ITT Iconic moments

ITT Iconic moments

rate

god i hate this moment it is the antithesis of who cap should be.

who care its different cap anyway

Cap should be literally like this. Real American not some nu-male baby faggot

translation: cap should be an asshole.

yes. He is a fucking soldier

He does have "America" in the name.

Ult Cap wasn't really an asshole.he did waht needed to be done and he would do it. he was a true hero

he was good lad

Context?

I thought it was an inverted V

Nobody likes you Millar

know that is mutha fucking CAP.

some day Morrision is going to kill him with magik or a car and on that day I'll have a little dance

>tfw you know that Americans will now get incredibly butt-blistered about this and say that they deserved to be bombed by muslims

The Shadow only kills shits, so dollars to donuts, this was some rich, trust-fund shit that deserved a double dose of Lead Tylenol.

Ult Cap really was an asshole
He got shit done, yes, but he did it by being a jerk to pretty much everyone around.
Regular Cap remembers what's it like to be weak and always takes that into account.
Ult Cap hates that he was ever weak and hates weakness in others above all else

Captain America is who you want to be, Ultimate Cap is who you are

The bit where Supes flew back to brainiac and beat the shit out of him after Pa died was just the right amount of OOC. As in, no, it's not something Supes would do under normal circumstances. These are not normal circumstances

This one page was really the only miss step they had with Cap at the start of the Ultimate Universe. The comment is too much Bush era Jingoism and not enough WW2 era Jingoism. Otherwise his characterisation as tough and loud, but still intelligent and heavily idealistic was on point for the story they were telling in Ultimates. He may seem an asshole at times, but that comes from his soldier's attitude, and battle is essentially the only thing he still finds familiar anymore.

I feel he went downhill after Ultimatum. At least, that's when I think the story of him fighting Vietnam's Captain America took place.

Wasn't this the first time they addressed that Superman didn't have any actually kind of formal fighting training and had always just relied on a single big punch to deal with everything?

Soldiers don't have to be assholes.

Everything in the Ultimate Universe went downhill after Loeb took over.

It's a real pity because I do in fact really like the Ultimate Universe.

It was honestly good for a while.
It actually felt like a real shared universe instead of the regular canon's quilt of kinda connected but not really storylines

CRY FOR JUSTICE!!!!

The art was so amazing in that book, but the writing was god-awful.

That's Thanos with the infinity gauntlet, having obtained nigh godhood. He snapped his fingers and half the life in all the universe simply ceased to be. In this picture he is at his moment of triumph, having defeated anyone that would seemingly concern him, and all that remains is Steve Rogers, who marches towards oblivion, undeterred in the least, ready to die to stop a madman.

Yep. Primarily because it was brand new, but through references within the stories it was pretty easy to establish a chronology.
There are still a few plotholes here and there; I still have no fucking idea where Ultimate Hulk vs Wolverine is supposed to fit in the timeline.

I dont speak Surrender what does this say?

It's fucking shame they realized that they can make R-rated capeshit so late, "The Wolverine" could've been good.

God exists!
He drowned all the Neo-Nazis in Texas!

That was a dream sequence. He was fantasizing about going to Brainiac's cell and murdering him while he was depowered.

It doesn't even make sense for Cap to say that.

France was a major ally during WW2, the "France is a bunch of pansies" attitude came after Cap's time.

This. I'm okay with a politically incorrect Captain America but at least get it right.

That happened on Hooded Utilitarian

I like this because it's a memento of the Freedom Fries, Weapons of Mass Destruction period of American history. May it shame them forever.

Fucking bureaucrats.
But he could also just climb a wall. Then again, knowing Marvel citizens, he's just be called a mutie pretending to be Spider-Man.

>On June 22, 1940, the French government signed an armistice with Nazi Germany just six weeks after the Nazis launched their invasion of Western Europe.
>It doesn't even make sense for Cap to say that.

>Germany violates neutral Belgium
>holds Paris hostage
>France surrendered because they were cowards!
Really now

Yeah because how there Americans be upset that someone used a tragedy and turned it into the Nazis.

I don't truly get the problem people have with this, it's fairly amusing.

it doesn't make sense, that's the problem with it

Because of shit like this

Yes but Ali trained him it the DC version of the DBZ time chamber.

Fucking Millar

No, you stupid fucker. He's CAPTAIN AMERICA.

On the topic of iconic moments, take pic related. Ultimate Cap would never have done this.

You sure? He confronted the Hulk one on one; he's definitely not a coward.

What's up with Millar and the French?

what

Charlie Hebdo is like the living version of South Park's "It's either all okay or none of it is" logic.

Who gives a shit if it offends someone so long as its funny to somebody.

Fuck all.

Ultimates 1 and 2 are great.

But after that Ultimates was meh.

>he like totally wrecked the hulk bro, ultimate cap is hella sick
In pic related, Cap thinks Fury or the anti-registration side is trying to save him by sniping out the guards. He would rather go to prison than have an innocent man die because of him. If you think that's cowardice, you should probably kill yourself.

This feels less like South Park and more Family Guy to be honest.

I'm pretty sure if a version of that was done with some other group, people wouldn't be laughing.

that is the image I should have posted yes

Ultimate cap
>acts like a guy from 40's
616 cap
>acts like a nu-male
Hmmm

WHY IS THAT WOMAN'S FINGER ON THE TRIGGER OF THAT RIFLE REEEEEEEEEE

badass

lame

>250 IQ

Nobody from the 40s think France surrended like most American thinks nowadays, any soldier who was here knew about De Gaule and the resistance

Not that guy, but yes. Really.

>french resistance
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Nobody from the 40s think France surrended

You know that because you were alive in the 40s, right?

ultimate caps doesn't act like a guy from the 40's he acts like Mark Millars neo-con wank fantasy. guys from the 40's ( who incidentally are still around) where socially a little backwards sure but one thing they understood and loved was international cooperation.

I wish somebody made a what if where Cap actually acts like a man from the 1940s. Like he's somewhat racist and misogynistic, but still ultmately heroic.

The sequence of Thor putting Tony in check post-Civil War.

>>Nobody from the 40s think France surrended
wew lad

The ironic part here is that Houston is just as liberal as any city you see in Cali or NY.

The thing about Ultimate Captain America and the rest of the ultimates was that at the end of Ultimates 2 they were supposed to realize that their interventionism only made things worse and after leaving Shield become true heroes. Of course Jeph Loeb arrived and ruined everything.

I'm a tourist to this board, but this is something I would appreciate seeing if you could point me in the right direction.

Houston has some white people so that's enough to celebrate them drowning.

What about the tons of blacks and Hispanics?

You mean the looters? They're the people whites should be donating to! While they feel good about those evil republican nazis drowning that is.

I think this is how the conversation went
>616 Cap showed courage by sacrificing himself. Ultimate Cap wouldn't do that.
>Ultimate Cap took on Hulk. He has courage too.

I don't think anyone was calling 616 a coward.

Thank you.

I'm not even american and I agree. They're playing right into the hands of people who rationalized the attack they suffered.