Was it really that good?

Was it really that good?

yes.

Yes.

Most certainly

Yes.

Yeah.
And Prez was alright too, even if the Election Day Special chapter infuriates me to no end.

Not really. It was good, but not THAT good.

Yes.

Wow, good timing on this thread, I started it today. Read four issues so far, I like it a lot.

No.

yes

These speech bubbles are so good. I hate it when theres a wall of text in every panel. This is perfect. Short and sweet.

it was pretty damn good

I wonder what it would have been like if DeMatteis and Giffen had written this book instead.

For the most part, yeah.

If you're into communist agitprop, sure.

The funniest thing is that the writers hated The Flintstones

I think I need to read this, the art looks really good.

Never mind.

Enough people like it that you will look cool by hating on it.

>Implied monkey-brontosaurus sex

Clearly Gerald has forsaken us.

It was very good, but not as good as the hype suggests. Nothing will beat that first storytime thread where people realized what the comic actually was. Good times.

Sadly this

Unambiguously. Best thing from the big 2 in the past couple of years.

He's full of shit.

Imagine being so retarded as to unironically say this.

the armadillo and the elephant almost made me cry

nigga is david bowie space oddity

What was better? The only thing that comes close in my opinion is the 12 issue Vision series.

Has any comic dealt with social issues as fairly, honestly and deftly as The Flintstones? i don't think so.

Lay it on me, champ. What series in the past 24 months has either Marvel or DC produced which was more consistently entertaining? Let's talk specifics.

I wonder what Russell would be like on a JLI book in the spirit of the original? I feel like it'd be fucking great.

yes

>She knows

Fred was hot and muscular. I can dig it.

Shade is better, but he's just being a cunt

The gun violence issue of Deathstroke, Vote Loki.

Yes.

Liar.

Are you retarded?

>spotted the underage

>12 issue Vision series
Most overrated comic of all time.

Yes. Probably getting overhyped these days, but it's funny with a good balance of lighthearted jokes and dark humor, it has some genuinely emotional moments, and it knows what it is throughout and never goes beyond that. The storytimes were also some of the most fun ones in ages. Had zero expectations for it and turned out to be one of my favorite runs this year.

People who hate this comic have no business breathing.

It was an okay comedy series. It was in no way deep and it also lacked subtlety. I dropped out at #8 though, fuck that shit.

I remember the genocide issue was trending on sites like twitter and Knowyourmeme with people baffled by it (they were all reading it online).
It still didn't save the comic and the interest died out.

Loved the use of the animal tools too. But I lost my shit at them calling each other 'appliance' and seeing Dino as an Uncle Tom.

His name was Vacuum Cleaner.
:_:7

I enjoyed Forever Evil pretty damn much, man.

I think the meritocracy issue with the introduction of religion, the mall and door-to-door salesmen was a great piece of work. They deal with the pros, the cons, the humor. They deal with all 3 situations, and mold them into one moral to a story. All of it in 20 or so pages. It was very done, and I believe it was just the right amount of subtle. Not pretentious, not in your face, not hidden like oh boy this is the best thing ever. Just right.

>You'll never look at recycling the same way...

>"We'll have to recycle it"
>Other guy is about to bash its head in
Rest in peace garbage disposal, I'll always remember you

Im going to miss the storytime threads every time a new issue came out. So much nonstop shitposting goes on this board and it was a glimmer of clear water in the ocean of shit this board has become.

RIP Major Tom.

It was only ever meant for a 12 issue run.

It was very in your face, user.

I loved it and I'm really excited for Russell's Snagglepuss comic that's supposed to be out within the next few months.

I agree with this post. Some specific jabs and references were hidden behind other stuff, but the general satiric messages were very on the nose. Which was completely fine, because it was executed so well.

I just forget that existed honestly. I'm pissed we didn't get six more issues but oh well

>Forever Evil better than Flintstones

Surely you jest

Shade is maybe as good,but it's very different so a direct comparison is impossible. Call it equal?
Kek, no. Vote Loki has some cool ifeas but it was sloppy as fuck, both the writing and the art
Maybe but it's still the only one that qualifies as something to top Flintstones.

Yes but they said that DC wants another run and both of them are game for it. Pugh just needs time again to open up. Great interview with him on Deconstructing Comics about it

>Vote Loki has some cool ifeas but it was sloppy as fuck, both the writing and the art
The writing was fine and the only thing wrong with the art was the coloring.

You have to be 18

and also have good taste in music

fuck off

I meant it in the same way as Injustice is great, user.

You see it on the next page, as a bloody bag of 'appliance food'

I wasn't really a fan of it. I still believe the realistic style was a huge misstep and the gore was really off-putting and ruins some of the humor, but I won't deny it was still a well-made comic regardless.

>Call it equal?
No, it's better
>but it's still the only one that qualifies as something to top Flintstones.
So is Doom Patrol, Omega Men, Sheriff of Babylon, Cry Havoc, Harrow County, Deathstroke, Black Hammer. Sugar & Spike was funnier too.

Only half of those are from the big two. Which was the question. Omega men wasn't better, deathstroke is not all that good but i don't care for the way Priest writes so maybe it is good just not for me, and My Chemical Romance sucks

one of best book of this year.

Whaat
Sounds hype.

>Omega men wasn't better,
Why? It did good world building, had interesting morally gray characters and did a good job with the art actually being part of the storytelling instead of just pictures to move the plot
>I don't like the way Priest writes
Not a valid argument. One could say I don't like the way Russell writes" too. Priest accomplishes what he sets out to do and its exactly what the title needs.

>My Chemical Romance sucks
True but Gerard Way is a very good comic book writer

The story he already did was pretty good. I think it'll be better than Flintstones.

Doesn't seem surprising, the comic is nothing like the show. The characterization and tone notably are very different.

Jesus Christ.

Omega men was good and has some great ideas. But it was one of kings least ambitious books. It played it safe in ways uncharactaristic of King. Besides Batman probably his worst comic. Still great.

Thats why i disqualified my arguement against Deathstroke.

I just haven't read Doom Patrol. So i did the Sup Forums thing of deflecting the arguement to something i hate.

My point is, most of that list was disqualified before we talked quality. You didn't properly read the arguement.

>played it safe
Explain how. Vision was far safer.
>My point is, most of that list was disqualified before we talked quality. You didn't properly read the arguement.
Yeah, I wasn't paying attention because I'm tired of hearing the comic is "the best thing ever". Still, I only listed 3 non big two titles.

>Explain how
In writing technique. He did a couple interesting things like the 9 panel countdown to explosion that was brilliant. But on a whole it was pretty standard storytelling.

Vision on the other hand employed a different style of storytelling with each issue. And compare the countdown in Omega Men with the father killing his son in Vision. Both you saw what was happening but in Vision it was a dramatic drum beat of horror. It was better written. He took more chances like that, in storytelling frameworks.

Which is why Vision is better in floppies (which is really rare). There should be a timing pause between issues in it

Any link?

>he father killing his son in Vision
That was hacky as hell. He called Virginia in his house to threaten her while his son was upstairs. Let's ignore the fact that he unironically thought threatening a syntheoid with a guyn is retarded and let's also ignore the fact that he revealed his identity to her like an idiot. That scene was pure shlock made simply for a "shocking" moment.

When the fuck was there gore in this comic?

it was better than we all expected,and that is something,also please someone post that part when vacuum talk about the sense of life with bowling ball,that one gets me everytime

Yeah, just as I thought, more anti-art to tear down civilization via "oh so hip and smart" self-hating culture.

I'm sure it's the best-written "Flintstones" thing ever. I'm also sure it's anti-culture that breeds on the self-hatred of white leftists.

No thanks.

Baby's First Watchmen
I actually liked Vision through issue 6 or so, when it became apparent that King didn't have any real points to make but was just coasting off of "Pseudo-'50s suburbia is kinda weird and defamiliarizing, right guys?"

Maybe he means when the drones killed and ate that random family

It was mostly off-panel, and there weren't any blood or guts. If that is too much gore that I have no idea how you can even read 95% of comic books being published

Well, that, but the early issues also had the dinosaurs eating people and the news reporter straight up showing a guy who had his head crushed by a boulder.

I generally don't read that many comics, I admit, but my problem was its execution more than the actual gore. I can enjoy stuff like Archie vs Predator and Godzilla in hell just fine. It's just that in this case it contrasted with the humor enough to where the tone of the book came off as unsettling and borderline tone-deaf.

It was fun when it wasn't ham fisted about its message.

You fuckers are so gullible.

explain

I wouldn't call it hamfisted like but it is sometimes unsubtle. It looks more subtle when you compare it to politically-charged Marvel comics in the last few years, is why.

A lot of contrarian bitches ITT. The Flintstones and Vision are the two best comics of the decade so far and they will make top 100 and even top 50 best comics of all time lists while you continue to seethe.

Holy fuck, how dense are you. It was not shocking at all. You knew it would happen from page one. It was an issue not about what would happen but about the music and the beat of the steps to it. If you read it again you should see a ominous beat to the panels.

Why do you have to have a point to a story? Most stories don't. Are you elevating him to edgar allen poe? Sometimes he didn't have a point either.

But if you are too dumb it's a character/social construct story. You construct your life habitate and want it to work. Everyone wants to construct their world. But he built it ona flaw. The flaw propegates.

I could write a few essays for you but you sound too stupid (no I'm just too much on an anger roll to let up) to understand. Learn how to understand storytelling itself as a story

Poor powergoat...

Why all the talk in past tense? Is the book over?

It was signed on for 12 issues, and the very poor sales stopped it from getting a suspension. The second trade should be out in a bit.

How dense are YOU to miss all my other points? The characters have to act completely retarded to inject some artificial drama ie "the death of a child". And in case you're pretending to be retarded or you truly are dense, killing a minor is supposed to be "shocking", that's why you think the scene was ominous.

Shit like this is exactly why I hate the fans of this series. This isn't even slightly clever, but people will still eat it up. It's the fucking laziest and hackiest appeal to someone else that was actually talented to gain cred from posers that's made like half the time whenever there's a comedy story that involves a rocket ship. Fuck off. Especially all the brainlets that thought some casual social commentary was SO DEEP every fucking issue.

Book's a solid 7/10, though.