How does the league get it's funding?

How does the league get it's funding?
Donations?
Wayne's backing?
The government?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xwYCZF49gHM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wayne/Queen/Kord(depending on the universe) funding combined with help from Superman Moving and Welding Incorporated.

Wayne shadow banking. It's all that dark money that never gets put on the books

yes

Superman presses Coal into Diamonds, sells them off in the Metropolis Diamond exchange.

>Superman presses Coal into Diamonds
THIS.
youtube.com/watch?v=xwYCZF49gHM

>Lowering the value of diamond
Diamond's aren't even valuable, it's all artificial scarcity created by the diamond industry

>Could have made a base on earth instead of spending so much research and technology to put a dildo in the sky.

>There are still poor people and third world countries, all that money that was used to build it could have corrected the world's power.

Throwing free money at places doesn't magically fix the economy.

>it's all artificial scarcity created by the diamond industry
Now imagine the markup for "diamond created by Superman" would be.

The team formed because of an Alien Invasion.

>spending so much research and technology to put a dildo in the sky
You do understand that several members of the JL could just CARRY the thing up into space, yes? I mean: Supes, Lantern, Shazam, Manhunter just off of the top of my head could do it SINGLE HANDEDLY.

Likewise multiple JL members have access to alien/future tech that's absurdly advanced ... it's not like they need Waynetech to work out the details.

>If you give money to countries/people that are terrible with money they will become good with money

Superheroes fight injustices user, they don't bail out idiots for jollies.

Was there ever any mention of what happened to this thing by the time of Batman Beyond?

For that matter, how the hell did the Justice League go from dozens, if not hundreds, to like...five?

Every diamond has a small S written using heat vision.

And what about the kids? Shouldn't Captain Marvel be the biggest guy since Superman is old?

>Throwing free money at places doesn't magically fix the economy.

No but throwing free power water and food at them sure would help

Not if the governments get butthurt or steal all the resources before they're given to the people. Superheroes walk a fine line, though sometimes I think they should take down bad countries and make them good. Imagine if Golden Age Superman had Silver Age Superman's power level. What would he do?

Apparently, there was some crisis by ra's al ghul.
And perhaps the Justice League also turned to more interstellar affairs.

No, it fucking hurts them. If a poor country gets free food, their agriculture industry is fucking destroyed. Why would anyone buy a sack of flour from their local farmer when they can get it free (or at least cheaper) thanks to a UN program. So farmers stop plowing fields and the entire country enters a situation where it is impossible for them to exist independently.

Wayne publicly funds the League. Nothing shadowy about it.

Temporarily

Give a guy a fish, teach a guy how to fish etc

Good questions! Consult your book of cyberpunk tropes to find out more.

The JLA base is literally the bastion of humanity from threats coming from outer space. Plenty of times they stop threats because it has to go through them to deal damage to Earth.

They're pretty luck that threats always attack from that side of the planet.

Not enough Leaguers had kids I guess

It is more about no sane enemy leaves the strongest opposing force in his backside. They have to go through the league because they can't leave them there unchecked.

What about divide and conquer? Hit hundreds of population centers on the opposite side of the planet, force the JLA to defend rather than attack, and then pick them off one at a time?

>divide and conquer
>against Flash and Superman
What do you think this is, Marvel? Even Injustice Superman (who is pretty nerfed) was able to kill every Parademon, on a full scale invasion, at the same time. Maybe it could be a problem in the DCAU, but there were enough big guys to handle something like that I'd hope.

Diamonds aren't actually that valuable. He could probably create a billion dollar business just spending a few days a year carrying satellites into orbit or digging undersea tunnels or whatever though

I always imagined superman doing stuff like that and them selling/keeping stuff the confiscate from bad guys.

I was just thinking about this. Like, if Superman needed a hundred million dollars for a worthy cause, how hard would it be for him to earn it honestly and legally through some conventional labour performed at very high speeds? Like, go use your X-Ray vision to find a gold claim in international waters and just dig it up and deliver it to some reputable gold dealer in the space of an hour and a half. Or hell, go find an asteroid with rare earth elements which can't be found natively on Earth and just pull it down to earth and hand it to a development firm he trusts. It's weird to me that he doesn't take some spare time now and then to do stuff like that and then donate the money to worthy causes.

I don't think cyberpunk has a rule about legacy characters

If only there were some sort of super powerful organization that could ensure the money actually got to the regular people it was intended to help and wasn't just embezzled by the local strongman in this scenario, a kind of "justice league" if you will

He'd fuck the economy. I know that sounds weird, but it's true. If Superman endorses a "reputable gold dealer" or a "development firm he trusts", then those people get all of the investment capital. Every other company would collapse because their stock prices plummet. And this ripples far beyond the companies themselves. Millions of elderly people could instantly lose their retirement funds because their 401ks are instantly drained due to such dramatic shifts in the investment portfolio supporting them.

Sounds like Social Justice League

Many villains tried that and failed. The most successful villains were always about taking on separate league members by surprise. Then going on with the plan and forcing the survivors to both save people and fight the bad guy off. Of course usually one or more escapes certain death or capture and saves the others and they roll the opposition every time.

>Flash trying to cop a feel.

All of the above.

He just bought there Wonder Woman from a distance. Diana can see and react to fast moving objects but obviously not with Flash tier speed. I wonder if she could notice Flash touching her at super speed.

Neat.

Fucking Superman can make diamonds out of nothing but dirt.

It blew up and they all died.

The end.

Why would he need hundreds of millions of dollars?

diamonds are actually worthless but the companies that mine them both grossly restrict the market supply to drive up prices and convince everyone their GFs need a shiny rock to inflate demand

mostly wayne but not much really, labour costs are non existent because of superman, GL, MM and flash working on building the machines, any element they need superman can get out of asteroids and turn it into something else in his palms. most shit that bruce should buy are computers and spacecrafts, or rather the materials/parts needed to build them ( which are cheaper than buying a fully assembled plane or rocket ). then the capes, mostly cyborg take care of assembling the parts and so the league has equipment

>go use your X-Ray vision to find a gold claim in international waters and just dig it up
Environmentalists and historians/archaeologists would throw a bitch fit. "muh underwater balance!" "muh historical relics!"
>Or hell, go find an asteroid with rare earth elements which can't be found natively on Earth and just pull it down to earth and hand it to a development firm he trusts
Mining labor unions would throw a bitch bit. "muh pay raise and benefits!"

how would the diamond industry react to that btw?

will they market such diamonds as worthless?

Very hard because Superman wouldn't be paying tax

Yes. Worth less than Cubic Zirconia.

They already do that with factory made diamond, or at least try their best to.

can you imagine funky flashman successfully marketing superman diamonds?

"a physical GOD made this especially for you "

have they made a story about superman trying to stop the african conflict diamond problem by flooding the market with diamonds?

he could probably stop the warlords but then someone new would take their places (rinse and repeat)

Any slightly smarter warlord would probably just go for something else, or any dumber ones would hold his workers hostage.

They could try, but everyone would want the Superman Diamonds anyway.

Yes I know, but much like fiat currency their value still exists on some level.

>Wanting subhumans who can't till their ancestral land to breed.