/og/ - Orthodox General

In Aristotle's work, "catharsis" (purgation) is about giving the passions an outlet. In Orthodoxy, catharsis means conquering the passions, instead of appeasing them. Only then can the true you be found, for before then, you are not a unified will, thought or desire, but a sea and manifold of wills, thoughts and desires, all in dissonance and struggling with no cohesion against each other.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5RmFO-wXTQc
vocaroo.com/i/s0cbjyst8Wg4
youtube.com/watch?v=he4059CQL0c
abbamoses.com/fasting.html
oca.org/questions/dailylife/orthodox-fasting
youtu.be/3jbjcobufzw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder: These Orthodox Christian threads are started by the tripfag tranny known as Constantine (!!m+/90K/qoQS). Constantine was run out of /lit/ and /his/ for spamming religious threads and generally being a moron. He has been three different religions in the past 2 years, and was an adult convert to Anglicanism (despite being American) before becoming Greek Orthodox.

This is him/her/it: youtube.com/watch?v=5RmFO-wXTQc

When you reply to these threads, you feed this creature's ego.

And here...we... go!

Keemstar spotted

>In Aristotle's work, "catharsis" (purgation) is about giving the passions an outlet. In Orthodoxy, catharsis means conquering the passions, instead of appeasing them. Only then can the true you be found, for before then, you are not a unified will, thought or desire, but a sea and manifold of wills, thoughts and desires, all in dissonance and struggling with no cohesion against each other.
Catharsis is such a simple idea, I figured even you were incapable of over-analyzing it. It's a big word for something we do everyday. Letting off steal. Eating some junk food, watching a movie, fucking, fighting, arguing, drinking, etc. Jet getting some emotional release.

>steal
Oh I'm so happy to finally get an ortho thread to ruin that I can't even type!!!

Prove it faggot

Do I bring a bible to a funeral?

Is consuming seafood, sunflower oil and beer breaking the spirit of the fast?

They're all technically allowed, but I feel like they may break the spirit of the fas.

I sang for you Constantine: vocaroo.com/i/s0cbjyst8Wg4

I'm gonna get u
ur gonna love me
no doubt about it
im gonna get u

The Dragon has promised it!

Bring some condoms but leave the bible at home

Make me fgt

Should I bring a bible to a funeral?

Generally all oil is included in fast days. Beer is also grouped with wine, unless your Church is of a culture where low alcohol beer was historically consumed by the boatloads every day as much as water.

I think even sea food without backbones is prohibited on fast days, except where explicitly permitted.

You can bring a hand written copy only, per the standard Funeral Rules

Not unless you plan to read it at said funeral

Can you eat cum during fasts? Like if you're a tranny and your bf really wants you to swallow it?

Said died?????????/ OMFG

Cut to 30 secs in for a treat, meow!

youtube.com/watch?v=he4059CQL0c

So I guess it's not necessary to bring my bible?

Bring it in your cavernous ass.

Yea him too.

Bring or not bring

It is so satisfying to me when Consty ignores me, because I know that he/she/it has been considering how to handle me and this is his/her/its latest brilliant idea. I get me hard.

Not unless you intend to read it.

kys

RED WHITE AND BLUE!!!!!!!

No, why don't you KISS YOURSELF AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I'm following this

>Unless a fast-free period has been declared, Orthodox Christians are to keep a strict fast every Wednesday and Friday. The following foods are avoided:

>Meat, including poultry, and any meat products such as lard and meat broth.

>Fish (meaning fish with backbones; shellfish are permitted).

>Eggs and dairy products (milk, butter, cheese, etc.)

>Olive oil. A literal interpretation of the rule forbids only olive oil. Especially where olive oil is not a major part of the diet, the rule is sometimes taken to include all vegetable oils, as well as oil products such as margarine.

>Wine and other alcoholic drink. In the Slavic tradition, beer is often permitted on fast days.

abbamoses.com/fasting.html

>brony faggot
kek, islam is the only religion

Ok i'm not bringing my bible to a funeral tomorrow.

It's your fault if everyone else brought theirs.

How these threads work: Consty makes the thread. My bot beeps my phone telling me a thread has been made, it also posts the tranny thing as the first post. Then I come in and start being naughty/saging every post I make. The thread gets to page 5 or 6 because literally no one else gives a flying fuck. Consty phonebumps, or uses a second computer, or some other similar method to bump. These bumps are always so damned timely, must be divine intervention! Odd how the other Ortho threads made by other fags just drift away to page 10 and fall off. But Consty is too smart for that, lol. She's so smart. She bumps her own threads!

You don't need a bible at a funeral you stupid fuck. You stupid, autistic faggot. Go fuck off and die.

Threadly Reminder: The only religion that pleases God is utter submission to his will. Remember the testimony of the Shahada: "There is no god but God. Muhammad (pbuh) is the messenger of God." The Son of Mary (pbuh) was only a messenger, sent to Israel. Regarding his mission, Jesus (pbuh) said, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." (Matthew 15:24)

Through the wisdom and the gift of the Quran and the Sunnah, we are able to discern what God's will is for us. To worship him in utter submission, to remain faithful, and to receieve his rewards. But we must always remember, worshiping others who are not God, including the Son of Mary (pbuh), is the greatest blasphemy we can commit. Remember the words of the Quran, where it is written: "Far be it from His glory to have a son." (Quran 4:171)

The chapters of the Quran begin with the reminder that God is merciful and compassionate. He will forgive us our sins, even the heinous sin of joining partners with Him, if we come to him in earnest repentence.

Always remember the simple, yet powerful words of Quran chapter 112, known as "The Purity", because of the purity of it's message.

>In the name of God, the Gracious, the Merciful.
>1. Say: He is God, the One.
>2. God, the Absolute.
>3. He begets not, nor was He begotten.
>4. And there is nothing comparable to Him.

It is God's will that all of you will leave behind your innovation and idolatry and return to the True Faith , the pure monotheism, of Abraham (pbuh), Moses (pbuh) and Jesus (pbuh).

oca.org/questions/dailylife/orthodox-fasting

Orthodox fasting is not about dietary laws like the Jews have, and trying to lawyer them (like Jews do with their laws) defeats the purpose.

Stop talking to yourself

>trying to lawyer them (like Jews do with their laws) defeats the purpose

I literally asked you about ALLOWED foods, and whether they break the spirit of the fast since they're technicalities

Shut up

So what are you lads up to tonight famalamadingaringdongdoos?

That Joe Buck has some crazy fucking hair plugs huh? I can barely watch the series.

There is no hard and fast rules. I personally abstain from all alcohol where wine is not permitted, and all oil where olive oil is not permitted. If you have particular issues, such as health or work, that makes this too difficult for you, talk to your priest. It all depends on the situation. Like I said before, for instance, in Orthodox countries where low alcohol beer is an integrated part of everyday life, people absolutely have it on fast days, including Lent. Trying to legalize the Fast too much is also breaking the spirit.

If I pray to Jesus for wealth and he doesn't give me wealth and I died, can I kick his faggot jew ass for not coming through?

He seems like a nice young man, I feel sorry for his tranny issues and I'll pray for him

So you drink alot Cunsty? That's too bad. You should pray for god to set u free from ur addiction. Addickshon lol

Mashallah Akhi.

Reporting. Also this is a kike. Filter/ignore.

Working. I've got an actual job and I get tendies for it.

Reminder: Orthodox Christards are the second most retard christian denomination, after mormons.

La Ialaha Ilah Allah

There is no God but Allah

Walaw Karihal Kafirun

Even if the deliverers hate it

As in zero cheese pizzas m8. Zero.

>Mormons
>Christians
That's like saying Muslims are Christians.

Why are you replying to him after you just said to filter him?

--I wonder if he knows he's performing a kabballic ritual during the Hajj. Islam is Talmudic Jedaism's bitch religion :DD.

Haven't given up on him. He's alright sometimes.

all christians are hypocrites and will go to hell

I don't know. Just a feeling. I think you actually like us a lot, but enjoy breaking our balls.

In what sense are we hypocrites, m8? Explain yourself.

Ignoring him is not giving up on him. By replying to him you're decreasing the quality of the thread and giving him incentive to sin.

>Do not develop a habit of associating with people who are materially minded and involved in worldly affairs.
-Saint Evagrios the Solitary

>Do not allow your countenance to be glad with joy in the company of a man who has relaxed his discipline; but keep yourself from despising him. If he desires to stand up, give him your hand, and till death take concern for him. But if you are still infirm, shun the work of healing.
-Saint Isaac the Syrian

>Keep yourself from conversations, for they are not always profitable.

>If anyone whatsoever opposes us in the fulfillment of God’s commandments, even if it is our father or mother, we ought to regard him with hatred and loathing, lest we be told: ‘He who loves father or mother or anyone else whatsoever more than Me is not worthy of Me’
-Saint Theodoros the Great Ascetic

As long as you reply, he is opposing you, since he is inciting you to disgraceful posts. But if you do not reply, he no longer obstructs your fulfilling God's commands, and you are free to love him.

>Keep yourself from conversations, for they are not always profitable.
This is from Saint Isaac the Syrian

Thank you, brother--I slightly disagree however. Neither Brotherhood nor gentle society is fostered through coldness and individuality.

You claim to worship Allah but you worship 3 gods. God curse you. Dog of hell.

What you point out is a mystery I cannot explain, Muslim. Try not to hold it against me.

Only where they are disinterested in the faith, in which case your only association with them should be enough to be courteous. If they are interested, then associated with them. If they are outright malicious in madness, keep silence

Heh. I think he's afraid of the sinner in himself he sees in you's all. He's fine and well read. A safe choice.

Is that actually a trap?

Assyrian church of the East! Listen to our hymn and join the right side!

youtu.be/3jbjcobufzw

We're in communion with you, brother. It's alright!

Do you disagree with what those saints said?

Allah will hold it against you completely and justly. You still have time to come back to the straight path before you perish. If not, by your neck you will be dragged into the hell fire.

Naw it's just Emma Roberts.

Yes I do Consty.

*slap* translates into women-speak as "answer the question"

THIS IS MY LAST RESORT

That guy is not from the Assyrian Church of the East. He is from the Syriac Orthodox Church, and his monastery was destroyed by rebels, so he fled Syrian and now is a monk among the Georgian Orthodox Church.

Didn't we start the Georgian Church? Look up "13 Assyrian Fathers", I believe they founded it.

Assyrian Church of the East is Nestorian.

Assyrian church of the east (mother and my denomination), Chaldean Catholic church (fathers denomination), and Syriac Church share a relationship like no other churches. We are all ethncially Assyrian though.

That's pretty--but do you see that cube? That box? It's modeled on the funny little hat that Jews wear to the wailing wall. Did you know that? That your entire religion is kike fan fiction? You don't believe me look at their Jewish Star of David or the hexagram on Saturn. You praise their Satan and you don't even know it. Satan is their god. Ever wonder why the Middle East is fucked? It's literally the devil's playground.

Show respect. Don't be ignorant.

My bad. I've never been to Assyria. :)

Syria is technically called Assyria. We call Assyria Suyria which the french called Syria.

Ayy laddie

Nice.

You have an ethnic relation, but you aren't in Communion, so you don't share that relation with us. You're Nestorian.

Assyria
Ssyria
Syria

Know your origin, know your history. Syria was named by the French after the Assyrian/Syriac word for Assyria, being Suryia. They wanted it to be a Christian Assyrian state. Get out mudslimes.

I know, but don't be claiming Orthodox monks singing Orthodox hymns as Nestorians.

>Ever wonder why the Middle East is fucked?
because of crusaders like you

>Orthodox
>crusaders

We sing those same hymns nigger. Even in the Chaldean Catholic church.

You don't sing that hymn, since that particular monk wrote it.

Reminder: These Orthodox Christian threads are started by the tripfag tranny known as Constantine (!!m+/90K/qoQS). Constantine was run out of /lit/ and /his/ for spamming religious threads and generally being a moron. He has been three different religions in the past 2 years, and was an adult convert to Anglicanism (despite being American) before becoming Greek Orthodox.

This is him/her/it: youtube.com/watch?v=5RmFO-wXTQc

When you reply to these threads, you feed this creature's ego.