Why is it such a meme to hate Maximum Carnage? I understand hating the gimmicky way it was put out back then...

Why is it such a meme to hate Maximum Carnage? I understand hating the gimmicky way it was put out back then, but what's wrong with the story itself? I've always liked it

It's a really REALLY dumb story. Don't get me wrong, I love it too, because it's just this insane brawl that drags in so many D-listers, but it's REAL dumb.

I love Carnage. No, I fucking adore him, but Maximum Carnage is just a long, flat conveyor belt of milquetoast plot points that go nowhere and do nothing.

it's one of the most brilliant comic book plots ever. what's wrong with you?

The story is fucking stupid. Ok so Peter cracks his ribs and is handicapped the entire run and also the Fantastic Four are out of town and they had to break into the Baxter Building when they should easily be able to contact or hell, Spider-man could walk right in. He's close with them.

The supporting cast for villains is terrible. You have a low-level psychic, a mindless alien spider-man, an edgelord Goblin and there's no reason why any of them should work together at all.

And for the heroes you have a bunch of characters seemingly drawn from a hat. The only dynamic that worked was Spider-man and Venom begrudgingly working together for once.

The whole run was unfocused and poorly plotted out.

>I like it so anyone disliking it is memeing
That's retarded.

Can we all agree that the probable sequel to this event Slott's writing on next year could be good?

doppelganger is cool

It will have a great premise but be written terribly.

We already had a sequel and it's called Carnage USA

My major gripe about Maximum Carnage is that its another "should heroes kill?" moral dilemma story stretched out for 14 issues. It spends so much time showing us how unrepentant and violent Carnage is but has Spider-Man keep flip-flopping on whether or not he should be executed. The answer is yes. Carnage should absolutely be killed for the greater good. I mean he's worse than Doppelganger and that dude's a literal demon from hell.

The scene where Cap stops that dude from breaking a window is fucking great.

>Norman Osborn getting the Carnage Symbiote and wrecking havoc with it
That does sound fun but i'll probably suck

And now Carnage is an unstoppable cosmic entity. Whoopee.

Carnage is an awful villain, literally just an edgier Joker with a symbiote, that's it. Only mentally challenged 90's kidz like him.

Please explain how Carnage is anything like the Joker?

If anything, it's MODERN versions of the Joker that are ripping off Carnage just like modern Harley is ripping off Deadpool

Carnage was always edgy, he's a red and black alien with sharp black teeth and turns his hands into battle axes, nobody thought of Joker as "edgy" until now

It's shit, but if you don't take it seriously, it's pretty fun.

Joker is just boring at best, cringey and awful at worst.
At his best, Carnage is cosmic horror incarnate. At worst, he's a decent Joker knockoff.
Maximum was a mistake though.

>this is what 90's kids believe

Spotted the Mouseketeer.

I can't even be upset that you think this.
If you summarize Carnage or try to describe him, he's the most lame-duck turd of a supervillain out there. He's a shapeshifting alien hybrid that loves killing and blood and edginess.
It sounds fucking retarded. However, for some reason I can't understand, people have written lots of damned good stories around him. He's basically Batman:One-dimensional, one-note cardboard cutout non-character who, paradoxically, is at the centre of some of the best Superhero stories you can lay hands on.

Except Maximum Carnage. That just sucked.

Don't think you know what that means. That term originally was about MCU sycophants, not fans of Marvel in general especially those who are defending Carnage, likely a 90s kid who has been a fan long before the Mousing

Almost everyone acted out of character and every plot point was basically trails made by the author and not a usual issue. Also the fact that it took 14 issues to tell a 4 issue story didn't help, there was a lot of padding in that whole thing.

Doppelganger is actually a cosmic forged ultra clone of Spider-man that was killed and Demogoblin put the soul of a close demon friend in the corpse because Larry Alexander though the design was too good to waste, however Tom DeFalco took issue with it existing after IW and encouraged it to be killed off.

Ok I'll try to describe Carnage. He's a sadist serial killer with zero interest in fitting in with conventional societal values who's given the opportunity to turn his body into a weapon only limited by his imagination and with his abilities he no longer has to even pretend to fit in with society and goes on a killing spree until someone tough enough comes along to put him down.

He's interesting because there's a morbin fascination people have with infamous serial killers and wondering what they'd do if given a little power.

No.

90s spider man was garbage. Carnage was just a sad attempt at making a scary symbiote after Venom decided to not be a good guy, because every fucking villain did that at some point in the 90s.
This was around the same era of Ben Reilly, Robot Parents, and Rob Leifeld. Mistakes all around

Carnage was a fine attempt at making an edgelord villain, he owns that title and he owns it well

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Carnage serves his purpose, not every villain needs to be a scheming scientist, anti-hero at heart, sympathetic sob story, or would be conqueror.....there does exist a place for villains who are just psychotic serial killers

I thought it was really cool. 90s is the best shit kind of. not so much cerebrally, but for action. this was fantastic action. A great excuse for a huge crossover, and a particularly interesting array of characters involved. you'd never see that anymore, it'd just be 'whoever's comic is selling better'
you wouldnt have fucking dethlok or firestar coming by.
god the idea of turning all of new york kinda crazy by combining the fucked up insanity of several extra fucked villains until it just builds on itself is damned excellent. and relevant.

Axis proves you wrong. You see, had Carnage be killed then, he wouldn't save the day during Axis.

How was it put out?