom from the monarchies
what a good goy

>Bismarck has won.

This too shall pass.

Learn to read. Did I ever say Napoleon (an Emperor) was fighting for Democracy?

On a side note he conquered because leading an offensive war takes a lot of resources.

Napoleon did nothing wrong man.

But we need a good war every now and then. To quote Dawn of War; Peace breeds complacency, complacency breeds weaknesses.

Artillery fire and being forced to maintain position. Lot different then hunting goat farmers in hummers.

There was a phenomenon known as "drum fire" where cannons firing shells four times larger than that of an Abrams tank fired with such frequency that it sounded like a rolling snare drum.

So you hear that, all day and all night, for weeks on end. At night the screams of thousands of men younger than you cry out for death and for their mommies. There is no peace. So you're living in a trench filled with shit and the remains of your friend who got his head blown off that you couldn't bury, so you just dug a 12 inch deep hole and now you drink your morning coffee an inch away from his rotting corpse. That coffee cup, by the way, you use it to take a shit in, since you can't go above the trench, so after you shit in it, you toss it over the top, rinse it out, and attempt to drink from it.

All of your friends are dead, all of your new friends will die, you will likely die, and if you're lucky it will be quick.

The whistle sounds and you go up and over, into a field that looks like a muddy version of the moon, littered with corpses in all states of decay, from brand new to skeletonized, because the battle you're taking part in hasn't moved anywhere in more than a year.

So you go up and over, then tumble down into a massive crater with green water tainted by poison gas, with oily bubbles from the decomposing fat of the corpses contained within them.

You manage to work your way out instead of drowning in putrid filth, only to have a shell blow your penis, jaw and hands off. So you lie there in the mud bleeding out, and someone drags you back, and using 1917 era medicine somehow manages to keep you alive.

That's your life now. Also you can't walk because the constant concussion from the shells rattled your brain so much that it fucked your cerebellum up. You spend the rest of your days in a early 1900s sanitarium and are essentially treated as an animal.

Nobody wanted to experience this shit.

>But we need a good war every now and then

America really is the new Prussia.

I can't believe of all places on the entire internet, that someone is not calling out The Jew with reference to who controls Europe.

Britain exited the EU to gain a semblance of national sovereignty from the ZOG EU

go to bed you stupid virgin cuck

Sadly, this. Humans need hardship to flourish.
Success is what allows liberals to exist and after that, it's back to hardship.

Gentle remind that the entire European history was a reaction to Julius Fucking Caesar

it was a joke dummy

it's just a Paki, ignore him

WW1 was fucked. Relatively modern weapons combined with outdated battle tactics and an old way of thinking that's hard to comprehend all fed into the most awful war ever fought, all for no reason.

it was a shit joke because i've been seeing pro monarchy faggots on here lately and they aren't joking

so can we agree that war causes more war and that there is no way to stop the cycle?

yeah,we're still in that reaction,but it's still part of a bigger reaction, like that one chink said when asked about the consequences of the french revolution: "It's too soon to say.",and that in itself is a reaction to past events,that's how history goes,it's a reaction to a reaction to a reaction etc.

>walked into an airplane propeller
>GARISH RED SPLATTER EFFECT

Tacky as fuck. It's something I'd expect to see on our commercial free-to-air news.

Not really.

Don't enforce a no-fly zone in syria to keep the fucking petrodollar propped up. Don't send the children of people you'll never meet off to kill because it's convenient.

There. I just prevented WW3. Captcha was Hill Road.

This, God damn it.

This.

I thought that blacks and shiiiiiit fought in WWI or is DICE and EA lying to me?

Western Front was 60% black, shitlord.

It's was a war fueled by industrialized economies, which meant it could be on a huge scale and dragged on until coffers were empty. In the past, armies confronted one another over a couple of days and then went home to re engage again later, and life went on.

reminded me of this

youtube.com/watch?v=aDaOgu2CQtI

this is the most underage post ive seen all day

((they)) won't allow it
WW3 is inevitable

It'll create a power vacuum (((they))) aren't anticipating.

But yeah, we're all fucked and probably gonna end up with our dicks shot off in a mental hospital.

No, we won't, we'll end up shadows on a wall after incineration by nuclear fire.

It's footage like this that makes you relieved by the invention of the tank

youtube.com/watch?v=oSwGT_-WrhE

HOLY SHIT THE SHELL SHOCKED SOLDIERS.

EXACTLY HOW THE "wandering mother base soldiers" ARE WHEN YOU FIND THEM IN MGSV. KOJIMA A GENIUS

this is far worse than anything in the wars prior in history. Sure you were cut up or stabbed but that was it. The "injury" was minor compared to this and there was a 95% chance you would die on the line of attack.

Now things changed and with "modern medicene" you could "live" with your injuries obtained from the war. But what is living when you are fucked out of your mind from the shell shock and you are missing half your limbs.

I'm sure most would of begged for a bullet right then and there if they had to face living like that.

Christ, that's sickening.

based monument

U.S. Civil War was up there too, though it didn't have the trench warfare aspect. War has always been hell, but relatively modern firearms combined with 19th century tactics and 19th century medicine made for some truly fucked up stuff.

The longest battles in history before then were basically a few days.

There were no battles like this lasting for months on end. It simply didn't happen. Sure there was such a thing as a siege, but a siege is different. In WWI the entire country of Germany was essentially sieged, as the British used their superior navy to create a total blockade. In the "Turnip Winter" of 1916, over 720,000 German civilians starved to death. Nothing like this had even been seen before. WWI was a total departure from the "polite" wars of centuries past, where armies of tens of thousands of men fought for a couple of days, a winner was declared, some territorial concessions were made, and everyone went home to have some pastries in their palaces. WWI was basically, we're going to bleed your fucking country until it goes into shock. Turns out Europeans were way tougher than they had imagined one another to be.

Anothwr interesting aspect of WWI is that nobody really knew who was going to win. Up until 1918 both sides had come to near total defeat multiple times.

beat me to it

Of course, but we're still in the 100-year shadow of the event. There's knock-on effects from these sorts of events. The black death was still having reverberations centuries later in the economics of Europe.

The beatniks and the hippies and the degeneracy of Western Civ were all a consequence of WW1.

Mordor is heavily inspired by the western front battlefields Tolkien lived through.

Twas naught but a mere family squabble.

They have them in Europe all the time, IT'S WHAT ALL OUR ANCESTORS WHO EMIGRATED HERE WERE FLEEING FROM, THE GREAT GAME OF THRONES!

READ WASHINGTON'S LETTERS!

>Gentle remind that the entire 20th century was a reaction to the trauma of WWI

WWI happened 1914-1918, moron.

I agree with no war

My friends, listen:

justfourgeeks.com/category/podcasts/lotr/

youtube.com/watch?v=TvVh-DVhroQ

Come on man there's no denying that WWI marks the end of 19th century ways of life and philosophy.

Wrong. It was Edward the 7s meddling and spider Web like alliances that caused the atrocities of the first half of the 20th century.

>When Arthur Conan Doyle called Moriarty "the Napoleon of Crime," it was not intended as a compliment
Anglos spouting shit about Napoleon, how unexpected.

guy moved as the photo was taken. big deal.

I thought Cameramen were banned from the frontlines