Rorschach DC

Thoughts? Will they actually use him? Do you think it would be interesting to see him interact with DCU characters?

>Do you think it would be interesting to see him interact with DCU characters?

No. They've done all they really should do with him in the main DCU.

The crossover I'd like to see is DC heroes encountering their universe and witnessing what happened next. It would have to be done and handled very well, though.

My thought are that I don't care.
And no, it wouldn't be interesting to see them drag the character even further full the shit.
Before Watchmen was enough of an abortion.
DC need to burn to the ground along with Marvel.

But he's been dead for over 30 years

Time is relative in multiversal shenanigans. That's why Gotham by Gaslight and the pirate Earth can exist next to the modern age DCU.

I liked before watchmen. But i agree with you doomsday clock is just a try to get attention by using a beloved and mainstream wide accepted movie.
Before watchmen was some moviegoer grabbing. This screams just like "we dont have any ideas and this is the biggest common denominator we can get to get all fans". And in the end this will be just lacklustering.

for what purpose

Nobody can write the character except Moore.

>inb4 fanboy

Everyone else writes him as "le edgy supreme badass" instead of the pathetic lunatic he's supposed to be. Not even the movie could stop itself from making him "cool."

>pathetic lunatic he's supposed to be.

Even when written by Moore himself people thought he was cool. Regardless of the author's intention for the character, a lot of people ended up liking him.

Even if he was written the same way today in the DCU, he would still be popular with readers. But I'm not sure if the other capes would allow him to operate freely. With the no kill rule and such.

>Even when written by Moore himself people thought he was cool.

People think Walter White is cool too, that doesn't mean I want someone else to write him and turn him into their idea of "Heisenberg."

>Regardless of the author's intention for the character, a lot of people ended up liking him.

And?

>But I'm not sure if the other capes would allow him to operate freely. With the no kill rule and such.

Never stopped Frank.

Look, you can like whatever you want to. But that doesn't mean I want to see those people write the character.

It's bad and b they should feel bad

Doomsday Clock is a mistake. I have a feeling this is going to be very hamfisted

Dudes dead. I guess th cover is symbolism. The Trinity in his role.

> The Trinity in his role.

Role as in looking for the truth, or hacking rapists with a butcher's knife ? :^)

>pathetic lunatic
but thats what makes him cool.
Best characters have a torn or bad side. Otherwise he would become mary sue.
And he is "le edgy supreme badass" or how would you describe the part in the prison or with the psychiatrist?

>inb4 fanboy
You mean you are the purist fanboy. Thats ok.

I hope they don't use him. I don't see a reason to revive him.

Nerds love Rorschach and DC never gave a shit about the author's rights or artistic merits, otherwise the Watchmen/DC crossover wouldn't even exist

>I have a feeling this is going to be very hamfisted
What makes you think that? The writer is gonna be Geoff Johns, the master of subtle, nuanced and complex comic book writing!

>I don't see a reason to revive him.
What about money? Because that's what this thing is all about.

>Rorschach's mask morphing into superhero logos
I could have gone my entire life without seeing this.

>"The Rorschach is dead. Bury it."

I'd still like to know what he has to say about the DCU.

>They'll cry retcon this and I'll whisper: no

>Everyone else writes him as "le edgy supreme badass"
Bullshit. In BW he was beaten, demasked and humiliated by some thug, who later was defeated by a random band of looters. The whole story arc was about Rorschach failing miserably.